[ARENA] A contest of styles

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

[ARENA] A contest of styles

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=red:2vexjkal]A lone drow male stands in the middle of a fighting pit awaiting a single combatant, her name being Isto's Dalhar. The male stands as still as statue, his twin bastard swords riding on his back and his celstail chain gleaming. After a few moments of standing stock still he folds himself down indian style and meditates, awaiting his challenger and the begining of the contest.[/color:2vexjkal]
Eilistraees' jusron kus trelao waer'honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Again?
:3
Isto's Dalhar
Maid
Maid

Enter: Tengu No Mai (Dance of Heavenly Dog)

Post by Isto's Dalhar »

[color=darkblue:7335j0pd]The doors to the arena open slowly. [i:7335j0pd]Twilight Lanterns[/i:7335j0pd][/size:7335j0pd] (oriental paper lanterns that contain a tiny fire that burns without fuel)[/size:7335j0pd] seem to 'hover' over the ground in a single file line on their own accord[/size:7335j0pd] (or were they?)[/size:7335j0pd] , dimly shining in the darkened arena. Silence in the pit...only the whisper of robes and the occasional metallic clang can be heard from whatever may be holding those lanterns. They stop at the opening of the arena where the drow sat meditating and one by one, they split off into two seperate lines and circled the outter ring of the pit. In the middle[/size:7335j0pd] (the last in line)[/size:7335j0pd] stood a feminine figure that entered the inner ring of the pit and stood there.

As if on a silent command, the lights from the lanterns slowly brighten, giving the area a good deal more light[/size:7335j0pd] (though not a blinding kind of light)[/size:7335j0pd] for the pit fighters to see. The beings that hold the lanterns can now be seen quite well. Tengu. All of them. Karasu[/size:7335j0pd] (crow-headed)[/size:7335j0pd] [size=117:7335j0pd]tengu to be exact. They stand still, beady black eyes on the combatants.

Tengu No Mai steps forward into the light, her long, dark red kimono being the first thing that is revealed. She pulls back her ankle length raven black hair, her deep soulless green eyes stare unblinkingly at the drow.

[b:7335j0pd]"And [i:7335j0pd]you[/i:7335j0pd] are the one who has dared to summon the Tengu." [/b:7335j0pd]Mai said in a bored tone.[/size:7335j0pd][/color:7335j0pd]
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A contest of styles

[color=red:1mo3j2ft]The drow males eyes open as the woman enters, and he regards the ceremony with due respect, allowing her to enter and question him. [i:1mo3j2ft][b:1mo3j2ft]Aye lady. I'm the one that summoned you. I heard you liked a bit of swordplay, and was wondering if you'd mind joining me in a bit of a contest?[/b:1mo3j2ft][/i:1mo3j2ft] The male drow politley bows to her, his eyes remaining locked on her, watching for any hint of movement that might means she is going to attack.

Raising from his bow, he eyes her strange yet subtle appearance, appreciating the qualility of character that he heard in her voice, that of a seasoned warrior as is he himself. His silver eyes lock with hers as he awaits the answer to his question about a contest.[/color:1mo3j2ft]
Isto's Dalhar
Maid
Maid

DDR Extreme "Sakura"

Post by Isto's Dalhar »

[color=darkblue:3g9v5njm]Mai tosses her head back slightly and reaches behind to grab what looks to be a mask of some sort. She adjusts it on her face. At the same time, the tengu in the stands pick up a chant while pounding their staffs on the ground in time to the rhythm. The mask chosen by Tengu Mai that she wore was none other than that of a [url=http://www.ancienteastantiques.com/item ... g:3g9v5njm]red-faced Tengu[/url:3g9v5njm]. It's rediculously long nose and eyes of fury seemed somehow disturbing to look at. Not something that Mai ever thought twice about, to her it was a sign of who she was. Mai's hands swing loosely at her sides, the tips of her fingers hidden within the sleeves of her kimono.

[b:3g9v5njm]"The fighting style I use is an ancient one. Passed down from tengu to Tengu. I agree to fight you, in doing this I shall prove the strength of my people. I am ready when you are. Give it your best shot. I certainly will."[/b:3g9v5njm][/size:3g9v5njm][/color:3g9v5njm]
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A contest of styles

[color=red:1d7n2d2e]Quel bows low to the woman again, smiling as he does so. When he straightens this time, he rolls two poles onto the top of his foot and kicks them in the air, both of his hands flashing out to catch the poles and twirl them lightly, getting the feel of their balance. Nodding his head at the wieght and feel, they match his lightwieght bastard swords perfectly, he starts to circle around the young woman.

After a moment or two of circling, running things through his mind, he stops standing stock still. All of a sudden he rolls toward her, the pole in his right hand lashing at her knees, while the one in his left jabs toward her shoulder in a upward angle. Not knowing whether or not this part of his attack will succeed or not, he sprins from the gorund and brings his weapons back to bear. This time the pole in his right hand lashes straight across at the womans chest, while the one in his left starts in as a jad, that at the last instant he turns into a spinning, backhand swipe, brining it across at waist level. When his attacks are over he's looking her directly in the facefrom a slight distance away, awaiting her attack on him.[/color:1d7n2d2e]

[color=teal:1d7n2d2e]OoC Note:All posted attacks are sublect to be deflected and or blocked. Any hits taken from each others weapons are to be viewed as if they were real weapons and not practice ones. Any minor injuries should be played as if they were real, as should any major hits as well.[/color:1d7n2d2e]