[Campaign] A Story of Revenge: Questions and Answers.

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Re: [Campaign] A Story of Revenge: Questions and Answers.

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

the disk made it way back, the elven woman catching it rougher than she preferred. hooked on her belt again she tried to think of a plan.
not sure if this was the best course, she sent a small hope to the Moon Maiden's before speaking, "[color=#00BF00:2miq06us]why are you trying to kill him[/color:2miq06us]?" Ariali called back to the wizard her grasp of the common tongue less clear and elvish voice exotic accented of someone not from here. she then quickly cast a longstrider spell on herself, spotting the next place to run to.
the lythari had to hope that maybe he would speak long enough to allow her to get there.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Hand was ending last gesture and prepared ingredient, quickly pointing index finger at the stone behind which was to be found charred body. Suddenly, there was a voice not belonging to his bounty.
"What trickery is this?" Confused frown appeared on his hairy groomed mug. Spellcasting stopped, mercenary not sure how it is possible. Seconds later, composure was regained, smirk following new preparations.
"Whoever you are, you made mistake interfering into my job. No witnesses."
Magic was formed and pointed finger aimed on ground just to the left of obstacle. Small bead was thrown there, quickly turning into fire bomb and combusting with familiar explosion. [Fireball]
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

When he didnt answer directly (simple logic that he didnt justify himself or proclaim the halfling evil), she sensed a bad feeling. She returned to her wolf form and then with the spell already in effect sprinted away to the spot she already picked out. the fire hit just behind her, the heat felt, the snow around it melted as she managed behind the larger boulder. behind it the ground dipped into a medium depressions that neared the edge of a larger drop off. golden eyes scanned quickly for where to go next.
"[color=#40BF00:ohgrpne5][i:ohgrpne5]right now some intervention might be helpfu[/i:ohgrpne5]l[/color:ohgrpne5]," she wished to herself.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

From under snowflake covered eyebrows, scrutinising gaze watched, waiting for his enemy to show himself. It was surprising for him to see blur of familiar black thing swiftly moving to another rock. Wondering about few possible explanations, in his logical mind next action was chosen in favor of most troublesome scenario. Passes became more complicated, bearing much greater power to their bidding. Air cracked with energy and ominous glow appeared in front of mage. Syllables of arcane formula were given life and unleashed in one point to take form of some unspoken creature. It's appearance could not be described clear before it did not seem to change on it's own volition. When spell ended, right at the designed space there was standing massive specie of canine unlike any prowling this world. It's night-black fur was reeking of sulphur and corruption, red glowing eyes looking for something to unleash fury of it's rotten heart. Unearthly howl was issued as abyssal wolf came to serve his master. [Summon Monster II]
"Fetch! Kill this nuisance and it's handler!"
This beast did not need to be ordered twice, sniffing life and going after it's prey with determination beyond simple hunger.

"[color=#FF8040:afxli9s2]Just my luck for being such man. Even if it is just dumb animal that likes taste of flying geezers, I cannot walk away.[/color:afxli9s2]"
Pouting on his way, diminutive man used his efforts to climb back onto cliffs from which it was much easier to go down. Grunting with each won inch, he shivered at the animalistic wail. Hesitating, he looked down and instead of returning, continued ascent with shake of his head.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Ariali sighed, knowing the mage brung some 'friends'. the lythari tried to remain optimistic. spotting a good enough path, wolf paws stepped down to make the descent. there would be much time she knew, but the head start would only be hers for so long.
in her descent, she spotted the halfling a bit away another yip for 'go' then she continued down hoping he got the message enough. a wolf running is a good sign to get moving too, right?
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"[color=#FF8000:22i379e6]Huh, why does this happen to... Eh?[/color:22i379e6]"
Grunts of hin ended when with short yelp black lighting of canine ran around him, down the slopes. It was too fast for him to think how strange it was when ears caught sound of approaching roar. Looking back, his face lost color to nearly blend into snowy terrain. Releasing grip on cliff, his hand gave gentle push, allowing small body to turn and propel in the air, legs already set on run for his life. Strong dash soon let terrified man to give amazing speed for short legged midget, not only to go far from drooling jaws, but catch up to lythari. Expression of horror could suggest that he does not mind presence of one wolf in face of pursue by another, more fiendish wolf.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

reaching the bottem and running, Ariali races up to the halfling, then shoves a nose under him to flip him on her back. it will be hard, but lythari's can carry weight for a short distance. She had to hope the halfling understood to grab on and stay, so she could reach the distant tree line.

((assuming he gets on and they get to the trees. if not, will edit. can carry up to like 100 lbs tho is considered strenous!))
she pushed herself more than ever before. But adrenoline was coursing thru her veins, and the hellish wolf was not too far behind. she neared the treeline, preparing herself to slam on her 'brakes' and get him off quickly (and softly onto underbrush vines for a softer landing). willing herself back into her elven form, hating to do so so openly, "[color=#408000:1469oea0]up the tree quick[/color:1469oea0]!" the tanned skinned burgandy haired (wild) elven woman called.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"[color=#FF8000:1mymt2dl]Wha- HEY! Let me go! Help![/color:1mymt2dl]"
Feeling his weight lifted and tossed in air, instincts made halfling flail his hands to grab onto something, everything to not be thrown back to the beast that ran after it. Fingers grabbed fur with strength added by panic that escalated when rider understood what served as his mount. Looking back, yelp came from his lips when it was apparent that slowly, but without stopping, animal prowling Outer Planes shortened distance, howling with blood chilling thirst.
Sudden run came to stop and again there was another flight, this time in tangled vines. Barely having time to wince at scratches, eyes opened widely as they beheld transformation of his ride into elf woman, shouting at him.
This call echoed in his consciousness, erupting into survival instinct. Amazing quickness was shown when this demihuman climbed closest high tree, reaching it's top in matter of seconds. His slender hands embraced trunk like sailor would hold mast during storm, trembling.
Sound of paws pounding on snow crust was closer, stench of sulfur assaulting nostrils when monster of Abyss came in sight, ready to attack.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

With her elven dextarity, the lythari was up the tree looking down as the hellish dog breeched the tree line. [color=#40BF00:183l472a]"this is not gunna end well[/color:183l472a]," she whispered to herself, "[color=#40BF00:183l472a]mother was right, I'd get into trouble I couldnt get out of[/color:183l472a]."
"[color=#40BF00:183l472a]are you alright?[/color:183l472a]" she called to the halfling who likewise scrambled up a tree. The elven woman looked around for what she could do next, esp if the wizard could see thru the dog's view, then they would be clear targets of a spell. the young (and pacifist) cleric did not have many spells that were useful or offensive.
Ariali looked back to the halfling, her amber eyes almost asking if he had any means for use right now, or ideas, as she prepared another spell (obscuring mist)
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Shaking like leaf on blowing wind, young traveler looked down at the elf woman, too close for comfort.
"[color=#FF8000:3m5hbja0]Uh, yes. Who are you? I mean, can I trust you on not eating me?[/color:3m5hbja0]"
Furious at escape of it's prey, fiendish wolf jumped on a tree in desperate attempt to get both humanoids. Not getting any luck, it started circling around the basement of tree, not removing it's stare until fog enveloped branches of tree.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

when the spell clouded the area, it gave them some time, but probably not long; her mind was desperate to think up something, anything. She almost didnt hear his question.
[color=#40BF00:1jqyhpkw]"oh,[/color:1jqyhpkw]" giving him a friendly smile, "[color=#40BF00:1jqyhpkw]Ariali of the Silver Shadow Clan,[/color:1jqyhpkw]" then with a small chuckle, "[color=#40BF00:1jqyhpkw]and no, I wouldnt eat you anymore than you would eat me...[/color:1jqyhpkw]" a pause for his name, her exotic accent distinguished and showing that the common tongue was not native language, [color=#40BF00:1jqyhpkw]"lythari prefer game meat, venison and rabbit,[/color:1jqyhpkw]" to keep him at ease despite the dire situation they were in.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Some kind of twitch could be noticed on deathly pale face.
"[color=#FF8000:2nef707x]But you did bit off arm of that elder, did not you?[/color:2nef707x]"
Looking around himself, this man looked around at the fog enveloping their position. Wind was weaker than on mountain rocks, but it was blowing nonetheless. After some time this magic veil will be swept away like lone cloud in the sky.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Her face grew saddened and ashamed at that, something she couldnt hide even if she wished. In truth, it had been an accident. And she regretted it, as much as throwing her chakram at the wizard. She did not look at the halfling, no eye contact as like before, "[color=#40BF00:3ba3j7og]I will get you out of this...somehow[/color:3ba3j7og]," she said rather softly.
an unspoken condition that he was not evil, something (the naive elf) had a hard time believing.
Ariali climbed up further in the tree, looking to judge if she could jump to another, testing the branches trying to calculate distance. she had little equipment beyond what she wore. So no ropes were available that she could tie to her chakram. Maybe they would knock the dog out? perhaps she could daze the dog and they make a run for it? the [url=http://dndtools.eu/spells/players-handb ... /:3ba3j7og]longstrider[/url:3ba3j7og]spell was still in effect after all and she could carry him some of the distance. but that wasnt looking very optimistic.

((idea so i have it- [url=http://dndtools.eu/spells/book-of-exalt ... /:3ba3j7og]Vision of heaven[/url:3ba3j7og] ))
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"[color=#FF8000:19i7hxka]Anyway... What's with wizard? Is he still out there?[/color:19i7hxka]" Shuddering, it seemed like hin was putting effort in not thinking about grave danger they were in while talking. Words came hardly, stammering.
"[color=#FF8000:19i7hxka]Silly me, going back there and thinking of helping. I should have thought better and kept it safe...[/color:19i7hxka]"
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"[color=#408000:23le3j1n]I dont know. I thought you needed help and, well...[/color:23le3j1n]" still trying to think of something, "[color=#408000:23le3j1n]Might you know some weakness of his? He is after you afterall[/color:23le3j1n]," then she sighed, "[color=#408000:23le3j1n]else, its gunna be a 'run for it' kinda situation[/color:23le3j1n]."