Founding a Facade (Part 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Pheurazath
Regular

Founding a Facade (Part 2)

Post by Pheurazath »

About to rebut Veraka's attempt to fault her, for failure to communicate, the irritated dragon is given the prime subject of her displeasure...

[quote:31xxvrww]"A fool, milady? I've been many things, but never a fool. Your negotiations were doomed to fail with her in any event. My distraction simply evened the playing field. Be glad it did, or she would have done much worse than try to use her whip, with all the magic she had on her." [/quote:31xxvrww]

[color=indigo:31xxvrww]"My negotiations were going precisely as planned, and had I had to attack anyway, my plans did [i:31xxvrww]NOT[/i:31xxvrww] include having to rescue anyone after I dropped the cave on those vile, goblin-blooded, spider lovers!"[/color:31xxvrww] Her glare as harsh as the snappy edge to her voice, boring into Lothir, she dismisses her irritation with, [color=indigo:31xxvrww]"If everyone is well enough to travel, then let us be going. I need someplace safe to rest and recover, and I believe you have a city, to return to. Perhaps both needs may be resolved there."[/color:31xxvrww]

It would be difficult with so many eyes upon her, to transform now, and not blow her cover. It would have to wait, particularly since the injured wings, even if not manifest in her Drow form, the injuries would still be manifest in some fashion or another, likely large scrapes along her back. For the moment, a feasible plan was forming, but she'd have to wait and see what is to come.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((i am gunna re-do my entry as im not sure where i am at))

down the strangely familiar tunnel. she was going home, yet it wasnt home, not anymore. for she had been on the surface a number of years now. traveling all over, and on the run. So why in her right mind would she go back into the web?
Deep down she had this sense that her twin brother might not have been killed those years ago. She'd finally decided to go back and search or maybe find clues to where he was.

no sound was heard as her nimble steps transverse the tunnel. the camouflaging piwafwi wrapped tight around her allowing her to blend in with the stones and leaving no heat shadow. it was as if she had never left. her senses tuning in immediately as soon as she entered below. Zarae moved quickly and silent as a hunting panther. the rush of memories hitting the young drowess hard. the rogue shook her head to clear her mind. these tunnels were dangerous. and living in the past would get her killed.

Zarae rounded a sharp corner, maroon eyes scanning as new sounds echoed on the cavern wall and carried to her keen ears. She was still far enough away that no patrol would be out and about. But it reminded her to put away her house insignia. She had already disguised the cloak. Now it was black like most any other instead of the unusual crimson of her house.
her clothing would allow her to blend in well, as one who belonged. her hope was that the city had not changed too much.
the tunneled curved again, the sounds growing louder. this time she thought she heard the unmistakable sound of voices. She slowed, certain it wasnt guards, and waited.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

He watches the dragoness warily, with eyes narrowed. Even if he hadn't read all those books on dragons years ago in preparation for his Blooding, he would have been suspicious of her. Knowing as much as he does about dragons, he is tempted to ask her why she does not change back. Instead, he just sighs, and shakes his head.

"The best laid plans never go as intended- surely you know that? Veraka was right about one thing, though. Had I known what you were about, I'd have waited for a more opportune moment. As it is, We've managed to rescue his friend, AND we have some prisoners to question about just who those spider-kissers were and what they were doing out here. If you'd had your way, oh scaled one, we would be stuck with questioning their shades." He points out, raising one brow. You're right, however. We SHOULD get back to the city."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

[quote:13n95ir7]"The best laid plans never go as intended- surely you know that? Veraka was right about one thing, though. Had I known what you were about, I'd have waited for a more opportune moment. As it is, We've managed to rescue his friend, AND we have some prisoners to question about just who those spider-kissers were and what they were doing out here. If you'd had your way, oh scaled one, we would be stuck with questioning their shades." He points out, raising one brow. You're right, however. We SHOULD get back to the city." [/quote:13n95ir7]

[color=indigo:13n95ir7]"To the first matter, had they and their demon-sired pets been less abusive and urgent with their task, by all means I might have bothered to take time discussing plans."[/color:13n95ir7] There, her rebuttal to matters of communication stated she glances at the prisoners, and grumbles, [color=indigo:13n95ir7]"Don't tempt me, or you might yet have to raise their ghosts for answers. I could use a good snack after bleeding all over that cavern."[/color:13n95ir7] For now, she takes a moment to expend the remainder of her healing spells, and once exhausted of them, peers over her mostly restored wings, scrutinizing not just their condition but appearance, so very vain about her wings it seems, [color=indigo:13n95ir7]"Aasterinian, please no more adventures 'till these are right again. Alright, my little biped acquaintances, let's be going."[/color:13n95ir7]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He shrugs, and simply gives her an innocent look, before heading off with the rest. "It was your idea to bring the place down- why does it suddenly become our fault that you were injured in the doing of it? Seems like you might have thought that out a little more if you don't mind a little friendly advice. there are other ways of doing things than brute force. But then, dragons DO tend to go for the dramatic approach, I've noticed. Never met one yet that wasn't a bit overconfident and attention-seeking."

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((this is before Clone right? at least in clone thats how it was assumed. so she has only met Veraka if thats what we go with.))

Nearing the voices she watched from the darkness. The city gates were not far, and she would be asked questions- if they did things as before. maybe she could join up with the group ahead and get in?
One in particular caught her eye. Someone she remembered from a while back. she shook her head, it couldnt be; not here. that was too strange a coincidence.
Straightening her clothing including the black piwafwi, she moved closer, arms crossed in a stance of peace and her paced non-hostile. She kept her hood up just in case. the only indication was the slight shift of her eye color in anyone's darkvision as she stood there, from a bluish tint back to a normal maroon.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka rolled his silver eyes at the banter between the Deep Dragon and Lothir.

Despite his previous injuries, he had no intention of sticking around here for any length of time. What with the Dragon's collapse of the ceiling, he was looking for a sure shot way to quickly get back to the city.

The paladin grunts as he starts to get back up, hefting his massive platinum armor and weapons up with him. looking up to lock eyes with twin maroon orbs, the aasimar narrows his own silver orbs, which are dark-vision capable, at someone whom he had thought dead up until now. A [b:6sq6kh2m]LONG[/b:6sq6kh2m] time had it been since he'd last seen this certain pair of drow eyes which were glaring at him and his compatriots.

He wasn't sure about this drowess, being a female and all, however, he'd only seen this aura once before, and it happened to be in Lilth Myathar only [b:6sq6kh2m]once[/b:6sq6kh2m] before.

The signature drow greeting of crossing arms was displayed before him, which he acknowledged with a nod of his head, and a wave of an armored gauntlet, Veraka waved the drowess he knew over.

"So," he boomed throughout the caverns, his voice carrying, making sure that the drow female heard him; "what brings this certain ex-drow princess to our humble, cavernous abode, hmm?"

Then without, missing a beat, he chimes in "Been awhile, hasn't it, Zarae?"

[i:6sq6kh2m]Bahamut, I pray that I'm right.[/i:6sq6kh2m] He thought to himself, for the reason that he'd not seen this particular drow female in years.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

She stepped closer. her head slightly tilted as if studying the male. he knew her. it had to be? she tried to think of his name, it just on the tip of her tongue.
but as was normal for her to joke, "No, I'm still drow," looking at her arm as if to double check. "tho a mention of ex and royalty together, might not be best spoken aloud," her voice soft as she stepped closer.
Zarae looked back down the tunnel she'd come, then to the others as if expecting someone to jump out and attack or run off and tell. She was already gambling everything coming back.
"yes it seams to have been a while," still trying to place a name with the person.
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Actually, I believe this is after, since most of the others knew each other from there already. Clone is one of the first ones that I've been in, and this seems to be happening well after that.

IC: The bard turns suddenly as she enters, following Veraka's gaze to her. "Well, there seems to be a lot of that going around, actually, so I wouldn't worry about it too much- the ex-royalty, that is." He chuckles, and shrugs. "Zarae? Didn't I meet you on that ship? The Nighthammer?" He says, being careful not to mention the leechers or the fact that it was a star ship. He doesn't know how anyone else would take that information.

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

((OOC: You'd think the golemcrafters have looked up into the night sky, and thought if they only had enough materials, they could build a magical flying craft to explore the stars.))

Familiarity with the paladin in platinum plate is a good sign, particularly since the now, only mildly wounded Deep Dragon has had quite enough Lolthite for one day, not to mention memory of the taste of biting a Draegloth, will not soon go away. Everyone else might be familiar with this female, but she is cautious, and eyes her with suspicion. She keeps her observations of oddities about this person to herself though.

