[CAMPAIGN] Once upon a midnight dreary....

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

[CAMPAIGN] Once upon a midnight dreary....

Post by Nedylene »

You are walking down a dank corridor.One of many in the depths of the Underdark.You have not seen any vestiges of civilization in weeks, not since you last passed that old dwarven ruin. All you have seen have been a few displacer beasts and a pesky beholder that has left you with a persistent ringing in your ears. But your mission from the Queen is still before you. Find the home of the elithyri and kill them, all save the girl children who you must bring back as slaves.
Last edited by Nedylene on Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

Makesta walks warily down the dank corridor keeping alert for the durger who usually assult those whom travel alone. The few whom have crossed his path usually are exterminated withing a quick few seconds, and those who are tougher and escape learn to regret crossing his path. Grown, and raised within the Assassin guild within menzoberranzan, makesta has learned the rule of one strike one kill. Going further upwards he can sense the emanations of the underdark leaving him, and that alone makes him more on edge. Cold, heartless and efficient as a skilled killer, the queen picked him because he was naturally capable of going above ground and always made his mark. He stalks forward, hearing a small group of durger ahead and around a corner. Through the course of 2 hours, makesta leads them outwards into the caverns via prestigitation and other spells attained by his skill as an Assassin. After his last kill, a note falls from the durgers pack. Scanning it briefly it indicates that the durger are planning on making attacks to slay the illithyrii and take ALL of them for some strange reason. Hopefully...makesta thinks, hopefully they won't be coming to Shadowdale, which is where i am going. If they strike there it won't matter...durgers are brutes, not very good strategists, and will likely attack in mass. It could serve as a distraction...hmmm Of course makesta thinks....Elminster resides there....i best be careful.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

You travel on, unperturbed by duergar or other underground minions.Mainly due to the fact that you are venturing closer and closer to the surface.Before long you can smell the strange scent of above ground air. As you continue following this the darkness starts to fade away, and the corridor before you is illuminated by the wicked day star.
Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

Taking the vestments of a drow assassin off, and the gear associated with such i take great care to look around to notice any onlookers before doing such. Noticing none, i put on the vestments of a lone warrior, strapping the long sword to my hip and the bandaleiro of daggers to my upper thigh. Putting on a large billowy dark brown cloak, pulling the hood over my face to avoid the dreaded day star. Being something of a tracker i look around the area to discern if there's been any activity recently.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

The only tracks you see are those of animals.A deer walked through here recently , following it, a bear. You can see the woodlands stretched out before you.In the distance, Shadowdale.
Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

Taking note of the path to shadowdale i walk cautiously downward, staying in the shade if nothing more than to evade the vile day star. Upon arriving at shadowdale i go to find a tavern as we all know thats the best place to find anything... and anyone
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Just outside of Shadowdale,looming into the heavens you can see the granite form of Old Skull.In front of it you can see a group of foolhardy adventurers, preparing themselves for a joint into the underdark below.They more than likely have a death wish, for they are young and seem vastly untried, and the packs they carry are large enough that they will cause some encumbrance to the adventurers.
At one time you would have been tempted to follow them down there and show them what the Underdark is really all about.But today you have no time for such thing.
You can see the Old Skull Inn ahead of you, and this is where you head.