The Dark Moon RP v 1.1

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Re: The Dark Moon RP v 1.1

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

The little girl shook her head, too shy to speak in the company of the huge dragonborn paladin, and instead hid her face in Adian's chest. Instead Zyeke stepped forward, and shook his head, "Regeneration creates a whole new person. A blank slate, no memories of the previous life, no name. This child is yours to raise. However, I must warn you, she will have all the psionic abilities of the last life. She is not a drow, nor even a dragon. This girl is an unbodied, a being who has transcended their physical form, and exist only as pure psionic energy. If an unbodied dies, it can regenerate, effectively starting over... and ending up as her." The monk pointed at the small child in Adian's arms, "We must keep this child safe, no matter the cost. She is the only way we have of recovering that book."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka turned back to regard the huge minotaur that stood as tall as Duhath; [i:mjdp1zjl]Now I know how the drow feel when they look up at me.[/i:mjdp1zjl]

[quote:mjdp1zjl]"A good battle, how unfortunate you did not bring me more Thayans, let alone some Red Wizards to crush, I was just getting warmed up."[/quote:mjdp1zjl]

"Believe me, if I knew you'd want that; I'd have drug the entire academy of Red Wizards with me to this battle." The aasimar put his armored hands up to his helmet, and removed it from his head, revealing a strong, but compassionate face. Veraka's stark silver hair fell past his shoulders, while his silver eyes gazed up and down the minotaur, sizing him up.

The platinum paladin then turned to Adian, and nodded in his direction; "not a problem, old friend. You'll have to forgive Duhath," he waved a gauntlet towards the huge dragonborn; "it's his first [b:mjdp1zjl]real[/b:mjdp1zjl] assignment out of base, and one that involves working directly with me."

The dragonborn shifted uneasily, not entirely convinced of Adian's convictions; "I still don't understand how you can stand by this, and [b:mjdp1zjl]allow[/b:mjdp1zjl] it to happen, Knight-Commander?"

Veraka turned to regard his huge dragonborn ally; "Zyzzat was originally a drow who opted to take on the role of a lich, but similar in many respects to a baelnorn. And it was my [i:mjdp1zjl]mother[/i:mjdp1zjl] who gave him such power."

The mention of Sanisa to Duhath struck him speechless, and much less able to respond in any kind of way.

The aasimar then turned back to his drow friend; "So I come all this way, following the lead of my angry wife," he gazed over to Neriah, as well as his children; "to rescue my own children from Red Wizards, now to find myself in the company of many of my former allies to take care of another?" A silver brow raised on the aasimar's forehead told that he was more amused by the notion than anything else.

===========

Neriah was less inclined to let anyone near her children after what had just happened, however, the minotaur [b:mjdp1zjl]had[/b:mjdp1zjl] assisted in defeating their opponents. She could level off with the worries for a few minutes.
Both of the twins went near drop-jaw when they saw the imposing minotaur, but they weren't completely baffled; afterall, they were around big things all their life; their father, and Jormungander to say the least.

"How did you get to be so big?" Dante spoke up, his genuine curiosity taking over his better judgement.

"Dante!" Neriah exclaimed, knowing her son had better mannerisms than that."

Though, next it was the little girl, Alasse, that spoke her mind; "Are you a barbarian, like Daddy?"

That question brought a dumbfounded look over the dragonborn, but Veraka just let out a bellow of a laugh at his children's' antics.

============

After he was done laughing, Veraka moved closer to Adian, Cinder, the girl, and Zyeke.
"So, let me get this straight," he started; "this young lass is a, for lack of a better term, a rebirth of what she once was? AND, she is composed completely of psionic energy?"
The thought of such a being disturbed the knight-commander a little; he knew that beings, like his mother, would resurrect in a new body after they died. But there was a [i:mjdp1zjl]BIG[/i:mjdp1zjl] difference between his Solar mother, and this young girl.

"Alright, so someone brief me on what has happened that I haven't already seen; and why this book is so important." Veraka, though he had patience, was not one for being kept in the dark about anything too long.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zilvtree, with super honed reflexes (she is a rogue also) [/size:92qq9cec]avoided her chain thrown back at her, the back flip allowing it to pass just inches over her head (yeah i just watched a movie not long ago...)[/size:92qq9cec]. it stuck fast to the tree.
She saw the hand sign, confused over it. the events just following she had to miss due to infernal light and her unadjusted eyes, her piwafwi covering her head until it was done.
Zilvtree was slow to join back, her mind trying to process everything as she worked her weapon out of the wood. eventually she headed down to the majority, the druidess holding a youngling and a reunion of sorts with not only two, no three giants (dragonborn, veraka, and grom), a demon fay with children, and (whoever i missed). the chain was secured and put away in its storage, leaving only her blade that was currently in a longsword form out and ready.
to the strange family, the unique crimson cloak was familar, if they remebered a sneaky rogue, who at the end of their last adventure left without any word, wore one similar. however, this female was shorter and more 'built' than that rogue; her aura was grey (border CN alignment) with her face mostly hidden it couldnt be sure who it was.

((what is everyone speaking in? Zilv doesnt speak common. so if everyone is conversing in it, she doesnt understand.))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian signaled to Zilvtree, waving her back to the group.

"It's all right," he called in Drow. "They're friends and allies. Come out and be seen so they can know you are not a danger."

He stroked the child's hair seemingly without even realizing it as he began to outline the events since his own arrival at the grove...barely a day ago.

"I would like to know a few things too," he said, looking at the monk. "Specifically how you know so much about a non-embodied being and its capabilities. I don't think there's a university out there that researches this sort of thing."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke sighed, he had been quiet during Adian's recounting of the events since the group had left the grove, and it was as if the paladin had taken him out of a an old memory, "No, you are right. There is no university about the unbodied. In fact, very few people know they exist. I know because my master raised her once. The short version of the story is that my master and I ran into her in a small village. There was... an accident, and we were trying to save the villagers. Since we both knew that we would not be able to save everyone, after the event we went through, seeking to bury the dead. We found her, in the ruins of a house, along with a dozen of the villagers. She had saved their lives, at the cost of her own. My master took her with us, and he raised her as his own daughter." The drow monk shrugged, "After he died, she and I went our separate ways, but she and I would talk to each other through her mental powers. It's been almost three hundred years since we last talked though... I had thought she died again, and had forgotten about me."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

(( OK so it is not Good friday <<>> lol <<>> wrong week <<>> not sure were that came from too many chocolate Easter Bunnies around their all stuck in my head ... :eek: ))

" So she has no memories of her past lives, but has developed her abilities through these life times that she has retained? or was she created with these abilities for the care of this book? "
Cinder asked trying to understand the child to which Adain and herself have been given guardianship of, she knew very little of this psionic energy.

" What precisely is her task with this evil book. " Cinder asked Zyete who seemed to be familiar with this being.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke shrugged, "I do not know... to either of the questions. She has had dreams -nightmares- from previous lives... but we have not spoken about it much. I get the feeling even she does not know." The monk scratched his head, "As for the book... her task is that of guardian. The last time we spoke she mentioned a great treasure that must be hidden away... I assume this is what she meant." The monk turned around, and looked at Veraka, then at Adian, "So you both know this lich? Do either of you know where his lair is?"

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Yes,' Adian said. "A very clever...and somewhat mad man. I have no idea what sort of plans he had on his objective, but his transformation was somehow a part of them. If we're to save him we have to find his phylactery. Unfortunately it's doubless very well hidden and defended. He might be strange but he is not stupid. Perhaps too much of the opposite in fact.

"And now he is being controlled by someone much more powerful and dangerous than he," he added.

He took a brief pause to wave at the two children of Veraka's. He doubted they knew him, but his young face and friendly manner might put them at ease.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Knowing Adain did not like to have his weapons out of his hands for long or at least on him, she secured her own to her back and Cinder took the little girl and placed her on her hip rapping her arm around her, the little girl coiled her legs around Cinders waist and looked up at her smiling.
Cinder stood beside Neriah who was holding her children quite tightly understandably. " Maybe we should find a place to camp for the night. We could give the children a bath in the river it would be nice if they learned to play together and enjoy each others company. " She suggested.
" Adain have you come up with a name? "
Cinder was suddenly completely preoccupied with the children, her attention was on there care not paying to much attention to anything else although she was concerned about their friend Zyzzat.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"I thought perhaps [i:wd98j9ii]Dradanossta[/i:wd98j9ii]," Adian suggested. "Re-birth," he added for the benefit of non-drow speakers.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" Dradanossta, I love it Adian " she said blowing him a kiss.

" So Drada would you like to come and have a bath in the river " placing Dradanossta on the ground she took her hand and lead the small girl to the river. Brezz watched the young girl with intriguing interest and decided to investigate, he wizzed by her a few times so as to get her attention.
" Will you come and join us Adain? Cinder asked " Brezz watch were you are flying please. " She said slightly annoyed

" Zyete could you possibly find a campsite within sight of the river and get a fire stated? "
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke chuckled, "That one was meant to be a mother." He said to Adian, "She is taking this very much in stride." Still smiling, the drow climbed up the nearest tree and was soon scampering about the forrest, in search of a spot that fit Cinder's requirements. The monk had spotted a hill that seemed to be quite promising. Soon the monk came back, satisfied that the hill afforded a good view of the river below, and gave some protection against the wind. Normally, Zyeke was hesitant about camping in such an open location, but the size of the group should prove a powerful deterrent to any people with ill intent. While the monk was gone, the small girl had been thouroughly enjoying the novel experiance of bathing in the river, and she was a surprisingly adept swimmer. The monk was unable to keep a smile from his face, as he watched the newly reborn girl splashing around.
A slight smile still on his liips, Zyeke called out to Brynzene, "Would you like to help me with collecting wood for the fire? It will go much faster with the two of us."

Zyeke
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Bryzyne stretches, looking at Zyeke. "Sure, why not." Standing she moves off with the Monk, in search of firewood.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Drada took well to the water which suited Cinder just fine. She taught her to dive deep under the water the small girl was a strong swimmer and kept up with Cinder eagerly. They swam along the shore in the reeds watching the small river creatures Drada was thrilled and Brezz flew over head keeping watch occasionally swooping down playfully, wile his family rested waiting for there portion of honey which they new would come.
The girl was almost as curious as a toddler, Cinder tried to link with her but her mind was not like any she had known. Cinder was as curious of her as it was seeing the world throw the eyes of this young child. Only moments ago it was a dragon like creature and now it was paddling around the river like gracefully exploring her new life.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke led Brynzyne from the group as the two looked for firewood. The monk was preoccupied, and didn't talk for a long time. When he was satisfied that the two were out of earshot, he turned towards the dark haired drow, "That magic you used, it was not like any I had seen. Where did you learn it? The control of shadows and shades is the within the necromatic disciplines... yet your magic did not have the vileness of a necromancer's." The question carried no threat, the drow was genuinely curious about the strange drowess before him.

Zyeke