Valhalla

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zakharra
Maid
Maid

Post by Zakharra »

Mayffyn looks at the bartender with a quizzical expression on her face. "I have to tell you and them", her hand waves to the others in the room, "a story? Why on Lolth's Web why should I do that?" She was truely puzzled. Telling stories? What had she fallen into?
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:3ot811l4]"The purpose of this place, Lady, is to aid your spirit in accepting the fact that your body is dead. To clear your mind, so to speak, for your ascension. Everyone here has died in battle and left behind unfinished business. To rage at your own death and mourn the loss of all you had striven for will hinder your ability to move on to your Gods.As any priest will tell you it helps to talk about these things in order to accept them. If you feel that you have truly put your 'mortal coils' behind you, then it will not be necessary. In that case, you need only call out the name of your Goddess and if she believes you are ready, an avatar will be sent for you."
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*Kadgama looks at the drow.*

- Come, let us know your story. All of our prides are hurt. It helps to talk about it.

*Looks to the bartender*
- Can the lady have another drink?
:3
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:37brs5ml]He smiles,
[t:37brs5ml]"If the lady desires one.."
Zakharra
Maid
Maid

Post by Zakharra »

She shot a glance at Kagdama. "Why should I tell you? I died. What else is there to know? I knew I would die eventually. We all die. It's a fact of life. I'm not pleased that I died, but I accept that I have. I have devoted my life to serving Lolth and I'll take the reward She gives me. "

She turns and looks at the floor for a moment, running a hand thru her damp hair, then looks at the bartender. "I'll have that drink. Azrue wine."
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

- And what reward is that?

Get stuck in a hole filled with webs? Personally I got nothing against spiders but spending eternity in a web-filed pit ain't exactly heaven.

And how do you know you served her well? and how do you know she eaven cares? She didn't probably eaven notice you got killed by a rat. Wich is also a good reason to completly forget about you...

*Looks off into the distance trying to figure out how can somebody be killed by a tiny rodent*
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:2d27jy87]The bartender pours a glass of the wine the drow lady asked for and hands it to her , then he stands back, arms clasped, listening to the two entirely different people talk to each other.
Zakharra
Maid
Maid

Post by Zakharra »

She takes the glass, sipping it slowly, eyes on the one talking to her. "It was a wererat of large size. A barbarian wererat. I was on a raid, to take slaves and procure some fairie elf sacrifices for the Queen's alter." She smiles wickedly. "We got the slaves and fairies I killed a priest of the weak god, Correllon. He fell all to easily."

Mayffyn settles on the stool, sippng the wine. Brushing back a lock of hair tyhat fell across her face, she continues, "The were was a surprize, him and his band. He was the last and would have soon fallen after he killed me." A tiny frown crosses her face and she rubs her chest, eyes going distant at the last memories.
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

*KAdgama remains silent. He's tring to grasp the wererat barbarian thing*
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=red:2eu7mrw7]Brettian: *tries thinking of appropriate barbarian name for wererat and a mental picture of a seven-foot tall half-rat-looking thing. The names Ratgar the Rude and Mousegar the Mighty come to mind.*[/color:2eu7mrw7]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Zakharra
Maid
Maid

Post by Zakharra »

Mayffyn came back to herself with a snap and drains the glass in one long gulp. Setting it down gently, she stands, running her fingers thru her blizzard hair again. "It's not important. I'm dead and soon will be wiht my Queen. What you think of it", a long nailed finger stabs at the questioning halforc and the other one, "means nothing. If I could kill you, I'd do it for the amusement value, your worth little else."

She shrugs, leaning back against the bar, elbows propped up on the bartop.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:2fg1ro7k]The bartender laughs at the drow's last statement,
[t:2fg1ro7k]"Well, if you feel you are ready lady drow, then merely call out to your goddess and an avatar will appear.In the meantime,"
[t:2fg1ro7k]he looks about the bar,
[t:2fg1ro7k]"Does anyone else wish to tell their tale? How about you, lady half elf?"
[t:2fg1ro7k]he looks towards the bloody half elf woman who still sits quitly nursing her drink.
[t:2fg1ro7k]"I do not think anyone really wishes to hear my story, besides my 'inner demons' are not so easily vanquished."
[t:2fg1ro7k]She releases a snort of laughter that seems extremely forced.
Zakharra
Maid
Maid

Post by Zakharra »

Mayffyn gave the godling bartender a inscrutable look, and silently glances around the room. Then she left and went immediately to the room she'd gotten. inside, she locks the door and walks over to stand before her armor and slightly damp padding.

Long fingers run lightly over the embellished metal. If looked at closely, scenes of drow killing Elves, dwarves and other races were seen. Of males, females and children being sacrificed to Lolth, raped by demons and the dark glories of the Spider Queen. Her fingers linger on the symbol of her House. With a shake of her head, she drug the dress oiver her head and dreses in the padding and armor. Taking her time to prepare properly.

When she was ready, Mayffyn drew her weapon, holding it in her right hand, and held her holy symbol in the left. Calmy, far more calmly on the outside than the inside than she apeared on the outside, she says, "Lolth, I am ready , my Queen."

And waits... a bit nervous and anxious....
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:3cnlhbc3]A bright light fills the room. When it finally dims you see a drow woman before you. With dissapointment you see it is not your lady, but merely a yochlol. She speaks to you ,
[t:3cnlhbc3]"Ph'dos kr'athin ulu thalra udossta Valsharess?"
("Are you ready to meet our Queen?")
[t:3cnlhbc3]She holds out one ebon black hand, and you can see her fingers end in sharp claws.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=red:4po5x6og]Brettian:Finally, that Lolthian is gone, she was making me sick.[/color:4po5x6og]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination