Test run!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Re: Test run!

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Jherall stood up, and the stool gently glided back to its original position, [highlight=#ff0000:3jqn35z1]"Keep thy money and glory. Money I have, and what use is glory to one who's people are no more? I shall help thee to the best of my abilities."[/highlight:3jqn35z1] He walked out of the door, [highlight=#ff0000:3jqn35z1]"I only wish to be given access to thy village archives."[/highlight:3jqn35z1] Jherall waited for the paladin to continue his tale.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"All in time, stranger. I do not command this garrison and the one who is in charge will make his decision." Stepping first, he moved ahead to lead the man to the commander's room. He was not comfortable with half-fiend being behind his back, but knew that he should prevent the guards from making aggressive steps. In case the mage will show his ill intents, Kars decided to deal with it personally.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Jherall tucked his wings under the folds of his cloak and silently followed Kars to the commander's quarters. As the two walked Jherall's gaze wandered around the walls of the village, trying to find some sign of the danger that had this obviously powerful man concerned.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

Discipline worn down, false and faked pretenses of genuine cooperation and civility cast aside, Tristian smiles,[color=#FFBF00:33y3y7e2] "Now that we're done pretending that you're more civil and unprejudiced than you actually are, perhaps we can be honest with each other now, rather than all this posturing, and pretending. To clarify, I had no intention of offering coin when I offered compensation. Crimes aside, you're now shorted a cleric, and The Temple of Selune, I am sure would be more than willing to send a temporary, or perhaps even permanent replacement. Second, you and your fellows invoke the name of Helm a great deal around here. I realize that Helm is very strict in regards to justice, and vigilance, and unlike Tyr, god and followers alike, know very little about compassion or forgiveness. That in mind, you can hardly expect me to have any trust in that this 'trial' will be unbiased, or fair. Everyone here, is so eager to kill that prisoner for being what he is, and never mind what he has or hasn't done. Have you any intent of allowing him to live to see a trial? Who is investigating the scene of the crime? What are their qualifications, and can it be proven they'll report their findings without bias?"[/color:33y3y7e2]

He's more than enough expecting and even anticipating this guard will try something soon, maybe even make a swing with a sword or axe, quietly prepared, his will focused, a druid ability relying not upon spell-casting, and more on supernatural ability held prepared, he presses on, [color=#FFBF00:33y3y7e2]"Before you answer, or even reach for that weapon, I've some things for you to consider. The wolf did not reveal himself until he was cornered and had nothing left to lose but his life, prepared to fight in order to escape. A man, or beast that does not bear arms until they're running away, is not the sort that comes intending harm. Had his intent been to infect your town, or to attack it, he would have been much more discreet, or arrived at your gates on the attack from the start. He has been cooperative every moment someone hasn't been trying to kill him. Were he the savage unthinking monster you suggest, I would have been putting him down myself, and you'd be having your funeral tomorrow, as would a number of other guards. He's gone to your cell peacefully, and in no small part thanks to how I handled the situation. Your men, for all their vaunted experience, owe me their lives this night."[/color:33y3y7e2]

He pauses to let this sink in, but not so long as to allow for interruption, then continues, [color=#FFBF00:33y3y7e2]"The prisoner's violent behavior only occurring when he's been threatened by an attack, demonstrates someone only trying to defend them self. I propose a different chain of events, which I can certainly test, when I am allowed to question the prisoner, and inspect the crime scene. I propose, that he arrived here, in guise of his human form, attempted to carry on that ruse in hopes of it not being seen through. When he was in that room with your cleric, somehow the prisoner was forced to reveal his secrets, and then as is obviously the habit of the people of this town, and Helmites alike, attempted to kill your prisoner, based solely on some form of self-righteous jealousy, which easily equates to vigilante justice, which in most civilizations that claim to be of a goodly nature, is illegal. Now, without liberty to investigate, I can't be certain, but I'm inclined to believe the prisoner attempted to defend himself by as many non-lethal avenues as were at his disposal, first, and ultimately, when all these failed, was forced to kill his attacker in order to preserve his own life. Not even you, I am sure, would allow someone to kill you in cold blood, simply for the heritage of your birth. Now I grant, the prisoner is obviously the killer, I'm not about to argue that. However, there can be no justice here, if you would damn a man to be executed for his heritage, and use a killing that neither you nor I have any evidence of the circumstances, yet, as an excuse to turn this trial into a glorified lynching."[/color:33y3y7e2]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now then, to see a dragon, a GOLD dragon no less, about to permit him a ride, there is a brief pause of disbelief. Not about to make the dragon wait, much less reject his offer or try his patience, Vailintin, without delay, steps forward, and cautious as he goes, climbs astride the great shimmering back. Aside he declares to the disguised Drow,[color=#FF0000:33y3y7e2] "Like he said, that's what you get for insulting the wolf, now quit whining about a pair of boots and get up here, before you offend the dragon, and HE gets even with you. 'Cause if I end up having to clean elf-blood out of my cloak, I'll be hunting you down to kick yer arse all around the hereafter."[/color:33y3y7e2]
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

All this time the druid listened to the words, carefully weighing the arguments. Already learning the tale from insect on the flight, crow moved on the stone of the wall, pacing and pecking with beak the dust, more for scenery than any reason. She wanted to learn more. Feeling a nudge of scrying aimed at her, Cleira wondered if something was more than it looked like. Repelling the divination, bird issued a cawing, looking out of the window to the forests.
Oblivious to the presence of another so hated tree huggers, hot headed soldier listened, his teeth screeching in rage. More than anything he wanted to throw the elf out of the window the moment he heard of replacement. Being a survivor of skirmishes, Harold accepted the term, since deaths were not so common on field of battle. But this was not war. Suddenly, his face closed in to the elf, locking stares at distance of stretched palm.
"I will prove you wrong, stick-man. Any behavior that may prove that scum guilty will be used accordingly. And if he will be found guilty, none of your fancy clan, not Lords of Waterdeep, not even Blackstaff himself won't save him." Low growl sounded through his shut jaws.

Walking on the walls to the next stairs, Kars stopped near another warden who was tight on nerves, nearly shooting from crossbow at sight of monster behind the paladin. Forcing the weapon down, warrior shook the young man.
"At ease, watcher. The man is with me. He is certainly fearsome looking, but so are all mercenaries. What of the patrols that were scouting the perimeter?"
Giving confused expression first to the half-fiend, then to renown champion, man at duty gathered himself to answer.
"No sir. No signals, no sightings, nothing to report."
Hearing the most feared words, old man dismissed the youngster, moving on.

"You surely are quite a skirt chaser to hunt for lady arses." Retorting to the threat, drow chanted the orison to summon water, washing off the foul liquids from the boots with gentle current. [casts Create Water]
At least partially disrupting the smell, drow quickly climbed at the offered back with nimble movements. Crawling near the tiefling, boot saturated with wolf urine and dampness moved close to his face as she climbed farther.
"Oopsie! Watch the nose!" Giggle came from her as she passed, getting comfortable seat with tight hold on the sharp neck spine.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Jherall worked hard to suppress a chuckle at the effect he had on the new recruit. He tapped Kars on the shoulder, using the contact to anchor a spell that allowed him to communicate directly with the paladin's mind. [color=#FF0000:a66ih73a][i:a66ih73a]"So, will they commander give me as warm a welcome as thee, or should I just return back to my... more presentable self?"[/i:a66ih73a][/color:a66ih73a] As the two walked, Jherall reached into the folds of his robes, and pulled out what seemed to be an extremely ornate wand. However, with a snap of his wrist, the wand turned into a staff, taller than the arcanist. The top of the staff was crafted to resemble a reptilian claw, given his heritage it could very well be seen as the hand of a fiend. On the crown of the staff was a large diamond, a small amount of smoke swirled within the gem. The staff itself was made of an exquisite looking wood, sigils and runes twisted and snaked along the body.

Zyeke
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Feeling intrusion of the spell, elder twitched sending fast message before breaking mental link with will power enforced by grace of divine blessings.
*Don't ever do that again.*
Turning to regard the wizard, he stopped, pointing iron finger at the mage.
"We had enough of one surprise. Keep the current form without use of any trinkets, magic or profane abilities, which I am sure you have, and the friendliest reply you can hear is accusation towards me of betraying humankind instead of blade in your forehead."
His eyes gave wary look to the staff, shaking the head in grimace.
"And certainly not that." Then paladin marched to the last set of stairs, wondering how to tell the strange situation.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Jherall shrugged and laughed. [color=#FF0000:1fqyopzw]"Surely thou would not deny an old man his walking stick?"[/color:1fqyopzw] He motioned for Kars to keep going, [color=#FF0000:1fqyopzw]"Besides this staff is the mark of my station. It is always present at a meeting. As the lords and ladies have heralds to shout the lists of their deeds, so does an arcanist have his staff."[/color:1fqyopzw]

Zyeke
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"Then like an old man to the old man..." Without turning back despite expecting nasty trick from fiendling. " ...I tell you. Have some humility." Putting foot on the step, heavy armor ringed, worn despite venerable age.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Jherall chuckled [color=#FF0000:17ipde2u]"Thou art not that old. I have a millennium and several centuries under my belt, how many do you have?" [/color:17ipde2u] He climbed the stair after Kars and followed silently until the pair got to the door of the commander.

Zyeke
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"Enough to not care about my life now." Coming to the entrance, hand reached for the door ring and used it to knock on the wood.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Jherall laughed, [color=#FF0000:15crpiqf] "Preposterous, everyone cares about their life. If you didn't you would hardly have gotten so angry at myself. You would be surprised what you would do, in a pinch."[/color:15crpiqf]

Zyeke
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Somber gaze was given as he waited for reply behind the door. "That is difference between you and me, half-fiend."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Jherall shook his head and met that gaze. [color=#FF0000:368ilg6q]"Nay, the difference between us two is that you follow the tenets of thy god without question. I follow the laws of this world, and this world is not a kind mistress. You have found some greater power worth following. As for myself, I have only found blades in my face, or poisoned daggers behind honeyed words."[/color:368ilg6q]

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka, seated atop his warcharger, Blaze, blitzed onward, following Aurora. The winter wolf was making incredible time, given the distance that she had already crossed. It was when Neriah pointed out smoke over the horizon, that Veraka braced himself for a [i:h4l8khnl]warm[/i:h4l8khnl] reception. Blaze continued to run on, his gleaming mithral armor clinking with each hoof-fall.

Aurora continued onward, her white paws carrying her over great distances. Finally she was getting a sign that she was near. The scent of the woodsmen was stronger than ever in the air.
[i:h4l8khnl]Hurry little brother, we're very close now.[/i:h4l8khnl]

=============

Jormungander was pleased to see that these two bipeds had enough sense to accept his offer, lest of all, test his already tried nerves. At Vailintin's quick pause of astonishment, the gold wyrm chuckled in his throat. Aurora's scent on the drow's boots got to his nostrils, and the dragon didn't blame the drowess for washing her boots off. However, she HAD it coming, teasing a wolf was a faster way of getting that payback.

[i:h4l8khnl]If you don't want to get chomped on, don't piss off those with teeth,.[/i:h4l8khnl] the dragon thought to himself, as he let the drow-in-disguise climb on, and situate herself.
[i:h4l8khnl]in this case, don't test those with thinned patience.[/i:h4l8khnl]

"Now hang on," Jormung rumbled as he spread his golden wings. He crouched on his rear legs, and leapt into the air, his great wings filling with air, propelling the three of them into the air. If either of his passengers hadn't taken his word seriously, they'd have after that. The speed at which he took off was enough to cause whiplash to the neck. With each flap, Jormungander gained altitude, and speed. The air rushed around his face and through his frame as he inhaled.
[i:h4l8khnl]Ahhh, back in the air, where a dragon belongs.[/i:h4l8khnl]

He could only guess as to how his two passengers were feeling right then; "quite the exhilaration, is it not?" he bellowed to them.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix