The Dark Moon - Luskan Manor

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Re: The Dark Moon - Luskan Manor

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Een Jael hopped off the table, and crossed his arms, "Spying on his home won't work. If you think back Adian and Cinder, Zyzaat was rather fond of a spell that created his own small plane, where he lived. I only remember his old entrance, from which I escaped. The chances that he changed it are rather large... but it is the only way I know of to get into his tower." He paused for a second. "The problem is the entrance is inside a cave on the Luskan coast... a few dozen feet under the water."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"He still plays with dimensional spaces?" Adian said. "You'd think he'd have learned after Neverwinter. And underwater shouldn't be a problem." He grinned at Veraka and Cinder. "We do have a little experience in that particular medium."
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" Perhaphs i can take my otter form and turn you into one as well, that would get us in with out any difficulty " she suggested to Adain.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"And how will the rest of us get into that cave? Or do you plan to turn us all into otters? Also keep in mind, that the water temperature at that depth will be certainly uncomfortable to say the least..." Een Jael tapped his foot impatiently, thinking of a way around this problem that Zyzaat presented the group with, "I think the simplest way would be for Suru to make the trip, in otter form, and then she can forge a gate for us, between that cave and this mansion."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[quote="NathreeDe'Shezbron":3btzyv6r]"And how will the rest of us get into that cave? Or do you plan to turn us all into otters? Also keep in mind, that the water temperature at that depth will be certainly uncomfortable to say the least..." Een Jael tapped his foot impatiently, thinking of a way around this problem that Zyzaat presented the group with, "I think the simplest way would be for Suru to make the trip, in otter form, and then she can forge a gate for us, between that cave and this mansion."[/quote:3btzyv6r]

[color=purple:3btzyv6r]"I am pretty much impervious to teperatures..... I can go along as well and help with the gate if you like."[/color:3btzyv6r]
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" I am confidant that the children will be safe here, the guard here are very competent at what they do and the place has a few hidden surprises. I can summon some extra reinforcement just to be safe. " she assured the parents of the children.
" I can certainly do as you suggest Een Jael and i would be happy to have you join me Bryzyne "Suru said just as Dahlia entered the garden and announced that dinner was being served in the main hall.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[color=red:3sfhh4p9]"Dinner? Oh, perfect then."[/color:3sfhh4p9] is all the huge 6"9 halfdragon says as he heads for the food.

[color=purple:3sfhh4p9]'Thank you but I don't eat. I will stay here and meditate.[/color:3sfhh4p9]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Neriah glanced up at Suru, then to Cinder, her slitted crimson hued eyes gazing at both grandmother and granddaughter; "In all honesty, Lady Suru, Cinderanna, I would feel much more at ease if my twins were behind a fortified stone wall, in the Thunder Peaks, with a fully armored battalion of soldiers and a gold dragon to protect them. This latest incident with the Red Wizards abducting Dante and Alasse has not done anything to ease my fears for their safety."

Veraka snorted at his wife's last sentence; "Red Wizards," he spat, "I still say we march the full strength of the [i:3c3q6t9t]Tempest Vanguards[/i:3c3q6t9t] right up to their border and wipe them out, the lot of them." An armored fist balled in frustration, grinding against itself as the huge paladin vented his frustration at it.

"Yes dear, let us take the might of the [i:3c3q6t9t]Vanguards[/i:3c3q6t9t] to bear against the entire nation of Thay; I doubt that you'd last a fortnight against the magics of the Red Wizards; EVEN if the majority of the [i:3c3q6t9t]Vanguards[/i:3c3q6t9t] are paladins." Neriah retorted to her husband, her tone flaring at Veraka's ridiculous idea. "You'd need an [b:3c3q6t9t]army[/b:3c3q6t9t], dear, not a battalion."

"I still say that those bastards need to die," Veraka growled back.

Neriah returned her attention to Suru and Cinder; "besides, you see how my husband is behaving, and with his temperament, I'll need to be there; another reason why I'm somewhat reluctant to leave the twins here." The fey'ri raised a hand to indicate Veraka as during mid-sentence.
"Besides, if you are going to be accompanying the group, Lady Suru, I find myself even more questioning the security of this area."

Veraka then spoke, but to Een Jael; "freezing temperatures do not concern me, it is the breathing-underwater part that does; also, if you escaped, Een Jael, why are you so adamant about getting back into the place you fought to get out of. I find myself questioning you more than Zyzaat at the moment." The paladin locked gazes with Jael, his silver eyes questioning, wondering, and his stance clearing saying that he wanted the truth, not a lie or half truth.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" I tend to be a bit hesitent as well grandmother if you will not be here grandmother " she agreed with Neriah.
" Cinder if you recall you spent some time here under the protection of the staff as a child, of coarse it is your chose i can only offer the protection for them that i have available, it is your decision to make. Suru replied
Cinder looked at Adian " I am not sure about this, the child may have some very powerful individuals involved in this sceem looking for her. I am torn here as to were i am needed most. " she said looking to him for help to decide.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian had to think about that.

"We would need you," Adian said. "But the children here would need you more. If the enemy made a move while we struck at the tower I'd want someone who could defend them, or escape with them if need be, to be right here with them."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Een Jael turned his head to regard Veraka, "I am here because this friend of yours needs to be stopped, and that book retrieved and given to Zyeke. If I am fortunate enough to send that bastard into a long ago deserved after-life, then this adventure will be all the more worth my time. If all goes well, we will be able to get into Zyzaat's tower, get the tome, and be back here well under an hour. And besides, who would ever think of looking for your children here, as I assume you two did not plan on making a stop to this house. I reckon they will be relatively safe here."

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" I can offer you this Een Jael i have a cousin Rayunna who's healing abilities matching my own. Grandmother is able to summon her quite easily. But this child has chosen my self and Adian to care for and protect her this needs to take priority. Protecting her is to protect the book from getting into the wrong hands. Surely you see the importants in this. " Cinder inquired of Een.

Lady Suru opened her mind reaching out for Rayunna once more http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/telepathicBond.htm
Rayunna appeared in a swirl of blue lights by her side was a dire wolverine http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/teleport.htm

" Good afternoon my lady Suru and is this the little girl that is in need of our protection " she said reaching out for Drada's hand.
" This is our cousin Drada, she is to be respected and obeyed " Cinder explained firmly to the young girl.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The little girl, Drada, gingerly walked to stand by the new arrival, "Mommy are you going somewhere? Can I come with you, PLEEASSSEEEE? I'll be really good, I promise."
Een Jael's shoulders rose and fell, as if the bandaged man sighed heavily, but offered no protest as he walked out the door and into the hall where the food was set up, and sat down at the table, although he made no move to reach toward the food.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"We are not going on a walk for pleasure, Drada," Adian said...forcing himself to stand up to the pleas of the little girl. That was his problem with the twins as well...standing firm when they focused those big pleading eyes on him... "There will be great danger that you should not be place in."
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Suru stood inviting everyone to dinner as she to went to the great hall.
The long table had plates of grilled fish down the center. As the guests arrived and sat at the table white wine was poured into tall long stemmed glasses decorated with florals engraving in a elven style. Hardy green salades and steamed carrots and fried mushrooms covered in rich butter were placed along side the plates of fish.
Suru reached for her wine glass and raised it when the were all sitting. " Please enjoy your meal and may the gods be thanked for our good fortune" she said.
The young girl asked Cinder if she could sit with the twins who's company she was taking such delight.
Go ahead if Neriah does not mind, but mind your manners at your grandmothers table.
" Please be careful Adain" Cinder sighed. " Zyzzat may not be concerned about who he hurts as we are for him. Who knows what someone else in his body may be capable of, i shutter to think " she could not help but worry about Adain when he went off with out her, once again they would be separated and he would be facing great dangers, she wondered if she would ever get use to it, though she knew she must.