The Dark Moon - Luskan Manor

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Re: The Dark Moon - Luskan Manor

Post by CinderSuru »

Suru watched the high elf with amusement, Sanor was very curious about this amusing elf and could not keep his eyes off him all his senses were alert.
She knew Zyzaat's mentor was powerful, Zyzaat frighten though, that was something she was not accustom to seeing in her friend. She reached out and put a gentle hand on his shoulder.

Cinder watched at the door way of the mage's workshop, Adain was cleaning and sharpening his weapons carefully. He had been so distant since his last campaign, he was always disturbed by the loss of comrades but some how it was deeper this time all she could do was try to be understanding.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

The old man scoffed, "Ah, if I was to do so, ye would certainly break something inside... If the boy came alone, kill him. If he's got friends... tell him to piss off, the fool got hisself soul-captured. He's no apprentice of mine any more. I told the lad a million times undeath..." The rest was lost in mumbling as the old man picked himself up off the floor and walked back to his table.

The drow smiled a little at Suru's reassuring hand on his shoulder, but it did little to calm his emotions, fingers clenching in his palms hard enough that his nails broke his skin, small drops of blood starting to snake down his fingers, "Perhaps it would be best if I went there alone... he will probably rub my face in my error for a loonngg time..."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Taken aback by the old wizard's grumpier than usual response, Arlahn fires back to him, [i:2nhg1gc2]"I have my ways around such barriers, wizard. Do not mistake courtesy for clumsiness."[/i:2nhg1gc2]Then the elf glances aside to Zyzaat, knitting brows, "I'm almost afraid to ask, what manner quarrel you two have with each other. However, it seems your visit is not welcome. Though, I suppose I'm hardly surprised. My most cordial encounters with him seem to be limited to the rare occasion either of us actually need lift a finger to protect the village from attack."

It still disturbs Arlahn, this order to 'kill' the former pupil, whom seems terrified from apprehension alone, and still willing to try and see his old master. Putting these things from his mind though, Arlahn turns his mind to the people around him, "But come, your clothes tell a tale of long journeys, and for so much traveling, you must be hungry. You may take rest in my hut, and all I might ask in return, is to hear of your travels, and what brings you here." Offer of hospitality made, he begins leading toward his hut now, that one upon the outskirts of the village, near the foot of the nearby mountain. En route, he has not been unaware of Sanor's curious attention, and glances aside to him once, with a friendly grin, brilliant green eyes flashing as polished emeralds as the light strikes them just right, "Never seen a high elf before?"
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Sarnor's young eyes gleemed with excitement when the High elf spoke to him but he managed to pull himself together to reply with a polite smile " No sir, I have not met a high elf as yet and i am already 4 years old." he replied. " My father tells me stories of his adventures in service if the Dark maid and has mentioned a high Elf once or twice. " Sornor scratched his head trying to remember the name of the high Elf his father once told him of.
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

"The Dark Maid?" An odd question for an elf, perhaps, but then he certainly does seem to be a powerful mage, though is more accurately a reasonably powerful psion, and in either case, there are many among either discipline that have little time for gods and worship. Still, his confusion would seem genuine, "Is this a new upstart Matron among the Drow?"

It's not a long journey, to this elf's hut, or at least it does not seem so, as the breezy wind, once beyond the outskirts of the village, seems to be instantly at everyone's back, a curious change, that seems to come about without anyone uttering a single word of magical incantation.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"The Dark Maid," came a powerful, female voice from the air around the three; the voice was strong, and willful; however, if Suru and Zyzaat listened carefully, they would find that they recognized the owner of the voice with perfect clarity. Two seconds later, a dark form flipped out of the sky, opening shadowy wings, and landing just out of eye-site in front of the three.
"As in a reference to the Dark Maiden, Eilistraee. herself." A female fey'ri stepped into the light for the three to see, her honey amber hair and rust-red skin a sharp contrast to the pitch-black armor that enveloped her, as well as her closed wings, which concealed everything from her neck down to just past her knees.

"Just as well, that a high elf wouldn't recognize the Goddess herself when her name was spoken," came an even stronger, more bass masculine tone from behind the fey'ri woman. Where the bat-winged fey'ri stood easily 5'10", a behemoth of man came lumbering out of the darkness, leading an armored, night-black warcharger behind him with his right hand. What light there was to be had refracted off of his dragon scale armor, which looked to be platinum in color. He stood a solid 9 inches above the fey'ri, every inch of him armored. The giant was not without his armaments; an ornate looking bastard sword hung at his hip, with a huge, intimidating greatsword slung across his back. On his left vambracer was a solid looking shield, which looked equally as menacing, serrated edges protruded from it's surface like jagged rocks dotting a coastline.

The huge man turned to the drow mage first, saying "Zyzaat," nodding in his direction, and then, in turn, "Lady Suru," glancing in the direction of the moon elf female. "What exactly have we missesd?"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

A brow is arched, curious gaze is turned, sharp green eyes of Arlahn show no signs of being offended, but rather amused, "My my, but this peaceful little village is attracting a lot of attention. Are there anymore of you coming?" So nonchalant, and casual about this, but realizing that the stealthy woman is not quite pure elf, and part demon, he dismisses the question with, "Right. Nevermind that then." To his own hut he turns and opens the door, "We should all go inside, I think, to discuss such matters, before any of us make wrong impressions on the locals, please, come in." The moment the well-lit single room dwelling is exposed to the light of day, something not too clearly seen skitters away into hiding. Quite a few of them in fact, hiding under chairs, bed, and anyplace else they can hide. What might be caught, however briefly, is they are small, appear as emeralds, and almost spider-like, "Oh and mind your step, these Crysmal are peaceful enough, long as one doesn't step on them."

[img:3qw3m78t]http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/psi_g ... Psi_34.jpg[/img:3qw3m78t] (Like this. They're a Small Earth Elemental that understand the 'Terran' language common to Earth Elementals, but do not speak.)
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

((Sorry, its been a busy week, midterms are done and I have 3 major demos to prepare for. I haven't forgotten bout this ^.^))
Zyzaat looked at the strange little spider-crystals. He had never seen something like them before, but he had bigger things to worry about. As the rest of the group filed into the house, the drow waved to their host, wishing to speak with him in private. He walked carefully through the mess of crysmals, wondering how a person could live with these things.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

How to live with such things all around, mystery enough, but the better question is where they came from, and why they are not spotted outdoors, however such questions may or may not come to mind, Arlahn arching his brow, but accommodating the requested privacy, not that there's many rooms within the hut to have it in, nor with walls that could offer it without lowered voices. Keeping his own low, the high elf asks, "Something troubling you? If it's your master's lack of hospitality, don't take it too personally, the fact that he likes your company even less than mine, I would take as a compliment." He adds a smile to this, trying to lighten the mood first, then continues, "Something about me troubles you, your mind has been whirling since we met, though I've been and will remain polite enough to not try reading your thoughts. No doubt you have questions?"
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

The young drow sat on his gandmothers knee watching the shining green little creatures. He was completely bemused, his hand went to the hilt of his dagger just in case they might get out of hand.

The hut was comfortable enough Suru thought as she rapped her arms around Sarnor, she eyed the green creatures suppiciously. " They rather look like living jewlery, one might find in the underdark " she said. Her white left brow rised at the thought of living jewlery wile her eyes still peering questionabely. " They are quite beautiful as far as spiders might be measured " she added.