Dragon Slayer

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the smoke dust covered the area also providing a cover for her.
[quote:1k60xllp]"You..... The male was with you..." [/quote:1k60xllp]
"not really, but he is a good thrall anyway," she replied causally unphased by his moving closer to her. being she was facing the half breed she saw the females action, a grin widening on the ex-priestess' face. when it was near impact, the drowess did a back sumersault, landing on her hands in the first bounce, then back up to her feet. in a blink her fire cloaking piwafwi was wrapped around her like a shield to protect her from the worst of the fire.
she felt the heat still but the magical material held strong.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Explosion of fireball, unsealed from the magic jewel, sent with fiery death and destruction a wave of scorching air, banishing cloud of dust and smoke and clearing field of battle. The gust of wind brought scent of burned flesh and leather to the nostrils of combatants. Pure volume of it could tell that there aren't much survivors. And it would not be far from truth.
The place, where the first of the soldiers was unfortunate to see effect of spell right in front of him, had left only a crater with pile of melted metal near it. Around the epicenter of the inferno were sprawled bodies of nearly dozen and half of the platoon. Some of them were still alive, blind, fatally wounded, feeling the fires licking their wounds and screaming. Soon, after long time, their cries will go silent.
Thrallawin did not expect power of explosion to shake her that profoundly. As weak as she was, just shear wind knocked her to the ground. Hardly recovering from impact, girl struggled to stand to see surrounds. She did not feel remorse as she looked at the corpses of the drow, her captors and torturers. Only cries gave some measure of guilt. Shaking her head, rouge concentrated on finding a weapon to fight the survivors. She had to turn back to the unconscious drow who was nearest to her to see if there was anything else to use. Half-human had no wish to try another explosion.
Searching the body, she found dagger in the boot and pried it out. Looking around for nearest threat, woman crept on the grass to the one of three men standing. He looked hurt and disoriented, but still capable of killing. Standing up and striking, her frail figure received hard slam from him as he turned around and rushed at her. Half-drow wanted to yelp, but could not. Black pupils seen that he was blind, but fighter was strangely aware of her movement. It was certainly not promising situation.

Standing up, his chin covered with burns, the young commander of drow squad looked at the situation with dismay. Already at the start of the encounter, they lost much of the manpower. Only three warriors were left, blinded most likely. And there was no sign of the wizard who did all this. Odds were not on his side. There was no other choice.
"Defensive measures: unleash darkness!" Issuing the desperate command, he looked at the priestess, who had time to recover from the blast, and thrown his sai at her, thinking of dark globe to appear in place he designated. Right ahead of him, dome of impenetrable shroud appeared. Disappearing in it, he waited the others to try to follow on his voice. He did not choose this point for nothing. Taking scorched backpack from one of the corpses, he took out the scroll hidden in his inner pocket and started to chant, remembering the spell he used every day. Shaking off the grogginess, males moved to their leader in hurried sprint. One of them fell behind, tripping over the half-burned skeleton of his teammate. When remaining fighters leaped in darkness, sudden surge of arcane energy shook dimension. Then, came silence. Only groan of warriors left behind were the reminder of what happened.

Not able to even groan, Thrallawin hissed for breath, feeling completely empty. She could not understand why it suddenly went so quiet and why she was alive. She could not move, let alone lift a finger. Wanderer wanted nothing more than not thinking about the drow around her. Eyelids were closing. She did her best, but it seems like she is coming back to caverns.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the weapon flew and she just barely managed to move (yes she has rogue class. how she was able to be a dread fang), the blunt tip striking the edge of her arm. the smirk dissipated and was replaced with a scowl even as the darkness covered them. she was about to go in the darkness, totally willing to fight blinded, when the sounds of his reading a spell and the building of arcane energy filled the area. she knew it was a gate(? or diminsional door?) and it was proven when they were gone.
rubbing the hidden bruise from the sai, she straightened herself. the smell of smoke was in her piwafwi, and she had been sweating from the blast. small indignities, but she was rather intact. retracting the rod and pulling out a rapier, she slipped quietly over to where the half-breed and male were. curious at what damaged was suffered and the truth of the purpose they were taking the half drow.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

The explosion ended, and Drithor started to get some feeling back into his fingertips. Twitching them, ever so slightly, he felt his boot knife being pulled out, but he was unable to tell who had taken it.
"Defensive measures: unleash darkness!" The shout came from somewhere in the direction of the party. He had hoped that they had all been disabled, if not killed by the blast, but he had no control ove the situation in his current state. He heard the chanting of a spell, just as he was able to move both of his arms, as well as open his eyes. He looked around and saw the crater first, with the bodies of dead and dying drow lying around it. He noticed that one of the drow was attempting to crawl in the direction of the chanting. Looking that way, he saw a globe of darkness, and wondered what the spell was that they were using. He had very little training in the arcane, despite what had happened in the Sorcere his last year at the Melee Magthere. He finally regained muscle control in his legs and shakily attempted to pull himself up and towards the crawling drow. [i:2zryzjzl]Birdo, send them one last message before whatever spell they are casting is done.[/i:2zryzjzl] he thought to his companion.
[i:2zryzjzl]Righto, my careless drow compaion,[/i:2zryzjzl] he thought back, sending another purple meteor into the globe just as the chanting cut off. Drithor smiled slightly, relizing that the spell was a gate, and guessing where the destination was. He hauled himself over the bodies of the dead warriors towards the crawling one, and pulled a sedative out of his pouch. When he got to the drow, he shoved it in his mouth, saying "Chew this. It'll take the pain away."
As the warrior fell asleep, Drithor glanced in the direction he had come from to check on the girl and Zilvtree.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

[i:1mtzaf6o]No! I will not get back there![/i:1mtzaf6o]
That thought pulled her up, gripping handle of the dagger, shambling, but taking steady stance. Fighting fatigue and heavy chains, half-drow looked around to find backpack where her lock-picks and gear were stored.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((sorry yall. busy weekend, and one of the days was w/o internet in campus housing. plus wasnt sure what i wanted to say/write.))

the ex-priestess' hands went to her hips watching the sight of the rather pathetic looking captive. her book tapped as if waiting for her to even try to attack, confident she could take the half drow out in simple few quick moves.
and she was tempted. the last three centuries on the edge of her. But alas she pushed it away. She didnt know why. these changes...internally she sighed.
her 'mask' (metaphorical) still in place, "so do you think you have a chance striking me? dont you think I could have done killed you already?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

Hauling himself to his feet, the dark elf slowly made his way over to where the half-breed and Zilvtree were. "I wouldn't advise that." Drithor said to the former captive. "If you attack her, I will be forced to knock you out, and then I cannot guarantee your safety. The lady might be angry, and attempt to get revenge." He then reached to take the dagger back from her. "So, what is your name?" He asked, also looking around for the damn raven.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

She was right.
The damned drow woman was right.
Backpack where Thrallawin saw her equipment put was too far away. In her state it was impossible to dash to the backpack without these two not harming her. And not forgetting the chains. They still weigh enough to keep her off balance. She could not do anything without repercussions. Cornered, afraid, shaking, half-drow weighed her options again, not believing this was it.
With fear crawling inside her, hand reacted instinctively to the male reaching for the dagger. Steel slashed the air, trying to prevent approach of the man. Pointed ears heard the question, but even if she wanted to reply, she could not. Confused, woman did not know what to do. She wanted to be alive, but not in chains. Not in service to drow. Lips formed words without sound in silent attempt to pray. She needed help more than ever. She did not know anything about the god of mercy, but believed he was different. She was not of clergy, but hoped he would listen and help her, be it thunder to strike them or chains rusting out to free her.
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

Drithor quickly stepped out of the path of his dagger. [i:142zlian]Damn it. bird, get the hell over here. Break the shackels on this girl so we can hopefully make it to the caves by daybreak.[/i:142zlian] He thought while at the same time saying "Careful, girl. I will not hurt you. I just want to speak." Birdo swooped out of the branches and landed on Drithor's shoulder. He stared at the shackels for about ten seconds before they cracked and fell to the ground. "There you go, girlie. Now, don't try running off now." the raven said.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Feeling the sudden ease, half-human saw the hard metal chains on her wrists to fall off like sand. Whether it was result of prayer to the merciful entity or hidden magic ability of the raven on the shoulder of the drow, it did not leave answer to the puzzle which was the appearence of these three. Still, the collar was left intact. Most likely, for taking upper hand over her.
Rogue runaway did not believe drow words.[i:3erk5qxi] 'I will not hurt you'[/i:3erk5qxi]. The biggest lie one drow could say.
Fingers of her gray hand moved to form intricate code of signs, not true drow sign code, but one that was taught to all rogues as they master their art. This one, more precisely, was copied.
*Do not approach. 5 steps back, lower the weapons.* Fingers shuddered with each movement. Also possibility of neither of them knowing this cant language was not adding to her bravery.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Signing for her to lower her weapons, the drowess raised a brow amused at the thought. Zilvtree then laughed aloud at that.
"guts with no real authority... not much of a bargaining chip," she smarted coyly, "maybe you want to try again?" in a near condescending tone.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

Drithor pulled a jar of salve from his hip bag, along with a roll of bandages. "Birdo! Take the collar off as well! Now, this salve will help to heal your wounds. Will you let me apply it? And Lady Shaiith, would you please put your weapon away? It is no longer needed." Birdo stared at the collor for a second longer, but it failed to break. "Strange. Girl, is the collar enchanted?"
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

The mongrel girl saw that the try was futile. As expected. These two (three, if counting the avian) had great advantage over her. Shudder went through her spine at the idea that was slowly plowing into her mind. Surrendering at such bad odds is a good thing, perhaps.
Noticing the bandages, her eyes widened at the unexpected treatment. Maybe a trick. Still, gut feeling was silent. Either he was good in it or really did not mean harm. Still, Thrallawin refused the offer, just to be safe. On the next question, she had feeling that the male was a dolt. Rare were moments when collars on captives or slaves had no magic on it. Slowly, without any emotions but fading fear, head nodded affirmatively.
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Re: Dragon Slayer

Post by Darkros »

"As you wish, dear." Drithor shrugged as he put the bandages and salve back into his pouch. "Now, the caves are this way. We can rest and eat there. And I have another ally there already, waiting." Haveing said that, the Drow quickly changed clothes again, picked up the drow he had drugged, layed him on top of the stud, and then offered his hand to the skinny drow girl. "I'm not sure that the Lady will share her horse with you." [i:3jvqsaty]Fly above the trees and keep an eye out for any more suprises.[/i:3jvqsaty]
[i:3jvqsaty]Will do. Save me something when you get to the caves.[/i:3jvqsaty] And with that, the raven flapped off.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Re: Dragon Slayer

the drowess looked over the slave, seeing the girl had nothing to say to her, then headed back to her mount, silently groaning at riding it. Boy did she miss the lizard mounts of back home, and she would be glad to be off the furry beast.
mouting the black mare (i think it was)[/size:1mrb891r] and moving her horse.
"let us get moving."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~