The Dark Moon RP v 1.1

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Re: The Dark Moon RP v 1.1

Post by Biot-Savart »

"[color=#4000BF:2tctn7ms]Stay here![/color:2tctn7ms]" Biot shouted to Nix as he went after Zyeke. As he reached the clearing just after Zyeke he saw the young dragon circling the ruins of the tower.

Biot stepped forward, into the clearing and shouted in a strange tongue. "[color=#4000BF:2tctn7ms][i:2tctn7ms]Calm down my friend, what seems to be the problem?[/i:2tctn7ms][/color:2tctn7ms]" The dragon seemed to calm down a bit as he looked in Biot's direction.

Biot - Half Drow half ..... (Class: Dragonlord)
Nix - Drow (Class: Arcane archer)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

((Sorry Biot, not a dragon, just looks like one. I did draw attention to the fact that it's wings weren't beating, yet it was flying :P))

The dragon looked down at Biot, but instead of speaking, its voice resounded through the dragon-lord's head, "Leave mortal, this fight is not yours to interfere in leave now." The message took a fraction of a second to relay, yet in that interval, the dragon's prey seemed to have sensed an opportunity, and a ray of azure light struck the beast right in the chest... and passed through. The dragon, nonetheless, roared in agony, and floated up into the air.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Bryzyne observes what is transpiring. Fighting a Dragon was not on her agenda today, especially one of that size and age. She turns to Cinder and the others. "Do we really want to engage a Dragon? I fancy living a long a healthy life."
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

The light flashed through the sky and before Cinder had time to think Adain's had her and Minasien in his grip and she was firmly planted safely behind him and a tree with Bryzyne not far behind.
" Maybe we should just obseve for now " she suggested. " Zyeke will signal when he has a corse of action desided upon "
Last edited by CinderSuru on Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Bryzyne nods. "Have you ever seen a Dragon like that? This one is huge compared to what I have seen."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((Tarlyn, I wrote it was small, barely an adult, so in DND game terms it is only a large dragon, as opposed to a great wyrm which can get to colossal in size))

Zyeke waited for everyone to catch up to him before turning to face the rest of the group. "It seems we are still in time to stop the theft. For now, we must bring down the thief, please do be careful it appears to be a mage of some power." As the monk spoke, he was pointing not at the dragon, but rather at what ever the dragon was chasing. Zyeke instinctively ducked down as the dragon made a pass over the group, its wings still not moving, nor was it followed by the expected rush of air from its passage. Obviously this dragon was just an illusion, yet when the beast opened its jaws, presumably to use its breath weapon, instead only a barrage of strange crystals flew from its mouth, to further reduce the foundations to a less coherent state.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder collected 4 acorns as she climbed a tall pine she found a group of branches and secure her stance under cover of several thick branches.
" Adain i have 4 acorn grenades " She wispered into his thoughts " i can see the mage clearly from here but i do not think he can see me " she said.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"I'll distract him," Adian said. "Take your shot when he's fully engaged. Unless he surrenders, of course."

He opened his Sight to see what he was dealing with ([i:23s0uuju]detect evil[/i:23s0uuju]), and darted out from among the trees as soon as the area was clear. As a dark elf he had a natural resistance to magic, and the blessings of the Dark Maiden had enhanced that resistance even more strongly. He was not stupid, however, not overconfident. He kept darting from cover to cover as he closed in on the spellcaster, trying to keep the "dragon"s position in mind as well, drawing his blade only when he got close.

"Whomever you are," he shouted in lightly accented Common from behind the remains of a low wall. "Stand down! There is no need for a fight!"
Last edited by Adian Novar on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Bryzyne observes the proceedings, curious. [i:1qubqolr]Like that will happen with a mage of this power[/i:1qubqolr] after the mage is asked to stand down.

After everyone has acted, she concentrates. Soon, the dark elf female disappears, reappearing behind the mage. The Plane Shift spell spent, she smiles, another spell ready.
Being behind the mage is advantageous for Bryzyne. She casts another spell, shadows manifest and the dark elf strikes with her Short Sword! Her second spell activates, dark shadows dissipating.

OOG: In game terms, Bryzyne gets 6d6 Sneak Attack + her spell Shadow Strike 1d8 per /2 levels. That is a total of:
[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/ ... /:1qubqolr]25 dmg for sneak attack[/url:1qubqolr]
[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/ ... /:1qubqolr]42 dmg for shadow strike spell[/url:1qubqolr]

Total of 67 dmg from attack and spell.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zilvtree moved, hidden in the shadows (move silently[/size:g7pfgtj7]). In one hand was a long black scepter, intricate design of loosely woven and twisted strands along it (rod of the Twisted Weave[/size:g7pfgtj7]). Dealing with a mage, it would be very useful. In her other was Spinneret (+3 Drowcraft Unholy repeating hand crossbow.[/size:g7pfgtj7]), a Belbol d'Elghinn (effect immediately, causing damage to the victim's blood vessels and causing dramatic and extensive hemorrhaging. Within minutes, the victim will gush blood from his mouth, eyes, nose and ears. He will have time to develop bruises all over his body before he mercifully dies.[/size:g7pfgtj7]) coated quarrel in the chamber and cartrage. She hoped to use the first one; the show would be entertaining that was for sure.
She moved, cloaked in invisibility provided by her piwafwi and natural skills. When she was in a good hidden spot, Zilvtree aimed and released the first bolt.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

Nix, not listening to what Biot told her, runs after him. As she reaches his side he steps in front of her, [color=#4000BF:5d20z4r1]"I thought I told you to stay where you were! Something isn't rite here![/color:5d20z4r1]" Biot said while pointing in the direction of the ruins.

Biot - Half Drow half ..... (Class: Dragonlord)
Nix - Drow (Class: Arcane archer)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The only response Adian got was a small pea of flames lobbed over the wall in the direction his voice came from, along with a mad cackle, "Your time is ending mortals. Our kind shall finally be free to rule for the ages, as your race is ground to dust beneath the boots of our endless undead legions." The wizard stuck his head out from around the wall to see the effects of his fireball, the male's white hair and dark skin clearly marked him as a drow. However, the facial features of this drow seemed blurred, but to those with true seeing, shifting between a skeletal frame with a pair of glowing embers for eyes. In the right eye a small blue flame barely fluttered, as if holding on with its last few embers, but in the left a solid crimson flame burned. As the wizard looked around, his eyes paused on Cinder, sitting in her tree, and for a brief moment it seemed as if the lich was about to wave, but the instant passed, replaced by a scowl and the beginning words to a lightning bolt spell growled through clenched teeth. The spell was cut off as the bolt fired by Zilvtree hit the mage squarely in the shoulder... but seemed not to effect him in any significant way, indeed it seemed to only invigorate the undead creature as the unholy energies in Zilvtree's weapon resonated with the dark powers keeping the lich alive. The poison coating the bolt was useless, since as an undead creature, the drow had no use for the vessels that had once pumped blood to a now still heart.

Bryzene's spell struck the wards around the skeletal mage... and burst apart harmlessly into an array of black sparks [i:2ztqmv0v]((Kinda winging it on this one... since from what I know shadow magic is either negative or cold... and liches are immune to both))[/i:2ztqmv0v]. The wizard's wards, weakened from absorbing the force of a crossbow bolt and a spell, crumpled beneath the force of Bryzene's blade, and it did seem to sting the drow, judging by the brief look of rage he shot towards the black haired drowess, but not nearly as much as one would expect from a surprise attack. In the blink of an eye, the lich had its sword drawn and raised, a blow aimed at this female who had dared to hurt him.

Meanwhile, Zyeke wasted no time in rushing up to the wall and leaping over it, and the mage. He landed, and it seemed as if his feet had barely touched the ground before the monk leaped at the mage, spinning around to catch him squarely in the head with a powerful kick. As the mage flew clear of his hiding spot, his shining mithral chainmail, and the sword sheath strapped to his belt identified him as more than an average wizard. The mage picked himself off the ground, and dusted off his shoulders, "Well now that was quite the kick... that might have hurt, but wards and all that." An obvious bluff, but in any case it hardly seemed to have rattled him. He raised a hand, and a stream of violet bursts of energy leaped from his fingers sending Zyeke flying backwards, bleeding from several wounds.
Last edited by NathreeDe'Shezbron on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

(( opps used the wrong action <<>> revised on Weds ))
Cinder was quick to respond to Zyete she jumped throw the trees to were he was and swiftyly climbed down, before she knelt down to heal him she summoned a pixie ally to distact the wizard >>>> http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/summon ... AllyIX.htm
She held her hands over Zyete and conjured enough healing magic to resore his formal health >>>> http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/cureCr ... dsMass.htm

Then she disapeared into the trees finding Adain she cast a Holy Aura spell around him and then climbed a pine behind him. >>>> http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/holyAura.htm " I will be moving around alot Adain he seemed to take an interest in me so i will try and stay out of sight and undetectable but i will not out of about a 100 foot range of you. " She wispered into his thoughts.
Last edited by CinderSuru on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The air around the odd-ball party erupted into a cacophony of chaos and noise as a very large portal opened up, and soon afterward, several noticeable wizards with shaved and tattooed heads came running through the portal, along with crimson plated fighters following; in two of the wizards' arms were two distinctive children, barely the age of three. Both of them were crying. However, a split second later, one more wizard came through, a unique dagger embedded in his throat, followed closely by very familiar fey'ri sorceress.
Neriah Orden, wife of Veraka Orden, flew through the portal, her eyes red as blood, her teeth barred, revealing twin sets fangs at the front. Dagger in one hand, a firebolt spell readied in the other, she sped towards the group of wizards. "I swear to you, Red Wizard, I will have your pride stuffed in your mouth before you see Kelemvor's realm!"

The fey'ri threw the spell at the Wizards whom were retreating, the sizzling firebolt only dispersed on a spell-shield that the wizards had erected. It was after this that a roar of rage came from the portal. Those who averted their eyes would see a very familiar shining juggernaut of a man come charging towards the group of wizards and knights. Behind the titan of a paladin came six more figures, almost all of them heavily armed and armored, all of them bearing a crest on their breast-plates that marked them as part of the Tempest Vanguards, the legion of troops that was commanded by the platinum paladin. With Veraka at the front, his sword, Marala Vharc leading the paladin's charge as he raced across the terrain. Among the group following him, three paladins in their full-plate armor, one of them strikingly unfamiliar; a [url=http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/D ... n:1rz12ykv]Dragonborn[/url:1rz12ykv] came out of the portal with the paladins, along with a couple of clerics, and one strange looking sun elf, whom was weaving his delicate hands through a series of spells, along with a one charging dwarf, who was drabbed in a monk’s outfit.
“Knight-Commander,” exclaimed one of the gruff looking male paladins that was following Veraka; “Hold up.” Despite this, Veraka surged forward, consumed by his rage and anger, and feeling only one thing; the desire to embed Marala Vharc within each and every single wizard that was in his field of view.

The Dragonborn looked over to the gruff one, and said “There’s no point; those heathen Red Wizards have his children. And have you ever seen him when his Rage is in full swing?” The grin crossed the scaly face of the dragonborn as he looked over at Veraka racing towards the wizards; “no, the commander will not be easily stopped.

It was just after that the dragonborn turned his head around and recognized the location of where Jormungunder’s portal had opened up to, as well as the battle raging just a bit from where they were. It was then that he realized that they were not alone in these ruins. His True Seeing allowed the dragonborn to discern that something truly evil was brewing within that battle, and that there were other holy warriors within the fighting as well.

“Lord Jormungander,” the dragonborn called, his voice carrying some edge to it; being dragonborn, he carried some resentment towards all of the draconic races; “we have a battle going on over there.” He pointed a taloned claw in the direction of the fighting.

“Then do not linger, Sergeant Duhath; join the fray and lend your warhammer to the aid of those whom need it. Garmug and I will take the rest of the men to deal with the wizards and I'll have Sir Veraka join you once the twins are safe,” the sun elf replied, his soft voice carrying the weight of command behind it.” He threw twin Lighting Bolts into the mix of wizards and crimson fighters right as Veraka reached the group and plunged Marala Vharc into the belly of one of the Red spellcasters. The Dwarven monk closed faster than one would’ve thought possible, and launching himself into the air, performed a reverse roundhouse kick, sending one of the crimson plated fighters careening backwards.

“Vanguards, rally on me!” Jormungander bellowed, his soft voice surprisingly booming into the air. With affirmative shouts, the remaining paladins and clerics closed in on the sun elf, and then followed him, blazing a path right for the fight that was commencing with the Red Wizards. The paladins, were throwing on Protection from Evil and Protection from Chaos spells, whilst the two clerics buffed themselves and the paladins with wards and mage-armor spells. One of the clerics managed to throw on some wards onto Duhath before the Dragonborn roared a challenge and charged off to meet the the mage that had attacked Zyeke.

Duhath gripped his holy warhammer with both of his claws, it’s Cold Iron head thrumming as it detected evil on the field. At near 7 feet tall, the dragonborn towered even over Veraka, and had the muscular frame to match it. He came upon his target faster than any man could've done, and swung his mighty hammer at the skeletal mage,
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Suddenly out of know where Verake and Neriah appeared chasing a group of impresive looking wizards in a bluster of havoc carring what could only be there twins . In hot persuit of Verake were 6 tempest Vanguards Cinder eye widened trying to make sence of it all but it did not take long to fugure out that there children were in danger which got her attention immediatly.
" Adain! " Cinder almost shouted into his brain " we must help Verake and Neriah their babies are in danger. "
Cinder did not wait for a reply but moved in the direction of the Tempest Vanguards.