In all her thoughts, more heavily weighing is not her anger over the situation she was put into by Lothir and Veraka, but the person they all were in the now collapsed cavern to rescue. Walking on for a bit, if a little slowed, making sure to keep them all in eye-shot, it weighs on her mind, perhaps even visibly. Barely more than a young adult, perhaps only the gnome, blasted silver dragon in a humanoid form, may be able to distinguish the signs, that if Pheurazath has her plans and her way, Zhay she has selected for a mate. Little wonder then, that she's so upset right now.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

[color=indigo:1x13e1uw]Looking up, his face shoots up an "Oh Shit" expression before he mumbles "shu vith." [/color:1x13e1uw]

An eyebrow rises slightly at his introduction and she stands up, crossing her arms and staring at him beside T'risstree, "Well hello to you too," she says, her voice still hoarse, "It seems you have good ties here or you'd be dead by now. That ... dragon ... saved you." She glances behind from where they came, as if the dragon would come after them.

Shaking her head, she gestures to the priestess beside her, "This is T'risstree and I am Maryne. How are you called?"

If the drow had any concerns as to their loyalty, he would see almost immediately from the silver symbols of Eilistraee both had about them that they were not there to harm him.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

her pulse seamed to pause and moths pounded in her stomach before she recovered, not expecting to ever see him again either. and their was no way she would ever forget him. thankfully her hood was up over her face then.
She nodded, still not found her voice at the moment, before clearing her throat.
Finally, "how about we get out of the vulnerable tunnels?" she whispered, "and go somewhere relatively safer?" if that was possible.

She still had to assume things were as they had been so many years ago. and that meant a patrol should be around soon.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka glances over to the Deep Dragon, wondering what is biting on her mind. Regardless, he keeps his attention on Zarae, and her apparent surprise at seeing himself and Lothir. To her suggestion, the paladin moves onward followed by his lover, Neriah, and the giant winter wolf, Aurora.

The paladin was silent mostly, except for the random question that was gnawing on his mind for a bit now.
"Zarae, how exactly did you find your way to us, aside from the loud commotion that provided. I should actually ask, how did you come about these tunnels that led up to you finding us?"

===================

Zhay looks up towards the two priestesses and breathes a sigh of relief. At least he was in a relatively safe situation for the moment, as they both bore the symbol of the Dark Dancer on their attire.

[color=indigo:cypahd5t]"This is T'risstree and I am Maryne. How are you called?"[/color:cypahd5t]

"Most among the faithful know me as Zhay," he remarks to the priestess Maryne before him.
"You say a dragon saved my skin back there?" The surprise in his voice was hard to hide.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

(First of all many apologies for my long absence, my internet has been screwed up lately, due to what was apparently some faulty wiring in the phone lines in the house. Secondly, I've had to give the next step of this RP a lot of thought, I'm better at reacting to RP situations than driving them, but I'll give it a shot.)

Provided a sufficient lack of further Lolthite attacks, or other disturbances, this motley crew of surfacer paladins and gnome, and so many drow, and a very anxious dragon, are soon enough to arrive back at the gates of Lith My'athar, a promise of safety, refuge, and a place to mend one's wounds.

Pheurazath, in all her anxiety almost the whole remainder of the trip goes on well ahead of the others, only occasionally pausing to ensure, with marked impatience in her eyes, that the collection of humanoids are keeping up. 'Tis nearing the gates at which her pace slows, forcing herself to appear calm, as an anxious dragon in a rush might give the wrong impressions. 'Tis also here, where she pauses to look back and toward other connecting passages, for any sight of Zhay, and the priestesses whom she left him in care of.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

[color=indigo:1i63tm0i]"You say a dragon saved my skin back there?" The surprise in his voice was hard to hide.[/color:1i63tm0i]

"You mean you didn't know?" Maryne finds herself more surprised then Zhay, "You weren't expecting it to come? At least tell me who the dragon is. You must have saved its life or done something better for it to go through so much trouble to save you." She sounds impressed.

A noise echoes through the tunnels and she stands abruptly and looks around. "Are you strong enough to walk? Maybe you should explain the dragon on the way back to Lith My'athar. That's where you came from, isn't it? I don't think there's any need to dally here any longer then we must."

She looks around at the branching tunnels and then back to Zhay, "Please tell me you know the way back."
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.