Dragon Slayer

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((should use firefox...its better. at least it has a spellchecker!

just in case, she and my main character Zarae are from the city- Lith MyAthar.[/size:2ys3flcp]))

She looked to the nosey male, deciding what to say and not say. She was not so keen on sharing about herself. her hand absent-mindedly went to the choker and fiddled with it. her sensitive fingertips running across the engraved web design.
the question brung a number of memories to the surface of her thoughts. House Mae'Vir had resurrected her. the only condition was she had become basically a battle captive and eventually becoming a Dread Fang. She would have stayed until she could act out revenge but loss of her faith in Lloth and a plot on her life, she disappeared (and believed by all, dead) to become a houseless rogue of the city, changing her appearance pernamently.

She shook her head to remove anymore those thoughts of her past.
"why do any of us end up on the surface?" she replied plainly. "when do you plan to leave? Such as night, with whatever surfacers use for mounts."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

[color=red:1qtmctgv]We all end up here for different reasons. I for one am here because my house was destroyed by House Baenre four centuries ago. As the only survivor, I should have claimed revenge, but I could not do so, as they would have killed me, being the first house. But I digress. We shall leave now. My horse is outside, and there is a stable not far where you may buy one, if you do not already have a mount. I'll let Birdo know that we are coming, and he should get ready to move.[/color:1qtmctgv] Drithor rose and attempted to navigate through the crowd of drunken humans. However, one of them stepped into his path and crashed into him before he could get out of the way.
[color=darkred:1qtmctgv]Hey! Watch where yer going, you shtupid elf bashterd![/color:1qtmctgv] [color=red:1qtmctgv] I'm sorry, but it seemed to me that you were the one who crashed into me.[/color:1qtmctgv]
[color=darkred:1qtmctgv]Oh, a wishe guy, huh? Well, Ima have to teash you a leshon.[/color:1qtmctgv]The drunk man raised his arm as if to punch Drithor. Drithor did not move an inch.

((You can control the drunk man and me for the next post only. Birdo is my companion, btw. He is a talking raven with a superiority complex. He is also a mage. His full name is Birdo, Master of Darkness and Occasional Despair.))
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

which proved her theory- usually an exile or houseless rogue with nothing better.
she gracefully stood up and straitened her clothing and adjusted her cloak. hood back on over her coppery hair, she headed to the exit, slipping among the crowd another way. she looked to see the beginnings of a brawl with the male begin with another patron. pausing in the shadows of the tavern she stood, arms crossed, to watch to see his skills in action. might as well evaluate his abilities.

((i wouldnt know what to do really.))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

[color=red:2f7z80bj]Alright then, if you insist.[/color:2f7z80bj]
As the drunken mans fist came towards Drithor he ducked out of the way. He then grabbed the mans arm and twisted it around to his back till a loud crack was heard around the now silent tavern. The man, however, was too drunk to feel the pain, and swung around, klocking Drithor right in the jaw with his un-broken arm. Drithor flew across the tavern and crashed through the bar. Picking himself up, he saw the man was walking towards him and he looked pissed. There was something strange about his eyes, somthing that Drithor hadn't noticed before. But for now, he didn't have the time to figure it out. He grabbed the nearest chair and smashed it over the mans head, but that didn't even phase him.

Then, Drithor relized what was wrong with his eyes. They had a fire burning deep within, a fire he had not seen in a long time. [color=red:2f7z80bj]Shit! This man is a beserker![/color:2f7z80bj] He had gone into a rage, and the only way Drithor was going to escape alive was to kill this brute.

Rolling under the beserkers next blow, he grabbed the knife from his boot and stabbed the man in his back. He roared in pain and spun around, yanking the knife from Drithor's hands. He quickly kicked Drithor in the chest and sent him flying across the room. This worked to his advantage, as it allowed Drithor to pull out a few of his throwing knives and toss them across the room. He hit the man square in the chest, but still he refused to go down. The man grabbed a nearby table and sent it flying towards where the drow had landed. He tried to jump out of the way, but the table clipped his ankle. Drithor felt the bones crunch, and knew that he would have to see a healer later. Right now, he had bigger problems. The beserker ran towards him with the intent of killing him. It was all he could do to get out of the way. He quickly unsheathed his short sword and scimitar, and prepared himself for the brutes charge. When the man was less than a foot away, Drithor threw out his arms and inmpaled the drunk through his stomach. The man stopped and the fire slowly died in his eyes, along with all signs of life. He fell to the floor, where he remained. Drithor yanked the knives out of his corpse, cleaned them on the man, and then walked to the door. [color=red:2f7z80bj]My ribs, ankle, and nose are broken, and I feel like I have internal bleeding. Please get me to a healer.[/color:2f7z80bj] He said to Zilvtree before the world faded to black and he fainted dead at her feet.

((Hows that for a brawl? Thats not even all of my weapons.))
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((PM me the discription of the character here as i cant seam to find it on my page on devient art.))

She stood watching the fight, evaluating and see strengths and weaknesses of the male. when the fight was done, she turned to leave when he spoke to her, as it was in drowic. then passed out.
'pathetic' her mind said. but since he knew the surface and she would have to have allies, she would have to stick with him for now. and of course the ex-priestess had no spells.
----
two hidden gnomes were watching the fight, one an apprintace to the other, both healers. taking pity on the fighters, the older went to the dead guy, the younger to the elven warrior.
spell componets in hand the cleric began the spell of raising the dead man.
when the dead man, who was weak and injured, the gnome helped him with an added scolding lecture on behavior and bar fighting.
----
blue light appeared around the younger gnome's hand and he touched the disguised drow. it was only b/c they did not see evil in his aura.
"there," he replied.
when the drow awoke, the cleric would also give Drithor the same scolding and lecture. the majority of the patrons circled the group weapons held should either fighter attack.
the barkeep called to both about paying for damages, the clerics ready with a holding spell if they tried anything.

((hope that works. what came to mind first anyway))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

Drithor awoke to a gnome leaning over him. He stayed still, waiting for the pain to hit him, but it never did. Either he was numb, or the gnome had healed him. He began to sit up, and then noticed that all the patrons had weapons drawn. His first thought was that his ring had slipped off, and the disquise was gone. He felt at his hands, but all eight rings were still there. He relaxed until he saw that the man was still alive. Slowly climbing to his feet, Drithor started to pull out his dagger, but someone shouted for him to drop it.

[color=blue:2kiz39dr]What happened while I was unconscious, ye blasted bird? And why didn't you help me during the fight?[/color:2kiz39dr] he thought to his Companion, at the same time asking Zilvtree [color=red:2kiz39dr] What happend, Lady Shaiith?[/color:2kiz39dr], all the while sliding his knife back into it's sheathe.

[i:2kiz39dr]I did not know that you wished for help. Besides, I felt it nessesary to not reveal my powers to these simple humans. And you'd best pay attention to the pretty lady you have found.[/i:2kiz39dr]
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the cleric disbands the patrons of the bar, making them return to their tables, leaving only the two elves, and the previous dead man on the floor. his drunk buddy returning from the facilities runs over to help his friend and get him to his room, the cleric speaking with him. a bag of coins was handed to the cleric who handed them to the barkeep.

Zilvtree looks around and motioned that she also had things under control. Even tho in appearance she appeared as a wood elf, few messed or dared cross the powerful woman. thus the drows were left alone apart from the gnome cleric and barkeep.
"you passed out and the gnome came and helped," she replied to him.
"I will take him and move...er...leave," she replied to the gnome in the common tongue correcting the words. "maintain your drunks on a tighter leash," the harsh words to the barkeep who scowled at the elven woman.

the clerics stood between her and the barkeep trying to keep peace, and the only one not intimidated by her.
"he better pay for this missy. and I think you and him leave," the barkeep's thumb motioning twords the door to emphasize.

"i suggest he pay for damages," the older cleric replied calmly, "then we can all go back to our lives and nobody smited," a warning to all. his body language showed he was suspecting something of the two elves. but so far remained silent. He was tempted to cast a true seeing spell sensing something was not right.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

[color=red:1z4ua3ig]My dear sir, I am indeed not drunk, the other man was. But I will pay for the damages.[/color:1z4ua3ig] Reaching into his side pouch, he pulled out a smallish bag, marked with a gilded DM. Opening it slightly, Drithor tipped it over the barkeeps outstreached hand. Out came six or seven jewels, each as big as an eye.
[color=red:1z4ua3ig]There. Those should be able to pay for repairs, and an upgrade.[/color:1z4ua3ig] Drithor said. [color=red:1z4ua3ig] And now, good gnomes, if you would kindly follow us, we may have future need of your survices.[/color:1z4ua3ig] With that, Drithor turned away and walked out of the bulding, leaving the barkeep to stare at the gemstones.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

he looked them over once, then put them away in his pouch to return to his station behind the counter.

the clerics looked at the elven male and shook their heads, "we have important business else where."
he then slightly bowed and he and his apprentice returned to their table.

"lets us go," she replied to Drithor.
the barkeep not understanding what was said, just narrowed his eyes and watched them both as he went back to wiping out the tankard. the drowesses walked over and leaned in and whispered, [i:14rorysn]"L'waela lu'awylir ragar brornen lu'wund mina, feithin aphyon[/i:14rorysn]," with a dark seductive look knowing full well he and none spoke the language. but it was what he [b:14rorysn]didnt [/b:14rorysn]see that mattered to her- a hand in the pocket. she didnt take anything, better yet, she left something. and next time he thought to play with his pretty gems, he might regret (if he remained alive to, that is) not minding his station.
"get outta here you blasted elf," he pushed her away.
"[i:14rorysn]Oloth plynn dos[/i:14rorysn]" she said to the barkeep with a sneer.

Zilvtree stepped outside into the darkness, the moon a quarter full, but the brightness was still something she hadnt adjusted to. the tavern had been dimmed and being summer(?) no fires so it was easier to handle.
a few harsh words to the bright light in the night as she pulled her hood lower over her sensitive amber eyes.
"where's the mounts?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

[color=red:3jg226xi]Well, thats too bad. We could have used a good set of cleircs. My mount is around the cornor, in the stables. Unless you have a mount already, we will either have to buy one, or see if Birdo can conjour you up one.[/color:3jg226xi] Drithor said as he got outside. [color=darkred:3jg226xi]You know full well that I'm not a conjuration mage. I only deal in destruction, translation and illusion.[/color:3jg226xi] The irritated voice came from a giant raven that fluttered down to land on his shoulder.
[color=red:3jg226xi]Ah yes, thats right. Thats the only reason I have to pack food on these trips. By the way, Birdo, this is Lady Zilvtree Shaiith. Lady Shaiith, this is Birdo, Master of Darkness, and Occasional Dispair. The highlight of his life was when he killed a Shrubbery with a magic missle. And then subsequently killed the Drider that used said shrubbery as a home.[/color:3jg226xi] Drithor continued to talk as he walked around the tavern to the stables.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zilvtree just barely nodded to the introduction. the bird, for that's what she recognized since the fifth house of her homecity had exotic (surface) creatures, was obviously rather powerful (correct?); not some ordinary flying creature. was the male also a wizard?

the ex-priestess continued to listen, finding it rather odd how much he liked to chat. She was not use to it that was for sure. in fact much of his behavior was odd. he was...cheery, and not at all like the males she remembered.
"If I had one, then I would not ask where they were," she spoke up finally nearing the stables.

and she had to hope that surfacers used lizard mounts.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

((He is powerful. He's a mage himself.))

[color=red:12at55k6]Of course. As soon I have mine saddled up, we will head over to the other side of town to buy you a good mount. Here we go.[/color:12at55k6] He pointed at the boy sitting on a stool eating some kind of glop. [color=red:12at55k6]You, boy. Get my mount saddled up. He's the ornery ass stud in the back. Be carefull, though. He bites.[/color:12at55k6]

[color=darkred:12at55k6]Yes sir. Right away sir.[/color:12at55k6] the boy said. He set his bowl down on the floor next to him and grabbed the black saddle and tack off of the the wall, then slowly made his way back to the stall that was chained and barred. As soon as he got near it though, there was a loud slam and the door shuddered. The horse inside was angry, and he was trying to bust out. [color=darkred:12at55k6]You should probably help the boy. That thing is dangerous as Lay Lolth when she gets pissed.[/color:12at55k6] Birdo said from Drithor's shoulder.

[color=red:12at55k6]Yeah, you're probably right. Stay here and keep Lady Shaiith company. And make sure no drunken idiot tries to have his way with her. Ser mina dro d'elezz. I don't think those yingilin want to have to resurect anyone else tonight. Hey, boy! Wait up a second![/color:12at55k6] Running up to the boy, Drithor told him to stand back for a second. Takeing the key, he unlocked the chain and, making sure that the boy was ready, slid the bar out. The stud busted out immeadiatly, rearing and trying to trample Drithor. The drow leaped out of the way and tried to leap off the wall to get on top of the beast. The horse decided otherwise and leaped out of the way towards the boy. Drithor smacked facefirst into the dirt, and felt like he couldn't breathe for about five seconds. Meanwhile, the boy rolled out of the way and threw the saddle on the back of the horse, kneeing him in the gut. The horse stopped moving just long enough for the boy to sinch up the saddle. By this time Drithor had gotten up and snuck up behind the stud. He pulled himself over the rump of the horse and grabbed his mane. [color=red:12at55k6]YAH![/color:12at55k6] he yelled grabing the tack from the hands of the stablehand. The stud started bucking like crazy, trying to throw him off, but the experienced drow just held on tight and waited. Eventually, the stud stopped for just a second, but that was all the time Drithor needed to get the bit in his mouth. The stud finally stopped, apparently deciding to wait until he had the bit out again to try to break free.

[color=red:12at55k6]Now then.[/color:12at55k6] Drithor directed these next words at Zilvtree, wiping the sweat off his brow. [color=red:12at55k6]Let's go get you a mount, m'Lady. Here, boy. For your troubles.[/color:12at55k6] He flipped a golden coin at the boy and walked the stud outside of the stable. He tried to take a nip at Birdo as they passed, but he just jumped out of the way, as usual.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((if that was to be telepathic conversation, then might want to indicate it. otherwise i'll think its aloud. which i will guess that the birds speech is telepathic.))

[quote:3j9i9fl0]And make sure no drunken idiot tries to have his way with her.[/quote:3j9i9fl0]
she raised a brow to the male, "you think I cant take care of myself male?" not appreciating his implication; and she showed the irritation by crossing her arms and tapping her foot.
ignoring the noises in the (large stable if no one got their head knocked off from the bucking ;)) stable instead standing at the door keeping watch and studying the area.
when he got the beast and exited the stable, she realized she didnt know what it was. she kept her face blank as she was unsure now of mounts. she silently curse whoever, having only been trained in lizard mounts. and it was doubtful they had them up here on the surface.
'great,' she mumbled sarcastically. once again she wished she could create a driftdisk.

((should put the bit in before getting on his back and if the saddle is on, why get on the back? and never walk behind a horse without putting a hand on his rear and walking around slowly ;))
i had horses...[/size:3j9i9fl0]
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

Either she had never seen a horse before, or she found something funny and was trying not to laugh. Either way, Drithor still needed to get her to the stables on the other side of town. [color=red:3gn7b1a9]Would you like a lift, Lady Shaiith?[/color:3gn7b1a9] he asked from on top of the horse. [color=red:3gn7b1a9]It will be faster to ride with me, till we can get you a horse of your own.[/color:3gn7b1a9]
[color=darkred:3gn7b1a9]I'd do it, lady. He wants to get out of this town as soon as possible.[/color:3gn7b1a9] Birdo crawed from the roof of the stables.

((It's really tough to write when I have P!nk blasting in my ears. But I just can't stop listening to her.))
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

for once her eyes held questioning, for a second anyway before that tough exterior 'mask' was back in place. To ride with the male or walk? both a jab at her pride.
finally, with a sigh, she extended a gloved hand towrds the male as she stepped close to the stead. with all the trouble it had given, what was she gunna do?

((haha. blaring music must be hard to think in.))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~