The Dark Moon - Luskan Manor

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Re: The Dark Moon - Luskan Manor

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zyzaat put a finger up to his lips and shushed Adian, "Shhh... you're not real. Don't talk to me, I am trying to think here." He covered his ears, and continued mumbling to himself. It seemed as though Zyzaat was unable to distinguish between reality and the time when he was trapped.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Zyzaat..." Adian said, not at all sure how to handle something like this. Speaking through the fog of madness was not part of his skill set. "It's me, Adian. I'm real. You're free from the prison...we need to know where the book is. We need to know where it went. Do you understand?"
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Suru sat in disturbed in the chair drinking her wine calmly.

Cinder looked around the room and spotted a book shelf " grandmother " she said looking at her a bit disapointed " you know what the book looks like there is a book shelf over there she pointed out " maybe you could find it "

Suru left her wine and went to investigate tapping each book as she passed " ah here we are " she said pulling out a raggedy old book with a human skull on it's cover. I will take this to Evermeet to the Child Guardian. " Don't worry you two he will be alright " she said in a swirl of blue light and disapeared.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian's head snapped up when he heard Suru had found it. Just as she disappeared he saw something that made his heart almost stop.

"CINDER!" he shouted as he got to his feet. "STOP HER!"

The odd yellow dust on the cover...it had been sulphur. The book was trapped with an explosive rune!
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder heard Adian's thoughts as if they were her own, she had a few unsavory words to say in refrance to Zyzzat and his tricks under her breath and disappeared after Suru.

Her appeared in her studie in her mountain manor on Evermeet were she knew she would find her. " Suru the book has a some kind of explosive attached to it of some kind, Adain refured to sulfer dust of some kind " She said immediately sending it to the top of a near by icy mountain top were no one or nothing could posibly be harmed.

" But can it be deactivated " Suru asked surprised by Cinders sudden arrivel.
" I don't know " Cinder said. " I will return to Adain perhaphs he knows " I will let you know throw our link " and Cinder disappeared arriving back with Adain in moments.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyzaat's head snapped up, "Explosive runes? In my library? Oh, I think not. You must be mistaken..." He walked over to Cinder and took the book from her hands, he traced an intricate looking pattern on the cover and tossed it back to her, giggling, "Ok, all better." It was just then he noticed his reflection in the mirror that hung on the wall, the one he used for scrying. He paused in front of it, and looked carefully at his face, even touching it in disbelief. He whirled around confusion on his face, "What happened? I should be undead... not this monstrosity."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

The rapid switchbacking of minds was quite disorienting. He was not a natrual telepath. Adian knew nothing about how to disarm an explosive rune, that was a wizard's job...

And then Zyzaat had the book again. Which made him wonder at the point.

"Thanks, Cinder," he said, knowing she meant well.

"Zyzaat...do you remember being possessed?" he asked. "We were forced to destroy your body to stop him. And right now he's gotten away with a Book of the Undead Apocalypse."

He knew he wasn't making much sense...but going over everything that had happened would take an hour or more.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((I would like to remind you all that no more than a day has passed since Zyzaat stole the book, just in case))

"Of course I remember... I'll never forget, my own mind being used to discover things I did not. It's infuriating, for an intellectual such as myself." He looked once more at the mirror, "But this... I don't remember anything about this." The ex-drow wizard, "I assume one of you did something... Probably Veraka and his infuriatingly righteous mother once again." He scratched his head, and sighed dejectedly, "As for the book... it no longer matters. .You were a week too late."

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder looked at the book in her hand indiffrently and placed it on the book shelf.
" We are happy to have you back with us Zyzzat " she said taking his hand she squezzed it affectionatly.
" What can we do to help free you from this evil, our abilities seem to be limited here. Maybe we can go someplace were we can use them to help you. "
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyzaat shook his head, "I think I am free... maybe. It is really hard to escape from one's own illusion." He chuckled a little, and gave Cinder's hand a slight squeeze. Suddenly from within her pack a bright light began to glow. When she opened her bag the mask that Een Jael once wore was the source of that light. Before she could react Zyzaat had already reached past her and held the mask in his hand. He looked at it as if in a trance, and the light was dimming more with each passing moment until it had returned to its normal metallic shine. The wizard put it to his face... and the metal molded to fit over his features, growing larger and wider. He took a deep breath and for several moments his breathing was shallow and quick, but he quickly recovered,and stood straight once more, exuding an aura of confidence that he had not before. Zyzaat walked over to the pile of bone dust that was all that remained of his old body, and pulled out the robe he wore. With a distasteful huff he shook the cloth to remove the dust on it, and put the robe on, pulling up the hood. The mask did not fall off, and the wizard's features were hidden much like Een Jael's underneath it.

He cleared his throat, "So then... seems you all have had quite a journey. Mostly my fault, and I am truly sorry for it."

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" You are not at falt Zyzzat you had a few moment of weakness, who ever it was that posessed you is our culpret " Suru said looking around. " You mentioned he would be back.
" I am curious as to why you are now wearing the mask " she asked.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyzaat shrugged, for he wasn't completely sure, "When you have apent the last few years within an illusion, you lose quite lot of your reasoning, and when some one comes along that can perfectly explain a process that younhave tried to perfect for a two years you tend to listen to him." He lightly touched the mask, and it transformed, allowing one of the eyes to see, while still retaining its polished sheen, "From what i understood, Een Jael was the mask, not the body. And it was the mask that had the memories that make up Een Jael."

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Suru brow jutted up her mind reeling, giving Zyzzat a blank look, slightly puzzled. " So you are telling me that you are wearing Een Jael on your face." More questions came poring into her mind but she desided to let it drop, for now.
" I you are nothing if you are not intriguing Zyzzat " Suru sipped her wine contemplative.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Don't be silly, I am saying that Een Jael was not a real person, rather a collection of my memories. It seems that I had anticipated something like this, and this turned out to be my best escape scenario. Obviously if the one who possessed me knew about this plan, it would fail, so I made this mask to hold those memories... or at least it all sounds like something I would do." He laughed and flexed the fingers on one hand, "Incredible... quite a success, if only for the short term."

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" An interesting scheme and well yes you are here for the time being. So what can we do to try and keep you here not to mention what our next plan of action concerning the currant problem might be ? " she replied.
Suru's goblet disappeared as she waved her hand, she ross from the chair and looked over some of the dusty books on the tall shelf.