Test run!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rainbow Prism
Regular

Re: Test run!

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Three more men came on sound of alert, pointing their spears and halberds. Listening to the man who looked like a victim, two guards present moved into the room warily. They saw a body of the priest, his throat twisted and place where was supposed to be the head having bloody pulp.
"He looks dead enough to me." One of the guards still moved closer. He was interested in gore oozing from the wounded shoulder. "Umm, guys? What that woodsman hit him with?" Taking closer look, he noted the holes in the shoulder armor. "Hey, you know, Barry? These wounds look funny, as if..." Second passed before startled cry sounded.
"Get the woodsman! Now!" Immediately, two sentries and guard left behind turned to the big man, their weapons ready.

The newbie stood near the gates, nervous after the events of this night. He warily looked at the newcomer, another elf. Still, he was relieved to hear this one proclaimed himself a vampire hunter. "Greetings, traveler. You chose bad time to come, but perhaps chief will need your assistance. I will send a word." Putting two fingers in his mouth, he whistled to the men on the walls, signaling about the visitor.

Running through the bushes and ignoring tree branches scratching the face, a creature with appearance of moon elf ran through the forest toward unknown danger. Stopping and taking short rest, her ears caught sound of thundering hooves nearby. Taking out a weapon with some effort, priestess smiled and blown into her hunting horn, then ran into direction of the sound.
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

A light chuckle came from Vailintin after all the advice on his attempts at humor, less sarcasm and more wit. But what's the punchline? He explains,[color=#BF0000:3vljwbt1] "To be quite honest, I'm more accustomed to myself being the target of such shouts and insults. I must admit to feeling somewhat jealous."[/color:3vljwbt1] A few seconds pause as he hastens his pace to try to keep up, and he adds,[color=#BF0000:3vljwbt1] "That, and I don't often have the benefit of people to practice humor upon, except perhaps in Luskan, but drunk pirates laugh too easily I suppose."[/color:3vljwbt1]

Another blow of that annoying horn, and he knows then, this promised battle is near, along with his rapier, and its crimson glow, is drawn a peculiar dagger, the blade styled to resemble the intertwined bodies of a pair of vipers, ending in two sharpened points, the hilt showing the two heads with maws open and fangs exposed. Ornate as this is, it's not without some symbolism, narrow hollow passages exit through the tips of the blades, connected to a reservoir in the hilt, filled with whatever poison the thief has selected to fill it with, a clever and yet very simple delivery system for getting more than one poisoned stab without having to reapply a poison coating. That one he might sell, or trade for a dagger able to do something similar or better, magically.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Tis no sooner than guards are being alerted and gathered to help with his tasks, than Tristian's summoned elemental, swept through the scene of guards, and a cleric beaten to death, sweeps up beside him, a more visible mass of swirling wind, as it becomes stationary, gathering loose dirt and leaves. The druid offers a smile and incline of his head to the elemental, always respectful of the aid of these beings,[color=#FFBF00:3vljwbt1] "What news, friend?"[/color:3vljwbt1] The reply comes in no language the guards would understand, 'tis the secret Druid language, known only to they, and select entities who work with them, but what is told is alarming enough, and he dismisses the elemental back to its own realm with his gratitude. [color=#FFBF00:3vljwbt1]"We have no time for pleasantries I'm afraid, I must see your prisoner immediately, I fear there has been bloodshed already, and there will be much more if we delay."[/color:3vljwbt1] Thankfully, the elemental has already indicated to this elf, where to go to find the large woodsman who has been cause of all this trouble, and he is already on his way, determined to not let this turn into a bloodbath.

Nearing the appropriate structure, between his fingers he blows a sharp whistle to the heavens, which draws out of the sky the approach of a bat, monstrously large, larger than a horse even. This giant among bats, a dire bat, back-winging into a landing and walking in the peculiar fashion one would only ever see a bat do, the short distance to Tristian's side. Such a terrifying sight for these guards, surely, until perhaps Tristian is petting over the bat's face and rubbing behind the ears,[color=#FFBF00:3vljwbt1] "Did you have a good hunt? It seems we've work to do for the Temple of Selune, go find help, and let us pray Malar does not have his claws in this one yet."[/color:3vljwbt1] With a kiss to the huge bat's brow, Tristian sends her off, explaining briefly to the guards no doubt following him, [color=#FFBF00:3vljwbt1]"My companion. Could you kindly open the door, and have your fellows keep their weapons down?"[/color:3vljwbt1]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Within seconds of her departure, the dire bat, so named, Vidanya, soaring over the forest outside of that little town, overhears the blasts of that horn, and the gallop of hooves. Above the noise does she begin to circle, calling to her smaller brethren to indicate the area might be a good place to hunt. As such, before long, below the canopy of the forest, amongst the paths through which paladin, companions and hunting elf run, swarms of bats flutter through, squeaking and chirping to find their way, and in their passing serving as splendid scouts to help pinpoint people to bounce her own echo-location off of, quickly recognizing the shapes of Veraka's armor. She has found help, but now... how to extract it from the forest and bring it to Tristian.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"Commander!" In hurried pace, nearly breathless, messenger from the walls came to the office. "We have another guest!"
"What? Who now?!"
"An elf. He claims himself an undead hunter. He urges to let him in."
*How in Nine Hells do these freaks manage to make a night more troublesome than it is?* Old veteran sighs and gives a sign. "Open the gates and let him go. If he tries to attempt a breakout, take no attempts to capture. Shoot for the kill." Dismissing the soldier, he opens armory and takes one of the weapons he managed to confiscate from the inquisitor. Taking look at the bolts, he decides to take off the exploding and poisoned missiles, leaving ones drugged with paralyzing concoction. He silently cursed the stubborn ex-paladin for taking only heavy shield and no weapon.

Fully armored and equipped with stout heavy kite shield, elderly man moved to the cells when he heard yells from the direction of the cellar. With haste, he ran ahead to intervene.

Beat of the hooves coming closer, elf braced herself for impact jumped out of the bushes. She sensed the eagles coming back soon. Now, there was time for introduction. Jumping out, Eo faced the direction from which horseman was coming and raised a weapon when he was in sight.
"Hey, trollmug! Here I am! Remember me?"
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka, hearing the words of the elf, and then seeing the diminutive shouter in front of Blaze, the paladin leaped off his warcharger, hitting the ground hard and raising himself to his full height of 6'7". Putting armored gloves to his head, Veraka removes his platinum scaled helm, and stares down at the female elf with a pointed look that could've melted adamantine, his face impassive as his silver orbs blaze with fire from the heavens.
"You've got a lot of nerve showing your face now, in front of me, after shouting those not-so pleasant words about my wife and my children. And yet, you still have the audacity to think that I will be brought down by you. Insult me if you want, but turn your words towards my family; ohh we've got problems," Veraka growled towards the elf in front of him. His armored hand went towards his sword, Marala Vharc, however he was stopped when a polymorphed Jormung placed a slender hand on his friends platinum shoulder.

"Perhaps this one is smarter than she looks, my friend," Jormung quietly says to the angered paladin. With that said, he takes a few steps forward ahead of Veraka, his light elven frame given him the grace of step that only the Tel'Quessir possess.

"While my friend here has a right to be angered with your words earlier, however, let me ask you something. Even if Veraka's only real crime is defending hid family from the threats of an overly-suspicious guard sergeant, whom obviously lacks the higher wisdom to ask a pointed question, which could have revealed the answer to him beforehand, rather than relying on a given assumption about his wife and children, how much did they pay you to track him down, even when they didn't give you a proper accounting of what you would be up against? Also, if that is the case, are you still willing to risk my friend's ire, as well as mine, assuming you want to anger a dragon as well."

Behind Jormung and Veraka, Alasse and Dante hugged their mother close, not wanting their father and his friend to fight some stranger now; but at the same time more afraid of this unknown elf woman.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

A sly grin crept over Vailintin's face, watching Veraka's ire build, Jormungand's council of peace and more civil methods of intimidation. Thinking to himself, how he hopes she's not as smart as the dragon suggests, hoping she's fool enough to pick this fight. Sometimes after all, he and that vile rapier really do think alike. While the annoyingly noisome Veraka makes his thundering appearance, and Jormung keeps everyone distracted with civility, Vailintin has gone off doing what he does best, combining use of his Darklight ring, and circling around out of eye-shot, staying down-wind, when next he appears, behind this 'elven' female he is approaching, silent practiced strides of a skilled rogue, and perhaps aspiring assassin, carrying him gradually closer for benefit of a sneak attack, and flanking position for benefit of his present companions. Concealed as he is by the Darklight effect, only those able to see what is behind this elf woman, would initially see just the menacing red aura of the vampiric rapier, floating and seemingly disembodied, appearing like a Dancing Blade spell. When near enough that the Darklight would envelope the elf woman, and before long Jormung and Veraka, it is cancelled. At this point, silent and deadly, Vailintin decides to let the dragon do his talking, but not before suddenly stepping in close to press his poisonous dagger at her back, and bring that hungry rapier up to her throat, letting it make a very shallow cut, and draw a few small beads of blood, that she may feel that terrifying sensation of a small wave of weakness as rapier absorbs the blood, and transfers a tiny fraction of her vitality to Vailintin.

His introduction, [color=#FF0000:3v5mwzo0]"Trust me, you don't want to pick a fight with them, I've promised their safety in leaving these lands, at a pretty generous fee, and unlike my... employers here, I won't show any mercy, even if you surrender. I do suggest you give them a reason to tell me to back off, you've cost me a very expensive wine and nearly the value of my given word tonight, and I'd very much like to carve those expenses out of you."[/color:3v5mwzo0]

Growing impatient with these small-town guards and their lack of recognition with his clan, as well as lack of urgency with his requests, Tristian decides he's not about to wait anymore, casting[b:3v5mwzo0] Warp Wood[/b:3v5mwzo0] on the door before him, and causing it to warp to such a shape as it springs open before him. The moment he's within those walls, the scent of blood alone tells him where to go, and he hurries along without a guide. Doors are warped and sprung open that stand in his path, as needed, one hand poised on a sheathed scimitar just in case, the other used to produce his spells, another of which is cast en route, [b:3v5mwzo0]Summon Swarm[/b:3v5mwzo0], to produce a swarm of bats that serve as a confusing distraction for any who might get in his way.

Nature may not hold control in this place, but where a Druid goes, nature's fury will almost surely follow. Once the bloodied woodsman is found, surrounded by guards, he shouts in as commanding tone as he can muster,[color=#FFBF00:3v5mwzo0] "In the name of Selune, and by the power vested in me as an agent of her temple, I order you men to stand down."[/color:3v5mwzo0] From the moment he'd caught scent of the blood, and the animal odors in the air, he'd known what beast he'd find, and whether these guards obey orders or not from a representative of another temple, that of a deity well known to be superior to Helm in the divine hierarchy, Tristian shoulders his way through, and glares up at the huge woodsman, [color=#FFBF00:3v5mwzo0]"Surrender to me wolf, and by the patron goddess of goodly lycanthropes, I will see you out of here alive."[/color:3v5mwzo0]

Not a prison break, per se, but an authority of a different temple, both come to rescue and arrest the stray wolf. Short of starting a war with another temple, arguing with this Moon Elf about jurisdiction and punishment of the woodsman, becomes best left in the hands of a priest. Cooperation between temples is often a better idea than conflicts.
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

(Apologies for delays in posting, been busy with some family matters.)

When the guards had left him to investigate the old cleric the large woodsman had already begun about making his departure, though not expecting his part in the death to be figured out so quickly. His hate for humans and their temples was growing by the second, even as he realized he was being pursued and soon surrounded. On his guard but pretty much cornered, he holds back his transformation, waiting for one of them to make the first attack. All hope of leaving this town without slaughtering everyone seemed about lost, until out of the blue here comes this elf, declaring authority on behalf yet another temple. There is some confusion for him with the ultimatum given by this elf, but what's he got to lose? [i:j1eolxlt]"Ye say ye speak fer a goddess that gives a toss 'bout me? I'm not buyin' it lad, but I'll hear ye out, if ye can get me out of this town alive an' with me horse."[/i:j1eolxlt]

Well there everyone has it, he'll go with the elf peacefully, in the very least it solves him being a threat, so long as his life isn't threatened.
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Looking at the human mounting off, only now she saw that rumors were true about height of this man. Still, how human was different from orc in this situation for drow? Putting spiky blade on her shoulders carefully to not hurt herself, she only bobbed her head while he speaks, making look like she cares for what he says, ignoring him and looking at his group. Pink eyes noted second stead and woman on it. Two children were sitting near, hugging her. A sigh of exasperation came when she saw her leathery wings. She did not need classes in planar summoning to see it was not natural. Eye slits narrowed, straining the darkvision. Elven frame?
"Nice kids." She nodded turning stare back to the man. "Hope they don't have your breath and spitting habit while they talk."
Still having enchantment of speed, legs started to move when hand touched the sword. Yet the movement stopped dead when in place of sun elf appeared the great wyrm of gold. Not seeing his gestures and chanting, it was safe to assume it is no shapechanging. True dragon. How long time ago things started going wrong?
"Hmm... I was really misinformed. From what I heard, it was not arrest, but urging to the HQ to ask some questions. Not that I trust your kind, human." Giving slight turn to the warrior, she continued to answer. "And I know enough about assumption, goldy." Pink eyes grown red, for anger was welling up. It could not be helped. It was supposed to be only a visit to remote encampment and retreat, nothing more. But not only her sides hurt and her clothes dirty, but ale was cheap and mixed with water. "I know that if someone proclaims himself innocent then shoots, few think of how innocent he may be. The man who does that instead of [i:aucqmtcz]'cooperation'[/i:aucqmtcz]..." She used her free hand to stress the humoring of the term. "...is a fool who has no responsibility nor to himself, nor his companions. So, frankly, he called it on himself the moment he summoned lighting or whatever spell that was. But surely I know better than try to fight dragon, especially metallic kind. Bad luck, if you..."
Suddenly a familiar feeling of somebody moving behind her alerted her, yet it was too late. Already knife was poking in her chainshirt and few cuts were placed on unprotected clothed flesh. Feeling nauseous, she growled at the bad memory that cut provoked.
"Funny. I never thought I will be provoked to make long speech and taken from behind. Lucky me. So it was you who made such waste of this good thing? If you were not holding me in this position, I swear by moon and stars I would strangle you, coward."
Hold still on her blade, priest risen her both hands high.
[i:aucqmtcz]*Where are these damn featherballs?!*[/i:aucqmtcz] Panic was evident in one thought, but only drops of sweat rolling down her temple shown it.
"And also... I was paid in advance."
At the same time in the distance, eagles screamed, feeling the harm coming to their master, flying through the branches to the spot where she was standing.
"You drew the first blood, it seems. Are you aware that this won't be good for you or your order, if it exists, buttface?" Eyes still glowing red in gloom of the woods, Eo was watching at the goliath with utter contempt.

Guards were confused and they had to summon hard discipline of their drill training just to stand still weapons ready. When elf appeared, they nearly thought of throwing down their weapons and let them go. But there came iron-clad figure with shield, heavy shield in hand.
"I am no longer of order or the military, but by the land of Harrowsmith, cease your doings and go out, intruder. The man is subject to inter..." It was only moment before his old eyes saw blood and sprawled body in the room through the doorstep. Old man's voice suddenly was gripped with steel. "Stand down and await trial."
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

(Post for Vailintin pending on Veraka's next post)

