Valhalla

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Valhalla

Post by Nedylene »

[t:31sr0gsx]The sun is shining brightly here upon this fair meadow. You can hear birds chittering in the trees that bordered the meadow, and the slight gurgle of the brook that runs through the middle.
[t:31sr0gsx]The grass and the trees are green and filled with life, small flowers of various colors shoot up all around it. A doe and her fawn are munching on some of the plant life.
[t:31sr0gsx]Suddenly a bright light illuminates the serene surroundings. The doe and fawn are startled and bolt for the trees, their white tails flicking in panic.
[t:31sr0gsx]The light fades, revealing a woman. She lays in a heap on the soft grass. She is tall and well built, but her ears come up into points, revealing her elven ancestry.
[t:31sr0gsx]She stands up stiffly and looks around. She is dressed in chain mail, and holds a bloody greatsword in one hand. The woman, too, is covered in blood, so much so her long hair is stiff and sticky with the viscous substance.
[t:31sr0gsx]She sees no enemies about, and so sits back down in the grass . She reaches towards her back for her pack , but it is no longer there. She curses and grabs several handfuls of grass , and uses it to wipe the blood from her blade.
[t:31sr0gsx]She moves then to the brook to take a drink, but doesn't bother to wash the blood from herself.
[t:31sr0gsx]A small voice pipes out,
[t:31sr0gsx]"You don't need to do that you know.."
[t:31sr0gsx]The woman stands immediatly , turning all around with her weapon ready , searching for the owneer of the small voice.
[t:31sr0gsx]She sees a child, sitting on a rock. The rock is a large one, and the little girls fett dangle over the edge. The warrior woman was certain the little girl was not there a moment ago.
[t:31sr0gsx]"I don't need to do what?"
[t:31sr0gsx]"Clean your blade.."
[t:31sr0gsx]The child laughs, hopping down from her perch and approaching the warrior woman, without a hint of fear at her bloody state.
[t:31sr0gsx]"Your chosen God will get you a better one, providing you have a chosen God of course."
[t:31sr0gsx]The warrior woman seems to pale through her mask of blood,
[t:31sr0gsx]"I am dead, aren't I?"
[t:31sr0gsx]The little girl smiles kindly and then you see the great white wings that protrude from her shoulderblades, white feathered wings.
[t:31sr0gsx]"Yes, Kalistra, and this.."
[t:31sr0gsx]The child extends her arm out towards the meadow all around her,
[t:31sr0gsx]"is Warrior's Rest."
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*The white light reapears again, and from it and ibixiri appears, wielding a greataxe soaked in blood. His eyes where wide with anger. He howled loudly, semding eckoes through the whole valley. His hand went throgh his torso stopping at the heart, as if searching for the item that sent him here. He stood there on his knees trying to grasp his own demize.*

- HOW?! HOW DID THAT WORTHLESS HUMAN DEFEAT ME, HOW?!
:3
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1xde1wvl]The angel child and the half elf turn to look at the blood soaked man.
[t:1xde1wvl]The half elf grunts and says,
[t:1xde1wvl]"I can sympathize, do you know how many demons I have killed, just to have been finished off by a puny hell fire dragon? It wasn't even a very big one."
[t:1xde1wvl]The angel child smiles at the both of you,
[t:1xde1wvl]"There is a tavern just inside the woods where you can go and rest before you are claimed by your Gods.Just follow me."
[t:1xde1wvl]The child starts towards the woods, her tiny feet beneath her white dress are bare, and getting dirtier by the minute.
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

*The Goatfolk stands to his feet, now allowng to see him fully. Standing at 6 feet, and a rough 300 pounds.
His body was covered in thick shaggy fur. His torso was prottected by a decorated suit of studded leather. Nice for the eye, it also gives good protection. The greataxe, so large, eaven for it's standards, was covered in hte blood of a hundred humans, and they're dogs and horses. The slightly curved horns were well cared for.*

*He walks over to the half-elf, his pride still hurt badly.*
- My name is Kadgama. I am...was the Warchief of the Longohorn tribe. We contolled a small portion of the grassy steppes, and foothills surrounding the Blackcap Mountains. It was particularly fertile. Unfortunately to local human tribes found out and tried to destroy us to get to the land. I survieved many fights, but this last one...*he shook his head no to think of it, and coninued* Shall we follow the child to the tavern?
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=brown:qpc0iw4b]Brettian Dragonsword: *white light appears again and a drow figure materializes on the grass and lets out a moan. He picks himself up off of the ground and sees everyone heading off toward the inn and follows, at a distance, sheating his scimitars.*[/color:qpc0iw4b]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:23bvq3k4]The child starts leading you towards the forest, and at the sound of a new arrival turns around in the direction of the drow.
[t:23bvq3k4]She calls out and beckons, her voice is still small and sweet , but has an unusual quality to it that allows it to carry far.
[t:23bvq3k4]"Welcome to Hero's Rest, sir drow, we head now to a tavern for refreshments."
[t:23bvq3k4]She turns back then and continues forward, through the trees.
[t:23bvq3k4]The forest is thick with overgrowth and she follows no discernable path that you can see. You are not certain if it is but an illusion , but the trees and brush actually seem to move out of your way as you all follow the child.
[t:23bvq3k4]She leads you to the middle of the forest, to a large hill.
[t:23bvq3k4]"It's right in here."
[t:23bvq3k4]You can see nothing, only the hill, which more resembles a mound of some sort upon closer inspection.
[t:23bvq3k4]The child walks up to the mound and places her hand upon the earth. A group of runes lit up on the hill side, revealing the shape of a door. The runes grow brighter and a door appears.
[t:23bvq3k4]The child opens it and leads you all in.
[t:23bvq3k4]"I have to go back now, for any others. Besides,"
[t:23bvq3k4]She pouts a bit,
[t:23bvq3k4]"My momma says I'm not supposed to go into taverns."
[t:23bvq3k4]She turns and goes back out the door, leaving you in the large room.
[t:23bvq3k4]The tavern is illuminated by a large fireplace with a roaring fire in the back and several large candalabras in strategic locations about the room.
[t:23bvq3k4]You can see another door in the back, and there are several tables about. A large bar dominates the front of the room.
[t:23bvq3k4]Behind the bar stands a a surprise. Smiling cheerfully at you from behind his tusks as he rubs a tankard with a large clean cloth, is an orc.
[t:23bvq3k4]"Greetings, what can I get for all of you?"
[t:23bvq3k4]The orc asks, another surprise in that he is extremely well spoken.
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

*Kadgama took a seat at atable near the bar. He asked the orc for milk and honey, and waited rather eagerly for it*
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:ovgddg6r]The orc gives Kadgama a puzzled look, but goes into the kitchens and comes out with a mug of the requested beverage. Then he leans back, large arms wrapped around his chest, waiting for any more orders.
Zakharra
Maid
Maid

Post by Zakharra »

A light flashes in the meadow, within it comes a scream, filled with pain and anger. It fades, leaving a dark skinned, long white haired woman lying on the ground. Her body is curled up. When the light fades, she slowly uncurls. Slim limbs shaking as she sat up, running her hands over her body to see how she was.

"What the Abyss happened? How did that filthy rat get away? Goddess.." The drow woman draws her knees to her chest, breathing hoarsely. A hand comes to her chest, rubbing between her breasts.

"Ow...." Wincing, she straightens, looking around the meadow. "Where am I?" She asks in drow.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1egtjrgi]You see a small girl child exiting the woods that surround the meadow. She is wearing a long white dress, and her tiny pink toes stick out of the bottom. On her back are a pair of large white wings, too big to allow flight, but cute none the less.
[t:1egtjrgi]Although she appears human, with the exception of the large wings, she smiles at you, unafraid, and says in perfect drow,
[t:1egtjrgi]"Al'doer ulu Sea'an's V'dre ... Qualla flohlu uns'aa."
[t:1egtjrgi](Welcome to Hero's Rest..Please follow me.)
[t:1egtjrgi]She motions to you, and waits to lead you through the forest.
Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

The sky erupts with an excessively large ball of flame comes flying down into the forests. Within minutes a very large orc man walks out of the forests brandishing a huge great axe. His heavily scarred skin is a mottled blend of blacks, and greens. Scraggily black hair that recedes covers his shoulders. As he gets closer you all notice that the only clothing this individual wears is a fur loin covering; that while large does not leave much of what is underneath to the imagination. :uh-huh: He lumbers towards the group with his cautious eyes flitting here and there. As the rest of you stand there watching this lumbering orc make his way towards you the wind blows fiercely. The stench of body odor is nearly enough to kill small animals, the rankness of his leathers is nearly enough to send you running.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:2had922v]I'll have some morimatra, please.[/color:2had922v]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Zakharra
Maid
Maid

Post by Zakharra »

The drow woman is covered in blood. It soaks her supple chain and most of her body. Wincing, she sits on a nearby rock, running a hand over her head. The tight braid her long white hair is in, is half undone. The loose locks, matted with drying blood and sticking to her back, shoulders and the side of her face. From the grass beside the rock, she picks up a bloody mace.

[quote="Nedylene":sjuojk66][t:sjuojk66]You see a small girl child exiting the woods that surround the meadow. She is wearing a long white dress, and her tiny pink toes stick out of the bottom. On her back are a pair of large white wings, too big to allow flight, but cute none the less.
[t:sjuojk66]Although she appears human, with the exception of the large wings, she smiles at you, unafraid, and says in perfect drow,
[t:sjuojk66]"Al'doer ulu Sea'an's V'dre ... Qualla flohlu uns'aa."
[t:sjuojk66](Welcome to Hero's Rest..Please follow me.)
[t:sjuojk66]She motions to you, and waits to lead you through the forest.[/quote:sjuojk66]

She stands, holding onto the top of the rock, her legs weak.

" Who are you and what is this place? Hero's Rest? Where's the rat bastard that I was fighting?"

She watches the girl warily. Her gloved hand gripping the bloody handle of her mace. Hefting it as if she wanted to use it to brain the winged human girl. Her musings are disrupted by the sudden arrival of the orc.

Instinctively facing the obvious threat, she runs her eyes over him, evaluating him. A sneer curls her lip and one hand rose to cover her mouth and nose.

"Goddess.. ever hear of bathing? Your stench could kill a dragon."
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1rin45gf][b:1rin45gf][i:1rin45gf]In the tavern[/i:1rin45gf][/b:1rin45gf]
[t:1rin45gf]The bartender produces your morimatra with a skilled flick of his wrist, and looks about
[t:1rin45gf]"Anyone else?"
[t:1rin45gf]The half elf warrior has seated herself by the bar and seems to be very petualant,
[t:1rin45gf]"Just an ale.."
[t:1rin45gf]"An ale it is then."
[t:1rin45gf]The orc hands her the ale and then looks about the bar again and says, still smiling broadly, revealing teeth in very fine condition for his race,
[t:1rin45gf]"Anyone else? Now I know you all have questions, and an orc of answers am I."
[t:1rin45gf]He laughs at his own joke before continuing,
[t:1rin45gf]"I think I heard more guests arriving. As soon as they get here I will answer any questions you may have."

[/b][t:1rin45gf][b:1rin45gf][i:1rin45gf]In the meadow[/i:1rin45gf][/b:1rin45gf]

[t:1rin45gf]The child just smiles at you, unintimidated by your weapon and the arrival of the half orc.
[t:1rin45gf]"As I said this is Hero's rest, or Warrior's rest, whichever you prefer. As for the rat naughty word, I really couldn't say. This is a temporary resting point for hero's who have died in battle. I am only here to lead you to the tavern where you will await your chosen deity to come and fetch you."
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=red:1dclih27]Brettian Dragonsword: *waves at the ibixian, inviting him over to sit next to him at the bar.*[/color:1dclih27]
Life before death
Strength before weakness