The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Barra
Maid
Maid

Re: The Promenade: Shelter, Church, Home

Post by Barra »

" Hurry Edonil the guards are closing in " Barra called to his brother.
The two brothers were running for their lives, their matron mother would have their hearts oh the alter of ILoth if she had her way.
Zahanzon, Barra's pet bat found the perfect place to rest for the brothers.
Barra took his brother in his arms and levitate to the nook high in the cavern roof, that his pet bat had found for them.
they both collapsed exhausted.
Barra reach for his water skin and took a drink. his brother Edonil swiped it and drank deeply from the skin.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian shook the emaciated elf's thin hand a bit more gently than he probably could have: Zyzzat looked so fragile! Even though he knew very well this was not the case, his instinctive reflex was to be careful.

"Can you join us?" he asked. "We were just settling in for our morning bath. "

G'eldfryn stepped away from the mage, letting him and Adian bond again. Instead he drifted in the direction of Eowiewiel and her disagreement with the giant halfling. Perhaps a more diplomatic form of rescue was called for.

"And the little one wins," Maydiira said.

Suspavin tossed her a gleaming silver coin without comment.

As Edonil and Barra rested they began to hear an odd sound. It was a gentle movement of air, barely a whisper that caught their ears. It seemed to be coming from down the tunnel to their left.

From the tunnel on their right they caught the sound of voices raised in surprise and the sounds of combat. Possibly their pursuers had run afoul of some creature or other ambush. They could make out calls and curses in drow, which left little room for doubt. Their pursuers were only a short distance away...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Whoever the attacking pursuers were, they were not alone in those tunnels, at least not anymore.

It was from that same left tunnel that two crimson eyes came strolling out of the darkest shadowy corner, with twin bat-like wings folded inward around the owner's body, to confront the pursuing party; little did Adian know that certain friends were now in a very close vicinity to his home.
"You know," came a soft, purring voice; "it is rude to not a invite others to hunt along with you. Didn't your Matron Mother teach you any manners?" The twin red eyes narrowed at the pursuing Lolthites, a gloved hand going to her belt poach under her wings.

It was then from the opposite direction of the winged, red-eyed female the Lolthites would find a huge, golem-looking suit of platinum armor standing in a neutral stance behind them, with both of its armored gloves grasping a greatsword, the hilt of the weapon splitting right in front of its helmet. The sword was bigger than any of the drow present, even the red-eyed winged female. The huge goliath suit of armor had its helmet looking at the ground, even then it's imposing 6'7" stature towered over every living being in there area.

"It's also problematic when the hunters become the hunted, as a new predator enters the arena with them;" came a deep, growling voice from the helmet of the armored golem; the gloves tightened around hilt of the greatsword, which then started to thrum and glow with radiant energy as it detected the negative intent of evil entities nearby. The huge armored figure raised its helmet, revealing twin solid silver orbs staring out of the eye-slits, revealing the armored juggernaut to be celestial blooded in nature.

"So tell me," the armored aasimar growled, kicking his huge sword into a ready position, it's holy energies ready to strike; "which one of you is first?"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

The dark elves were already very busy dealing with a mated pair of Hook Horrors, their weapons hammering against the rough hides and only causing mild cuts and slashes. Now these two intruders...!

[i:210arihr]"Ssuth!"[/i:210arihr]

The group, five males and two females, did the first thing any drow would do under desperate circumstances. Globes of absolute blackness engulfed the tunnel and the drow scattered, relying on their natural agility and speed to get them out of harm's way. One male failed right away, one of the Horrors getting in a nasty swipe along his side. He was lucky he wasn't gored outright...though with the presence of the sorceress and the knight that might have been getting off easily...

No one seemed to have noticed the two brothers in their hiding space.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"[color=#FF80BF:82hlbapt]Let go of me, you foul were-dwarf![/color:82hlbapt]"
Mug of elite warrior became crimson as snarled at her.
"You dare to attack me with your critter and now you think I will let you go so easily? I think Lady should hear of this from you personally."
"[color=#FF80BF:82hlbapt]Isn't she too busy to be bothered by such nonsense? We can have a 'private' deal.[/color:82hlbapt]" Chattering to save her skin, priestess moved her leg back, far enough to make swing aimed at groin.
"I am sure she will find some time, maybe even say some of her own thoughts about your behav..."
His form exploded in flash of colors when it was outlined in harmless violet flame.
"[color=#800000:82hlbapt]Don't bully my mom![/color:82hlbapt]" Not so far from him, young drow put hands in front of her, aimed at the Hand of Protector.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zyzaat laughed at the care with which Adian shook his hand, "Come now, you know this is merely an illusion. It will take more than a handshake to break these old bones. And I will have to decline the offer to bathe, I am still quite happily undead, even if I look like I am alive and well, and nothing can clear out a public bathing pool like a long dead person stepping in for a bath" Zyzaat chuckled and waved to Cinder, a smile on his face, "I see the Promenade has been treating you very kindly, Lady Cinder, you certainly look like you are enjoying the benefits of pregnancy to their fullest." He reached into the an inner pocket of his black robe, and pulled out a long lacquered wooden box, and offered it to Cinder.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

(( ok i am going backwards i am not in the bath yet .. O gwad lol maybe i should just change my first post ... yep i will do that )

Cinder happy to see Zyzzat took the beautiful box first then rapped her arms around his bony neck and hugged him some what uncomfortably but non the less affectionately " it is so good to see you again Zyzzat " she said. then looked down at the lovely box he gave her. " What is this " she said looking back at the pretty box he had given her. When she opened it she found a mitrhal locket, embedded with a beautiful moonstone. When she opened and a full sized image of Adain projected from it. She looked at Adain and smiled then back at her friend " how in chantingly beautiful " she said " you know me so well Zyzzat " she said ' she flung her arms around his neck again " I will always treasure this she said then strung it over her head and pulled her long hair throw it. " and i will always wear, it thank you so much Zyzzat. "
" Enjoying pregnacy well we are " she looked at Adain again. " but it is taking it's tole, there is only a few weeks left and we will be glad to have them safely delivered. It is so nice you will be here for the event " she said holding the locket affectionately.
Last edited by CinderSuru on Sat May 26, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barra
Maid
Maid

Post by Barra »

Barra and Edonil peered down at what was taking place on the floor of the cave benith them.
They looked back at each other and giggled.
" Zahanzon why don't you go down there and check out them new comers " Barra ordered his bat scout.
The bat flew down and berched himself on the winged womens shoulder and waited.
" That was oddly out of charator for Zahanzon to trust someone so easily " he said to his brother.
" what ever " Edonil replied with a shrug.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Ah, true," Adian said. "And this is a lovely, and embarrassingly flattering gift. Thank you. We should be done with our bath shortly. Then we can catch up properly."

G'eldfryn approached the angry halfling with a calming gesture.

"Come now, there's been no real harm done," he said. "Just a mother and daughter playing a little rough. No one's going to hurt anyone, all right? You can speak to the Lady Veladorn and she'll take care of it. All right?"
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder let Adain help her into the warm water carfully she held onto his arm as he guided her to a comfortable place near the hot spring that feed the bath were she liked best.
" Good morning Akor'ace " Cinder said repectfully as Adain eldest sister entered the baths " I was wondering if you might find time to come with me to the surface market any time soon " she asked. I still have a few things left to get before the twins arrive and I think by next week it would be a good idea not to leave the Promeade "
Last edited by CinderSuru on Sun May 27, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Measuring up and down the G'eldfryn, halfling reluctantly let go of ebony hand to move away, grumbling in his wake.
Instead of offering hasty thanks, maid swiftly stepped to child, slapping on the back of her head and getting hold on pointy ear, ignoring protests and yells.
"[color=#FF80BF:3he59cy0]What did I tell you about using your magic on other persons? You are in troubles, young lady. [/color:3he59cy0]"
Turning to young heart-stealer, sullen stare was changed to smile.
"[color=#FF80BF:3he59cy0]Thanks for stepping in, but just so you know, I could handle this... Um, who are you?[/color:3he59cy0]"
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Alas I cannot," the eldest of the odd little family said. However, ljrene is going to the surface today. Perhaps you can get some shopping in between her trips to the flower shops and her eternal hunt for stuffed dolls."

Ijrene was one of the greatest warriors the Promenade had...and had the most incongrous personality imaginable. She lived with an almost child-like optimism and was know to squeal like a small girl when given gifts. On the surface she moved about as though her people weren't some of the most hated and feared in Toril, seemingly carefree and loving life.

Until some idiot drew a blade, anyway.

There were worse shopping partners.

G'eldfryn stared as though she'd just knifed him. In a way she had...to his ego. How could she, or any fair maiden in the Promenade not know his name? He, the greatest lover the Promenade had known in its entire existence!

At least in his own mind.

"I am G'eldfryn, my lady," he said with a sweeping bow. "And it pleases me to have been some assistance in some small way. I am honored to meet you and your daughter."

Much better. She would be swooning any moment now...
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[b:2o8xxofq][i:2o8xxofq] Elsewhere........ Berdusk[/size:2o8xxofq][/b:2o8xxofq][/i:2o8xxofq]

An explosion rocks the house. She stumbles, but catches herself as she flips and rolls once before standing. "Damnit, why so soon?" Turning a corner, she run-walks to a door. It opens even as she is there. Passing through, it closes behind her. "Rizzin, the information was wrong. Those damned idiots. What do we do?"

"I have prepared a spell to take you safely away from here. Find Bryzyne. Father has been missing for too long and we brothers will try to hold them off. Damned Zhents. Go and find her. She'll help you. I am sending you to a safe place underneath Waterdeep, even below Undermountain. There are drow there, I have learned. Just be careful sis."

He begins casting and soon enough a door appears in thin air. It opens, but reveals nothing past it. She hugs her brother once and saluting him in her flashy way, dives through!

[b:2o8xxofq][i:2o8xxofq] Baths... Cinder.. Aidan[/size:2o8xxofq][/b:2o8xxofq][/i:2o8xxofq]

A door materializes from thin air! It opens and in dives a dark figure, tumbling head over heels until it lands upside down, feet up in the air at the wall opposite the bath. A cloak hides the persons face and body, but a groan can be heard from beneath it, in drow in fact. "Did someone get the number of that Lizard rider?," is all a female voice says before her body slides down the wall and she is now sitting, cloak over her head. Ebony hands remove the cloak from her front and a long haired drowess emerges from beneath, shy smile on her face. She then stands. The drowess sports a cloak and under it a strange looking armor with more pockets than you could count. A scabbard adorns each hip.

"Excuse me for the intrusion. I am Delsenora. My brother sent me here where he tells me it is safe. Was he wrong?" She keeps close to the wall, but shows no sign of bad intentions.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

She found herself in a large cavern with what was obviously a communal bath. Males and females of several races, uncluding humans and surface elves and half-elves, stared at her in surprise.

Akor'ace rose from the water and approached the newcomer, rather resmbling a goddess herself emerging from the sea. The was a little on the tall side for drow, being roughly the same height as a surface elf and with a build that belonged on a stage. Her face was kind ash she approached the ruffled drowess with her hands open.

"You have heard correctly, sister," she said. "You are now under the hand of the Dark Maiden in the Promenade of Eilisstraee. We welcome you with open arms. Are you injured?"
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Del looks around, surprised at first but then happy to see the melange of races. Rizzin was right! "Uh, I am not injured just lost my breath. I'll be fine. Eilistraee, you say? I um honestly do not worship any deity but my father is a priest of the Morninglord and my aunt of the Dancing Maiden herself. Thank you for your welcome" She bows but does not hug or touch the drowess as she does not know her as of yet.