Tristian, regarding this large man in iron plate, truly this sight would be intimidating to most men, or even elves, but no simple elf was he, a druid with his usual selection of spells prepared, neither wood, nor ferrous metal frightened him today, and to him this is just another human taking too much stock in his weapons and armor, [color=#FFBF00:uurknup2]"Do not take me the wrong way sir, this misunderstood fellow will not be getting cut loose, he will serve a suitable penance as determined by myself or a proper priest of Selune if one can be found on short notice. In exchange, for the loss of your single man, that my elemental reported to me slain with a weapon in hand, by this unarmed fellow, which suggests to me that your man was the attacker, I am prepared to provide monetary compensation, in exchange for your cooperation in this matter. The simple fact that the rest of your men are not laying dead and ripped apart, is proof enough this wolf simply wishes to leave with his life, and not to fight or kill, as he surely could have. Proof enough to me as well, he is not yet under Malar's sway, all the more reason to place him in my care, before that changes."
[/color:uurknup2]
Diplomacy tried, Tristian really doesn't expect it to work, humans are so haughty in numbers, thinking numbers and martial skill with weapons and armor mean something. Electing to sacrifice the higher spell-slot necessary, silently begins casting, with only motions of a hand at his side and obscured by his cloak, [b:uurknup2][Rusting Grasp][/b:uurknup2], in preparation to simply touch this large man's shield, and cause it to fall apart into a pile of useless rust at his feet, should he push the issue. Briefly he focuses on a mental image from his companion, and sends back the simple instruction to attack.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out over the scene of Vailintin, revealed golden dragon, and friend of her companion and life-mate, Vidanya's flight turns sharply, and these comparably tiny birds angling in to attack the people below, she now turns on, swooping low, and skimming the tree-tops, sending a rustling rush through the leaves large enough for those below to surely take notice, nearing the trio of incoming eagles, up she arises into their midst to scatter two, and clamp down a vicious slicing and shredding bite on the third, a tasty in-flight snack. Indeed, these eagles will be a little delayed, dealing with a [i:uurknup2]MUCH[/i:uurknup2] larger aerial predator.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

"If someone kills your kind, do you accept mere monetary riches as payment for lost soul? I think not. Your offer is very repulsive to our taste. The suspect is captured on this land and is subject to the law of lord Harrowsmith's domain. Leave from this chamber and you may be given right to defend this creature in court, if it will ask for one. But if it will be given or not depends on the circumstances of what happened here." Clutching his gauntleted fist, he pointed the shield arm at the elf "And if you still think you can do anything you want, know this. I am not the only experienced warrior here. This village is resting place for many retired adventurers with deeds greater in valor than mine. Do not make it harder on yourself."
Just presence of this man seemed to lighten pressure of the militiamen. Hope was gleaming in their eyes as the listened to him and they reinforced their stance.

Celestial eagles spread out, one unlucky avian falling to the attack. But when beast tried to eat the prey, it dissipated in the air, the wounded bird freed from bindings of material plane.The rest turned their attention to the attacker, maneuvering and pincering the bat. The eagles used their lesser size to the greater advantage, circling the animal and attempting fast attacks with beaks and claws. Unlike usual kind, these outsiders were different, the mastery of the summoner controlling energies of their planes to make their apparition more stronger and stouter.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka narrowed his silver eyes at the female elf, even as Vailintin held her at a knife's point; "I find myself in lack of commitment to even bother with keeping a force here, especially after seeing the town guards' lack of foresight and wisdom in this matter; if I take an infernal-blooded female as my mate for life, why should she and I be the suspect of stereotypical prejudices. Perhaps they're right to keep themselves weary of demonic blooded folk, but to openly treat my wife and children with contempt. This sort of actions shows both me and my friend Jormungander, not only the lack of wisdom within such guardsmen, but also the lack of courtesy and common sense. No, I think me and the Vanguards will be better off if we remain out of the cesspit of a land and town." Veraka spat back at the elven female, wanting no more of these wretched lands in his path.

"Drew first blood perhaps, yes; intending to let your bleed out for it, no. You did not do anything, save for throw insults at my wife and children; while I wouldn't normally abide those actions, they're nothing in comparison to threatening my wife and children with direct harm. . . . " the paladin stopped, as Jormungander placed an elven hand onto his platinum shoulder.

"Perhaps this elf is more than she seems, hmmm, Veraka?" the dragon-in-elf- skin asked the paladin. Hearing both the reasoning and the idea behind Jormung's words, Veraka decides to give it a shot. His eyes glow silver as the paladin calls upon his innate racial ability, [i:38y3bwkx]True Seeing[/i:38y3bwkx], and looks upon the elven female. Though he cannot detect the elf is in a disguise,the aasimar speaks then; "funny how, if these townsfolk knew about there being a [b:38y3bwkx]drow[/b:38y3bwkx] in their presence, they'd quickly forget about my idil threat and focus more on that one female drow in disguise, hmmm?!" With an eyebrow arched, the paladin let his words sink in.

From there Jormung took over speaking, only to be cut short, as the three celestial summoned eagles and direbat engaged in close combat in the air.

"This is [b:38y3bwkx]really[/b:38y3bwkx] starting to try my patience," Jormung growled, swirling with magic, and then reverting back to his colossal form of a gold dragon. Taking one great breath in, and flaring his wings, Jormungander unleashed a roar of deafening proportions upon the air around him, intentionally trying to startle both the eagles and the direbat. The twins covered their ears with both hands and squealed under the loud noise of the roar.
"Enough!!" spoke the dragon, gazing down upon the captive elf female; "now tell me, young elf, for my patience runs thin now; do you or do you not seek to harm either Veraka, his children or his wife, either now or in the distant future?" The question was indeed pointed, for the dragon was curious as to how her answer would come out.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

Perhaps not the best time, for the still fairly young druid to show off how much he's learned and to push the laws of nature, and the jurisdiction of differing temples and gods, just right now. Though instinct tells him not to trust these backwoods people, particularly in that they seem unfamiliar with the deeds and fame of his reclusive clan, a family mostly with blood ties, and some brought in through marriages, adoptions, or recruitment, vampire hunters all, dividing regions of Faerun up into patrol routes, as far north as Icewind Dale, and as far south as Calimshan. Still, this old veteran seemed trustworthy, and Tristian prayed then, silently, to Selune that he judged the man's character properly. The spell, abandoned, and let to fizzle out, rather than be wasted, moon elf nods slowly, [color=#FFBF00:3q4ugund]"I... I will agree to this trial, for now, but I must ask that I be allowed to be present for his being escorted anywhere, when he is questioned, and even this trial. As a member of the Lythari Order, of Selune's Temple, I can promise cooperation, but I must ensure fair and humane treatment of this person. I know not if you are a man of morals sir, but I hope you'd agree, that judgement of any man, particularly where it involves a struggle and the death of a cleric of Helm, should be based on his actions, and not the heritage of his birth. I mean not to suggest these soldier have not the discipline to hold their hands and let the court decide his guilt, but it would be a wise precaution, lest someone, guard, civilian, or otherwise, decide to take the law into their own hands, and attempt to deliver some vigilante justice. If there is no one here indifferent enough to provide good council in his defense, then I will be his council, to the best of my ability... though I confess, I am more familiar with the laws of Nature, than human settlements."[/color:3q4ugund]

