Dragon Slayer

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rainbow Prism
Regular

Re: Dragon Slayer

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Feeling a bit insecure in open field with these individuals, half-blood wondered what she could do now. Was it good idea to follow them?
Looking at offered hand blankly with her black eyes, she carefully raised a finger to ask to wait and moved to one of the corpses, turning it over with effort. Checking the inside of charred backpack on it swiftly, frail looking meager put it on and returned to the rider. Still looking unsure, her hand trembled when it reached to the offered hand.
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

Grasping the frail hand carefully, Drithor helped to put her into the saddle before untying the reigns. Slipping up behind the girl, he set Shadow into a steady canter angled slightly northeast. The forest seemed still, but he didn't want to take any chances again. Slipping into the thermal spectrum, Drithor saw only a few heat sources large enough to be of any danger, none human or elf. Ridding on, Drithor discovered that the caves were much closer than he thought, and nearly crashed into the solid rock next to the entrance.
"Here we are. These are the caves I was talking about." The assassin slipped out of the saddle, dragging the unconcious drow with him. "My lady..."he said, reaching up to the half-drow.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

She handled horse riding badly, sore body aching in many places. Still, even that did not make her too dependent on help of drow. Carefully, she slided off the mount, ignoring hand of help. Taking a look around, Thrallawin took unsure steps toward the caves, her senses weaker than these of pure-blooded elves. She was looking back very often as she moved, as if expecting a treachery from the two.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zilvtree was secretly thankful that the ride was not much longer. It would be hard to hide the soreness much longer, and harder to not kill the surface mount for all the frustration. The drowess slipped quietly to the moist ground, making no sounds.
She did a quick scan of the area, her muscles tense and ready for anything. It was strange, back to the darkness again. She hadnt been on the surface long before it tried to call back to her.
"I dont see what use in keeping her as a pet," the ex-priestess replied offhandedly in a hushed voice, "Unless you plan to use her for fodder. She looks more like bait than anything."
Zilvtree didnt care either way. Pragmatism she understood well enough; let someone else do the work. And treachery was expected. Unsuspecting drow were dead drow. What she didnt understand was the male's reaction to her and lack of [i:2gv9zlrd]normal [/i:2gv9zlrd]behavior twords her.
"map?" she asked.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

Looking a bit foolish with his hand sill in the air, the assassin lowered it. "No need." he said to Zilvtree. "That ally I spoke of earlier has been here for several months now. She knows these caves like like I know weapons. And I keep the girl not as fodder or a pet, but because she is good with a blade, and might become a valuble asset in the near future." He said this last part hushed. [i:33rzxw8v]Nedithra! Come out please! We have visitors.[/i:33rzxw8v] Haveing contacted the only other survivor of his house, he stood back and waited. Out of the cave stepped a beautiful drowess, wearing a pair of black leggings, a black skintight shirt, and a golden spider pin steaked with black stone in her hair. "Brother. I'm glad you have returned. Ladies. I am Nedithra Malfume. Formor Matron of the 25[sup:33rzxw8v]th[/sup:33rzxw8v] house of Menzoberranzen. And you would be...?" she said, gazing at Zilvetree and the half-drow.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

When stunning drow woman stepped out of the cave, a surprized yell could be very likely response. In case of the rogue, gasp was the only sound as she jumped back and tumbled backwards, loosing balance.
*A trap?!* So terrified she was that her hand was frozen with fear and did not move to the bag to take out at least the dagger.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the ex-priestess had to keep her calm as she always did. instinct and experience told her to be more aware than she already was and prepare for mental probes and possible an attack. if this matron was in favor with the Spider Queen...something Zilvtree was starting to doubt now as she thought about it with no obvious signs of the snake headed whip at her side, then the former noble would be on a razor's edge. Assuming this matron was faithful and paid more than lip service to the Lady of Chaos.
Studying the woman still, her own posture went more regal, and she looked into Nedithra's eyes boldly as only a noble woman would, "Mistress Zilvtree Shaiith"
the priestess should know it was a pseudonym considering it meaning compared with the drowess' dress, manor, and attitude.
Zilvtree looked back to the half-drow, amused by her reaction and waiting to see this play out.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

It was hard shaking off panic, but it happened. Reaction kicked in and and quick jolt movement protruded out of the backpack hand-crossbow and one little bolt, in fast reflexive blur loading it and aiming at the former matron. Finger on the triger was still trembling from fear.
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

Crouching beside the drow girl, Drithor plucked the dart from the hand bow and shook his head. "Don't shoot my sister. It won't go over very well. "
Nedithra looked at the girl for a moment before responding to Zilvtree. "Greetings, and welcome to my home, that is until my dolt of a brother can find a wizard to make a ring of disquise again. This time withOUT, slicing him open like a pig." Drithor just smilled slightly and waited to see if the girl might finaly talk to him.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Looking around, she noted to herself to not take male lightly and kill him first if something bad happens.
Moving her hands, she signed "Why you took me? What you want?"
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

(I'll remove this post if the jumping in is unwelcome, but have a fresh character recently off the drawing board and eager to take her for a spin)

Long has she followed and observed this curious pair of elves, keeping a distance from them, in part to study them at a safe distance, and also out of fear. Long has her race been in conflict with elves, the bane of many hive colonies, immune to the supernatural sleep effects of her race, and traveling without the company of the true combative powerhouses of her race, first it had to be established if these were the sort to attack before giving her a chance. However, once the truth is seen that the two elves from the tavern were in fact the hated enemies of surface elves, this ranger, clad in a generous quantity of concealing clothes, even wearing a theater styled mask, grew hopeful. When they battled with other Drow over a weaker specimen and treated it with mercy, rather than as prey, she began to surmise [b:1oinijo6]these[/b:1oinijo6] Drow as unique of their race as she was of hers. From her perspective, adopting a weak and unhealthy specimen into their 'hive'. Introductions would wait though, they left an enemy alive and sedated on the battlefield.

Having taken a liking to her perceptions of the two drow she'd been following, S'rikik waited until they moved on, and decided their enemy would learn a dire price for crossing those she felt worthy of her trust as allies. Poor Lolthite sound asleep, never would he notice the droning song of the creature over him, pushing him into deeper sleep, while at the same time, four eggs coated with an acidic gel are pushed down his throat into his stomach. So long as he lives his body serving as an incubator. When the eggs hatch they begin to feed, draining constitution (1d6 per day), until it reaches zero, killing him, and making the remaining corpse a meal for her young. A brief prayer, a thing she did not understand the logic of based on the norm of her race, but a prayer none the less, that her uncommon intelligence and awareness is something her offspring will share, and that she is not merely a freak mutation of her species.

This business finally done, up to these companions she catches, only in time to come within eye shot as these events begin to unfold at their meeting place. To those viewing her with all those clothes, she holds the appearance of a vaguely humanoid creature, though with a bit of a slouched posture and what seems a rather portly belly. With all those layer of fabric, who could say for sure what she is, or if she's even armed. These Drow, wide awake and unaffected by poisons or sedating medicines, she readily expects to be instantly immune, but upon seeing the rescued girl showing such poor gratitude, begins the low buzzing of her Sleep Drone ability, trying to lull the girl into a deep sleep (DC 19 Will Save), from which she'll not wake until awakened or injured.
Darkros
Maid
Maid

Post by Darkros »

Drithor cocked his head slightly. Where was that buzzing comeing from? He quickly stood up and turned, and saw a form crouched in the shadows. "You! Who are you!" [i:1uswfuah]Birdo, why did you not warn me of this things presence?[/i:1uswfuah] The raven quickly flapped down to his shoulder. "What being? Ooohh, that one. I could devine no hostile intentions from it's life force." Drithor took a step closer to see if he could tell the race of this shadowy being.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Not getting the reply, half-drow started to feel very dizzy. Strange static noise ringed in her ears, but Thrallawin could not fight it, not having great willpower nor strength in her tired body. She fell on the ground face down, small device slipping out of her grasp.
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Tell the race, even a step closer? Not very likely. Too many clothes, thick, layered, and concealing almost all of the features that would give even a hint, even her face is concealed behind a very simple theater-style mask. But in the shadows she does not remain, coming closer and into the light, holding hands up, to indicate peaceful intentions. A careful enough eye would find the hilts of scimitars fastened at what would be waist-level, just peeking out from between layers of fabric, and realize that this newcomer is armed, albeit coming in apparent peace, but hold on... those raised hands, their shape and only three digits, so strange and alien in a world dominated by races with their bones inside their bodies. Closer examination, and not very close needed, reveals one thing for certain, this is one of Faerun's few intelligent insect humanoids, but which kind remains anyone's guess. Preparing to speak, she lets out a long 'Nnnnnnnh' accentuated by matching insect-like clicking noises, then speaks, and pretty well at managing the common tongue, but still with that clicking accentuating certain words with harsh syllables, [i:2rqlhwhn]"Away with your weapons, S'rikik means no harm to the Drows. Weakling you have captured, prey for your kinfolk, let it join your hive, and it shows violence for this honor. I... I like this Drow and its hive, made the weak one silent and slumber."[/i:2rqlhwhn]
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zilvtree remained as she was, her sense in full combat mode, her muscles ready to strike, hand on the pommel of her sword. It was hard to hide the disgust at the insect humanoid before them, but holding in a smirk when the half-breed fell asleep to the ground.
raised brow at its intentions, "oh you approve, that such a relief?' her voice filled with the smart elic remark as well as a slight disdain for any inferior race. of course she kept her hand on the blade, refusing to give in to such a request, particularly when they held no advantage over her.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~