Valhalla

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:uopu005y]The bartender laughs at Brettian's comment,
[t:uopu005y]"Aye..I get all sorts in here.In comparison to some she was rather mild. This plane isn't limited to humanoid's you should know. We got a red dragon in here one night. She was stuck in humanoid form as you can imagine, space being limited of course. But try explaining that to a p***ed off red.Suffice to say she did not stay here long. But tell me sir, is there anything you wish to speak off?"
Zakharra
Maid
Maid

Post by Zakharra »

Mayffyn took a deep breath and bows to the Yochlol. *In drow* "Yes, I am ready", and takes her hand.

Trepidation and anxiety curls and rolls in her belly. This was [i:m4x08pdm]not[/i:m4x08pdm] the way she'd been taught that the souls of the drow faithful were taken. Kelvamore was a human god, not elven or drow, so she'd been taught that nonhuman souls just bypassed his realm altogether on their way to the goddess or god that held claim to that soul.

Coming here and the brief time she'd spent in this odd realm, had seeded a bit of doubt in Mayffyn. She was still loyal, but wondered what else would happen that she'd not been informed of by her teachers and Matron Mother.

Her slim fingers close around the Yochlol's.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*Kadgama looks at the dark elves for a while, and waves Mayffyn goodbye. He turns to the bartender*

- I thank you for your hopitallity. It was nice, but I think I'll go and take a walk... See more of this place... Maybe eaven find that god or goddess....

*Kadgama gets up from his stool, nods politely to the bartender and leaves the tavern.*