One step ahead, half-anticipating this large woodsman to refuse being locked up, Tristian turns to him locking eyes, [color=#FFBF00:3q4ugund]"Do not resist, let us go peacefully, and try this their way. They may be swift to rush to judgement, with their lack of understanding and fear of such, but this is not Luskan, nor would Helm tolerate a Prisoner's Carnival in his name. I believe Selune, whose face you know as the moon, led me here to help you. Gods willing and merciful, you and I shall look upon her again soon, both free as we came into these lands."[/color:3q4ugund]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the conversing back and forth between Veraka, Jormungand and the noise of some unknown rescuer from the offending eagles, Vailintin listens, and ultimately frowns slightly, when Veraka actually points out that he'll not allow this elf to be bled out. Just as he's about to move the rapier's edge away slightly,his mind is suddenly shaken by savage, outraged protest from the sentience within, attempting to overwhelm him and compel his hand to slice the blade in deeper. With shaky hand and fiercely tight grip, he completely fails to notice the transformation of sun elf into towering gold dragon, as the tiefling struggles for control of his own hand with the savagely voracious will of his own blade. So long have they been a pair in perfect harmony, 'tis the first time for Vailintin to have had to pit his will against this one. Beyond the intense focus in his eyes, and shakiness of hand holding that rapier, he is too consumed to give any indication of the battle for control. Perhaps the dragon, with his evident experience on the matter of sentient weapons might recognize it. To Vailintin's credit, he is at least able to put up enough of a fight that his other hand remains unaffected, and the press of his dagger doesn't waver. Really bad time to be out of harmony with a sentient weapon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captured snack simply ceasing to exist? Vidanya would have to complain about this hunt when she's reunited with Tristian, but for the moment, now she is being harassed by her prey. Thankfully a Dire Bat has plenty of Natural Armor to their defense, and though she's not about to make herself an easy target, but rather beginning to execute random dives, swoops, and occasional retaliation, swatting at either eagle with the down stroke of her wings, it makes the injuries taken a minor, slightly painful nuisance.

The roar from that dragon below though, immediately sends her trying to flee to a higher altitude, hopefully with the eagles being just as shaken and frightened as she. One thing can be fairly certain though, she now can find a head that gets above the tree line, maybe this will help her bring the help she was sent to find.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Armored man scoffs, lowering his shield, but not removing his helm. "I am questioned about morals by merc who wanted to bribe the guards. Outrageous." Shaking his head, ex-paladin raised his visor and looked at the youth "I shall give my word, but it alone shall not affect the court if he killed him in cold blood."
The last words were nearly silenced by the rustle of iron plates when five heavily armored soldiers came with swords and crossbows. They ran through the corridor in tight line formation, commander of the garrison himself following behind with battle axe in his hands and heavy assault crossbow strapped to his back. After squad dispersing throughout the room, he looked at the commotion and glared at his old comrade.
"What is going on here, Kras?"
Elderly warrior turned, raising his hand. "Hold your fire. The situation have changed."

Roar of the dragon shook the air, avian creatures retreating and taking separate seats at the tops of the trees, looking at the source of beastly howl.
Priestess was put in bad position, blades in dangerous proximity to her vitals, her cover blown and a dragon gazing on her. Something that was supposed to be hunt on some outlaws turned into dance on the rope bridge. Cloud of dust from the beat of dragon wings and wave of sound assaulted all her delicate senses.
Feeling of cold appeared in her stomach as Eowiewiel weighted the odds. Too much to lose over minor irritation.
Biting lip once, mouth formed the reply.
"I am freelancer with certain obligations. I know when to take a step back and wash my hands of rotten business. My ire to the Sir 'Bigfoot' and his woman of choice ends with the end of this affair. And about future, I have no divine gifts of oracles or your infinite wisdom to know how things will come together later." Eyes drifted to the trembling of the blade, and now drow wondered how much chances she have to break the hold.
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

Back and forth the large woodsman glances between this elf that is awfully quick to know what he is, even if it's not showing, and some OTHER human in armor demanding he be interrogated, oh no wait, put on trial, for spooking some fool of a soldier, and defending his life, at the end of all this, stays near the wall for now, [i:36a3q1if]"The elf makes a good point, e'en if I'm not sure I trust him yet, so far I been welcomed at yer gates at the point of blades, fer doin' naught but comin' ta trade pelts fer coin an' supplies, mostly stockin' up on cold iron ta keep this Dryad that keeps stalkin' me, out of me life. Then I get tossed in the room up there with yer madman butcher, puttin' spells o'er me tryin' ta force me ta discuss me own private life. I tried all I could to avoid what I am, 'till the bastard broke me arm, 'course it healed right up, so no point in hidin' what I am, figurin' I might get a wee bit o' mercy fer not bein' damned undead. Ooooh, but then the flamin' bastard was hellbent on killin' me 'cause of what I am. I tried ta do everything I could think of ta keep him from killin' me, without havin' ta kill him. Aye, even figured I'd try bitin' the bastard, hopin' bein' dependent on me ta help him hide it, might spare me life. Came at me, with some magic ta make him near as strong as I, with a silvered dagger. I 'ad no choice but to kill him. I was locked in with that demon-servin' butcher, an' yer guards ordered ta stay away. So, we [b:36a3q1if]ARE[/b:36a3q1if] doin' this the elf's way! He's the only sane fellah 'round here with magic an' weapons, that's not tryin' ta kill me fer how I was born."[/i:36a3q1if] At the end of this little speech he grumbles, though quite audibly, [i:36a3q1if]"Hells I'd rather have been caught by Drow, bein' a slave is better than bein' dead."[/i:36a3q1if]
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Both men in charge were whispering while the guards came closer, weapons pointed. Ending secret conversation, Kras closed his helm lid, and turned his angry eyes at the shapeshifter. "...In some places, you and the elf would be killed without questions for this, animal." Nodding to the Commander, he turned away, attend to his greater duty.
Looking over the two unwanted guests, leader of the guard cringed his eyebrow and tapped the handle of his favored axe. "Well, then, since I do not have any drow friends, then you have only to die, no? If not, then you will follow these good gentlemen to your cell and await trial which you probably do not deserve. And as for you, treehugger, if you really want to represent that fiend in court - if it will come to this - I suggest you follow me to my chambers to answer some questions about yourself. I would use this room, but not at these circumstances." He gave a quick glance at the gory walls of the next room, before locking his stare with the druid, waiting for answer.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka glanced over at Vailintin, and gave him a slow shake of the head; "Vailintin, I strongly recommend putting the hungry rapier away for now; it serves little purpose to become a slave to one's own devices."

"That and I know of one very powerful archangel who'd be more than willing to bring the weapon before the majestic slopes of Mount Celestia, and leave the toad-sticker there to warp, as the holy energies of the plane destroy it, one metal shard at a time," Jormungander growled, his deep voice rumbling from deep inside the mighty draconic body that was before them all. The Gold Dragon may have been impatient at the moment, but that did not mean that he let a slight twinge of anger fog his better judgement; that and if he knew this Solar that he was thinking about, she would be [b:14i90cui]more[/b:14i90cui] happy to rid Faerun of such a sentient weapon. Plus Jormung figured that if the weapon was as smart as Vail, if not crueler however, then it'd decide for itself that being handed over to a Solar was not in its best intention; and Jormung knew that he was more than capable of prying the rapier from Vailintin's thieving hands, forcefully or not.

Neriah, while she was keeping Dante and Alasse between her arms, and half-enclosed wings, looked directly at the tiefling, right behind the drow in-disguise and shook her head in a silent [i:14i90cui]don't be a fool[/i:14i90cui] gesture. As a rogue, she knew what it was like to cornered by a paladin, but one more vigilant and less understanding than Veraka, though perhaps less hot-headed as well. She also knew that in her three and a half centuries of being around that when a dragon makes a threat, it is not an idle one, and that all dragons are capable of delivering on their threats, light or not.

Jormung then locked his gold eyes back onto the drow being held hostage; "and Miss, might I suggest not trying to struggle, you will make this both easier on yourself, and all of us as well; and will walk out of here with something other than your life, if you play your cards right." His slitted eyes narrow upon her, staring her down; "I admire your humility in admitting your lack of divine foresight, for it would have definitely served you well here, had you been gifted with such abilities. As to your ire with Sir 'BigFoot'," the last words sends fumes curling from Jormung's nostrils, a tell-tale sign that the disguised drow's words aren't setting well with him; " and his woman of choice. They do not end with the 'end of this affair'; they end [b:14i90cui]now[/b:14i90cui]. Am I being as clear as I can, young one?" While Jormung knew that drow could easily live to be as old as he was, and further, he knew just from actions alone, as well as complexion, that this female was still well within her youthful years.

While Aurora was patient, even by wolf standards, she was abnormally anxious to head to that town now; Veraka noticed this and raised a silver brow here way when he was able to get a glance at her.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix