Nymaru Island: subthread 2

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

I smile back at Zaklathan when he kisses my hand.

"I'm quite sure you mean no harm to me" I answer in ellitherese "and I'll be there early, although I'm not sure if they'll wanna come, lol, and again, thank you"

After Makasta and Raven answer to Zaklathan and Zaklathan leaves I sigh inwardly and turn to my friends

"Well, thank you too, guys. If you weren't here I'm sure I wouldn't be here now... now I hope noone else comes to disturb. Let's go. My house's behing my father's blacksmith shop. Let's go surprise him first, ok?" I wink at Makasta and Raven and head to the blacksmith where my father's not expecting to see me.

As my father's probably working in something and not looking at the entrance I look around whatever weapons he has to show for regular customers.

"Hmmm... I've been told this's the best blacksmith in town, old man" I half joke, not expecting for him to recognize me "but... as I'm a sorceress I don't think you could have something of use for me... maybe my friends here would like you to show them something special" and if he looks at me I'm smiling at him warmly, my eyes water in happiness and emotion and my arms are wide opened for I want a hug.

"Yes, dad. I'm home" I say slowly with a bright look in my eyes as I've wanted to see my family in a long time.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Nymaru Island subthread 2

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=midnightblue:135cby6y]Raven tenses himself as the males start getting more fiesty and talking in there own language, becoming even more tighly condensed inside as he prepares to lash out to defend the woman and his companion, not really caring about himself being hurt. At Ibns' reaction to what the lead male hissed at her, his hands go toward his sword hilts, drawing them in the blink of any eye, as he sees the tales start lashing on the three males and Ibn, thinking a fight is about to erupt.

He starts back as the newcomer comes in to aid them, holding himself in chech as he sees that the male is wearing a uniform and not the clothing that the other three are. When the male hands him the vial of potion he takes it with a gracious smile, [i:135cby6y][b:135cby6y]Thank you kind sir, for both the aid and this.[/b:135cby6y][/i:135cby6y]

Hearing the tone in the males voice and Ibns' reaction to what he says, the drow smiles to himself, thinking from the reaction to the words that he may have an idea what's going on here. As the female turns to lead him and Makasta away toward the blacksmith shop he notes that something seems to have changed about her, but isn't quite able toput his finger on it. Her words to the man in the shop however, help in identifying what it was that he saw in her, a feeling of homecoming and reunion. One of great love and exitement at being able to see her family again.

Wistfully looking at the father and daughter that are now reunited, Raven turns his face away in sadness, knowing that he can never go back to his family and recieve anything such as this from them. The only thing that awaits him if his family happen to catch up to him is death at the end of a sacrificial knife to their dark goddess Llolth.[/color:135cby6y]
Eilistraees' jusron kus trelao waer'honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:3snfxfq1]The large ellithyri male behind the counter at the blacksmith shop can only stare in awe for a few moments, finally he whispers,
[t:3snfxfq1]"Ibn.."
[t:3snfxfq1]The large man half jumps half flies over the counter, his great black wings unfurling and knocking over an assortment of well made weapons that hang on the walls.But he is oblivous to the possible damage. He grabs his daughter up in both of his strong arms, and squeezes her hard.
[t:3snfxfq1]The spikes that protrude from both his elbows and the length of his long black horns betray his age. This is an old and possibly very powerful ellithyri male, but the look on his face as he hugs his daughter is that of any parent upon seeing his child after a long period of seperation.
[t:3snfxfq1]He finally pushes Ibn back, cupping her chin in his clawed hand gently and looking her over, as if perusing her for damage.He speaks to her then in ellithyrese,
[t:3snfxfq1]"I should tan your hide for leaving us like that, your mother has been sick with worry."
[t:3snfxfq1]Then he turns, noticing the two drow males in the room,and he speaks in common,
[t:3snfxfq1]"Who are your companions ,daughter?"
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

As I see my father half jumping and half flying over the counter I don't even flinch and wait for him with my arms opened. As soon as I feel his embrace I start crying, tears not of pain or sadness, but of happiness, emotion and joy, and put my arms around him in a tight embrace myself. When he pushes me back I keep holding him for a while untill I calm down a bit. Then I look into his careing blue eyes while he checks me for possible damage. I check him for possible damage for the way he jumped and knocked those weapons down.

"Daaaaad..." I say in common so everyone can understand "I... missed you so much!" *sobs* "didn't you get my letters? I swear I wrote you every month" *more sobs and stop sobbing* "I missed mom too and my brother, and I'm... sorry. I though we all agreed on that when you payed foir the bill and mom put me in the ship..." I say before introducing Raven and Makasta.

"Dad, these are my friends. Raven and Makasta" I show him to each of them "I've been travelling with Raven for a year more less now. He's also part of the crew in the Jade Star. We arrived late last night, but with the storm the ship sunk, and we met Makasta this morning in the castle. He was summoned here. Both of them, and also Zaklathan helped me to come here in one piece. A bunch of drunk idiots attacked us in the streets but they were very brave and helped me. Raven, Makasta... this is my father, Aaris, the best blacksmith in town"

I wait for a while and after all the presentations are made I ask " And dad... where's my mom and brother? how are they? I want to see them. I want to surprise them."
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:g52yuyqs]Ibn's father goes the shake hands with Makasta and stargazer ( making an assumption they accept) and says,
[t:g52yuyqs]'Aye, since the noble families troubles started the queen has had to let in some underground illithyri that before we would not allow to lick our boots. But is has been necessary. Your mother is back at the house, and believe it or not, your little brother has been accepted at the warrior guild for training.He is there right now, but will be back in a few hours. Yes, daughter, we got your letters, a few of them anyways, but none for the last 5 or 6 months. So worried we have been.
[t:g52yuyqs]Tell you what, let me shut up shop and we can all head over there, i can smell your mothers cooking already.'
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

I sniff the air, feeling the tasty smell of... probably my favourite...

"HUMMM... don't tell me... she's cooking chicken with cream and peanuts?" then I look around and try to hear something I miss a lot

"Where's my Pajarito?" I say, remembering that my familiar, a peregrine hawk, should be around here somewhere
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:wyk2op5j]Perhaps hearing his name, you hear the beat of wings behind you.
[t:wyk2op5j]Rushing in from an opened window comes the small bird, in his claws a 'present ' for his mistress.
[t:wyk2op5j]The raptor drops a dead mouse on his mistress's shoulder, hovering a bit as he waits for her to raise a gloved arm for him to land.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

[quote="Nedylene":2y27vwp7][t:2y27vwp7]Perhaps hearing his name, you hear the beat of wings behind you.
[t:2y27vwp7]Rushing in from an opened window comes the small bird, in his claws a 'present ' for his mistress.
[t:2y27vwp7]The raptor drops a dead mouse on his mistress's shoulder, hovering a bit as he waits for her to raise a gloved arm for him to land.[/quote:2y27vwp7]

"PAJARITO!!!" I scream when I see him come flying to me and dropping the ddead rat in my shoulder "I MISSED YOU SO MUCH! I'LL NEVER LEAVE YOU AGAIN! what did you bring me here? Uh... a gift for me? how kind! thanks!I also brought you a gift, you know? but we need to get my luggage so I can give it to you, so later, ok?" I put on a long glove that I take out of my pocket and raise my gloved arm to recieve him and I go to give him a kiss when he lands on my arm "Pajarito, this are my friends, Raven and Makasta. They're good friends so be good with them, ok? and now... I really think we should go to have lunch. dad says mom's worried sick and I think so was he, what do you say? was this old grumpy concerned?" I laugh, knowing he was. "Ok, let's go?"

(Note: I really think someone else but me and Nedy needs to post... It feels like a 2 persons game here!)
Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

Makasta shakes ibns fathers hand; "good day to you sir, i must say your armory is quite impressive. Much better than most i've seen." Seeing ibns feather friend enter the room, smiles taking note of the large talons that carry ibn's 'present' and laughs heartily. Looking at the hawk says " I do not believe ibn desires to dine on rodents. Ibn that is an impressive animal; why did you leave him/her here ?"
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Nymaru Island subthread 2

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=midnightblue:2p4hkjed]Raven accepts the hand put toward him by Ibns' father and gives a half bow as well. [i:2p4hkjed][b:2p4hkjed]An honor to meet you sir, after hearing so much about the wonderful weapons you craft.[/b:2p4hkjed][/i:2p4hkjed] He looks over to the young lady at this point and winks in her direction. [i:2p4hkjed][b:2p4hkjed]I must say as well that I have to agree with my counterpoint on the quality of your shop. There aren't that many left around these days that display such fine weapons.[/b:2p4hkjed][/i:2p4hkjed]

Ah her familiar comes in the drows eyes snap toward the magnificent creature and a look of respect and awe crosses over his face. [i:2p4hkjed][b:2p4hkjed]I've seen many a beautiful bird, but none quite so magnificent as this one.[/b:2p4hkjed][/i:2p4hkjed] The ranger, knowing how a familiar would react to him trying to contact it through his animal communications abilities would react, just smiles and goes on about his business, which was looking at a pair of finely crafted bastard swords haging on the wall.

With his eyes locked on the great weapons, he'll probably be left behind when the rest of them take of for the home of Ibn and her family.[/color:2p4hkjed]
Eilistraees' jusron kus trelao waer'honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

Hearing Makasta's words and then his question on why I left Pajarito here I chuckle and turn to look at the Drow.

"Oh, he brings me gifts from time to time... is not for lunch, but his way to say he missed me, but sometimes, when I'm really hungry and they're still warm... well, ok, you don't want to know, hahaha! and about why I left him here..." I frown at this "when I left the island I had to leave so swiftly that I could barely pack some clothes and my favourite wand and I couldn't find him. My brother promised to take care of him untill I came back, though, but I will NEVER leave him again" I answer to Makasta, then I look to Raven, understanding and I smile friendly at him.

"Yes, he's one of a kind, my friend" I say to Raven, and I whisper something to Pajarito.

("Why don't you go and say hello to Raven, Pajarito? he likes birds and nature, and he's my friend. He won't harm or try to catch you, and then you come back to me, ok?" Is what I whisper to my feathered friend and I let him fly to Raven, the DM decides what the bird does.)

After whatever the bird does and come back I chuckle "Father, why don't you lead us to the house? I want to give mom a surprise" I smile at my dad and pat him with my free hand.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1e8frdav]The small raptor lefts off from your arm and crosses the room to Stargazer, while the drow is inspecting weapons. He lands on the man's shoulder , and starts busily inspecting his white hair, nipping a bit as if tasting the hair.
[t:1e8frdav]Ibn's father grins,
[t:1e8frdav]"Well let me shut down shop and we can head back to the house. Your friends are more than welcome to join us, you know your mother cooks to feed an army."
[t:1e8frdav]The large illithyri man goes to the door and closes and locks it, right in the face of an astonished customer. He takes a sign out and hangs it on the door before turning back to the three of you. He walks up to Ibn and offers her his muscular arm.
[t:1e8frdav]"Off to see your mother now, then?"
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

I smile to my father and hold his arm, then I rise my gloved hand again for Pajarito. "Come, Pajarito"

"Sure, dad, lead us now. I'm starving" and I grin, showing my fangs, to make it clear that I'm really hungry.
Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

Looking at ibn says" Well i pray you enjoy your dinner with your family, certainly they have missed you greatly. I woud not want to press into your family business ibn, i'll stay here with raven." As makasta says that there is a hint in his eyes and his body language that says he'd rather stay at ibns side, not for the fact that she will in danger but that he enjoys her company more than most people.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

I look at Makasta and then to Raven and smile sincerely

"Look, guys, you're my friends and every friend of mine is welcome in my house, right, dad? besides I won't take a no for an answer. We're all going to have lunch. My mom cooks so good and she cooks for an army, besides she doesan't like anyone to leave any food on the table and if I eat so much I'l become fat which I don't want, so please come" she begs to her friends and looks to her dad to help assure them of what she's saying.