The Dark Moon RP v 1.1

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Tarlyn
Regular

Re: The Dark Moon RP v 1.1

Post by Tarlyn »

Bryzyne watches the battle, feeling rather inept at her first attempt. Seeing as Cinder is now more involved in the battle, she turns to Biot and Nix. "So, I guess you feel as I do? Wow, a Platinum Dragon? That Elf is quite powerful. I thought my shadow spells might help, but alas, they seem to bounce off that Lich. Not really what I was taught........."

OOG: Yes, Shadow spells might be construed as beneficial to undead. However, before you decide[without research] to say that my spells don't work, do your research first, please. That's all I have to say. Read Tome of Magic at least. Thanks. Or look at the spells in Arcana Evolved or The Book of Roguish Luck, even.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"STOP!" Adian barked, still holding Zyzzat down with his armored boot. "I know this man. Let us hear what he has to say for himself first."

He saw the rest of the battle going on around him and felt very torn. Veraka's children were in danger and here he was trying to protect...or possibly end up passing sentence...on an old friend. One who at first glance was acting on behalf of the enemy.

The fates surely were laughing at this.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinders attention was focused on mantaining the Holy Aura upon Adain and herself watching Zyzatt's aura carefully trying to decipher the origins of the disturbance she could see in it.
" He is a crafty drow indeed " she pointed out to Adain " He's hiding something very well, there is much much more to his complex intentions they are carefully clad in several layers. Adain, he is our friend trust your gut " Cinder offered cautiously.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

((Wait Zyzzat is under your foot... since when? He was last tied up in Zilvtree's chain... and ate his own lightning bolt... >.>))

Zyzzat's fingers stopped moving, and he slowly brought his hands down to his side, obviously the spell's somatic components were completed, and the lich was waiting for... something. "My part?" The lich knew full well that Adian, and possibly Cinder, was skilled in divine magic, and would sense any attempt to deceive them almost instantly, "My part is... completely outside of my control. If it were up to me..." Suddenly, the wizard fell over, as if someone had cut the strings from a puppet. But the edge of his robe barely touched the ground before the chain suddenly, and very violently, uncoiled from around his arms and flew back towards Zilvtree. Suddenly, to Cinder at least, Zyzzat's aura was snuffed out, and replace by something much more sinister. "His part in this is as a faithful puppet. I had thought you would warn him, the dangers of separating soul and body, if you were truly his friends. Losing oneself takes on a whole new meaning in that case." The tone of voice and timbre changed completely, sounding more like a human male than a drow, "And one never really knows who will find it." The skull suddenly began to sprout long black hair, and skin stretched over the white bone. Within moments, where once was a skeleton, now stood a gaunt man of average height. Black hair hung unkempt around his skinny face, and bright green eyes were sunk deep into their sockets. The man was garbed in very expensive cloth, gems and golden filigree glittered from all along its frame. Whereas Zyzzat's aura had only a taint of evil, this man fairly bled evil, "Now then. What have we here..." The human looked around the group arrayed before him, "So many drow... paladins, wizards... even a monk who should be long dead." He laughed, "Trash all of you. This drow is mine, as is the tome that will bring about your future," as the man spoke, his right hand jerked slightly... fingers moving as if in a seizure, but to any who were trained in the hand speech of the drow, it was making the signs for "phylactery" and "help".

Zyeke nudged Adian slightly with his elbow, "That is your friend? Strange company you keep, paladin." Obviously the monk had not noticed, or could not speak, the drow sign language. The rest of his words were drowned out as a great voice roared through the mind of every person present, Thayans and Veraka included. Everyone's gaze was drawn upwards as the dragon, now glowing a bright purple light was diving at the human. As the beast flew towards the human, its form faded, and soon it was only an orb of light, streaking right for the human's chest. But it was still far away, and the human only had a snide smirk on his face as he raised his hands, and called out "Centum manu Dei vocare te".

For the tiniest fraction of a moment, time stood still. The orb of light hung suspended a dozen paces from the human. Suddenly a colossal rift opened behind the human. From the tear sounds of heavy breathing came, and reality itself seemed to be pushing the monstrosity away... but it was a doomed battle, as several heads poked through the hole. As they moved forward, all the heads were in fact, attached to one body, and almost two dozen arms, each holding a weapon of a size none of the assembled party had seen before. The human illusion around the drow shattered, as the power of the spell used to bind the creature destroyed the feeble magics. Indeed it seemed as if this was the first time that Zyzzat was in full control of himself, and we was frantically waving for everyone to run away from the beast.

The orb of light kept coming, either unaware or not caring about the monstrosity before it... before it was shattered from a swing by one of the mighty arms. Small motes of light floated to the ground. They settled upon the ground, and flashed faintly, providing enough light to show the lich sprinting full on into the portal... and stepping through. With a great roar, the spell ended, and the monstrosity was forced back into its plane. For a second, there was only silence on the field, which was broken by everyone hearing a faint voice in their thoughts, the voice of the dragon, but it was very quiet, barely audible, "Please help me... the process has started. Protect the child."

OOC: Something like this thing, but only the top half ^.^.
[img=center:14xjzvp8]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb32 ... heires.jpg[/img:14xjzvp8]
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

The entire, spectacualr scene and Zyzzat's escape left Adian speechless for a moment. Then that single word roused him into action again.

"Child?"

Was he referring to Vereaka's...? No. They were children, plural. The mages who had them had been systematically butchered up to the moment the beast had appeared, so what else?

Adian ducked into the underground area where Zyzzat had emerged from, looking around with his darkvision for some clue.
Last edited by Adian Novar on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

"[color=#400080:2ze45z8a]I prefer to asses situations like this before diving in. And anyway it doesn't seems fair that we also join in the fight as everything seems to be under control.[/color:2ze45z8a]" Nix told Bryzyne as they studied the battle taking place. Biot took a seat on a nearby log and watched the battle as someone will watch a sport game of some kind. It seemed like Biot enjoyed the amusement the battle gave him with a slight smile on his face.

Biot - Half Drow half ..... (Class: Dragonlord)
Nix - Drow (Class: Arcane archer)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[quote="Biot-Savart":318x6atz]"[color=#400080:318x6atz]I prefer to asses situations like this before diving in. And anyway it doesn't seems fair that we also join in the fight as everything seems to be under control.[/color:318x6atz]" Nix told Bryzyne as they studied the battle taking place. Biot took a seat on a nearby log and watched the battle as someone will watch a sport game of some kind. It seemed like Biot enjoyed the amusement the battle gave him with a slight smile on his face.[/quote:318x6atz]

"I agree with you on that. It looks like everything is under control here. I actually prefer not to get involved in a situation like this because anything could happen."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

The small motes of light that were all that was left of the strange dragon thing were slowly fading away, one by one. Yet, with each spark that faded away, one that was closest to Cinder started to grow brighter, and float into the air. As the light fell on Cinder, she could feel that it looking through her memories, pausing the longest on the memories of her children. Slowly, the orb of light began to grow, its brightness dimming as the radius grew. When the ball was about three feet in diameter it began to float to the ground slowly. The membrane around it began to flatten and soon the outline of a small humanoid shape could be seen inside. The child's dark skin and white hair clearly showed her as drow, with nothing to even suggest that a dragon was in any way related to her. The child had a remarkable resemblance to Cinder, but a much younger version of her.
The steady breathing of the little drow showed her to be sleeping peacefully, and the child was curled up, as if enjoying a nice dream with a favorite toy. Zyeke carefully walked over to the sleeping child, and covered her in his cloak. The drow picked up the little girl, maybe 8 years old. His eyes were moist, and it seemed as if the monk was fighting hard to hold back tears, but there was still a smile on his lips as he handed the sleeping girl to Cinder, "Well it seems that this unbodied has chosen you to guide her this life. I must admit, it is sad to see her die." Before handing her to Cinder, Zyeke whispered, "Vdri algbo vrak, si geou troth wux agantal."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder's could not believe the resemblance the child had to Tarath. Although this child was a bit older that Tarath Cinder could not resist taking her in her arms. This was the first time she had been away from her daughter and son since they were born and she missed them even though it had only been a few days.

" Adain ! Adain ! she looks like Tarath what kind of magic is this ? " Cinder called out to him.
The Child rapped her arms around Cinders neck her legs coiled around her back tightly her sleepy head rested on chest.
Cinder rocked her gently and kissed her check. " We have to protect her Adain " she insisted.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"What foul, cursed magic is this?!" Duhath exclaimed, hefting his warhammer over his armored shoulder, his draconic eyes narrowing in on Cinderanna and Zyeke.

"And you, paladin of the Dark Maiden," he growled, stalking up to Adian, his colossal 8' frame imposing over the small drow. "How is it you have a friendship with an undead, and a [b:59jhny4w]lich[/b:59jhny4w] of all of them!" His teeth were barred as he posed the question to Adian, making it very apparent that he had something against the undead.
"You call yourself a holy warrior when you have [i:59jhny4w]friends[/i:59jhny4w] for undead, heathen!!"

"[b:59jhny4w]ENOUGH, DUHATH!!![/b:59jhny4w]" Veraka's voice bellowed out from behind the dragonborn's back. The platinum armored Storm Warrior came marching up from behind Duhath, sheathing Marala Vharc in it's scabbard on his waist. Veraka's dragonscale armor was bloodied up, stained a new shade of red with all of the slashing and hacking that had been done before. Neriah came up beside him, Alasse and Dante in each arm; both of the children looked like they'd just lived through the worst nightmare of their lives.

The aasimar came right up to the dragonborn, and was less than inches from him, despite the fact that Veraka had to look up, almost by a full foot and a half, to look the dragonborn in the eye, but it was his [i:59jhny4w]voice[/i:59jhny4w] that carried his meaning.
"This paladin happens to be a friend of mine, and I will [b:59jhny4w]NOT[/b:59jhny4w] stand by as he is patronized for doing what he thought was right, or at least trying to. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?!"

Duhath straightened; "Yes, Knight-Commander!"

"As to the lich, I can explain that later." Veraka then turned his attention towards Adian, and Cinder.
"So what is this child I am hearing about, after having mine nearly stolen from me and my wife?"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

Krom watched with some delight as magic spared him the trouble of having to deal with wretched Thayans, hiding behind children hostages. A relief certainly, as his hammer is not the most graceful of weapons.Ideal for situations in which fierce, savage swings are only slowed by the impacts against enemy bodies, and not children, something his many years as a bounty hunter and sometime mercenary, he has been proud to rescue a lot of.

As for the escaping lich and undead abominations that appear and escape, the bull growls and grumbles, then props his hammer up on a shoulder, and his hefty steps come thudding up behind Veraka, [color=#BF8000:1udeb2gt]"A good battle, how unfortunate you did not bring me more Thayans, let alone some Red Wizards to crush, I was just getting warmed up."[/color:1udeb2gt] How unsettling it might be for some, to see that 8 foot figure, covered in Spiked Mithral Full-Plate, head bearing two large, sturdy horns, and those large black hooves, toting a hammer that would be just awkwardly huge for all the smaller humanoids. He regards Veraka, then the chastised Dragonborn, and then finally Neriah, and the children, to whom he kneels down, to come down to their height, places hammer's bloodied head on the ground, and removes his helm,[color=#BF8000:1udeb2gt] "Good to see you both safe."[/color:1udeb2gt]

What's going on with all these people gathering? He's sure he'll find out if he listens well. For now, he does the hero thing that he has well-practiced over the years, letting children have their chance at speaking to that thundering bull with a hammer that crushed many of their captors.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian's expression was one of amazement and awe at the sight of the transformation.

"Some sort of...reincarnation..." he started to say, reaching out to touch the child in Cinder's arms...and then whirled to face the dragon-kin, his eyes flat and ready to stand up to this overbearing...

Ah. Veraka handled it well. He put an arm around Cinder and touched the new child, then nodded to the big aasimar.

"My thanks, Veraka," he said. "And I cannot tell you how glad I am to see you. The guardian of this place was slain by some...I don't know. Abomination of some kind. And it became this child...and chose Cinder to take care of her. And presumably me as well by extension.

"Zyzzat is in trouble," he said quickly, realizing he had [i:bck2nofu]so much[/i:bck2nofu] to tell his big friend. "He was able to signal me with his hands, asking for help. His phylactery. He's being controlled by someone I've never seen before and...goddess help me there's so much to say!"
Last edited by Adian Novar on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder moved in close to Adain with the child as he placed his arm around her she caressed the child's back to comfort her.
" I am so clad your children are safe Neriah and Verake it is good to see you both " Cinder said.
" She looks so much like Tarath " she said looking up at Adain. " I wonder what her name is or if she has one. " she wondered.
The little girl looked up at Adain and smiled Cinder felt her start to relax her tight grip around her she reached her arms out to Adain. Cinder smiled. " She wants you to hold her Adain " she said.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian put his weapon away and reached out to take the child.

"I'm quite sure if she has one that she will tell us," he said. "And if not I think we can come up with something."

He'd actually had a couple of ideas, really. Goddess, she felt like his own little girl, so much so it was almost scary. He held her easily despite his armor.

"I hope she doesn't mind the metal," he joked.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

(( Hope ya all are having a GOOD Friday ))

>>>>>>>>>> http://youtu.be/bTjsuJruISs

As Adain took the child in his arms Cinder's hand went to the back of his waist. She loved to watch Adain with their own children he, was a loving father and he could see his affection for this one surface.
Cinder gently took the childs chin in her other hand " do you have a name ? " she asked her.
Last edited by CinderSuru on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.