Nymaru Island: subthread

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Nymaru Island: subthread

Post by Nedylene »

The guards drag you away from the castle and down the hill to the temple that awaits you below.
You see on the large double doors before you two symbols.On one door is the scales of Kelemvor, on the other the lightning bolt of Tempes.They take you through the door with the scales upon it, and you soon see yourself in a room.
It is dominated by pews and a large statue of the God of death and judgement. A priest steps forward, stereotypical of a priest of Kelemvor he is, with his dour expression, but he is a nymaru male, and watches you intently with bright green eyes.
"You may leave,"
He tells the guards who push you away from them rather rudely, one stops long enough to whisper in your ear in cold voice,
"Don't worry..you will get your wish.Kelemvor would never allow a scum like you to continue on this plane."
Then they walk away briskly, leaving you with the priest.
"Step forward,"
He says, motioning towards the monstrous statue.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

The vampire steps forward towards the statue, finally it seemed he was soon to leave this pathetic excuse for "life."
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1ainh075]You see the statue looming before you, and for just a moment it seems as if the statue has become flesh, and leers at you.
[t:1ainh075]A bright vivid light swirls up all around you, bright enough to momentarily blind you. You feel as though you are hurtling through space, so fast you can feel your hair blow back.
[t:1ainh075]But just as suddenly, it stops. You stand in front of a monstrous castle, in front of you, a massive door. The castle is carved from pure obsidian, and shines in the darkness all around you.
[t:1ainh075]Behind you is a long line of people, all races and forms, stretching out into the horizon, but you stand at the front of the line.
[t:1ainh075]The massive door in front of you swings upon and you see before you a throne room. Inside, a man sits on a throne of bones. The hand rests are skulls with sharp fangs, vampire skulls obviously. The man is pale as death, with sharp gaunt features and long black hair. He is wearing shining plate mail, that seems to glow through the darkness all around him.
[t:1ainh075] He stares at you with eyes as black as an under dark night, eyes that are vacant of any expression.
[t:1ainh075]“Step forward, Johannes Le Forgeron, and face your judgement.”
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Johannes stands still a moment, not recognising his own name. He realises he is being referred to by the fact that he is in the front of the queue, and the woman behind him gives him a slight poke in the back. Johannes, he thinks, he recognizes it but can't remember it being his. He walks forwards towards the man on the throne, presumeably Kelemvore, God of Judgment and the Dead.
Titles:

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:16fuo3qy]The man looks upon you with a grave expression, (ooc..baaad pun) and motions to his right.At his right are a set of scales, held up by a skeletal hand.
[t:16fuo3qy]"Johannes Le Forgeron, ye shall be judged."
[t:16fuo3qy]The God Kelemvor holds out one long thin white finger, pointing it directly at you.A green light rises up from inside you, and spreads all around you, forming into a line.
[t:16fuo3qy]Kelemvor directs the line with his finger, motioning it to the scales beside him.When the light hits the scales, it illuminates them momentarily and then seems to be absorbed into the item.
[t:16fuo3qy]With a morbid creek the scales shift into position.One side of the scales is white, the other black.You can see that when the scales finish positioning themselves, that the black side is a few inches lower than the white.
[t:16fuo3qy]"Johannes Le Forgeron, ye have been judged...lacking."
[t:16fuo3qy]Kelemvor says, his features still void of emotion, but he continues.
[t:16fuo3qy]"In a case such as this, I will allow you to call upon someone to speak for you.Would any of the Gods speak for you, or is there a mortal below who would do so?"
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Johannes considers this. He was lacking, that meant he would be destroyed which is what he wanted. But everyone around him was saying that was the easy way out, and he remembered Lilith's kind words to him in the inn, but that was probably just her general kindness. Then he remembers Tempest's kindness, and her tears when he was led away from the trial. "I know of no god that would speak on my behalf whom I would wish them to as I cannot remember which deity I revered in life." He looks down ashamedly. "I do however know of a mortal who might be willing to speak on my behalf. The Nymaru woman, Tempest."
Titles:

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:2aty4le7]"Then I summon the nymaru maiden, Tempest."
[t:2aty4le7]Kelemvor's voice fills the darkened chamber, and you canhear the heavy doors behind you swing open yet again.It is Tempest, in the pretty blue gown she had worn to your judgement.Her green eyes are still red from weeping, and she looks very frightened to be here, but she sees you and her face lights up.
[t:2aty4le7]"Step forward, Tempest Willowsong, Lady of the House of Willowsong and niece to the queen."
[t:2aty4le7]She steps forward on trembling legs and goes down on her knees before the Lord of the Dead.
[t:2aty4le7]"Tempest Willowsong, will you speak for this man?"
[t:2aty4le7]She swallows audibly and clears her throat,
[t:2aty4le7]"I will speak for him, My Lord."
[t:2aty4le7]"Then tell me why I should grant him leniency, when the scales would tell me otherwise."
[t:2aty4le7]Tempest stands and breathes in deeply, steeling her courage she looks the God in the eye and begins to speak.
[t:2aty4le7]" I know better than many how difficult the blood lust is to fight.I know how it would drag you down paths that you would normally not follow.But this one has fought it bravely.He pushed it back and attempted to redeem himself.No one has ever heard of a full blooded vampire doing this.Also , I.."
[t:2aty4le7]She reaches in to the neck of her gown, pulling out an amulet.When it is directed near you, the amulet starts to glow.It is formed as two nude figures entwined, holding a gem in their clasped hands. It is this gem that glows so brightly.
[t:2aty4le7]"If Tempus did not find him possible of redemption, would he have been chosen as a suitable life mate for me?Apparently Tempus sees something of worth in him, or this would not glow so brightly in his presence."
[t:2aty4le7]Kelemvor's face actually seems to soften, and he reaches into his own shirt and pulls out a similiar pendant.It however, does not glow , but his face seems to soften in the thought of the one who makes it glow.Kelemvor turns his head to face you,
[t:2aty4le7]"Johannes Le Forgeron, I know you do not understand the meaning of the pendant around this maiden's neck, so I shall explain it to you.Long ago, The Willowsong family recieved a gift from Tempus.When they are in the presence of one who's soul is attuned to theirs, one who would make a worthy life partner for them , this pendant that they are gifted with on their age of consent, will glow brightly.If both of you should choose, then a ceremony would be performed, binding your souls together as one."
[t:2aty4le7]He turns to look at Tempest again,
[t:2aty4le7]"Would you be willing to perform the ceremony with this man, and join your souls together?Knowing that if he should fall, then you should fall with him?"
[t:2aty4le7]She closes her eyes, and says in a soft whisper,
[t:2aty4le7]"Yes, my Lord, I would..."
[t:2aty4le7]"Then Johannes Le Forgeron, if you gave you back your soul, would you bond with this woman, knowing that if you should fall back into your evil ways, she would fall with you?"
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Johannes looks aghast. "My Lord, and lady. I went to the island of the Nymaru to seek destruction because I did not think I could hold back my thirst for long so my fall would eventually be guaranteed. If I did this then the lady's fall would also be guaranteed." He stops for a moment. "But if I had a soul then I migth be able to withstand it. Might I have a moment to think about it my Lord?"
Titles:

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1sr0tps3]"Time is irrevelant up here,"
[t:1sr0tps3]Kelemvor replies,
[t:1sr0tps3]"Take as long as you will, you can go into my garden, if you like.It is the third door on the left."
[t:1sr0tps3]Tempest looks at you with her bright green eyes,
[t:1sr0tps3]"Do you want me to go with you, or would you rather be alone?"
[t:1sr0tps3]She asks, in a soft voice.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

"I would like to walk alone a while but you are welcome to walk with me." The vampire says, extending the crook of his arm to Tempest for her to take. He then leads her out into the garden, not knowing what to expect from a garden on the Fugue Plane.
Titles:

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:2oaw23zb]She takes your arm and the both of you go out the door Kelemvor mentioned into a moon drenched garden.
[t:2oaw23zb]For a moment you think you are back in Faerun, for above you shines the twin moons you have come to know so well, but one look around you reassures you that you are not.
[t:2oaw23zb]The flowers that bloom here are not like any you have ever seen before, blossoms of the moon they are and seem to soak up the twin moons soft glow as if it were sunlight.
[t:2oaw23zb]Wandering through the garden and stopping to trim and prune here and there, is an ethereal gardener, who passes right through the both of you as if you were not even there.
[t:2oaw23zb]You see a small pond, the koi that swim within are skeletal however, which is vaguely humorous to behold.Beside is a small bench, nestled in the shadow of a weeping willow tree.
[t:2oaw23zb]The branches on the tree actually seem to weep.Every once in a while a small clear droplet falls down from the tree as if it were raining softly, but it is not.
[t:2oaw23zb]There is a small inscription on the seat of the bench, it reads:
To Mystremvar Willowsong,
My chosen, my love...though time and death may seperate us, our bond shall remain eternal.
[t:2oaw23zb]Tempest sits down on the bench at looks up at you, cloaked in the shadows of the tree she is, but her green eyes seem to glow through the darkness.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Johannes wanders a while, contemplating his name. It has been a decade at least since he could remember his name, and three decades since he could remember... He resolves to ask Kelemvore before the end. He turns his attention to his company. "Why... Why did you choose me?" He asks Tempest.
Titles:

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:gbpncn5j]"It is not so much a matter of my having chosen you, as that the Gods have chosen us for each other.Where we go with this is entirely up to us, but Tempus has seen something in you, something that complements me, when this.."
[t:gbpncn5j]She holds up the pendant around her neck,
[t:gbpncn5j]"Glows it means I am in the presence of the person, or persons that the God's think would make a suitable life partner for me.With a life span like ours, that is a big deal.The Gods have meddled much in our families relationships in the past, partly to bringback the nymaru and increase the number of the ellithyri, but also because they know that an idle life is not ours to have.They know that we will often go out into Faerun to do the duty that we, expecially The Willowsong, are given. They choose us these mates also becuase they will be our helper and companion in our work on Faerun.For who better to trust as a traveling companion and battle mate than one who's soul is bound to yours."
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Johannes nods. "I'm not sure what good qualities I have that might complement you." He walks on some more. "If you did this it would be incredibly hard. I don't think I would want to do it unless you are sure you can take it. I wouldn't want to be responsible for hurting you."
Titles:

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:3fnw2jgj]"Perhaps Tempus saw that of all the people on Faerun we are the most likely to understand each other.The battle you fight is the same battle I face every day.The magic upon me helps me keep from surrendering to the blood lust, but it is still there.Below the surface, grinding at me.I have few friends amongst my own kind, for no one knows if someday I might snap, and attack them.Not to mention the fact that the vampire in our bloodline is a trait we have been trying to breed out.None of my own kind wishes to breed with me for this reason.
[t:3fnw2jgj]"When I look at you, I see the same loneliness that I feel, that sense of being cut off from even your own kind.I cannot say that I am not frightened, for I am.I am terrified at the prospect of joining , for I do not think you comprehend how deep a bond this joining is. But at the same time,"
[t:3fnw2jgj]She blushes and looks away,
[t:3fnw2jgj]" I am a maiden , sir. Because of what I became at my turning, no man has even been brave enough to kiss me. Although many of us are given multiple choices in a life partner, and some of us even take multiple life partners, I do not know if I will be given another choice.Although the men among us are free to take lovers as they wish, this is simply not done amongst the women.We only lay with our life partners. You may be the only man I could ever.."
[t:3fnw2jgj]She blushes more deeply,and whispers,
[t:3fnw2jgj]"You know..."