Nymaru Island: subthread 2

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:39zlb11n]Ibn's father smiles broadly at the two of you, revealing his own fangs,
[t:39zlb11n]'The two of you would certainly not be intruding. We do have plenty, and don't worry, we always save the big kegs of drow blood for when we don't have company."
[t:39zlb11n]The large man laughs, leaving the two drow males rather uncertain whether or not he is kidding.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

I wait untill any of the guys says or do something, but seing they don't I just grab them by the arms.

"Oh, come on, guys, of course he's kidding! or is he??? LOL" and I follow my dad, dragging Raven and Makasta to my house with me.

(OOC Note: Could we please speed this up? anyone else post?)
Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

Makasta smiles a ibn, walking cheerfully with her. "i can not wait, and not to mention that i haven't even eaten yet." makasta's eyes glance playfully at her, and the shine within indicates he is very pleased with going to lunch with her and her family.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:38ujhqhf]Ibn's father takes his daughters arm and leads the three of you out the back door of the smithy. Behind the smithy is a small patch of grass filled yard and a few flower beds. Behind these is a small but very nice house.An illithyri woman steps out of the front door and seems ready to say something, but gasps in shock and runs down the yard practically screaming in her joy,
[t:38ujhqhf]"Ibn!"
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

As soon as I see my mother's expression I jump over the gate and run to hold her tight

"MOM!" I kiss her many times and keep her in my arms tightly "Mom, I missed you so much! you, and dad and my brother..." I can't hold my tears again and just cry right there in her shoulders, with a big smile in my face, then I look at her face, trying to memorice it.

"I'm so glad to be home... let me introduce you Raven and Makasta, my friends." I motion Makasta and Raven to come closer "Raven is from the ship and we met Makasta this morning in the castle. Mom, I have a gift for you, but we'll have to wait untill my things are dry. I left everything in the beach, in a big chest." I smell the air in delight "I smell you made my favourite food! I missed your kitchen too!"
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1bjbo17j]"Well come on in, all of you, its time to eat."
[t:1bjbo17j]Just as the two of you are about to enter one of the guards men rushes up to Ibn's father. he speaks to him in ellitherese.
[t:1bjbo17j]"Sir, there has been another attack. On the princess this time."
[t:1bjbo17j]His eyes widen,
[t:1bjbo17j]"By the Gods, is she alright?"
[t:1bjbo17j]He answers, once again in ellitherese.
[t:1bjbo17j]"Yes sir, we managed to stop the assassins. But just like the other ones, the only one we managed to keep alive killed himself as soon as we captured him."
[t:1bjbo17j]Ibn's father sighs and rubs the muscle on his back, the one between his wings that bothers their kind so badly.he goes to speak, but ibn's mother interrupts, again in ellitherese,
[t:1bjbo17j]"No, you, Ibn and her companions will come inside and eat before you go traipsing off to the castle. Your niece is fine, and there will not be another attempt so soon. "
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

(OOC: I didn't know Princess Mara was my cousin)

I look at my mom in confusion

"Mom... don't you think dad wouldn't be very easy if he didn't make sure she's fine? I can stay anyways, although I am concerned, but if dad needs to go...well... is his decision. I'd like to eat with all of us together, though"
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:3i9osejq](ooc...i was thinking of storm there..but it could work the queen has several brothers one of them could be married to ur dads sister..)
[t:3i9osejq]"No worries kitten.."
[t:3i9osejq]Your dad says,
[t:3i9osejq]"The princess is fine for the moment. After we eat however I will go over there. Do the three of you wish to join me?"
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

I raise my hand and jump happily

"I'm in! but first we eat!"
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:36ylid6s]The meal with your family is pleasant and your parents ask you and your companions many questions about your adventures. Being the secretive races the nymaru and ellithyri are, neither of your parents have ever left the isle, so they are intrigued by your stories of the lands away.
[t:36ylid6s]As you are eating there is a knock on the door. Your father steps away from the table to answer it.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

As my parents ask me about everything that happened when I was away I tell them with luxury details everything, how the cities out of the island are, about the deserts and all kind of amazing things that can't be found in the island. Some things may seem routinary for Raven and Makasta, but surely not for 2 people that have always lived so secluded within the island.

As the door's knocked and father goes to open it I clean my face with a napkin and look at mom and my friends "Excuse me, please. Curiosity's killing me" and I go to see what's dad doing, but I hide behind a wall and check while hidden, trying not to be seen by whoever's knocking the door.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

You can see behind the door, speaking to your father is the ellithyri male you had spoken with earlier. The one who had ran off the drunken males.
[t:5xm0zn81]Although you had missed the first few sentences that the two had said you can tell your father is angry.The male speaks to him in soft ellitherese,
[t:5xm0zn81]"You know I would never allow anything to happen to her."
[t:5xm0zn81]"Aye,"
[t:5xm0zn81]Your normally gentle natured father snarls,
[t:5xm0zn81]"Like you never allowed anything to happen to your life mate?"
[t:5xm0zn81]The male cringes and you cann see the pain that spreads over his features.
[t:5xm0zn81]"I will never be forgiven for that , will I? Even if it was hardly my fault. But if you truly believe i am unworthy I shall step aside. I had only hoped..nevermind what I hoped. I have also come to tell you that there will be a service at sea for the seaman who died. I though your daughter and the man Raven would wish to attend. if so , I am to accompany them."
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

As I see Zaklatan at the door, speaking with my father my eyes grow bright and I feel my heart speed, but as I hear the nature of the conversation my expression slowly turns to a more and more serious one, listening to what my father says about something happening to his life mate and the pain that comes to his face.

