The Dark Moon - Luskan Manor

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Re: The Dark Moon - Luskan Manor

Post by CinderSuru »

" I will take it " Cinder said reaching for it hoping it would help he to detect where he was.

Suru found a mirror on the far wall, she waved her hand over it as she peered into it humming a greater scury spell and reached out for Zyzzat.
" Can you hear my Zyzzat " faintly she could feel his presants and the struggle within him.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Both Thoron and Bryzyne pass through the door. [color=purple:1ho9zkux]"What will you have us do now? Thoron is definitely here for muscle but I can cast many different spells. simple or quite powerful, if need be."[/color:1ho9zkux]
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

For what seemed like a long time, though it in fact was less than a few seconds, the mirror stayed dark, reflecting the light of the crystal orb in Adian's hand. Suddenly, the reflected light was snuffed out. Shadows, much like the ones in the hall where the companions stood, but much deeper and more sinister swam across the surface of the glass. Slowly, a skeletal face with frayed white hair penetrated the shadows like a veil, and stared directly at Suru, "Scrying on me? IN MY OWN HOME? Child, you are arrogant!" The skull and the shadows moved closer, closer to the surface... and passed through the glass. The light from the crystal dimmed slightly as stronger, more vile energies entered the room, and Suru found herself standing at its very edge.
With a horrid cracking sound, from the skull grew a spine and ribs, and soon a skeleton stood, just beyond the edges of the light. The shadows in the room flowed to it, swirling around it and settled to become a midnight black robe, "Well well, my old friends... How did you get in? The wards the wizard put up were strong on their own, and I made sure to add to them." The skeletal hands rose, and fingers danced through a set of arcane movements. Slowly muscles ad flesh grew around the bones of the skeletal mage, and skin stretched across pockmarked and scarred, however it wasn't the dark skin of a drow, but rather the pale white of a human who had not seen much sun. The hair turned a sleek black, and the man lowered his arms.
"Well then, I suppose this will be the part where you try to appeal to the trapped soul of your friend, in an attempt to get him to fight back against me?" The man sat down at the table, and waved his hand "I'll let you get on with it, just to deal with the formalities." He clapped his hands, and his form changed again, white skin turning a dark hue, black hair turning white, and ears growing more pointed. Their old friend Zyzaat sat in front of them, looking just like he did when he was alive. Even the voice was changed "Here, allow me to make it easier for you. This way we can enjoy a nice long battle without being interrupted by worthless begging and pleading. Oh how I do hate that..."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

[i:25nhqnr2]Cinder stop! You'll just be sending up a...flare...[/i:25nhqnr2]

Too late. The entire plan was completely scuttled in those few moments. Instead of dealing with his minions they were facing the lich himself at his full power. A complete disaster.

Adian glared at the lich possessing their old friend. A moment later he lashed out at him with his holy sword, the great glade swinging straight for the face.

"I'm quite sure that he'd understand, monster," Adian said. "So we can skip all that inconvienence you despise so much. LIGHT TAKE YOU!"

[i:25nhqnr2]Holy Smite[/i:25nhqnr2], the paladin's greatest weapon in the battle against evil in the word and the worlds beyond. He had to rely on the pwoers of his armor and his faith in the Lady to protect him from the lich's counterattack. Fortunately the weapon also dispelled magic on contact...and that would certainly include his magical defenses. Adian knew he had to hit hard and fast, bring his incredibly dangerous, possessed friend down as quickly as possible.

Yes. He was sure Zyzaat would understand.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

A flash of silver... what was it? Talking... but not knowing what was said. It was all a rather strange feeling to a person who lived exclusively by his wit and self control. Maybe this is what insanity was like?
The fake Zyzaat was obviously unprepared, and Adian's blade bit deep into his side, almost severing the arm that was instinctively raised to protect himself and throwing the mage to the floor. The force of Adian's strike, combined with the fact that his sword seemed to have ripped right through most of the hastily wards. However it seems they did their duty, the damage, while severe, was not fatal. Zyzaat pulled himself off the floor, "I really was trying to be civil... but it seems that was lost on you. Very well, if that is how you wish to play it..." He raised a hand, and called out a single forceful word, and Adian felt a force pushing on his chest, as if a giant had punched him.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian's own magical protections saves his ribs from being caved in but he still staggered back as though he'd been hit with a hammer. He fought to breathe, his reflexes keeping him standing and his sword between himself and the creature.

"Veraka, on the left!" Adian managed to shout. "Bryzene take him from the right! Thoron, find some way to immobilize him!"

He had to act fast. He'd caught him by surprise but that wouldn't last long. They had to hit him while they had the upper hand however briefly.

Hopefully they could find a way to hold him so Adian could do what he'd hoped to have a chance at: An [i:1nzdy7a9]Exorcism.[/i:1nzdy7a9]
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

With a primal roar of rage, the lich raised his fist, and charged straight at Veraka... and melted into a plume of sand that flowed around the astonished mountain of flesh and armor. It continued, flying up high above the heads of the assembled party, and in its heart Zyzaat formed once more. He stood on empty air, and chanted... he was chanting a prayer! One hand raised above his head, it was certainly a prayer. To any who had spent a lot of time with priests the prayer was one to call down a flaming rock down from the heavens (cometfall) , but Zyzaat- or rather whoever was possessing him- didn't invoke the name of any diety, and yet as he swept his hand down sure enough, the magic took hold, and the group found a comet hurtling at them. The lich cackled evilly, as the wound Adian inflicted on him was even now healing before their eyes. The unholy energy that was permeating the room, possibly even the entire complex, was healing the undead thing.

Zyeke
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[color=purple:3rd2caas]"Not today, foul beast, Everyone back, back from the fiend!"[/color:3rd2caas] Bryzyne says with determination. Clasping her symbol she calls upon the favor of the Maiden and begins glowing a hot red and then a globe comes into shape right in front of Zzyyatt[sp]. It soon explodes in a hot blinding radiance!

Bryzyne has cast one of her Domain spells..... [url=http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/sunburst.htm:3rd2caas]Sunburst[/url:3rd2caas].
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder quickly conjured a >Heal< upon Adain to stablize him she stood behind him casting a >Holy Aura< protecting him as well as herself.

Suru reponds to the flaming bolder was swift, she spoke loadly the >disintergration spell < and from her finger a green ray flashed from her finger tip directed at the bolder it vanished as soon as the ray hit.
Last edited by CinderSuru on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian recovered immediately thanks to the timely heal. He charged Zyzaat, his sword coming in at a wide arc with enough power behind it to pretty much devastate anything it hit.

[i:fdauvi2n]Zyzaat, if you're going to throw this guy off, you'd better do it soon![/i:fdauvi2n]
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Thoron waits for everyone to attack spellwise before using his Abundant Step ability to appear behind the ArchLich. Then he will Flurry of Blows ZZyyaatt[sp], but not attempt to stun him as he thinks he can not stun an undead.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka and Neriah had no qualms stepping through the portal with Adain, and the others, Veraka casting both [i:185nh05a]Blessing of Bahamut[/i:185nh05a] and [i:185nh05a]Armor of Bahamut[/i:185nh05a] upon himself, whilst Neriah put up a [i:185nh05a]Spell Resistance[/i:185nh05a] ward over herself. It the was the others side that Neriah let out a his of a curse and Veraka grumbled something about the stench of the air.

Marala Vharc came out of its sheath in Veraka's hand, while Neriah readied her own spells and components.

Zyzaat then stepped out, said his oh-so swaying words, and gave his maniacal laugh. It was when Adian charged the lich and sent flying backwards that Veraka gritted his teeth.
"So, you want to play it rough, alright; I'LL GIVE YOU ROUGH!!" The aasimar bellowed before charging the lich from his right flank, while Neriah calmly waited for a crucial moment to unleash her spells.

Before Veraka got to the lich, he saw Thoron seemingly get behind Zyzaat, and hammer him with blow after blow, as well as Adian coming up the front, his sword leading. Veraka timed his strides so both he and Adian would strike within seconds of each other. When he arrived at his target, Veraka swung in a criss-crossa attack, hard, Marala Vharc crackling with lighting up and down it's edges.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Laughing at their efforts, whoever was possessing Zyzaat raised the lich's arms, another deadly spell was on its way... then suddenly he hesitated- for the tiniest fraction of a second- yet it was all it took. Brynzyne's spell blew up in his face, the holy energies striking to the very core of the undead creature, a much more effective attack than even Veraka's blow, that knocked the floating lich to the ground. His wards were crumbling around him under the combined force of the group's attacks. The flurry of blows that Thoron rained down on the lich sent him staggering back, flecks of bone falling from his face and ribs. Yet for all the damage Veraka, Adian, and Thoron did they paid a price. The same unholy mist that healed the undead creature sapped the strength from their limbs, and sucked the life from them the longer they stood outside of the area illuminated by the crystal orb that Nathree provided.

As Zyzaat retreated, once again, his wounds were healing, and his stride became surer... as he was heading for the mirror! The lich meant to escape and recuperate... and who knew what other surprises he could cook up in this tower of his? As he neared the portal, Zyzaat called out a single word, and swept his arm out in a grand arc, and suddenly a wall of searing white-hot flames burst up between him and the party.

Zyeke
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Bryzyne observes it all and brings into being her next spell, centering it on Zyzaat, casting [url=http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/antima ... m:2jxadj53]Anti Magic Shell[/url:2jxadj53]
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Cinder! Block him!"

Adian leaped forward, his sword leading the way straight at the wall of flames. His prayers to counter the mage's spell already on his lips as he trusted to his friends to clear the obstacle from his path...and if that failed then his sword stood at least an even chance of protecting him.

It was still going to hurt...but that would be a small price to pay. All Adian had to do was touch the lich with his left hand....