The Dark Moon - Luskan Manor

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Re: The Dark Moon - Luskan Manor

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zyzaat nodded, "I thought it was rather brilliant personally, I am quite proud of myself." He leaned against the surface of his desk facing Suru, and crossed his arms, "Well, on the bright side, we now have some time to prepare for the hell that I have been forced to unleash. From what I saw in my readings while under the control of that human I can assure you that the dead of this world will no longer rest peacefully in their graves. And our only window of opportunity to set this right will be at the last moment, when Atropus sends an avatar to this world, until then we must only survive." He pushed himself away from the table and turned to face the rest of the group, "This house is not connected to the Prime Material Plane, consider it our safe-house of sorts. This place has rooms for almost two dozen people, so if we share we can fit in almost fifty people here relatively comfortably. I suggest you bring people of importance to you here, it will be safe."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Suru ran her finger on the surface of the dusty shelf and looked at it then at Zyzaat " You have know shortage of brilliants do you Zyzaat, but you could use a little help in the house keeping department."
"I think Cinderanna you should go get the twins as soon as you can be ready " she pointed out.
" I will call on Rayunna to bring the child back, I would like to keep them both safe " she said with concern. " Rayunna is resourceful and will be helpful in many capacities."

Cinder looked at Adain placing her hand on his shoulder. " I will leave now, is there any one or anything you need from the Promanade " she asked him.

" Where will I find a room for myself and Rayunna " Suru asked her less than modest friend.
" We have our work cut out for us don't you think " she said looking at the giant " maybe Neiriah and I could set up a nursery of some kind."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyzaat shrugged, "Well, at this moment, I have made this house to be used by me and me alone... the other rooms are for my experiments. For the sake of our friendship, and you sanity, I would advise against poking around." He pulled back his chair and sat down, crossing his legs and touching the tips of his fingers, "The ritual to reconstruct this manor will take me a week to complete... and after you all will be able to move in permanently. Until then, I have something to keep you busy while I work to restructure this place." He pulled out a very rumpled piece of parchment, and taking a quill in hand, he scrawled something on it and handed it over to Suru.
On the parchment was written a name "Bhaile Duchais" Zyzaat leaned back in his chair, "You all remember that old man, my mentor? Well I think he should be told of the situation... but I cannot reach him with our usual means of communication." He pointed to the main door, "That will take you to the village outskirts, as for after that... well I think you should not have too much difficulty finding him. He usually likes to play the role of village elder or something with a high level of power."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder dissolved in a swirl of flashing lights fetching her twins to bring them to the safety of the tower.

Suru took the piece of parchment looking it over " yes I recall your strange old friend " she said glancing up in the direction of the door, she thought for a moment to her self considering his offer. " I will take care of it as soon as I get Rayunna and the child settled in. "
She reached out with her mind instructing Rayunna to return with the child.
Within moments Rayunna was standing in a swerl of blue lights with the child in her arms.
Suru went down a curved hallway were she found a two large rooms that shared a comfortable bathing chamber and lounge " this will do nicely for us she said to her niece " Cinder and Adain can take the other room with the twins. "
The moon elf snapped her fingers and a wooden wardrob appeared in the room with them. " opening it she reached in for a suitable riding dress to wear into the village, rather plain, but a pretty blue with raindeer finely crafted belts and buckles holding it together. " help me with these " she asked Rayunna politely. The young moonelf helped Suru buckel on a small sword to her back as the drow youth investigated the rooms.
Cinder arrived with the twins just then Adain trailed behind with luggage " these rooms are very nice, good choose Suru.
" I should like to take Sarnor with me " Suru informed Cinder taking his hand.
Suru found her way to the doorway Zyzzat pointed out and disappeared into the forest riding Cinder's white stag with Sarnor sitting snug against her torso.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

As the group filtered out through the doorway, the brilliant flash of a just setting sun momentarily dazzled them, especially the drow. The portal opened up at the base of a large hill, almost a mountain. The hill was to the west, and offered no protection from the sun... or any sentries that the village just barely visible on the far side of the hill might have posted. As the seconds passed, however there were no sounds of alarms raised, or any change in the voices that barely carried across the flat lands that were most likely used for crops. To the keen eyes of the drow, it was fairly obvious that the region was peaceful, as evidenced by the obviously vestigial remains of a wall, long ago left to fend for itself against the onslaught of time, and the weather.
They managed to approach the walls unchallenged, and the crumbling gates were left open, but beyond them the village seemed to be well tended, if a bit old fashioned. Small, one family huts made of wood were arranged in a sort of circular pattern, spreading out from a large empty area: the village square. A tavern stood diametrically opposite the gates, and even though children's voices could be heard as the group of drow was approaching the village, there were precious few adults, let alone children to be seen. The looks directed at the drow, particularly Suru, sitting on a stag, were a mixture of interest and apprehension. It seemed the villagers were waiting for something, or someone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder stayed in the tower with her daughter and the other children whilst Rayunna wandered silently up the spooky stair wells curiously and very cautiously, she knew too well Zyzaats reputation and was trying to be ready for surprises. Sometimes that drow put her nerves on their very edge and her mind in several more places than usual at one time. A bat wizzed by her in a rush for unknown reasons, Rayunna squinted her eyes suspiciously.

Sanor peep over the top of the stags head between great antlers, he had the gentle disposition of his father his mind razor sharp , his hand was at the ready held at his dagger ready, as was he trained by his godfather Verake. His grandmother held her grandsons waist firmly to her as long blue hair danced in the breeze, she sensed no real danger at the moment.
The stags hoofs were decorated with dangerous shoes that sparkled in the sun, he was a curious creature a rare albino thow his eyes were weak his other senses made up for it. He depended on the guidance of his rider for direction so Suru held the rains securely. She scanned the area with her mind for traces of thought that could lead them to the old mage they sought.
There was a sound coming to her mind that she recognized to be a fragment of a memory of him, it seemed to be coming from a young women who's concentration seemed to be on her aim. She was out side the circle of huts off in the trees some place. Suru's brow raised as her mind found the arrows destination. The women was a huntress, a large wild boar was digging up tasty roots with it's great sharp husks unaware of the huntresses intent, who sat silently in a near by tree.
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

To strangers, and newcomers, the subtle changes in the voices and activity of the villagers might not be so obvious, but to one whom has lived among them for many a year, the subtle changes are profound, the usual rhythms of daily life ceasing to follow their predictable beat. When one has so much time on his hands, it's amazing the things they take to paying attention to. Arlahn, as he is known to the village, is old by human terms, but the elf only in his 50's is still a young man, if even a man at all, as an elf ages. Today, something has changed the rhythms of these people he lives amongst, and dressed in dull brown robes, along with hooded cloak, he depart from his own hut, to see what has brought this halt to the symphony of daily life in the village. With hood drawn, his face is obscured, yet moving amongst the rear edges of the gathered townsfolk, with a wooden staff with a crystal affixed to the top, in hand, he may be mistakable for a man of importance. Here, he is just a hermit of a man, seldom coming out among his neighbors, except when there's trouble.

Arlahn, he keeps pace with the passage of the strangers, these Drow and their companions, and when he notices one of them focusing on something, he grins to himself, and with a little focus of his own, his 'voice' abruptly enters Suru's mind, [i:1j0491oz]"Welcome dark one, what can our quaint little village do for you?"[/i:1j0491oz] Strange though, no one else will have heard it, nor will there be seen a man among the crowd who has spoken above it and stood out as a result. But the greeting and question remain, planted obviously by someone with both power and awareness of the situation.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

[i:311eftzr]TWANG[/i:311eftzr]
The bow thrummed its deadly note only once and the board dropped, dead. An arrow sunk down to its feathers stuck out from the beast's neck. The woman lithely scaled down the tree, using branch after branch to slow her drop to the forest floor. A gleaming knife appeared in her hand, and with motions that showed many years of practice at this task, she quickly gutted and skinned her kill. She let the beast bleed out a bit more, then hefted her kill onto her shoulders, an impressive feat of strength, especially for such a lithe woman, obviously she had some magic on her. Her prize secured, she began making her way back towards the village, and was soon joined by other hunters and huntresses, each carrying a different prize, some had baskets of fish, others carried bundles of hares. Obviously there was no shortage of game to hunt here, and the village enjoyed good meals most of the summer. The hunters took a similar path to the village as Suru and her group, and passed a lone hut barely more than a room, standing far away from the village, at the mouth of a small crevasse that marred the ground at the base of the mountain. As the hunters passed it, they dropped a fish, or some other small token of their hunt at the door without pausing in their trek home. Not even waiting to see if their gifts were received, the hunters continued on their way to the village, arriving just after Suru. Although they didn't draw their weapons there was obvious tension in the air, new comers were rare in the area... especially such powerful adventurers.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

(( Welcome Arlahn to Dark Moon.. Just so you know Suru is an moonelf, Sarnor her grandson is mostly drow ))

The viose she heard sounded friendly enough. Suru silently followed the link back to it's source to discovered a young elf, of some talent she summarized.
" We seek the mage Bhaile Duchais, exigent is our circumstance goodelf might we be directed thereof " she cogently asked.

She turning to Zyzaat " there is a enquiring young elf who has taken residents in my mind, I asked if he might help us find your Mentor. " she explained.
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

((Thanks for the welcome, I promise many surprises in the young elf, yet to be found.))

A light chuckle escapes Arlahn at the request, and an urgent one no less. Out he emerges from the crowd then, pulling back his hood, to reveal his face, fair complexion, golden hair, and brilliant emerald green eyes, high elf by the look of him. At once, whispers spread among the gathered villagers, many of which declare his name with a tone of surprise. It's clear by their surprise that he doesn't come out very often, and that his presence is in its own way a small honor for the new visitors. A dip of his head and a fond smile aside to the whispers, an then his smile is upturned to Suru, speaking with his own voice, "It seems I needn't introduce myself, however, I am Arlahn as you no doubt can guess. You're looking for Duchais, are you? Follow me then." Onward he begins to lead, toward the appropriate hut, in the meantime, manifesting another minor power, [i:yi4fd09h]Empathy[/i:yi4fd09h], probing the surface emotions of these visitors.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyzaat shrugged, "I cannot get past my master's illusions unless he lets me. And since I was... incapacitated I do not know what form he took here... for all we know we might be talking to him." He chuckled at his own joke, praying it wasn't true. This elf certainly was powerful, being able to cast a telepathy spell without even using gestures or words.
From Zyzaat, Arlahn's power could glean that the drow was a little afraid of this master of his, but why the elf could not begin to guess. As the group neared the cottage, Zyzaat raised his hands, and whispered out a rather lengthy incantation. His eyes momentarily flashed blue, and he nodded, "Aye, this house does seem to be sealed by my master's spells... unless there is a way to get into the house for the villagers, we will have no chance breaking these wards."

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Suru dismounted as they grew close to the mages cottage she sensed Zyzaats fear althow she did not understand why. She stood holding Sarnor in one arm wilst her other was free to use if she needed to cast a spell. Although she doubted any of her abilities would hold up against this mage, she simply did not think he was a threat,thow she was known to be wrong in such matters on occasion.
She waited there for an invitation to enter standing beside Zyzzat " What is wrong with you " she said with a deep breath and gazing stare.
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Arlahn allows himself a mildly annoyed sigh, "Are these wards really necessary?" speaking to no one in particular, and yet obviously the wizard within, again he focuses his mind, once more manifesting the [i:2e9j8u1y]Missive[/i:2e9j8u1y] power, sending another one-way telepathic message toward the mind of the wizard, provided he's actually in his hut, [i:2e9j8u1y]"Come out of your hole wizard! You have guests."[/i:2e9j8u1y] Message sent, he looks aside to Zyzaat, "I apologize, I had not realized he'd taken to blocking access to his entire hut. Perhaps he means to cease helping solve problems around here, and have me assume the role of leadership."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

In a large room, deep underground, or some similarly windowless place, illuminated with arcane lights a white haired man stood over a rickety looking table... it seemed like a normal scene, except for there was nothing on the table, yet the man was still intently focused on something... suddenly with a sharp yell the old man was thrown across the room with enough force to crack the stone wall behind him. Swearing profusely, the old man stood up again, "What do ye want, ye meddling elf thing?" He sent back. "I damn near blew half of this country up... don't ye younglings knock any more?"

Zyeke
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Out of nowhere, well at least for the company of Zyzaat and Suru, Arlahn begins laughing aloud, a hearty belly laugh. Quite the sight for a high elf, considering their reputation for being dry and humorless, according to some. This outburst, may even draw a few eyes from the townsfolk who know him best. Well, better anyway, than these new visitors. When his composure is regained, though with a lingering smirk, he focuses once more, glad that using this particular power requires so little of his daily reserves of energy to use each time, [i:12xz52yy]"You leave enough of your hut exposed to knock upon, and perhaps I will. Now, will you come receive your guests, or shall I turn away this fellow that claims to have been your student?"[/i:12xz52yy]