[i:1vj3s7pr]"Poor Zaklatan, what happened to his mate? maybe he really is innocent"[/i:1vj3s7pr] I think as I step out from my hiding spot and approaching my father so silently and lightly that he cannot hear my footsteps.

When I hear that he's here to take us to the service for the dead men at the sea I speak all of a sudden "I want to go and I'm sure Raven will want to come too as they were our friends" then I look at my father "Dad... If it wsn't for Zaklatan I wouldn't be here now. He's the one who saved me from the drunk men at the tavern... and I'd like to listen to him before judging him. As far as I know he's a good man and whatever happened in his past he deserves a chance to fix his mistakes. If the gods can forgive a vampire..." I say thinking in the judge of the vampire earlier this same day, and I know I don't know if Kelemvor forgave or not the vampire, but I'm assuming he can be redeemed by the love that tempest showed "... why cannot mortals forgive as well?"

I smile at Zaklatan "Why don't we go over there and talk?" I say, motioning him to come and take a seat in the garden with me "I'll be fine, dad. I'll just be in the garden and then we will go to the service later, ok?" I wink at my father and kiss him in the cheek and then I hold Zaklatan's hand and lead him to a wooden seat where we can talk. There I seat and sigh and look at him and pat for him to take a seat by my side.

"My father's very over protective with me, but you can't blame him, right? Well, Zak... I'm noone to judge you, but I'd like to know what was all that about if you want to tell me. I need to trust in whoever I choose to be my mate, right?" I wink at him and smile, trying to encourage him to talk.

My garden may be small garden but is well taken care and a good view.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:10j0jrat]Despite the glower on your father's face, Zaklathan takes ibn's arm and the two of you head out into the garden behind your home. Despite the chill in the air many of the flowers bloom still and the scent of them is sweet . He leads you to a bench and seats you, before sitting down himself.
[t:10j0jrat]He sighs and runs a hand through his long white hair.
[t:10j0jrat]"Where should I begin? You wish to know of my life mate, I shall tell you. You know how protective our kind are of our females. You rare and special creatures, one of the only creatures that can even survive coupling with us.My life mate's name was Kiera. She was rescued from the underdark where she was a drow slave.She was far younger than me, little more than a girl really, but when my pendant glowed for her, I rejoiced. For she was a sweet and loving girl, and the most loyal and honest woman I have ever known. She had an gentle innocence about her that even her time as a slave had never ripped away."
[t:10j0jrat]"But her loyalty to me, and my doting proved to be her downfall. I was to be sent on a solo expedition into the underdark, to search for a cavern that was said to be the home of some of our kindred.I knew the way there and expected little trouble. So she asked me if I would bring her along, she did not wish to be seperated from me. I should have told her no, but she begged me so sweetly , and truth be told I did not wish to tell her goodbye, if even for a couple of months. '
[t:10j0jrat]"So I broke our laws, and our steadfast traditions. I brought her with me. We had only traveled in the underdark for a few weeks when we stumbled into a beholder den. It had never been there before and took me by surprise.I fought them and slayed many of them, but my beloved Kiera perished."
[t:10j0jrat]" I carried her body back to the isle, broken and blooded as I was. I buried her by the ocean she loved so well. The townspeople almost had me executed for my crime in taking a female off the safety of the island. Though the council may have found me innocent, the townspeoples never have.Though it has been close to 200 years ago that my Kiera perished, I do not think I will ever be forgiven."
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

(OOC: What's the life rate for Illithiri? because you sayed previously that Zaklathan was joung)

As Zaklathan's talking about his life mate and how she died I look at him with interest and my face doesn't change much while I'm listening. I'm always serious and respectfull, but never judging.

After he finishes the story and says he thinks he will never be forgiven I sigh.

"Well, if I ever have a life mate and I happen to die he'd have to bury me in the ocean as well," I look at the horizon, to my beloved ocean with sparkles in my deep blue eyes "and I'd like him to get his life back." I, then, look to the ground "I can't blame you for what happened. You two just wanted to be together..." I smile slightly and chuckle softly "I have lived the life of an adventurer and I'm sure I wouldn't like to stay in only one place, but if I ever die I'd like to die in the arms of someone I love, at least my dearest friend, whoever that is."

I take his hands between mine and look into his eyes while talking softly "I'm glad you trusted me and let me give you an advice: forgive yourself. I don't have a pendant, you know? but I don't think I need it... not that I don't want one, but was one of the reasons I left the island. I don't want to be put into "auction" and so I left" I wink at him.

"We still have a date tonight at the park, right? and now I think we have to go to the service? or is it later?" and I wait for his answer.