Test run!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Re: Test run!

Post by Vailintin »

[quote:12280cv3]"Well, then, since I do not have any drow friends, then you have only to die, no? If not, then you will follow these good gentlemen to your cell and await trial which you probably do not deserve. And as for you, treehugger, if you really want to represent that fiend in court - if it will come to this - I suggest you follow me to my chambers to answer some questions about yourself. I would use this room, but not at these circumstances."[/quote:12280cv3]

Visibly these comments try Tristian's patience, even anger him. 'Do not deserve', 'fiend', 'tree-hugger', bold words for one whose town is surrounded by trees and all the mighty forces of nature that could be brought to bear against this little speck of a town, this took all of Trisitian's patience, and a great deal of discipline to not erase the confidence of these glorified highwaymen, and common thugs, as he saw them. Instead he remains calm, directing his anger elsewhere and nods,[color=#FFBF00:12280cv3] "Very well, but hopefully you've better manners than the last person 'asking' questions."[/color:12280cv3] Referring of course to the cleric who now lie dead, and is accused of attempted murder.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Tristian, he did not have to turn his anger toward the humans around him, but rather let it filter out to his Companion, Vidanya, as she lazily circled above the forest, watching both the eagles and conflict below. Feeling his anger and intent from across the small distance separating them, without delay, it is relayed, sending through the forest below, to all creatures of nature, even to the attention of any Fae-folk, and of course if any happen to dwell within the same forest, druid-circles. This little town has been judged an affront to Nature, an enemy to her priests, and must be punished. Both wild and domestic animals alike are called upon to heed this call to punish these humans who would dare violate Nature so, including the town's own horses, dogs, and livestock. It would not take long, for the forest and perhaps the town itself to be teeming with activity closing in on that little town, or attacking it from within, for when a Druid judges a person or place in such a fashion, it is usually accepted as law in Nature's courts. Horses violently refusing to be ridden, perhaps even kicking people, dogs banding together to attack and bring down soldiers, a new chaos erupting that only a druid could put down without having to kill all these animals.

Even before Aurora can lead her friends to the rescue, this approaching march of beasts will bring passing by the small gathering, a porcupine, irritated badger, a wolf, and even a big old grizzly. Dragon and humanoids, totally ignored, only from one wolf to another, do any of them pause, to inform Aurora of the news, a friend of all animals, needs their help.

The first attacks from the forest though, to reach the town would come in almost oddly coordinated waves of bird droppings raining down on the walkways along the outer walls, worse than making them disgustingly filthy, making them slick and slippery, a difficult place to move around quickly without falling.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote:12280cv3]"That and I know of one very powerful archangel who'd be more than willing to bring the weapon before the majestic slopes of Mount Celestia, and leave the toad-sticker there to warp, as the holy energies of the plane destroy it, one metal shard at a time,"[/quote:12280cv3]

[color=#FF0000:12280cv3]<<Ya hear that? This is not the time for us to be arguing, release my hand, and I swear, there'll be a grander meal very soon.>>[/color:12280cv3] A nervous bead of sweat forming on his brow, Vailintin anxiously mentally argues with the hungry rapier, a sentient weapon more driven by its insatiable bloodthirsty hunger, than cruelty, just as true to it's vampiric nature, as an actual vampire. One could swear the sentience within might have once belonged to an actual vampire in fact, if they were to become familiar with it. back the hungry blade fought though, [color=#800000:12280cv3]<<NO! No more waiting, no more of this weakness you've been getting us both involved in!>>[/color:12280cv3]

Shaky hand moves back and forth still, and Vailintin hardly notices the strangeness of the forest, as animals great and small, and seldom able to get along, move almost as one towards that little town, [color=#FF0000:12280cv3]<<Yes, fine, I've been a fool, but don't do this, we'll both feast and soon, if you'll trust me. We have a dragon's promise of your destruction, and we both know they don't bluff!>>[/color:12280cv3] Perhaps it is the threat of destruction, or perhaps it is that Vail has admitted a folly for not heeding the blade's advice all this night, but suddenly, his hand is steady again, and he is able to lower the rapier, and slide it back into its appointed scabbard. Still, he gives a slight twist and push of that dagger at the elf's back, pushing her much closer to the dragon, unless she resists the push, which results in two shallow triangular cuts, stabbed into her back and delivering a dose of Darklight Brew, the initial effect, weakening her body both physically as well as its ability to resist further poisons, or even diseases. Soon to follow, should the poison's effects be felt, would be a full hour of blindness.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Leaving the guards to put the man into the cell, commander lowered his axe, leading the elf up to his quarters. Passing through the posts at duty, he gave salute to his soldiers, keeping eye on the visitor. Finally, after taking last steps of the stairs, he opened the reinforced door, entering his room. The walls, were just as unfriendly as his demeanor, cold stone walls and floor nearly empty, except for the countless weapons hanged on display, varying from the most common as clubs to the more exotic, like chain halberds and enormous heavy blade, not really fitting for any man. Near the small windows were standing a table and two chair, one furnished with red silk and black wood and another made from a sturdy oak. From the right of them was put another door, this one made of steel. Taking a seat in simpler chair, soldier put away the weapons and pointed at the opposite chair.
"Take a sit or stand if you like. I need your name and occupation. I am Harold Cornwell, chief of the armed force sworn to protect this land."

Disturbance of the lands was not noted by many folk, who were mostly sleeping in their beds except for few of them sitting in the tavern, drunk and drowsy. Yet, there were those who felt it distinctly.

In the hills, caverns of goblins were deadly silent. Sliding his sword out of the another goblinoid vermin, young ranger was ready to continue his routine. This was boring task, but it was the only way to not give lord of the lands another reason to waste money on weapons instead of food and resources needed for good harvest. Just when his trained ears started to track another group of monsters, a wave of savage anger swept the land and howls of horrified goblinoids echoed underground. Sweating and shaking, human felt that something was terribly wrong and moved to the entrance, out of the caves.

Sitting in her hut, wizened hag was sitting in midnight prayer for better crops and fair weather without droughts. Her communion was broken by call of nature, which was one of violence, one of war. Many things were present in the head of the hierophant as she opened her eyes - confusion, sadness, tiredness. And for the first time after many years, anger. For many years she was living here, helping simple peasants to not depend on luck, but educating them and converting to the ways of Lady of Harvests. There was nothing to her knowledge that could make this place an enemy of the nature. Standing up, she took out a dusty staff that had not seen the light of sun too often and departed to the epicenter of the chaos, which originated from the fort.

"Just wait for it...Wait for it...Waaaaaaait for it..."
Cellar of one simple tavern was turned into small alchemical lab filled with tomes of magic and numbers of rare ingredients. The experiment of the day (or night) this time was search for familiar out of simple animals. It would be very simple task if the old wizard was not so picky. Five cells were standing in the small room with bats, parrots, canaries, rats and rabbits. The most promising subject was under the last test to prepare to the binding ritual.
"Come on, good boy, don't be shy. I like it, so you should too."
Rabbit was more or less docile, sniffing small plate with some gruel. Finally, it sensed no danger and tried to eat some of it. The wizards triumph was as great as if he found a new spell or created an unique artifact.
"Welcome to the big family, my newfound famili..." His hand moved to pet the animal and it suddenly jumped to bite his finger. Squealing in pain, mage chanted a spell and shoot a green ray at the animal, leaving it frozen in midair.
"Why, you ungrateful bag of fur! Just wait until I..." Words fell out of his mind as he saw the frenzy in which the other creatures entered. Cacophony of sounds told of great mishap to the wizard, which was not of his doing. Putting a figurine-like animal into the empty cage, skinny hand moved to the shiny crystal ball. Using the spell he prepared to peep on his trade rival this night, mage concentrated his attention on the outskirts of the village.

Elf-drow was about to say something when she gave a relieved sigh from the blade moving away from her throat. Suddenly, push of the dagger made her yelp and jump away from the pointy blade on respectable distance quickly with lingering enchantments on her legs still present. Staggering away from the dragon, she touched the smeared chain links, giving careful look at the substance on her pale fingers. Some kind of poison. Wiping fingers against the clothes, she gave a glare of the backstabber, taking a good look at him with her vision. Then, her sword-hand put the broad blade into sheathes and she turned to the dragon.
"I have no quarrel with you, the human and his... family."
Cringing her lips at the woman, who she now could see clearly, she discovered her being not just a demon. Resemblance to elves gave an idea what it might be. She remembered a text with legend about tainted half-bloods, which came after appearance of drow. Could it be one of them? Yet children were grabbing her tightly, almost familiar expression on their face. It seems there are at least two facts confirmed.
"Interesting." Cheery expression of lightness came, despite presence of dragon and two humans surrounding her. "I really don't! But..." Pointing a finger at the tiefling, smile turned into impish grin. "He is a different story."
Some strange feeling overwhelmed her. Eagles grew restless, crying at the call, resisting call to berserk with their home being beyond these skies and stars. Shudder came through her transmuted body. Yet face did not betray fear. Instead, even wider smile came.
"Hey... You know, I cannot believe you fear so much of unarmed captive so much to do that... It is you, isn't it?"
Gut feeling said that it could be wrong.
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

[quote:xxsuy3zs]"Take a sit or stand if you like. I need your name and occupation. I am Harold Cornwell, chief of the armed force sworn to protect this land."[/quote:xxsuy3zs]

Tristian, not unfamiliar to such rooms, not at all unsettled by this room's decor. Already he suspects deceit, however, and elects to remain standing, [color=#FFBF00:xxsuy3zs]"Tristian, a Druid, of Clan Gyssemitori. My clan, we are based out of Neverwinter Forest, and hunting vampires is not a thing we're hired for, it is what I believe you would call the family business. It is little surprise that you've not heard of us though, with the aid of the priests of Helm, and so many retired adventurers dwelling here, we've not had many reasons to visit here, I'm sure. So, I suppose you would ask why I came at all.The scent of freshly spilled human blood was part of it, but I also feel, Selune guided me here. She is the patron goddess of my clan, and now that I am here, I've even greater faith 'twas her will. The wolf you have caught, he is not yet in Malar's clutches, I would see him find his way to Selune, before Malar does find him. Particularly, as with the rest of my clan, and myself, I feel him a worthy candidate for the Lythari order." [/color:xxsuy3zs]

Tristian begins to pace a bit, agitated, in part feeling the chaos outside, but dismissing it for his own frustration, [color=#FFBF00:xxsuy3zs]"Pray, forgive me, bringing up matters of gods and faith, I am concerned merely that tonight's events might not have been, had Selune led me to this man sooner. If you require someone to vouch for my reputation, there is a Paladin out in the forest, that my animal companion has found when I sent her to bring me some help. I owe him my life after a little magical mishap in Longsaddle, teleported me, unarmed, into Underdark, and close by within territory of a Lolthite Drow city. He is a man of strange surprises, great passion, and a dark rage that he seems to struggle with keeping in check, but his honor is without question. If further proof you need, my clan is in good standing with some of the lords of Waterdeep, the Harpell family in Longsaddle, and of course, the Mage's Tower in Neverwinter. "[/color:xxsuy3zs]

Nothing hidden, nothing lied about, not even a Zone of Truth could hope to squeeze a more honest introduction from him. He stops his pacing, and if there is a window, it is there he stops, to gaze out into the night sky. If not, his pacing is halted facing this Chief Cornwell, with eyes shut for a moment, trying to calm himself.

While the call to punish the human town is being heeded by nearly the whole forest, Vidanya manages to resist the urge to join in, driven by the urgency to bring the help she was sent for. Down from her circling she glides, until landing in a tree, wings folding and climbing through the branches. She may not be able to communicate to the gathering of dragon and humanoids, but the white wolf she knows is not of the mortal world, and attempts to commune with Aurora in the same way she did with the other animals,[color=#8000BF:xxsuy3zs] ~My life-mate calls for the help of your brother, I sense he is alive and safe, but agitated.~
[/color:xxsuy3zs]

[quote:xxsuy3zs]Pointing a finger at the tiefling, smile turned into impish grin. "He is a different story."[/quote:xxsuy3zs]

Even before this comment is cast, Vailintin has recovered his composure, and the promise of future encounters with this elf hunter, he flourishes a bow, and flashes a debonair smirk, [color=#FF0000:xxsuy3zs]"You honor me, milady, I look forward to dancing with you. However, it shall have to wait, I am already spoken for this night, and however long it takes to see the good Paladin safely out of this wood."[/color:xxsuy3zs] Then he arises, stealing a brief glance at Neriah, having a sneaking suspicion she would like that response. Promptly though, his eyes return to this elf-drow girl, and adds,[color=#FF0000:xxsuy3zs] "Though, I suspect you will have competition for my time, I'm a very... popular man, and people ranging from barbarian chieftains to wealthy nobles are so eager for my company that they offer sizable rewards for those who can arrange it."[/color:xxsuy3zs]

This, a way of many a rogue, and particularly the bold and sometimes-charming ones, of confessing to having many bounties out for their capture. Deliberate, or a slip-of-the-tongue, however, one may wonder, is his mention of barbarian chieftains wanting him captured, with Veraka present to hear of it. Who knows? It could be a bit of both, but he doesn't seem worried that he said such. Two things he privately knows deep down inside, he's not about to hang up his blades anytime soon, and there are some of his misdeeds, he genuinely regrets. Besides, he envies Neriah in many ways, but is not fool enough to dream of trying to steal her away from Veraka. Maybe it's due time, to face the consequences for a night of drunken revelry, and the lass he ran from before they could be married, or hand-fasted, or whatever barbarian clans call it.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Sitting on the chair, grizzled man listened to the elf, giving a sigh when he proclaimed his occupation.
*I knew it. Treehugger. I hate treehuggers.* Thought ringed in his mind as he tapped at the handle of the axe. In his young age he heard once of the vampire hunter of his clan, yet he never gave it much credit, with so many elven names sounding so similar to his ears. Still does not.
For some time he wondered if the demihuman of forests was not simply lying to him, but then his attention moved to his confession. His posture changing, commander moved his chair closer.
"A paladin? Here?" Facial features cringed as if struggling to remember something. "Then, I am afraid, your position is much harder. The man you call your friend resisted arrest and questioning with aggression. Your fate then rests on his further actions, since the matter is urgent and not much time is at hand. Not only the death of cleric is great crime for whoever is responsible, but enmity of many orders will follow in his wake. My guess inquisitors are hard to come by."

Withered hag moved through the night with great urgency and speed she was capable at her age. Still, with help of her staff, she was already near the gates to the fortification. Not being granted an audience quickly, wise woman decided to not waste time and moved away from the stubborn men. Out of their sight, prayers to the Chauntea sounded and crow soared into the sky where she was standing, flying to the windows of the building.

"...Weird."
For some time wizard was searching for answer with his divination, yet the image on the scrying device did not give answers. Still, he noticed strange actions of the woman he known as 'farm druid' and other, more personal names. What could she want at such time in the keep at such time? Is it coincidence that she acted today, right when the animals went berserk? Taking out a wand to silence the screaming animals with magic, mage strained his concentration to spy on her.

Already in his home, clad in armor different from one he loaned, black as night and shimmering from being polished every day, Kras was in other kind of concentration. Kneeling with holy symbol of Helm in his gauntlet, his lips whispered the tenets holy to many people of duty he was holding once. Words of Code of Conduct sounded as litany. Unlike the other paladins, he knew the true meaning of the rules many follow fervently. Even if many thought otherwise, these sacred laws were more his life than any could imagine. Now, he wanted to serve again. Because there was enough of this.
Minutes felt like hours, but sign was finally given. Feeling the vigor impossible for his age, old man stood up, taking his helm and greatsword, scabbarded and laying before him. Saying prayer to his patron, old lips said final ceremonial oath of his order.
"Criminals will be punished. Betrayers will be cursed."

Running through the hills, wounded and bleeding, young warrior was fighting for his life. Yet he knew only his wit made it possible to escape. Ranger was determined to get the warning as fast as he could. Dying now was not an option. He tumbled down the slope, loosing balance, gritting his teeth to not lose consciousness. Only just more time.
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

Expecting a struggle? Difficulty placing the large woodsman in his cell? No such luck, as he goes quite peacefully, and once in his cell, lies down where ever he can find the room for it, and since it's no secret anymore, returns to his hybrid form, large seven foot man transforming into fourteen foot black biped wolf. Hearing suddenly more acute, sounds he couldn't hear before, now barely audible, he lets out a low rumbling chuckle, then calls, [i:1061p8lr]"Guard! I'm sure yer a tough fellah, but if yer the only company I'm to be havin', figure I should warn ye, best ta keep yerself indoors, an' if ye have any dogs down 'ere, best lock 'em in with me, or take a cell fer yerself before ye think of sleepin'. From what I'm hearin', there's not an animal 'round that's not angry with ye an' yer kin."[/i:1061p8lr]
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

The armed men warily pointed their weapons as the captive moved to the cell by himself. Isolated room of stone walls and thick door with iron coating and two lids, for food and examination respectively. Closing the door behind the woodsman, only one of the guards had chance to glimpse the transformation before he closed the eyelid. He was first to take a shift in different wing.
The rest only shrugged at the guttural speech, giving hand signs to give instructions about the new choirs. Leaving few warriors on the post, the rest split again, one half inspecting corpse and questioning the sentries. The other warriors went to report situation.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[quote:m9bhx14y]"I have no quarrel with you, the human and his... family."[/quote:m9bhx14y]

Jormung inclined his massive golden scaled head; "smart girl," the gold dragon's deep voice resonated.
With that said and done, Jormungander turned to regard Vailintin. It was when the dragon did this, that Veraka waved the tiefling off, an indication that he should release the female drow-in-disguise.

Neriah noticed the female elf staring at her for a longer than usual amount of time; it didn't strike her as odd, given the nature of her figure, and the demonic physical traits that gave away her heritage as infernal. However, Neriah had been alive much, [b:m9bhx14y]much[/b:m9bhx14y] longer than her husband, and over the course of time, had come to realize that some of such stares were often in recognition or attempted recognition as to the identity of her race.
"If you're curious as to what I am, simply put, I am a fey'ri; a subrace of sun elves with Tanar'ri blood flowing through our veins." Neriah's voice carried over the rustling of ground under Jormungs giant claws, well within the audible range for the female disguised drow to hear her words.

Aurora, the only one who felt some sense of urgency to find this town, now paced about, about, until finally, the giant Dire-bat came flapping down from the branches above.
[quote:m9bhx14y]My life-mate calls for the help of your brother, I sense he is alive and safe, but agitated.[/quote:m9bhx14y]
Aurora then let out a long howl, like she was calling to the moon; [i:m9bhx14y]Little brother; that woodsmen we met earlier is in need of our assistance, NOW![/i:m9bhx14y]

Veraka turned to regard his winter wolf sister; "just what are you talking about, Aurora?"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

*Note to self - find dragon-slaying sword.* Thought resonated when wyrm said his comment with arrogance. Even if it was mighty dragon, goodly metallic subtype or whatever his achievements were, only few could have right to state their superiority over her without fear of getting in accident. Even with his enormous power, the lizard could still bleed.
Jumping away from the Vailintin on safe distance, she gave quick gesture and word, positive energy surging to her hand, then to the cut of the blade. *casts Cure Light Wounds*
Touching the neck, she was relieved that her expertise in healing was worth it. There was no trace of the scar to ruin her fair skin.
For a minute wondering if she should dispel the transmutation in face of her identity revealed, Eo decided not to. At least they did not see her true face. That could be useful if something goes wrong. Feeling the enchantment of speed dissipating, she stood still not taking any measures to escape. There was still matter of argument. Not only that, the sudden erratic screams of eagles said that something was wrong. She dismissed the burden back to their home plane.

Her guess correct, drow listened, glancing at the dragon and suddenly appearing giant bat with thick hide and fur. To keep the cheery way, she unstrapped the mandolin, making simple tune. "Sure. I believe that, miss I-am-so-great-that-I-do-not-need-to-hide-that." To give mocking accent, fingers moved faster, strings producing sharp sounds. "If I was a peasant, I would think that either you lost two of your unholy teddy bears and got replacement or you glued these little hands to yourself in some way of strange sick child torture. But I am not, so my only concern is that dog of yours, which looks like it needs a place to take her time."
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

A heavy sigh and a shake of Tristian's head at this news of his friend, musing aloud, [i:260hg6pt][color=#FFBF00:260hg6pt]"Ahh Veraka, when will you learn the discipline to control that temper of yours."[/color:260hg6pt][/i:260hg6pt] He turns back then to this commander, [color=#FFBF00:260hg6pt]"To be honest sir, for all that I have heard of the holy dogma of Helm, I have no love for your fellows either, however, we need not be enemies here. Our differences aside, however, I could still procure other individuals to vouch for my credibility if necessary, however, it will take more time, I fear than either of us have before this trial, and before many my clan arrives, when I have failed to report in from my patrol, which is due by sunrise."[/color:260hg6pt] A few moments more does he spend at the window, gazing out, lips barely moving, in faint whispers. At last, from gazing outdoors does Tristian finally return, and have a seat, thinking things through now,[color=#FFBF00:260hg6pt] "It may take them some time to locate me, but in the end, it would be for the best, I think, if I and the woodsman are well on our way to leaving, unless you wish to try to arrest my entire clan, from which your pitiful walls will offer no protection. And even if you succeed at such, you would draw a great deal of undesirable attention from Lord Nasher of Neverwinter, and Waterdeep's Blackstaff Tower, at which point sir, I dare say you and your fellows will be extremely out of your league, and be doing a great deal of apologizing."[/color:260hg6pt]

Isn't political pressure grand? It's always good to have allies in high places, and Tristian knows this, in fact is counting on it to take precedence over appeasing zealots, but not counting on that alone. During his time at the window, a simple moth, drawn to the light within, did he speak with, and send on its way. 'To where?' one might wonder. Only an old lady, praying to Chauntea would find this out, as the moth carries his message to her. Enough to inform her of the matters at hand, the frightened faithless woodsman being held prisoner, the druid trying to secure the woodsman's release, despite prejudices against his race and druids in general, and a plea for her help, in reasoning with the Helmites. Furthermore, now while he sets in that chair, does Tristian devote a few seconds to silent prayer himself, begging Selune for aid of any form.

Back to the affairs of Vidanya, she knows now that help is called for from her mate's friend. Now is the time, to return to the skies, and let the wolf lead dragon and paladin to a needed rescue. As for her, she flies for Neverwinter Wood, making all haste to return to the Gyssemitori Clan compound. For her to return alone, will arouse concern, and when other druids or rangers of the clan commune with her, sunrise will mark the approach of not quite the whole clan, but a small specially selected team, for a rescue, if Tristian's efforts fail.

Meanwhile, time enough has passed, since Vidanya relayed the message to all the woodlands below, to turn on the humans, that many of those that began their trek towards the village, now make travel in or out, be it for guards, or simple townsfolk, nearly impossible without risk of being ripped apart, and what's more, is what happens when wild birds, find their ways in through windows of homes and taverns alike, angry at the humans, angry enough to come en mass, scratching, and pecking, either forcing people into hiding, or out into the streets where they're even more vulnerable. Chaos, is about to ensue, and truly it will take a miracle, a druid, or a shaman maybe, to restore the peace.

Now then, though Vailintin can't even begin to know what the animals are discussing, even he gets the impression that he should follow Aurora, and be quick about it. So when this half-drow girl speaks so crudely about the wolf, he quips at her,[color=#FF0000:260hg6pt] "I suggest you shut your trap, and we ALL follow the wolf, where ever she's in a hurry to get to, before you find yourself on a one-way trip to Chuult."[/color:260hg6pt] Maybe he could strike a bargain with the Yuan-Ti, he is thinking, she would make a nice bit of variety in the diet of living sacrifices to their 'god', and he may find a means to open a business dialogue with them. Current matters at hand first though, he glances to Veraka,[color=#FF0000:260hg6pt] "Whatever your magnificent wolf is wanting us to do, can we hurry along? I doubt it's even possible I could hear her as you do, and even I can see it's urgent."[/color:260hg6pt] That said, he moves to stand near Aurora, genuine curiosity in his eyes, should she look his way as he joins her in urgency to get moving.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Crossing hands behind his back, the soldier sharply looked at the elf with sullen gaze. The uncharacteristic for druids pompousness was gnawing at the discipline that held him tightly from slaying him outright with any weapon of his collection.
"Hold your threats to yerself, knife-ear. You can spill many names, from Elminster to whatever the devils call themselves, but you won't get leverage. Like in many places, good werewolf is dead one. I only made exception because my friend asked me to. By all laws, you forcefully intruded into the military base of operations to take away culprit. And..." he pointed finger in his direction "...tried to make guards look away from murder with coins. Rotten scum that hides behind prestige of whatever you got yourself, I do not see why he even told me to let you even stay here, in my armory! Even Zhents will kick ya out of their plaguelands!" Color of his face gone blood red and hand was shaking from the frenzy nearly blinding him. It was miraculous that his free hand was away from battle axe. It was rare sight for druid to see, especially after decades of calm. Already sitting on narrow edge of the window, she listened to hear more before believing which side was right.

Picking a pace of the music, the drow started to weave melodically, the backpack jingling with something metallic. "I don't give in to men on first date, so no. Booh. Go frolic in your jungles by yourself as simian you are. Humidity is bad for my hair. And so is waiting. Can someone let the poor doggie do her thing in private or what?"
*Backstabbing knave. Definitely in my black list.* Bloody ideas swirled in her head, breaking her focus on play. Still, smile was on, and so was mood.

Night-clad warrior moved to the gates, sensing that it will be crucial place for him to wait. Yet, his decision was shaken when he saw guards dragging in wounded man, nearly a boy. His eyes recognized the daredevil under gore, making him double his haste. Asking questions could wait. First, comes fight for life.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

[t:34zoa8xq]He was alive. That was the first thought that lit the deepest corners of Jherall's mind. The next thought was that he was unbearably hungry. His eyes sprang open. Jherall looked around and found himself in a small cavern. After a few breaths of the stale air, Jherall quickly realized that he was fully closed in under the earth. Coughing from the poor air in his impromptu tomb, he activated the magic of the ring on his left hand, and he quickly rose through the stone. It took him several seconds before his head broke through, and Jherall spread his wings, soaring high into the night air above Faerun. Drawing upon the power inherent in his fiendish blood, Jherall vanished from sight and beating his wings, he flew off in the direction of a small collection of lights he prayed would be a village. While he could have easily flown over the walls, still invisible Jherall decided to take a simpler approach.
[t:34zoa8xq]Letting his spell of invisibility disappear into tatters, Jherall's fingers moved through the motions of a polymorphing spell. His jet black hair tied itself into a sharp knot, and took on the luster of a well groomed nobleman's. The horns curling up from his brow shrank down into his scalp, leaving no mark. The bat-like wings likewise shrank into his shoulder blades and the cloak hung normally on his shoulders once more. His teeth crackled and snapped as the length and sharpness of both lower and upper canines were replaced by the normal teeth of a human. The skin of his hand smoked slightly as the brand of Asmodeus was hidden under newly formed skin. His sharp talons shrank into shorter, more brittle nails. Jherall stretched his neck, getting accustomed to the changes, as his spinal cord stretched by several vertebrae, adding a few inches on his height. He highly doubted that any would recognize him. He was, after all, a mage of High Netheril, none of the Lower Netherese would know of him by face. Lastly giving his hands a shake, the scales on his fingers, up his arms and almost all over his body turned into the smooth skin of a pale human. His stomach growled mightily, and Jherall scowled. He stepped out of the shadows of the forest, and hurrying along the path to the gates of the small village waited before stepping within range of the torch light before calling out,
[highlight=#ff0000:34zoa8xq]"Hail, brave guardsmen of this village, have thee any vittles for a famished traveler such as I to feast upon? I must say I am quite famished, and would owe thee a great debt if I could pass through thy gates, and make a beeline for thy festhalls."[/highlight:34zoa8xq]
His robes marked him clearly as a wizard, and one of fairly high skill, or deep pockets. However, in his haste, Jherall had forgotten to change his eyes, the irises were just slightly too large for those of an average human, and the pupils had a slightly reptilian look about them.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Guards were very shaken after meeting the youth they knew to be on the verge of death. When man appeared, they nearly went for their weapons in haste. They had their orders.
"Hold, traveler. We have a situation here, so all visitors are to be questioned in this fort. Just wait until we get sir Kras here." With that said, one of them moved to the door, tapping at it. When it opened, he entered hastily. Remaining warden was not very comfortable being alone with stranger at this time, even with crossbowers watching them with armed weapons on the walls. He could not see the pupils of the visitor in the night dark veiling it, but he still asked.
"Say, what is with your eyes?" He rubbed his eyes, hoping it was just exhaustion from all-night shift.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

[highlight=#ff0000:3pect2kg]"My eyes?"[/highlight:3pect2kg]Jherall was genuinely confused, not realizing his mistake. [highlight=#ff0000:3pect2kg]"I know not. Perhaps tis a trick of the light? Or mayhap tis naught more than the result of a long shift? I can see you are worried, would it make you feel safer if I allowed my hands to be tied up? If it gets me some food quicker I shan't mind."[/highlight:3pect2kg]
He extended his hands, threading his fingers so they couldn't be tied together. [highlight=#ff0000:3pect2kg]"Ah, since we are enjoying this nice tete a tete, perhaps I might bother ye, what year is this? And might ye direct me towards the nearest flying citadel. I fear there might have been a mishap with the spell, and I would be much obliged to thee if ye helped me in this."[/highlight:3pect2kg]
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

For a minute guard looked blankly at the man who offered his hands to be shackled. If not for his helmet, lower jaw would literally fall off from the socket in amazement from both behavior and speech of newcomer. Yet even this precious moment was lost to gathering of discipline taught by harsh mentor. Walking away without taking his eyes from the man in robes, he moved to the door in the gates, knocking on it. "Roj? Are you there? We have a wacko here. Little help?"

Soon his comrade returned, man in full suit of shiny black armor behind him. Helm with crest of three crossed blades in his hands, the face held visage of worry and contemplation. Turning his gaze to the visitor, his features changed to cold and motionless like of a statue. "Welcome, pilgrim. Come into the fort. We have to talk." Waving to enter the door, he asked the same of guards. "It is safer inside. Keep watch from the towers." Waiting for the men to enter, he given last glance to the hills before following.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

[highlight=#ff0000:2rmjkbhy]"I take offense at that moniker thou hast given me. I am in fully in control of my mental faculties, thank thee very much."[/highlight:2rmjkbhy] Jherall followed the man in the fancy armor inside the fort, pausing for an instant to modify the conditions of his contingency to activate upon bodily harm, of any kind. Painting his best innocent smile on his face, Jherall walked into the fort. [highlight=#ff0000:2rmjkbhy]"I say, what does a fellow have to do to get some food around here? I can reimburse thee for thy kindness if I must."[/highlight:2rmjkbhy] He pulled out a pair of gold High Netherese coins and tossed them on the table.

Zyeke