The Dark Moon RP v 1.1

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Adian Novar
Champion

Re: The Dark Moon RP v 1.1

Post by Adian Novar »

Adidan stared as the small army and the battle it was fighting literally poured into Myth Drannor. Surely the gods had some sort of sense of humor. The distraction was almost comical if it had not been so dire.

As the dragonborn charged the undead mage, Adian chaged at it from the other side. Instead of The Enemy, the dangerous lich had become a mere obstacle.

[i:2d8iokqy][b:2d8iokqy]"Jallil d'Isilme!"[/b:2d8iokqy][/i:2d8iokqy] ([i:2d8iokqy]Holy Smite[/i:2d8iokqy])

Charged with the holy power of the Maiden, his enchanted bastard sword (now far more powerful than it had ever been before) crashed into the monster's side.
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

Pillar of light pierced the sky from battle between mage and dragon, a sight visible for some distance, and from a camp not so far away, incidentally occupied by a warrior in search of greater accolades than slaughtering mere zombies and skeletons. It was a beacon, a call to battle as if Tempus himself had given a sign to call the mighty bull to battle. Camp could be broken later, as he stood sharply, seized hold of his adamantine maul, and runs uphill to see what the horizon from his camp had narrowly hid from him.

Upon finding the battle at hand. Eyes widened, a battle to fight thrilling him, and then what should appear, but those vile slave-taking Thayans! Eyes bulged, pure savage anger pumping through him with a fury terrible to behold. Towering eight foot form, covered in Spiked Mithral Full-Plate, topped with huge horns and standing upon large sturdy hooves, then bellows with a savage roar, as he charges into the flank of these foul wizards facing other enemies. Booming above the din of battle, comes a battle-cry famed to spill from the lips of another hammer-wielder, [b:373cf361][i:373cf361][u:373cf361][color=#BF8000:373cf361]"TEMPUS!"[/color:373cf361][/u:373cf361][/i:373cf361][/b:373cf361] As that massive form leaps toward the wizard nearest his charge, and comes down with a crushing blow from that massive hammer, far too large for any medium humanoid to lift, much less wield. His first victim hardly has a chance crushed under a blow of incredible gigantic strength. On impact the hammer releases a resounding chiming sound (granting morale bonuses to allies' attacks and saving throws). Not slowing however, the intimidating minotaur in that further intimidating suit of armor, continues on into an assault savage and brutal without concern for defense, as his best defense against mages is to slaughter them rapidly, and still, with the disciplined control of a warrior, and not a berserker. Working his way in from the flank, spells to bind him, slow his movement, or even knock him back prove utterly ineffective, while savage sweeping strikes plow into any wizard who does not flee his approach with force enough to wrap bodies with shattered skeletons around the head of that terrible hammer. Only the sight of children alerts him to the necessity of restraint as he closes towards those Thayan cowards who would stand behind hostages. His issue with them though, would not seem merely ethical, but extremely personal, for his anger, and and hate to keep growing and enduring with every red-robed wizard the minotaur bull bludgeons into broken, bloody heaps.

((OOC; sorry for all the touch & go indecision on a character. I'm sure this time everyone))
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder desided to sit this one out and just keep a watch out for the any injuries that were sure to arise and to keep Adain protected as best she could. With Verakes and Neriah's arrival along with the half a dozen Tempests the balance of power was moved in their favor.
She desided to get out of sight, silently wispered a transmutation spell on her self. Cinder moved around with out being seen getting as close to Adain as she could ready for what ever harm might come to him . She revealed to him what she was doing and where she was. Cinder scanned the sky protectively watching the battle from etherealness ready to aid her friends when the need arised.
Last edited by CinderSuru on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Bryzyne has the same reaction as Cinder and moves over to where she is, and shrugs, watching the battle.

"Want to place friendly wagers on who beats who?"
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder chuckled at Bry's offer " let me see now " Cinder put her finger to her chin and raised her brow smiling. " I think our evil friends will be running for cover or well just dead in know time at all i would wager " Cinder replyed with confidence.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Bryzyne laughs heartily. "I wager you're probably right. Evil usually are cowards I have found."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

With surprising agility, the lich used the power of Adian's blow to roll out of the way of the slightly more imposing 8 foot tall dragonborn. The holy power in Adian's attack was much more effective than all the previous attacks, and the gruesome chunk taken out of the side of the lich's body was a testament to that, along with shattering the illusion around the undead mage. But if he paid it any attention, he certainly didn't show it. Instead he looked at Adian, a sardonic smile on his skeletal face, "Now honestly, I had thought you would hold back if you were fighting a friend... that blow really hurt. And my favorite armor is ruined. I shall send you the repair bill for that, I hope you realize that Adian." A few patches of skin peeled off from the wound in the lich's side and fell to the ground at his feet, "Tell me, how IS Cinder doing... I thought I saw her around here somewhere. I also suppose the children should already be born, is it REALLY ok to leave defenseless toddlers at home without their parents to protect them in these dark and dangerous times?" As the wizard spoke, his fingers danced through arcane gestures behind his back, and judging by the complexity, it was obviously the beginning of a very nasty spell.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian's mouth dropped open. The voice was different but he reocognized...but that was...

"Zyzzat?"

He didn't see the spell that was being prepared, but he maintained hiis guard by trained reflex.

"They're...they're being taken care of back home, by the Promenade," he said, completely wrong-footed. "What are you doing here? What role do you play in all this?"
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zilvtree saw that her quarrels were useless to the drowlich. Grumbling to herself, she put it away quickly, her other hand still holding the rod just in case. Activating the ring (Excruciating Ring) on her left hand, her Living Chain of Entanglement came out. She moved twords the lich, letting its distraction with the paladin drow male help her get behind. with skill, she twirled it above her head, the magic within coming alive in it. It was released to wrap around the lich and coil tighter as if a snake squeezing the life from its meal.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

((Zarae, could you tell me what each of those things does in DnD terms... both seem like they wouldn't affect a lich much, apart from entanglement.))

The lich nodded, "It is good to see that at least one person has not been taken in by the lies fed you by that monk. I know him well, he is a wicked man. He and I have fought many times over the years. Please Adian, you must help me." Zyzzat pleaded, buying himself the time he needed for the spell. He was almost finished when the chain Zilvtree sent at him wrapped around his arms, binding them to his chest, but his hands were free, and the spell was not interrupted. Instinctively, the lich spat out a word "[i:3kinm2qx]llhast[/i:3kinm2qx]" and a bolt of lightning tore into the chain, sparking down its length toward Zilvtree.
Zyeke rushed past Adian, the healing he had received from Cinder had returned him to his former vitality, "Help me, blast it all. We must stop this thief NOW, before he can escape with the tome." The monk called to Adian.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian rushed forward and kicked his friend off his feet.

"Stand down, my friend," he said. "I am begging you with tears in my eyes, stand down. Why are you involved with this? Why are you after this book? My own abilities have grown considerably. I'll know if you lie."

He opened up his Sight again to see into the hearts of both the monk and Zyzzat.

[i:596p8ccf]The Lady will show me the truth...[/i:596p8ccf]
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

Biot and Nix kept to the side of the, seeing that its not their battle to fight. But they were ready if needed.

Biot - Half Drow half ..... (Class: Dragonlord)
Nix - Drow (Class: Arcane archer)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder's attention went to Neriah and the wizard with her children her hand flew out in his direction and she brought forth a Dimentional Lock over him.

Zyazzt! Cinder appeared beside Adain who was clearly both alamed and concerned about his friends involvment in such evil actions.
She concentrated first on Zyete then Zyzzat. Zyzzat's aura seemds to have a slight disturbance in it but it does not necessarily mean he is the one lying about this isue, I will keep a close eye on him " She said to Adain throw their link.
" What is your sight coming up with " she asked him curiously.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zilvtree took the bolt, but so would the lich. Her amulet restored some of her health before crumbling away, as she pulled out the Everchanging blade while the chain wrapped around. her rod was back in its place, not wanting to heal the thing. the lich found itself coated in red faerie fire while it dwelt with the still squeezing chain. She moved in stealth, her sword now shaped like a longsword, and struck at the lich (sneak attack) with a swipe at its head.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The remaining Vanguards that had accompanied Veraka through the portal finally reached the battle between the Wizards and the Ordens. The two armored paladins crashed into their respective Thayan knight counterparts, swords ringing as steel met steel, whilst the clerics moved over to dual spells with the Red Wizards.

Garmug Bronzebeard used one of his iron hard fists to cave in the kneecap of a Thayan knight, which sent the man howling in pain, only then to grab him by his helmet with his free hand, reel up, and smash the helmet with his balled fist. The crimson plated man toppled backwards, blood pooling lightly from his broken nose, and cracked lips.

Alasse let out a wail as she saw her mother, Neriah, weaving in and out of sword swings and spell bursts; "MOMMYY!!!"

This scream from her daughter only fueled Neriah’s already seething rage. She threw down a [i:1t00bfct]Chain Lighting[/i:1t00bfct] at the Red Wizards, followed quickly by an [i:1t00bfct]Incendiary Cloud[/i:1t00bfct]. The sorceress made sure to keep her spells away from her children. Some of the Red Wizards, the smart ones, weren’t affected by Neriah’s spells; the unfortunate ones, however, found out the hard way just how much wrath the Fey’ri had in her.

The golden elf furrowed his brow; "this madness ends now," he growled to himself in a low tone.

"Sir Veraka, Vanguards, Lady Neriah, shield your eyes." He ran close to a tree and up its trunk about five paces before leaping into the air, his lithe elven form going much higher in the air than any human could've hoped for. Right then, a light as blinding as the sun itself, blossomed from his form. The vanguards, Veraka, Neriah, even the twins, shielded their eyes. A split second later, a growling deep voice echoed out through out the air of the ruins; "How is it that two young children come to become targets of a kidnapping? Well, let's see how Red Wizards and their thralls fair against a [i:1t00bfct]TRUE[/i:1t00bfct] servant of the Platinum dragon!"

Where the golden sun elf had been standing, an immense wyrm was in place of it, his golden scales as thick and huge as Veraka's shield, his eyes solid pools of molten gold.

"Tell me, Thayans; when did it become a prerogative of the Red Wizards to kidnap younglings barely over the age of learning to walk around?" his deep voice boomed, his teeth barred. Jormungander, even as the ancient gold dragon that he was, was truly a terrifying sight to behold. Spells and bolts from crossbows flew from every which direction, only to be deflected by Jormung's wards and spell-shields.

"Fools," the gold dragon growled, then reared up, came down, and let loose a roar that shook everyone to their bones, even Veraka felt his platinum scale armor vibrate from the blast of sonic energy, from Jormung.

Veraka himself had let the corpse of the Wizard slip off his blade, Marala Vharc, when he saw the huge minotaur come crashing through the brush, and right into the first wizard that was near him. The aasimar also knew this bull from somewhere; a barbarian to Tempus. When the minotaur howled his shout to Tempus, Veraka responded with a blood curdling roar of power and terror, that came from beneath his scaled helm, his [i:1t00bfct]Dragon's Rage[/i:1t00bfct] consuming him completely. His eyes glowing silver, through his helm, promised death to all who crossed his path. The enraged paladin surged forward, and slammed into the Thayan knight, whom was both still recovering from Jormung's deafening roar, and was only a few feet away from his children. He rained down blows upon the Thayan in a frenzied fashion, Marala Vharc putting gouge after gouge into the knight's crimson plate armor. It was only when a second armored Thayan came charging outta the wood work, that Veraka had to reel in the heavy handed blows, and start fighting on the defensive.

Neriah shrieked in rage as she saw her husband being assaulted by two of the crimson plated thayans. She launched herself off the ground, taking two flaps of her bat-like wings, and soaring over the battle, the fey’ri landed right behind one of the Thayans, plunging her twin daggers into the neck of her target. He sunk to the ground under the weight of his armor, dead . Neriah then realized that the other Thayan had turned to face her, only to have Marala Vharc cleave a heavy blow into his side, the crimson armor buckling under the weight of the blow.

He gasped, grabbing his side; “you know what they say about angering a mother who has infernal blood in her veins? “the fey’ri sorceress said, her voice all venom. Flames leapt to life inside the palm her left hand, while a green bubbling acid form in her slender right hand. Fear gripped the Thayan, but he made an effort to not reveal it.
“They know the best ways to take their vengeance out on those who would hurt their families,” Neriah purred in a low tone, right as she lashed out with her left hand, gripping the Thayan’s throat, and uttering words for an [i:1t00bfct]Acid Arrow[/i:1t00bfct] to launch out, point blank range though. The man screamed as acid tore into his throat, burning away flesh, blood, and eating away at bone and armor alike. It was then that Neriah uttered the second word for her other spell, and shot forth a [i:1t00bfct]Delayed-burst Fireball[/i:1t00bfct] from her slender right hand. The flaming ball impacted the Thayan, just as Neriah jumped into the air, and exploded.

Veraka had only a split second to pull his sword out of the injured Thayan and bring his shield around, whilst he crouched to absorb the brunt of his wife’s fireball. Heat washed over him like a tidal wave, licking at his skin, even beneath his armor; however, his shield took the worst of it, blackened all over from the fire. What was left of the Thayan lay there in a smoldering heap.
After a quick scan of the battle, Veraka saw that barely half of the original force of Red Wizards remained. He also noticed that his wife was now nowhere to be seen. So, Veraka Orden did what he knew how to do best; raising his sword over the battlefield, he rushed the nearest Thayan, intent on ridding Faerun of one more diabolical hairless wizard.

The dragonborn, Duhath, missed his swing completely, as the lich somehow evaded his attack. He hissed a challenge to the lich as he found the undead, and charged it again, not intent on missing this time.

“Be you undead by your choice or not, you shall fall!!”
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix