The Dark Moon RP v 1.1

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Adian Novar
Champion

Re: The Dark Moon RP v 1.1

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian hugged Cinder again, trying to reassure her.

"Well, if it was the sword then I don't think you should have it on you anymore," Adian said. "I realize that it might be a blood legacy, but if it's going to do...that to you then it's dangerous. To you, to me, to the twins, to Drada here."
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" At least until it can be cleansed " Cinder agreed firmly.
" I am confident that Oracles of the Moon can find what has taken possession of the blade " Cinder said turning to face Adain she wrapped her arms around him and rested her head on his shoulder. Cinder tried to fight the fear that over took her losing Adain at her own hand, she had to be sure that this spell was completely broken. She silently whispered a divination scry spell >> http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/scrying.htm << with a detect evil >> http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/detectEvil.htm << trying to find any traces upon her or Adian that was might have lingered. If there was it was very well hidden who ever cast this spell over her was very powerful and crafty this she could feel.
" I will never take possession of this blade until i am sure that it is know danger to anyone " she assured him. " it did seem to have a focus on harming you Adain. " she said thoughtfully " Any harm to you is harm to me and our children as well " Cinder ran the back of her hand with affection over his face and kissed him good night. " I don't know how I could ever care for our children with out you." She sighed.

Suru continued the mind blank spell >> http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/mindBlank.htm << throw out the night to protect the group.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

The masked man nodded, "It is a sound idea. Let us see what we can glean before joining up your other friends, scouting ahead of the main group may very well save us much trouble." Een Jael stood up and waved Bryzyne forward, up the branches of the tree that formed a staircase of sorts. "The tree will take us to the forests beside Luskan, so you can save your magic. The rest of the way we can walk to the city walls, they are not maintained very well, so I doubt we will have much trouble sneaking into the city proper." He followed the priestess up the stairs, and for several minutes, it seemed that nothing happened, but slowly a thin mist was forming around the two. The higher they climbed the thicker the mist became, and slowly Bryzyne could hear the sounds of wildlife and owls hooting. Just before the mist became too thick to see Een Jael, Bryzyne found herself stepping out from between the trees of a thick forest, and if the masked man had not grabber her arm, Bryzyne just might have stepped off the small cliff that was just a few steps from the place they appeared at. As the priestess looked around her surroundings she could see the large sea that spread out before her like a dark blanket, reflecting the stars of the sky. Just down below them Een Jael and Bryzyne could see the sails of the ships docked in the bay of Luskan. "Shall we go down?" Een Jael's asked her. The light of the morning sun was just appearing over the horizon.

Back at the camp of the main group, little Drada's sleep was not as peaceful as it had been earlier this night. She tossed and turned, occasionally pushing with her arms, as though trying to keep something scary away from her. Suddenly, the girl sat upright, her eyes rolled back into her head. For several seconds, she swayed slightly from side to side, and then she fell back to the ground, sleeping once more. Once again, she slept peacefully. As the sun began to rise, Drada woke up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Gingerly, the little drow girl crawled over to Cinder and poked her shoulder, "Momma, I had a bad dream."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder reached out to the girl and pulled her to her the little girl was snug between her and Adain.
" tells us about your dream Drada " Cinder said tenderly. " I hope it did not frighten you " she asked.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Drada smiled, enjoying Cinder's embrace, "Momma I was flying. It was so wonderful, the wind on my face, great wings on my back. I was flying over a big city, with lots of pretty ships. A lot of the houses were broken though, and it seemed that the people there were crying most of the time. I wanted to tell them about Momma and Papa, because I'm sure they would smile if they knew about you." The little drow girl looked confused, as if this part of her dream was fuzzy, "I tried to talk to them, but no one listened to me. Suddenly, I found myself in a dark dark room, and there was only one man standing there. His back was turned to me, but he was saying really strange words. I listened to him for a loooonngg time but he didn't say anything that made sense. Then he turned around, and his face was a skull, and one eye was blue, and the other red. I got really scared, and tried to run, but I kept getting closer and closer to him the more I ran. I was really scared, and kept calling for Momma, and then I woke up."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder listened to her little girl as she told her what she saw.
" Well my sweet girl the flying part sounds very beautiful and fun as well " Cinder kissed her check
" but it is not nice when people are sad is it " she continued looking at Adain she smiled but with a note of concerned as well.
She looked back at the little girl " I am glad you have told us this Drada it is very helpful for us. Some times when your dreams are clear, it is really a vision and it is the spirits that give them to us because they want to help us with some thing that may happen in the future. " Cinder tried to explain so she could understand.
" Do not worry Drada the man you seen was our friend, he needs our help and your vision can help us help him. You do not need to be frighten of him but you do need to stay away from him for now the safest place for you is with your family and friends here."
Last edited by CinderSuru on Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[quote="NathreeDe'Shezbron":1hjzta06]The masked man nodded, "It is a sound idea. Let us see what we can glean before joining up your other friends, scouting ahead of the main group may very well save us much trouble." Een Jael stood up and waved Bryzyne forward, up the branches of the tree that formed a staircase of sorts. "The tree will take us to the forests beside Luskan, so you can save your magic. The rest of the way we can walk to the city walls, they are not maintained very well, so I doubt we will have much trouble sneaking into the city proper." He followed the priestess up the stairs, and for several minutes, it seemed that nothing happened, but slowly a thin mist was forming around the two. The higher they climbed the thicker the mist became, and slowly Bryzyne could hear the sounds of wildlife and owls hooting. Just before the mist became too thick to see Een Jael, Bryzyne found herself stepping out from between the trees of a thick forest, and if the masked man had not grabber her arm, Bryzyne just might have stepped off the small cliff that was just a few steps from the place they appeared at. As the priestess looked around her surroundings she could see the large sea that spread out before her like a dark blanket, reflecting the stars of the sky. Just down below them Een Jael and Bryzyne could see the sails of the ships docked in the bay of Luskan. "Shall we go down?" Een Jael's asked her. The light of the morning sun was just appearing over the horizon.
[/quote:1hjzta06]

Bryzyne admires the view for a moment before turning to Een Jael. "Yes we can go down. Do you need help or can make it by yourself?"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Een Jael raised his hand, "I can outrun you, child. I might not be the weapons master any more, but that position is not easy to attain in House Hun'ana." He lightly jumped down from the ledge to a small outcropping lower down the cliff-face. Despite the distance, his voice still sounded right next to Bryzyne, "Did you set up a place to rendevouz with your friends?"

Drada looked around the camp at the gathered group of people, the look on her face as if she was thinking hard, "Momma, is that shiny one my friend too?" She pointed at Veraka, "Why is that man not here? Is he lost?"

Zyeke
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Bryzyne smiles. "Weapon Master. Hmmmm. Well we never did say where we would meet. I know we must be here before they are. I can send a message to Thoron so he cann come meet us. After hat we can meet up with the others as they must be on the way or close by."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((Yes, i said noon, even though it is dawn. He is blind, time is kinda hard for him.))

"Weell... if you insist on splitting hairs, I never officially ascended to the position. My half drow lineage most probably stood in the way of that ambition, the matron mother saw to the fact I never got that title. Although I was certainly my father's equal, so the title is mine. If you wish to try me, we still should have a couple hours before noon." His voice held no malice, maybe a little bit of a friendly challenge, "I suppose it might not be all that bad, learning the combat abilities of the other..."

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

The sun was over the horizon, it was a warm morning with a bit of a chill. Cinder started a fire and found something to put together breakfast. Her little daughter was not far behind her interested in ever thing Cinder was doing.

" Yes Drada, that man's name is Verake and he is our good friend as well " Cinder replied. " The other man in your vision was Zyzzat he is not with us at this time there is some one very bad trying to control him and he is not well, he ran away from us but we are hoping to find him so that we can help him by chasing away the bad mage that will not leave him. "
Cinder said hoping that she said explained in simple terms enough for drada to understand.

" Suru concentrated and linked with her niece who was accually not far at the time " Rayuna she called out I need you can you follow my link and teleport to were I am? " she asked.
Rayuna answered her aunt and appeared among hazy green lights as the lights dissipated a beautiful young moon elf stood with long white hair and blue skin. She wore a long white velvet dress that fell to her mid calf and was cut elegantly, dainty silver bracelets coiled up her forarms like vines with tiny green leaves engraved in an elven style. On her back she carried a bow and sheaf of arrows.
" Hello Lady Suru " she said " Adain and Cinderanna it is good to see you both how are your twins " she asked looking around at the other.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

The first city Adian thought of from Drada's description was Waterdeep. It would not surprise him: Waterdeep was a major center of both trade and religion. Many deities had major temples there, particularly anti-undead deities such as Torm, Lathander, and others. Unfortunately her description was so vague that it could easily be applied to any port city.

He shook his head. He had to concentrate on current events...and that involved finding Zyzzat's phylactery and protecting Drada. Not to mention the blasted book and the threat of the Moonblade--if there was one. He squeezed Cinder's hand as he regarded the little girl and stroked her hair.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

After breakfast Cinder packed things up to make ready for there journey to Luskan it was turning out to be a warm day she though relieved that the chill was now gone.

" Adain I would proffer that Suru ride with Drada until I am sure that this spell on me has been dealt with. So I will ride with you to Luskan if you do not mind " Cinder stated " could you put out the fire please " she asked. " i am going to take a bath in the river before we go " she said as she turned to go down to the river.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[quote="NathreeDe'Shezbron":2bss81sk]((Yes, i said noon, even though it is dawn. He is blind, time is kinda hard for him.))

"Weell... if you insist on splitting hairs, I never officially ascended to the position. My half drow lineage most probably stood in the way of that ambition, the matron mother saw to the fact I never got that title. Although I was certainly my father's equal, so the title is mine. If you wish to try me, we still should have a couple hours before noon." His voice held no malice, maybe a little bit of a friendly challenge, "I suppose it might not be all that bad, learning the combat abilities of the other..."[/quote:2bss81sk]

"Well I am not the most masterful with my Bastard Sword, Een Jael. I rely mostly on my divine magics. I have used it with magics but usually the battles I have fought, my foes were oppressors and evil, terrorizing innocent citizens. Thoron is the one who does the physical combating. If you are offering to instruct me on how to better use my weapon, I shall surely accept your kind offer. We do have a few hours to spend indeed. I shall, however, send a message to Thoron telling him to come meet us, Een."

Bryzyne closes her eyes and clasps her holy symbol, concentrates. She hums and then chants in the tongue of dragons. Removing A short piece of fine copper wire from a pouch on her belt, she now releases her holy symbol and begins moving her fingers in bizarre patterns. This goes on for near ten minutes. She utters the final words of the spell. Her mind reaches out to her friend Thoron. [i:2bss81sk]Thoron, I am with a friend outside of Luskan. Others will join me as well. Come join us here. We are near the cliffs.[/i:2bss81sk]

After a few moments a reply ensues. [i:2bss81sk]Bry! I am just on my out of the Inn and was coming to look for you. I shall be there shortly.[/i:2bss81sk]

The drowess turns to Een. "Thoron shall be here shortly. I only had one of such spells so we will have to look for the others over the day."

[color=red:2bss81sk] [url=http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/sending.htm:2bss81sk]Sending, 4th level cleric spell[/url:2bss81sk][/color:2bss81sk]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka let go of Cinder's arm as soon as he realized that she was back to herself, however, he kept very close and keen eye on her nonetheless. He looked around at Suru, and gave her a wary look, afraid that he couldn't offer any answers for her.

However, it was Neriah whom spoke up for her husband; "I believe that I could offer you both some answers about that sword, Lady Suru and Cinder."
The fey'ri strode calmly over to Cinder and Adian, looking very intently at Cinder, despite the fact that her bat-like wings were unfurled, and her arrowhead tail was twitching rapidly, a clear sign, to Veraka at least, that she was very agitated by her discovery and the news that she was about to share.

"To put this bluntly, you were charmed, though it was more of a mind-affecting spell than a charm. Only very powerful magics can do that to any of the[i:2y2pjfhg]Tel’Quessir[/i:2y2pjfhg] races, very [b:2y2pjfhg]old[/b:2y2pjfhg] magics, and ones that I've come to learn through my infernal bloodlines."

Veraka stared bluntly at his wife; "I thought you had forsaken all of ties to the magics that were in your blood?"

Neriah returned her husband's look with a cool, but chilling glare; "I [b:2y2pjfhg]did[/b:2y2pjfhg] forsake many of my magics that would've made me much more potent in spell-casting than I am today; however, our union, and our children have made that prospect a very dangerous path to turn to. However, I [b:2y2pjfhg]did[/b:2y2pjfhg] take many lessons and some very pertinent advice from your mother, Lady Sanisa, when she visited the few times that she did. As a Solar of Mount Celestia, she has a wealth of knowledge about the creatures of the Abyss and the magics that they have at their command." she let out a small sigh, then inhaled again, "So, out of trust in our relationship, your mother taught me much about those magics, a few lessons involved charms that are of the power that I am speaking of right now. Those that could possibly be used from a great distance and cast so that they can not be tracked back to their source. The long and short of it is that Cinder had a spell cast on her that was able to alter her behavior in a very sharp but subtle way, as to not make anyone suspect it was a magical incantation."

Neriah brushed one of her honey-amber curls away from her face as she looked over to Suru, then to Adian and Cinder, and finally, her husband. "This incident alone proves why you and your group will need more magic wielders within its ranks, not just holy warriors."

"Neriah, love. . . " Veraka started.

"Veraka," the fey'ri sorceress spoke sharply, her fiery red eyes locking onto his silver orbs; "you just saw what happened to Cinder and you don't know who did that, or where they are, or for that matter, how strong their magic is. I've beat you once with magic, and daggers before, and that was before you were as strong as you are now, being a Divine Crusader for Bahamut and champion for him as well. Physical prowess will only get you so far in this task, and who but I knows a lich's tower better than you. After all, before I was held captive by that Baelnorn in Daggerfall, I used to make my living by sneaking around, and plundering lich towers for their treasured artifacts and possessions, if there were any to be had. You forget my love, that before you came, and inadvertently changed my life forever, I was rogue and well-rounded one at that. If anyone can get past the defenses of a lich’s tower, it’d be me. Plus you have my latent sorcery abilities to consider.”

==========================================

While Neriah and Veraka went back and forth discussing their points to each other and the effects of that sword of Cinder’s, Alasse and Dante went buzzing around Krom and Duhath, spinning in circles around the towering two.

It was Dante who first had the gall to ask a very pointed question to Krom; “my dad told me that he was once part of a tribe as well; does that mean that he could challenge your leader too?”

Then Alasse buzzed around to Krom, and skidded to halt in front of him, her amber eyes staring up at the bull; “could you beat Duhath? He’s the strongest fighter I’ve seen.”
At this, the huge dragonborn raised his face up to observe the two young children; he then raised a scaly brow at Alasse and her blunt question, then turned a smirking, humorous look to the bull, as if saying [i:2y2pjfhg]kids and their ideas[/i:2y2pjfhg].
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix