The Dark Moon RP v 1.1

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Grahl
Maid
Maid

Re: The Dark Moon RP v 1.1

Post by Grahl »

((Such a tricky thing trying to keep up on here. But I'll try.))

A fine impression set by Zyeke, not just by his defense, but by proving well-educated, he received one of the rare smiles to be seen upon any of the two Gith factions, other than when Illithid have been slain, [color=#FF8000:3oo82gqm] "I am known as Nevar, and I thank you for both your hospitality, and defense. I had foreseen that she might attempt to strike at me on arrival, and took certain precautions." [/color:3oo82gqm]

What precautions? Indeed it would take another trained in the psionic disciplines to recognize the power that lie manifest all around him, that invisible barrier, waiting to soak up the energy of as many attacks as one dare unleash upon him, and then release it all at the target of his choosing. Indeed the same psionic trickery that was mistaken for Lolth's protection upon the birth of one, Jarlaxle.

To regard Biot, Nevar departs from the sheltering company of Zyeke, [color=#FF8000:3oo82gqm] "Circumstances demand we be allies. This undead plague, is having adverse effects on other planes, and if this Elder Evil, Atropus, is summoned, this plane will not be the only one to suffer. Many of my brothers will not agree with my getting directly involved, it has long been the philosophy of the Githzerai, that those not prepared to help themselves, do not deserve our help. Prepared to stop Atropus or not, you, all of you, must succeed on this quest, or such pragmatism shall make Gith's sacrifice meaningless."[/color:3oo82gqm]

Mod Edit: color code was too short. Hope I got intended color.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

[color=#BF0000:3vdshlrl]"trust? and drow?[/color:3vdshlrl]" she laughed, "[color=#BF0000:3vdshlrl]in the same sentence thought. that infernal ball has fired your brain[/color:3vdshlrl]," pulling away from his hand and touch. had things been as they should have, she would have responded not with words but flaying for his audacity to touch her. But things were not. "[color=#BF0000:3vdshlrl]you trust too much[/color:3vdshlrl]," she replied off-handedly, then neared him boldly and sultry, even right up to his face speaking only to him, "[color=#BF0000:3vdshlrl]I long to see when that [i:3vdshlrl]trust [/i:3vdshlrl]slides its blade between your ribs and shows you futility of it all[/color:3vdshlrl]," the drowess speaking from 3 centuries of enough experience. even those who claim to be good inevitably fell to pragmatism. did [i:3vdshlrl]whatever [/i:3vdshlrl]to survive. those who didnt had not been alive long enough. the ex-priestess stepped back from him, eying the being called Nevar, the darthiir that spoke to the druidess, and the lizard rider then everyone else. she even gave a condescending smirk when it was suggested killing the human.
the drowess headed twords a small stream that they had been following (?), pausing a moment to partially face the githzari , "[color=#BF0000:3vdshlrl]you dont have many dealings in alliances with drow do you...Nevar[/color:3vdshlrl]?" she replied in the formal high drow he spoke to her in before(in reference to his first statement.) "[color=#BF0000:3vdshlrl]wait and you will learn[/color:3vdshlrl]," switching to the infernal tongue she learned at the Priestess Academy during her first year (because she can, i guess. she wouldnt expect many to know it unless they dealt with those beings.)

[i:3vdshlrl]All trust is foolish. The best trusted friend is yourself[/i:3vdshlrl] whispered in her mind.
Zilvtree found a spot away from the group by the fresh water and a group of trees. She dropped her cloak to the mossy log (assuming the sun is far enough down to stop stinging her eyes), her magically altered red locks falling around her. Her travel pack was set beside her as she took a seat.
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

Biot keeps a close eye on Nevar as he explains himself, not quite sure what to make of him.

Nix walks to the stream where Zilvtree is sitting. "[color=#400080:1z6jnt6t]Ji dos llaar doer dal l'har'oloth? Vel'bol sila've dos ghil?[/color:1z6jnt6t]" She asks in drow while taking a seat near Zilvtree.

Biot - Half Drow half ..... (Class: Dragonlord)
Nix - Drow (Class: Arcane archer)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((well, i was wanting to give others a chance...but i may be really busy this weekend.
so assumed her native tongue unless other wise mentioned. ))

the drowess looked up as Nix walked over, well aware of soft barely audiable steps that neared. then her amber eyes returned to the soft flowing stream.
"[color=#BF0000:3obb1bwz]nope, just fell from the abyss[/color:3obb1bwz]," she smarted back quickly, [color=#BF0000:3obb1bwz]"what gave it away? the discomfort of that infernal cursed light (sun)[/size:3obb1bwz], the fact I find all yall insane or that that you find it hard to believe most of us still dwell there[/color:3obb1bwz]?"

She would not be so quick to answer the second.
that she 'trusted' someone to help her escape; that they got the upper hand over her. turned her over to humans wizards, and worse males as a [i:3obb1bwz]special [/i:3obb1bwz]slave. chained and forced to obey those [i:3obb1bwz]iblith[/i:3obb1bwz]. to do what she had to- to survive and get her revenge.
but in the end, she gutted them all for it. made them pay tenfold for every little thing their magic forced her to do. that thought brung a half of a smirk.
unfortunately that then left her up here in the Lands of Light and no idea where she was, much less knowledge of the complex cursed surface.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

Nix listened to Zilvtree's bombardment of defensive questions. "[color=#400080:1m2y3r06]Yes you seemed a bit uncomfortable, but better now that the sun has almost set. I've heard a bit about the underdark, from the man who raised me here in this realm, but I have never met someone that was from there.[/color:1m2y3r06]" Nix has a glint of excitement in her eyes. "[color=#400080:1m2y3r06]There is so many thing I want to know about the underdark, and so many things I want to get certainty about.[/color:1m2y3r06]" Nix looks at Zilvtree. "[color=#400080:1m2y3r06]Only if you are willing to answer me some questions of coarse.[/color:1m2y3r06]"

Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

Had he dealt with alliances with Drow? Given the circumstancs, this question perplexed him, still, he answers honestly, [color=#FF8000:16jkf0xz]"No, not often, what few dealings I have had with Drow were those who had made the mistake of allying themselves with the iIlithid. Still an alliance is necessary now. Even the tenants of Lolth must be able to accept that this is no time for our petty differences. If this Atropus is summoned, there'll not be much worth fighting over.I am willing to trust, however, an alliance of necessity doesn't require it, so long as plans of back-stabbing and treachery are left until all this impending doom is brought to its end."[/color:16jkf0xz]
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

"[color=#4000BF:2h48t0bt]So its an alliance that you want?[/color:2h48t0bt]" Biot says while keeping a keen eye on Nevar. "[color=#4000BF:2h48t0bt]An alliance I can give you, but my trust you will need to earn and I can sense you feel the same...[/color:2h48t0bt]" Biot pauses a while as he looks at the group. "[color=#4000BF:2h48t0bt]So, do we forge an alliance with him? And what about the other newcomer?[/color:2h48t0bt]"

CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" Hello My Lady Suru what a beautiful creature you have there with you " Cinder greeted her grandmother.
He is yours Cinder a gift from the Fellowship of the Forgotten Flower. A mage that will remain unnamed also a agent of theirs and good friend found him as a yearling. Upon raising him found that it's magical abilities profound." Suru explained.
Cinder ran her hand over the animals back gently the creature looked into her eyes they sparkled a pale blue that penitrated deep into her and linking like a soft brezz flowing throw her. Cinder took a deep breath and smiled feeling the animals affection. " But grandmother but how does such a honor come to be mine " she asked quite puzzled.
" Your own sights it was discovered and the stages are uniquely alined my dear it is as simple as that. " Suru replied.
The deer turned his attention to the appearance of the unusual monk that seemed to appear from now where.
Suru moved to were a fire was being built and sat on a log near by.
Adain was intreged by Cinders new mount as well and stood beside her looking over the large antlers with sharp metal tips at it's ends. " You will find my son that because of the streigth of your own link with Cinder that you will be linked with the the Stage as well. " Suru added.
" A monk of Ilmater? " Suru asked Zyete " I am Cinders Grandmother the moom elf interduced herself.
((( OOC I am on a diffrent computer no spell check sorry <<>> Adain has not been well :/ but should be back soon )))
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Removes hand from hilt of sword as eyes try to study each in the diverse party. "Nay I would not kill a captive Demon. In peace I came and I hope it will be in peace I depart."

Eyes look to Cinder You can have it for latter, I can make more with little problem"

Relies also to Zyeke. "When no one trusts me, it is a bad habit to reach for sword. I offer no threat."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zilvtree turned to study Nix then, tilting her head now wondering what the other drowess was about. "[color=#BF0000:14viudql]Does not the Dark Dancer's followers encourage drow to return [i:14viudql]to the surface[/i:14viudql] not the other way around? turn us into faerie elves[/color:14viudql]?" the last phrased spit with disdain bred into all drow. She glanced back to the darthiir well known to the druidess
it was equally strange to have met a person who had never been to the cities below. "[color=#BF0000:14viudql]perhaps...[/color:14viudql]" maintaining a straight face, as ideas form in her mind how this might be of use, "[color=#BF0000:14viudql]what could possibly interest you[/color:14viudql]?"
(dont know if Nix is an eilistraeen but assumes based on most the drows in the group are).
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

((It is just a human bandit, no demons... where did you get a demon from? O.o))

Zyeke shook his head, "No, I am not a monk of Ilmater. I owe Eilistraee much, so naturally I dedicate my soul to her." He bowed before Suru, "It is an honor to welcome you to our group, Lady Suru."

He looked at the bound man, and shook his head at the treatment the captive was getting. He dug around in his pack and pulled out a strip of dried jerky and placed it in the hands of the man. "Please, eat. I assure you, it is not poisoned." He untied the bindings on the man's wrists and sat down next to the man as he took small cautious bites of the provided meat. The human looked around the large group of warriors surrounding him, and it became obvious the man had no intention of running away or attacking them any time soon.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

As the sun begins setting, a figure appears over the horizon. Soon enough, it approaches the camp and it is apparent that it is an elf, a dark elf at that. Female. Sporting a cloak, pants and a tunic. Amber eyes and....... Shadowy black hair in place of the white hair a dark elf normally has? A scabbard rests at her right hip, nothing else apparent on her body.

She slows as she nears the camp. Spying the rest of you, she appears somewhat surprised at seeing so many gathered of her kin, here on the surface but gathers herself and calls out. "Might I join you and share your campfire with you?"
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder turned and smiled at Bhaern " You make fire fuel ? " She asked curiously.
Leading her newly aquired animal toward the group she linked with him walking him off to the side where under a tree there on grew small bitter plump berries " I take it you will not stray " she said to the stage. " My name is Menasien " the he replied. " I will be near you. "
Adain carfully arranged the fuel and lit his flint starting the fire. He and Cinder sat beside each other Cinder barried in Adains side watching the fire light, she had missed him over the many mouths they had been appart and ony care for the silance of his presants beside her for the moment.

" I am not sure why i mistook you for ilmater's monk " Suru said to the monk.
" What kind of feast shall we prepare for this growing group " she asked thoughtfully.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zyeke smiled, "Monks of Eilistraee are much much rarer than those of Ilmater. It is a common mistake." Upon hearing yet another new voice Zyeke stood up and walked to the dark haired female and extended his hand in greeting, "Welcome, you are certainly welcome to join us. What brings you so near to the woods so near to Myth Drannor?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Bryzyne eyes him with scrutiny yet isn't rude. She appears to be thinking about her answer and purses her lips. [color=red:1821zcuh]"I can not really say, to be honest. I have been traveling the surface for many years. I was actually born here. For the obvious reasons, I travel when the moon is high and the sun is sleeping. This is the first time I find as many of us gathered so openly in one place. Thank you for you offer, and I will accept. Bryzyne is my name."[/color:1821zcuh]