The Dark Moon - Luskan Manor

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Adian Novar
Champion

Re: The Dark Moon - Luskan Manor

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian reached over and set his hand on hers.

"Don't worry," he said. "I'll be back as always. I'm not exactly a rookie anymore."
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[color=purple:3dyyo8eg] "So what are we planning to do, exactly? Just so Thoron and I know exactly how to proceed."[/color:3dyyo8eg]
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"I believe Een Jael's plan has merit," Adian said. "If we try to anticipate what he might or might not do we'll end up running around in circles. His plan has the benefit of being simple and fairly effective. Between Veraka and I a lot of his magical forces will have a hard time affecting us. We should be able to hold everything's attention until the book or the phylactary are recovered."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

"Mmm, indeed... the plan is quite sound, but I think ye are all thinking too much of Zyzaat, and not about this person who is wearing his body like a suit." A new voice spoke softly to all who were gathered around Suru's table. The doors at the far end of the hall, the ones that lead to the garden, creaked open slowly... to reveal a stooped old man, clothed in ragged black robes. The old man's hair showed more silver than black, and as he slowly hobbled his way towards the table every other small step he took was accompanied by the sharp clack of a walking stick. It took him almost a minute to cross the distance between the doors and table, so bent was he with age, but he finally managed to make it to the nearest chair. As he pulled the chair out, it was difficult to determine, which creaked more the chair or the man's old bones. With a final groan, he sat down in the chair, and with a quick wiggle of his fingers the plate in front of Een Jael rose and briskly floated to settle down in front of the man, along with a now filled goblet. "But before ye all start scrambling around, trying to kick out my old I have only one question I would like to know the answer to. How is it that ye all were so utterly fooled by my idiot apprentice sitting right there in front of all of ye?" Taking a long draw from the goblet that floated by his hand, looking at Een Jael.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder looked at Een Jael sitting across the table suspiciously then back at the old man.
" Perhaphs you can introduce your old friend Een to the rest of us " she said.
" Well come to Luskon Manor " Suru greeted the new comer " Dahlia please offer this man some wine "
Last edited by CinderSuru on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Apprentice?"

Adian's gaze snapped over to Een Jael, and he opened his Sight to see what he could of the man's heart...and that of the old man in front of them.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

As Adian looked at Een Jael something about the masked man certainly seemed strange. It seemed that just as soon as Adian could read his aura, it would change into one that was very reminiscent of their friend. As his gaze turned to the old man, it was as if his eyes had simply failed. Where the man sat was an area of nothing, as if he didn't exist, "What are ye doin' lad?" The old man laughed, "E'ery fool knows to ward against that type of look." The man raised his hands, and after a few complex passes Adian could see what the old mage's aura was like. The nothingness would have been better. The man's aura was certainly evil, but it was tempered with some matter of personal code. Even stranger was that with the lowering of his wards the man's face was clearly visible. The old man's eyes were what drew attention first, the orbs were totally black. "Now lad, are ye gonna raise thy mighty blade high and smite me where I stand?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Suru sat quietly at the end of the table watching Een Jael and the new comer.

Cinder instructed Rayunna to take the child to safety with hast.
Rayunna reached out and took the small girl in her arms, held her forked wand pointing it directly above her with the other arm streched over her, they both disappeared instantly. ( http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/planeShift.htm )

Suru's hand motioned in a large horizontal circle,
a shimmering emerald light encompassed the large hall ( http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/dimensionalLock.htm )

Cinder's hand gestured eliquatly and blue lights appeared swirling garcefully in a broad circlular motion
a shield of law appeared ( http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/shieldOfLaw.htm ) protected every one around the table.
She nodded at Adain and was ready to act swiftly keeping her link to him protected.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian reacted immediately, leaping to his feet with a look of revulsion on his face.

"You have some nerve unmasking yourself in front of me," Adian said. "The only reason I do not send you to your rest this very moment is because you clearly have something to say. Say it and be done."

He meant it, too. His weapon was right nearby and he could draw it in an instant. If that...thing made any kind of hostile move at all...
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Thoron didn't say anything, but realizes something is wrong. He grabs nunchaka's from his belt and holds them at his side. Bryzyne frowns and realizes she may have been tricked in some way. She moves closer in range to the old man, not Een. She readies a spell, but doesn't cast it.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka followed his wife and children into the great hall, were the whole family sat down for dinner; Aurora plopped down next to Veraka and looked up at the paladin with her ice blue eyes puppy eyes looking up at him.

Neriah looked over to Drada, Cinder and Adian, and inclined her head; "if Drada wishes to join Alasse and Dante, she is more than welcome to." While the children scurried around, and played with each other, Veraka retrieved some food for himself, while Neriah went on nibbling about her plate, simultaneously watching over the children.

The paladin listened intently to the conversation between Adian, and Een Jael, voicing only concerns where need be. It was when Jael revealed himself to be something more than he was, and when everyone around him drew their weapons and spells, Neriah included, that Veraka sat there, his eyes closed.

The aasimar swallowed his bite of food, and then spoke, eyes still closed; "let your apprentice fool us? No. Let him lead you to us, yes."
Veraka opened his silver eyes and locked them onto Een Jael; "and if Adian wanted to smite you, old man, I could do one better. I could summon the mightiest of angels from Mount Celestia to take you back up to the heavens, where the wrath for the wicked knows no bounds, just like mine does. Now my turn for a question." The paladin gets up from his seat, and gazes at Jael.

"Who in the Nine Hells are you and why in blue blazes did you come here, just to open up your visage to us now?"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The old wizard laughed, and took another drink from the goblet, "Aye, aye yer mother is a great being of virtue, I know who she is lad, I watched Zyzaat make his phylactery. Rather brilliant idea, using her as an anchor for the magic. Although he forgot to account that dieing and turning into an archlich would disrupt the spell he used to create that house in the first place. Yer welcome, by the way, for me stabilizing that magic and keepin' ye all from being lost to the Void." He waved his hand dismissively, "Unfortunately for thy vengance young Veraka, I am not the man who has taken over Zyzaat but rather..." He was about to say something further, but Een Jael stood up angrily, "Jherell-"
"Nathree" The wizard interrupted the masked man.

"Nathree, I remember how dearly you love long winded discussions about utterly useless topics so that the listener either forgets what the conversation was about, or hangs himself."

With an agravated exhaled huff of breath Nathree shifted in his seat, "But rather his old master." Still grumbling about the impertinence of the younger generations the ancient wizard rummaged around in his robes. He pulled out a fist sized globe and tossed it onto the table. For several moments it only rotated and glowed softly. In the blink of an eye the room was gone, replaced by a rather grisly scene. Even though Suru's dimensional lock prevented any actual travel to this location, the illusion was so well crafted that if someone had forgotten about it they could very well believe that they no longer stood within the Luskan manor. A frigid wind tore at the ends of cloaks and hair to fly wildly around. A lake stretched out underneath the group, who were standing high enough above it to see to both shores. Tall, majestic mountains reached high into the clouds in the distance, their tops lost. However, as Nathree pointed to the west shore, and everyone's gaze followed the scenery changed dramatically. There were no clouds over that shore line, in fact there was not much of anything there. Charred and scorched earth as far as the eye could see betrayed a recent torrent of fire, and destroyed houses gave testament to the town that merely minutes ago stood on that shore. Nathree spoke quietly, "These towns stood in Icewind Dale... I came to tell ye that ye failed to stop Zyzaat in time. More'n one thousand souls died. Normally the ritual would take about a week to cast, yet it seems Zyzaat had a way to shorten that time. Perhaps that's why he was chosen." The wizened mage pointed at the ground, "And worst of all... The World Born Dead is coming. Look, the bodies of the deceased rise again. They were the first, but I can assure ye, they will not be the last."

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" Very well composed illusion Mr. Nathree, " Suru stood gazing around curiously in the wind, " it is a rather good view " she said.
" Now, what is the point of this? You are not here to do us any favors, you serve an evil god that much i know. i think before we hear anything you have to say you tell us which god you serve." Suru waved them back to the dinning hall of the manor.

" I assume that Kiaransalee is playing a significant role in this noxious campaign to unleash the undead upon our world. I wonder what other company of gods might have their fingers in this unwholesome pie." The sorceress said reaching for a roll from a tightly woven willow basket.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Nathree roared with laughter, which rather quickly deteriorated into wheezing and coughing, "Nay lass, this is no illusion it happened. Nor do I serve any god or goddess now... long ago, I was much like ye, but a millenia and a half certainly have their way of changing a man, ye know?" Nathree reached into the air just in front of him and produced the goblet he had been drinking from and tipped it up, draining the last mouthfuls. "I lost faith in the gods when Mystryl fell, oh so very long ago. But still, this world needs their control. As for Kiaranslee's hand in this... I doubt it. She would certainly enjoy a world full of undead, but in truth immortal creations of magic are lax in their worship, ye can take my word on this."

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

(( if you are lawful evil doesn't that mean you have a god to which to be lawful *scratches head in confusion* ))

Suru tried very hard to sort out what this strange man was saying.
" Then we must get to Zyzzat swiftly, this very night befor he has time to conjour his intentions. "
She tired hard to cut to the chass before the man stared out on one of his long winded disscions, that Een discribed could lead to potental hangings.
" What we need is a well planed out strategy. I think we have dealt with the saftey of Drada, Neriah we can have Rayunna come for Alasse and Dante, I can asure you they will be safe. Or perhaphs Verakes mother could be call upon to take them to safety if that would give you the desired comfort you. I am sure your talents would be a great value on this our tast, it seems thing are much more dire than we had persieved." Suru took a deep breath.
" I think this is the general idea of what this old man is trying to tell us "