- It's a nice day...Maybe some fishin' will do me good...
:3
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=red:3ings7tn]Brettian: Well, my lady is Eilistraee, but I am not quite ready to meet her yet. As you likely know, she is not a widely known diety, and this looks like an excellent recruitment opportunity for me.[/color:3ings7tn] ;)
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:2kirh7cf]The bartender laughs,
[t:2kirh7cf]"Aye, not well known amongst Faerun is my poor foster mother. But unlike you mere mortals the Gods have adequate time, and I am sure someday more people will come to know and love her for her gentle ways.What about you, lady half elf? What god or goddess do you follow?"
[t:2kirh7cf]"I am , or was, a paladin of Torm."
[t:2kirh7cf]She answers softly , not looking up from her drink. But she reaches inside her bloody armor and pulls out a pendant, that sparkles softly in the light. She looks at it forlornly and puts it away.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=red:z9ejs0nu]Brettian: "And how, milady, if I may ask, did you die? Battling dragons? Or hordes of gibberlings?[/color:z9ejs0nu]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:y4b5ij0c]She sits quitely for several moments, obviously relaying the moments of her life and death, before, finally, she speaks,
[t:y4b5ij0c]"As a paladin of Torm, I had decided I could better serve my god by becoming a Knight of the Chalice. I dedicated my life to the destruction of the foul minions of the dark hells, in the name of my God. I became known and feared by even the higher ranking demons for my skill and perseverance. Although I believe my god touched blade may have had more to do with it."
[t:y4b5ij0c]Her fingers trace lovingly over the hilt of the massive weapon on her back,
[t:y4b5ij0c]"But I made an error that would cost me everything. Including, I fear..my own God.
[t:y4b5ij0c]One night I destroyed a balor of immense power. He had in his dungeons a number of slaves, both elven and human. I freed them, but discovered one amongst them that was different. He was a tiefling, the son of one of the elven slaves the balor had captured, and the balor himself. I knew that although he seemed a good man, the taint in his blood would corrupt him eventually. Normally i would have slain him on sight. But he was a handsome man, despite the horns and tail, and I simply could not attack an unarmed man. So I let him go, hoping to never see him again. But he followed me, he simply would not leave me alone."
[t:y4b5ij0c]"I have never taken many casual lovers, most men find me plain and overly aggressive, too manish i have been told. but not the tiefling. He brought me flowers and chocolates. He stood outside my window and serenaded me at night. His voice was awful and the lines to his poetry were even worse, but he melted my heart .Eventually, may Torm forgive me, I fell in love with him."
[t:y4b5ij0c]" I even married him, and together we travelled the world and he aided me in my quest to destroy any demons or devils who dared to set foot on Toril."
[t:y4b5ij0c]"One night he came to me with information. another tiefling had told him that a succubus would be coming through onto Toril through a nearby portal. My husband told me that he would get more information and meet me there. It was a simple enough kill, I assumed, and it was. I made it to the portal and slew the succubus when it exited the portal. Only it was a trap. No sooner had I slain the succubus , then I found myself surrounded by some 20 demon kind. My husband never appeared, and I was slaughtered like a rat in a barrel."
[t:y4b5ij0c]"So I must ask you, am i doomed? Will my God forgive me for giving myself to the thing I swore to him to destroy, or will I be cast into the hells to be tormented by things who hate me for the hundreds of their own kind I have slain?"
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=red:1pxfiavm]Brettian:"To love is not a sin. It may very well be that the tiefling had nothing to do with the ambush, or do you have proof he did? Blood does not make the man, for what one becomes is one's own choice. Heritage and upbringing may influence a person's choices, but those choices are his, and his alone, to make." *pats Nedylenes (elf) pc's shoulder ((whatever her name is.))*[/color:1pxfiavm]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1es948ve]She looks up at you with giant green eyes that betray her elven ancestry, with the tilted corners. You can see the tears that well up in those eyes as she speaks,
[t:1es948ve]'But I swore to my God to destroy demons. All demons..how could he forgive me for giving myself to one?"
[t:1es948ve]She whispers then,
[t:1es948ve]"How can I forgive myself?"
[t:1es948ve]She breaks into heartrending sobs then, this powerful looking woman, whimpering softly to herself,
[t:1es948ve]"Oh , Valen..How could you?"
ooc..sorry had to do it..
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=red:ry2x2ypo]Brettian: "As I said, his demon heritage did not make him a demon, and his choices were his own to make. You couldn't know his demon side would prove dominant to his elven blood. It isn't your fault and if your god doesn't accept that then he is no god worth worshipping, He who cannot forgive."[/color:ry2x2ypo]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:209n9t70]She turns to look at you, her bloody face streaked with tears,
[t:209n9t70]"Thank you , sir, your words are kind.Perhaps there is hope for me yet."
[t:209n9t70]Suddenly the door to the tavern opens with a bang and a male voice cries out,
[t:209n9t70]"Kiera!"
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*Kadgama came to the lake and rested under the cool shade of a rather big tree. After a while he went to a twig, tied some rope onto it, du a worm out and tied it. All you have to do now is wait...*
:3
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=red:38be0p54]Brettian:*looks over at the newcomer.[/color:38be0p54]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:j96n9vst]A man stands in the doorway, still dripping with blood and viscera. Whether it is his own, or someone elses is hard to tell. He races across the room towards the half elf paladin, her mouth has dropped open in seeming shock.
[t:j96n9vst]As he races past, his long tail and the small horns on his brow are apparent, even amongst the blood of his battles. When he reaches the paladin, he scoops her up from her stool, embracing her so tightly he lifts her feet from the ground. Although she is clad in full plate, he doesnt seem to notice the weight, only whispers the name,
[t:j96n9vst]"Kiera.."
[t:j96n9vst]As he brushes her blood sticky hair back from her brow, and kisses her cheeks.
[t:j96n9vst]She merely stands , quiet and still in her husbands embrace, her eyes still wide in shock.
[t:j96n9vst]After a long moment of silence, Kiera finally whispers,
[t:j96n9vst]"Valen.. I .. I thought you had betrayed me."
[t:j96n9vst]He pushes her back from him, hurt apparent on his features.
[t:j96n9vst]"Never, my love, I would never..We both were betrayed by my informant. I was waylade on my journey to you, and by the time I got there. Oh Gods, I was too late. I saw your broken body and I went mad. The demons who slew you were gone, but the portal into the abyss remained. In my madness I leaped into the portal. "
[t:j96n9vst]His face contorts a bit in rage as he speaks,
[t:j96n9vst]" I slew every dam@#% demon that crossed my path. I left a line of demon corpses in my wake , until , finally, I was overtaken and they brought me down. But I didn't care, I only wanted to be with you. "
[t:j96n9vst]Tears ran from both their eyes , as the husband and wife embraced and kissed one another.
[t:j96n9vst]"Tell me love,"
[t:j96n9vst]Valen said,
[t:j96n9vst]"Would your God accept me? For no God have I, yet I would not be parted from you."
[t:j96n9vst]Before she could answer they both look about, suddenly remembering they have company.
[t:j96n9vst]"Ur, sorry, fellows, we seem to have forgotten anyone else was in here."
[t:j96n9vst]Valen said,shifting uncomfortably.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=red:3uqlxt2c]Brettian: *smiles in an annoying, patronizing way*[/color:3uqlxt2c]
Life before death
Strength before weakness