Nymaru Island: subthread 2

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Nymaru Island: subthread 2

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1lam1vtr]Ibn and Makasta leave the castle and head down towards the town below, where Ibn's parents live in their home behind the black smith shop her father owns.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Re: Nymaru Island: subthread 2

Post by Sabaal »

While I walk with Makasta and Raven, feeling better and with my wings still wrapped around my body, like a cape, I talk to them before we get home, and smile almost as cheerfully as before.

"I wonder how my parents thought princess Mara could know about my whereabouts... but I guess she can, since the gods speak to her, right? how silly. But... stop talking about me. Tell me about yourself, please, before we get home and my mother starts asking me so many questions that I can't even speak :lol:"
Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

Looks over at Ibn: "Well as for myself i was born and raised in the underdark. I grew up within the house of Glannath and due to my comly looks was made a 'servant'." Makasta spits out the last word like it was a vile food substance. "Many years ago when i was barely a man the other servants liked to play cruel tricks on me such as pouring mild spider venom into my milk in the morning and place displacer kittens in my room for me to 'discover' early in the morning. One day in particular i had bested one of the other servants at a game of bones...one at which he was obviously cheating at but it seemed i was the only one to have caught on. So in turn i slipped a slight poison into his drink when he arose from his chair while the other kids were fighting over who won what. When he returned; he drank deeply. Not but a minute later he fell to the ground shaking and grasping at his throat. He was quite dead. Heh..something my dear mother had shown to me..something i saw her do to my very father. At the time i had not noticed but during those formative years the guild misstress always watches the young. Seeing how they are; guaging what talents they excel at and where best to place them." Makasta looks to raven and ibn to see their reactions and continues. " I became rather good at doing to others what i did to the cheating little boy. I had a special talent for it; it seemed. Something Lady Dy'sharin of the assassins guild liked...and eventually she took me into her fold. But not in the sense you might think. She...." Makasta trails off looking to the ground for several moments before continuing. "Ahem. She decided she'd keep me around in her 'personal' environs rather than train me...keep me at the age of 65 her little boy pleasure slave. Yes indeed the underdark is a perverse place." Looking downward in shame for his apparent bluntness on such a subject. " Sorry... i don't even know what made me spill my guts like that..ahem...eventually to make a long story shorter, i killed the bitch that held me back..killed her in the same fashion i learned over those past years. And then i actually went to work for the matron mother herself. On one particular mission i was given i was supposed to go above ground to slay a particular rebel drow follower of eilistraee..It was my first real job, one that i knew would elevate me in the matrons eyes. It was a high priestess within the temple in waterdeep, i crept into her room late in the evening bypassing all guards except the few i needed to kill. When i approached her lying body within the bed i struck deeply into her chest. But she disappeared. I felt the coolness of a blade pressed near my throat and i let loose of my dagger. She knew of my name...claiming the Dark maiden had plans for me...this priestess knew of the many rebel drow i had taken down by my very hands. Unlike tyrmers case she did not give me a choice; quicker than i could respond she laid a geas upon me...One that i would follow the Light Into the Light...meaning that i had to follow the path of light to the surface and dwell only there. So i was then upon the next day made to work with a man by the name of Kierdan MacAliester..a paladin of torm no less. Through the next 10 or so years of my life he taught me of the light...of religion and of free choice. And that sometimes in life the gods need us just as much as we need them, and that s ometimes our free will and even our lives need be put down for the greater good. It was roughly a week after this when we past a farm house burning up and orcs all around it. In the top of the house i could see one adult and 2 children. I did not think, i just reacted. Kierdan took to the orcs as i rushed inward..into the very flames themselves....I made it up to the people and managed to get them down before the room collapsed on me." Makasta stops to take a drink from his flask and to lite a smoke. " I awoke else where to see.." Makasta's eyes water some as he says this next, its as though this was a very emotional event "I saw the Dark Maiden above my battered and broken body. Pain and her face...those were the two constants then...her beautiful voice over rided the first two..she told me that i had indeed walked and fulfilled my geas...but she asked me if i wanted to face final judgement or to live. Naturally i choose to live; but she said that i would forever bare her mark, that if i chose to i could serve her. To be of her Choosen. I think she saw into my heart, that it had changed and that i was NOT the person i was years ago and thusly i've been a devote and WILLING servant to the lady ever since." Makasta looks at the beautiful bracers he bares; smiling and smiles to the listeners.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Nymaru Island subthread 2

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=midnightblue:6r0t380b]Keeping his eyes on his surroundings, Raven listens to what both Makasta and Ibn are saying to one another, even though he appears lost in his own little world.[/color:6r0t380b]
Eilistraees' jusron kus trelao waer'honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

The three of you head on to the city, where you can see a small group of 4 ellithyri men coming out of a tavern.Even this early in the day they stink of liquor. They get a glance of Ibn and stop what they are doing. Raw hunger is apparent on their features. They start to approach the three of you.
Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

Realizing the actual danger within this makasta says "Hail and well met !" To the drunken illithyri. While watching them cautiously stepping slightly ahead of Ibn to protect her. Makasta stretches putting his hands behind his head; but in reality is readying his action so that if they become violent he can strike without being off guard. " Ibn, raven lets be cautious. Illithyri are dangerous when drunk and realizing that there is a female illithyri near by...as you know your gender is rare...and illithyri males have no issues with rape..." Watches the illithyri and how they move.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1r94co8b]One of the males sneers drunkenly at the three of you, but you see his eye is solely on the elithyri female.
[t:1r94co8b]"Oh come, little pretty,"
He says to Ibn,
"Surely you have better protectors than these."
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

I put a hand over Makasta's shoulder when he talks about his past and sees sorrow in his eyes

"It's in the past, Makasta.I reacted like that with the vampire there not because he did horrible things but because he looked like he had such a disrespect for life and Tempest's feelings that made me mad. Not mainly what he did."

Then she looks at Raven "Thanks for comming, I really appreciate that"

When the drunken ellithyri come closer I cross my arms under my wings, grab the paralizing wand in my belt, as if getting ready to fight.

"I know, Makasta. Thank you. I'm ready with my wand and some spellsif needed."

And answer at what the male ellithyri says when he assumes Makasta and Raven are not capable defenders. I shake my head and move my free hand index finger no-no.

"Don't misjudge them. Friendship gives strength"
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Nymaru Island subthread 2

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=midnightblue:3dymntcx]Raven smiles and nods to Ibn when she turns and thanks him for coming and takes note of the sway and swagger in the mens steps, realizing that even though they are drunk, there not as drunk as they seem. Watching the men and listening to what's being said between them and his two companions, the drow seams to completely relax, even though in all reality, he's coiled like a snake ready to strike.

Keeping a close eye on the on the ones at the back of the pack, the drow appears not to notice the one that's flinging insults, but any one thinking that would be making a serious mistake. Smiling to the speaker of the group Raven speaks in a calm even tone, [i:3dymntcx][b:3dymntcx]Good day to you sir. Kinda hot though if you ask me. Why don't you go back inside where it's cooler than out hear in the blazing sun and cool off some more, and maybe after the lady has taken care of her buisness she might just drop by and speak to you.[/b:3dymntcx][/i:3dymntcx]

The whole time he's talking Raven is slowly moving forward, placing himself ina position to block any attempts to reach Ibn, even if it happens to cost him his life to protect her.[/color:3dymntcx]
Eilistraees' jusron kus trelao waer'honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:112np20b]The ellithyri who had been speaking hisses something in a tongue only Ibn can understand,
[t:112np20b]"What good will it do to lay with such as these, no child can they awaken in your womb?"
[t:112np20b]The ellithyri men start to crouch over, you see they bear no weapons but their long barbed tails are whipping back and forth and dripping a clear fluid.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

I put a hand over Raven's shoulder and whisper for only Raven and Makasta to hear.

"They don't need no weapons. be carefull with the tails, for the fluid you see is a powerfull, deadly poison"

Then I answer to the man talking to me, my eyes narrowed to be almost a line each. This made me so upset, is just the reason why I left the island, so my words to him are a hiss in the same lenguage.

"What do you care who awakens children in my womb? What do you care what I do with MY WOMB! I ALREADY CHOOSE A MATE" and the next I say it in common so everyone can understand "So besides harrassing me... do you have anything really important to do here or could you just let me finish my business? If you want you can wait for me in the tavern and we could fix this later or you could just take a hike. I have no time for this bullshit now!" and for the angry tone I'm using is obvious that what the male sayed upsetted me badly. Even my tail shows how upset I am for it is whipping anxiously on the ground, leaving a pond of poison there too
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1uouqt0u]The male hisses a string of ellithyrian insults , and lunges forward tail poised for a strike on Makasta.But before he has a chance to make his potentially deadly strike, a dark shadowed figure leaps in front of him.
[t:1uouqt0u]In surprise, the ellithyri strikes at the shadowed figure, but the man only laughs before hissing at him in ellithyrese,
[t:1uouqt0u]"Did you really think you could hurt me with that?"
[t:1uouqt0u]The man who assisted you glances back at the three of you.Makasta and Stargazer recognize him as the ellithyri male who was teasing the barmaid in the tavern, but Ibn knows his name..it is Zaklathan.
[t:1uouqt0u]Zaklathan snarls in common at his drunken kindred,
[t:1uouqt0u]"Get out of here before I rip off your wings, tail and horns and turn you into drow."
[t:1uouqt0u]The drunken males bolt, and he turns back to the males behind him,
[t:1uouqt0u]"No offense meant there...Are you alright, Ibn?"
Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

Looking to the illithyri male in front of him with an appreciative smile says " Thank you good sir. I am certain that wouldhave been detrimental to my quest in whole." Laughs a bit, looking to ibn who seems very upset. " I know none of what they said to you...but i pray you are alright. I am certain all they said was nothing but crudeness meant to taunt you into action." Looking at her with obvious worry as his words seem to do little in the way of comfort.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

OOC: First I'll answer to Nedylene's post and then Makasta.

As the male starts insulting me I take out my paralising wand, ready to fight and not willing to let any of those insults pass untill Zaklathan makes his intervention, but I'm so enraged that I can't make it out it's him untill later, when he actually talks to me and asks if I'm alright. I'm alright, but quite in shock now that on my 5 senses again.

"Zaklathan... I'm... I think I'm alright, but I..." I start to smile slowly "I almost loose my head with those idiots"

I smile back at Makasta this time and answer to him "First they asked why I was with you two if you couldn't... well..." I blush as deeply as my dark skin allows me "... have children with me and then, as I sayed that I do what I want with my body and all that you heard me saying later, they started insulting, and that's when I felt my blood boil and almost loose my head, but now I'm fine, thanks :)"

Then I looked at Zaklathan again and talk to him in Illithiri "you saved us, thanks... what I sayed... about choosing... " I blush deeply again and look down "a mate... did you hear it?" I say, hoping he did, but I'm really, really nervous now and I put my wand again in my belt, hands shaking for the nervousness. I hold his hand and say in illithiri, still embarrased "I was going to visit you later at the barracs. Maybe we should meet somewhere else" and I let his hand go with the thought that maybe he doesn't want any more.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:33227r1k]Zaklathan smiles and bends over your hand, kissing it,
[t:33227r1k]He says quietly in ellitherese,
[t:33227r1k]"Meet me at the park tonight, you may bring your companions , if only to assure you I mean you no harm."
[t:33227r1k]He turns back to Makasta and Stargazer,
[t:33227r1k]"I would accompany you all if I could , to protect the lady, but I fear my military duties keep me too busy. But I would gift you with these, they will assist you."
[t:33227r1k]He holds out two vials of green liquid,
[t:33227r1k]"This is the antidote to our venom. You must take it immediately after being poisoned, for the neurotoxin acts quickly, locking up your muscles."