The Dark Moon RP v 1.1

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Re: The Dark Moon RP v 1.1

Post by veraka »

Veraka had listened to the entire exchange without so much as saying a word, merely listening as his friends exchanged nervous words, and cautioned strategies on how to proceed with their next plan.
"So, Zyzzat's tower, or at least a hint on how to find it, is probably in Luskan. Not my first place that I would start looking, but this is not my expedition, I'm here because someone happened to be stupid enough to try and abduct my children. Now they all now just how much wrath a Storm Warrior of Bahamut has."

"Just as well, as these friends of yours need to know how much loyalty you have towards the Dragon Father's cause. A book that can summon such powers is not to be taken lightly, and as his vassal, it is your responsibility to accompany these good folk on their quest to find your friend, Zyzzat, and then to rid Faerun of this book," came a low, booming draconic voice of Jormungander, as he slowly pounded his way up to the group, his mighty claws putting furrows into the ground with each step. The remainder of the Vanguards trotted up slowly, awaiting their commander's orders.

Veraka looked up at the giant gold lizard with wings, and nodded his agreement; "I won't argue that I will accompany them, however, Jormung, what of Neriah, and my children, as well as the remainder of the Vanguards?"

"you still 'ave nother respon'Obility towards yer friends, lad," came a sharp dwarven voice as Garmug walked up to the group; "sides, if'in ya're worried bout your wife and youngins, I believe Master GreatScale here can conjure a portal back to the keep."

Veraka, though he hated yielding to his Archmage, and his former mentor, they both had valid points indeed. As a paladin, he was sworn to defend those whom needed his shield, and defeat all evils on Faerun.
The aasimar then looked to his wife, and let out a long sigh; while he would have loved to have her accompany him, both for her magical powers and to spend more time with her, she was needed by their daughter and son now. That left their magical prowess vastly outweighed by their martial powers.
He scooped up some of Biot and Nix's food that the two had prepared and nodded a thanks their way.
While Veraka ate some food, Jormungander and Garmug exchanged some words, wondering whom it would be that their Knight-Commander would choose to accompany him.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

For the present time, Bryzyne remains by the fire. She does not eat. She is seated cross legged by the fire, eyes closed. There is a smile on her face however and she appears to be at peace. As she meditates, anyone looking her way will quickly realize her appearance is slowly changing. Where her hair was black, it is now a silvery white color. It hangs down her back in a long beautiful braid. She now sports but a tunic, pants and boots. A simple bastard sword is strapped to her back. At her neck is a holy symbol, that of Eilistraee.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Suru was keeping Drada company and the child could not be more safe than in her grandmother's arms.

Cinder almost wanted to ask Adain to give her a few pointers right there and then, she looked at him and her eyes filled with love for him. " I missed you so very much wile you were away " she said weakening under his gaze.
Cinder slid the MoonBlade into the Sheath and took his hand sitting down, she bid him to join her by the warm fire.
She reached for a piece fish and placed it on his lips when he sat next to her. " it is time for feasting " she said.

" Zyeke are you alright you are looking pale " Suru asked as she rocked the youngster who was curled up to the moonelf comfortably.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

The monk nodded, "I have been from my grove for too long." He started to cough, low rasping coughs, "Eilistraee's blessing is leaving me." Zyeke wiped the blood from his lips with the back of his hand, "As long as I stay in her grove, she will keep me from aging, but if I am away for too long, time will catch up with me." The monk sat down, if one was to look carefully, his face showed a few more creases and lines than it had the day before, "I will be alright, do not worry about me. While I am away, there is another who tends Eilistaree's grove. He is not bound to it like I am, so perhaps you might convince him to go with you."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

For Krom, the lack of forthcoming answers, is met with a shrug, and half-lidded eyes betraying his annoyance, as well as how accustomed he is to humans, and similar races to treating him as if he's not there. Hammer is propped on a shoulder, and a single hand puts his helmet back on, as he wanders off, disappearing over the horizon for several minutes, returning to his own camp, breaking down and packing up what of it can be carried, or he should even bother with keeping. He is traveling light, save his supply of food, and returns with a pack carrying a bedroll, and a large canvas made of several large portions of tanned leather. What the canvas is for, is anyone's guess.

Upon returning he catches the last bit of commentary about Veraka sending his wife and children away to safety, and it disappoints him a little, he'd been enjoying the company of children who don't just see a monster and run away.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[quote="NathreeDe'Shezbron":3h7oi5qc]The monk nodded, "I have been from my grove for too long." He started to cough, low rasping coughs, "Eilistraee's blessing is leaving me." Zyeke wiped the blood from his lips with the back of his hand, "As long as I stay in her grove, she will keep me from aging, but if I am away for too long, time will catch up with me." The monk sat down, if one was to look carefully, his face showed a few more creases and lines than it had the day before, "I will be alright, do not worry about me. While I am away, there is another who tends Eilistaree's grove. He is not bound to it like I am, so perhaps you might convince him to go with you."[/quote:3h7oi5qc]

Bryzyne opens her eyes and breathes. Standing, she looks around. Spying Zyeke, she wanders over and looks at him. "Might I be of service to you. Can I ease your pain in some way."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke smiled, and bowed his head to the priestess, "If you have a spell prepared to allow you to quickly travel to the moonpool in my grove, I do not think there is much you can do. Eilistraee is very strict on this part of our promise." He smiled, "But for that girl, I am not concerned about some pain."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

"I understand," the priestess smiles. She purses her lips, wondering. "The child, she is important?"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke looked at Drada before answering, "She is all that remains of Ne'area." When he saw the confused expression on Bryzyne's face, he smiled, "The dragon thing. My master named her Ne'area. She sent me a message asking for my help, and since she is very much a sister to me, naturally, I went. I did not expect her to die." Once again, the monk's eyes held a sad look but Zyeke continued, "Even though she does not know me, nor will she ever remember me, I shall still protect her, for so long as I am able."

Zyeke
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

"Zyeke, it is time to return to the Grove." Bryzyne nods and approaches the Monk. The drowess takes hold of his arm and utters a single word. Both disappear.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Good night and good luck," Adian said as they vanished. "We shall take care of her now for as long as we are able."

He sighed and sat back after they were gone, looking around at the others. What a strange mix of beings to be the chmpions of good in this quest. Veraka, of course, was a very-much-welcome addition. Adian was skilled and stronger than he had ever been, but Veraka seemed to be virtually invincible.

"Well," he said. "I suppose Luskan and Zyzzat's tower is the only real lead we have anymore. And we barely got a chance to get our feet wet in Myth Drannor."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The little girl, Drada, had been listening to Zyeke's words, looked at Cinder, "Mamma, why did he say I'm all that's left of someone else."

Meanwhile, back at the grove, the monk collapsed to his knees. Obviously, he had pushed Eilistraee's blessing to it's limits. However, despite the fact that his coughing must have easily been heard across the entire clearing, this mysterious other curator did not show up. For several seconds, the drow monk lay on the ground, his breathing shallow, but stronger than it had been mere minutes before. A low voice called out across the clearing, "So what did the idiot do this time? Forget the time given to him?" The voice was far too low to be that of an elves' yet the rhythms in it were clearly drow. Suddenly the leaves in the upper levels of the tree rustled, and a humanoid shape jumped down, to land in front of Zyeke and Bryzyne. In the light of the setting sun, Bryzyne could easily see the last rays of light reflecting off the mithral helmet that totally encased his head. The size of the man, for it sounded like a male vioce, fit well within the range for either a human or an elf, and since his body was almost completely covered by a heavy white robe, the collar of which was turned up. Where the face of a normal person would be, the mithral helmet had been polished to such a degree that is rivaled any mirror, and there were no apparent eye holes, so the man was almost certainly blind, "Well bring him in then."

Zyeke
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Bryzyne smiles and taking Zyeke by the arm, leads him in, confident in what should transpire.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" Sreen'aur helothannin Bry and Zyete hope we meet again soon " Cinder said as she watched them leave.

The moon was still full and lit the night sky with a pleasant haze. She got up taking her new blade with her she gazed over it's beautifully crafted design and headed down to the river to watch the stillness of the night.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The monk leaned heavily against Bryzyne's shoulder. The man led the way into the tree, " My name is Een Jael. Put him on a bed, he'll be fine the next morning. In all honesty, what happened to him? It really is not like him, to allow himself to get to this stage."

Zyeke