Test run!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rainbow Prism
Regular

Test run!

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Harrowsmith. Simple village. Some could say it is a typical sleepy settlement where nothing happens. With small population and old lazy lord in shambling manor, who barely cares about the people of his land, a stable life of calm prevails over rare attacks of the meek goblins from behind the wasteland hills. A place ambitious men simply ignore for lack of something they could give other than farm goods. Though it was the best what could offer the fertile earth of the dale.
In rural peasant houses wives take care of their children and cattle while the men go to the fields, trade with neighbors or just waste their time drinking fine ale that comes monthly with caravans from the Cormyr on their way to the Sword Coast. Friendliness of the folk and their simple way entice the travelers to put their swords away and join the army of harvesters. Except for these rare visitors, the dale of Harrowsmith is not really remarkable. It was ideal place. Ideal place for a test.

Night came to start another fight between Selune and Shar in the dark sky. Militia watch stood vigilant, yet their human eyes could not defeat shroud of midnight. It was used for the best advantage of one. Cloaked figure moved to the settlement, trying to do it carefully and silently. With great dexterity, it descended the rock steps of the hills. In moments of run between the shadows, light of the moon revealed the cowled humanoid with thin features and light backpack. White cape hidden the the frail visage, though it could be seen that nimble and graceful movements were akin to the elven. Looking down at the village fires from the cliff, stranger muttered under her breath something, gloved hand touching the area of the neck. With that done, smile curved the lips and the woman slided down the rocky hill.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Got nothing better to do and I'm bored))

Through the dark night, the clap clops of horse echo throughout the darkness. Coming along a trail leading towards Harrowsmith, a mighty black warcharger comes trotting out of the darkness, its gleaming mithral battle armor lit under Selune's beams of moonlight. Atop the armored black stallion, a goliath of a man sits atop his steed, with twin children and a fair elven maiden seated in front of his armored body.

Sheathed in shimmering platinum dragon scale armor, the man's skin is of pale complexion, his eyes glancing out and about, silver orbs piercing the darkness out in front of him. His hair is of like color as his eyes, as silver as Selune in the sky, with light blue contrails coming out down its length where it stops at his armored shoulders. Belted onto his waist is a bastard sword that seems to radiate the power of a storm, while a heavy shield and mighty greatsword are resting on his back. Twin tanto-tipped knives rest in the sheaths, snug at his waist, ready to be drawn at a moments notice.

The elven woman is a much more interesting piece of eye candy, as twin bat like wings protrude from her back, marking her as a descendant of demonic heritage. A pointed demon-tail seems to snake its way out from behind her, marking her as a Fey'ri. Her skin is like that of a snake, composed of small scales with a reddish-rust coloring. Her honey-amber hair rolls down past her shoulders, its thick curls alluring in their own way. Her body is laced up in a form fitting leather armor, it's deep green hue an oddity when compared to her skin's complexion. In her knee high boots rest twin sais, as well as a short sword belted on at her waist, with a composite short-bow resting on her back along with its quiver of deadly arrows. her entire body seems to radiate magical energy, as if a spell could be hurled from her hand within a split second.

The twin children rest in the fey'ri's lap and arms, snug in her grasp, like that of a concerned and caring mother, their half-knife shaped ears mark them as half-elves. One of the children is a boy, similar in many respects to the massive aasimar male that sits behind him and his fey'ri mother, yet he posses some traits akin to that of the fey'ri woman behind him. His copper eyes glance up to look at his mother. his charcoal hair is an oddity when compared to the amber locks of the fey'ri woman and silver trusses of the aasimar warrior.
She smiles back down to him.
The other child is a young lass, whose copper hair and hazel eyes would melt an iceberg in her path. While her twin brother gives a look up to their mother, she, like the aasimar, looks keenly ahead of them, as if trying to discern what they would run into along their chosen path.
To top off the small family, a massive white wolf strides alongside the mighty warcharger, its stature huge for a creature of canine descent. Ice blue eyes gaze out into the darkness, holding an intelligence behind them that most creatures would not recognize.

"Did you really have to drag us all out here, Veraka?" the fey'ri woman asks the aasimar, whom by, would be recognized as a paladin of Bahamut.

"My dearest Neriah, you know I prefer to keep you, Dante and Alasse close to me rather than separated, especially after what happened to you in our home near Shadowdale."

The fey'ri woman was silent, whilst the young lad, Dante, looked up to the mighty paladin and spoke; "daddy, why did you have to choose to take up your darkness rather than release it?"

Veraka bit back his tongue at the remark, knowing full well his son was referring to the Berserker buried deep in the bowls of his soul.
"Because, my son, if I hadn't, I would have lost you and your mother; and that is not an option for me."

"[b:1i19mx5l]Anyways[/b:1i19mx5l]," Neriah spoke in a commanding and firm tone, "you didn't answer my original question, Veraka; why are we out here?"

The aasimar turned to his fey'ri wife and spoke; "Because Knight-Captain Ortherian spoke of a derelict outpost that seems to have been abandoned for sometime, but it's walls seem intact. Remember, my dear, as commander of the [i:1i19mx5l]Vanguards[/i:1i19mx5l], I cannot skirt my duties in keeping the unit in operation and cohesion. That means that if we have reached the max capacity for our current stronghold, then I must seek out new areas where we can make base."

The fey'ri woman sighed aloud, whilst the warcharger suddenly stopped in its steps.

[i:1i19mx5l]Someone approaches, from the village I believe, if their scent is anything to speak of,[/i:1i19mx5l] came a voice into Veraka's head.

"Thank you, Aurora," the aasimar paladin spoke to the winter wolf beside him.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

((Since I keep falling out of other RPs I've been in, Real Life having been a struggle up until recently, this sounds like a nice place to throw in my own newest creation, if no one minds.))

While scent may betray an approach from the village, further downwind, a different personage approaches from the other direction, neither on the trail, nor particularly failing to follow it. However, with good ears, perhaps one shall detect the heavy steps of a large Shire stallion, traveling through the dark of night, guided by his dismounted rider, by all semblances, human, but a nearly 7 foot giant of a man, clad in crude piecemeal leather armor, a heavy cloak of Grizzly Bear pelt, wearing the beast's claws upon a necklace, and the hollowed skull as a partial helm, in the dark of night, he likely appears more like a monster than a man to average human, and comparable, eyesight. To eyes less hindered by the dark of night, he's clearly a man, but what form of eccentricity dresses that way? Could be a druid, could be a ranger. and of course with such size he could be a barbarian. One would just have to find out on their own time.
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Too excited to notice the figures in far distance, the woman's visage stopped to nearly stumble in the group of three. Each of them was equipped as much as peasant militia could allow itself. Two of the human peasants, boys in face, wore a piece of boiled leather armor on their frame and wielded notched halberd each. The third, who looked older than these youngsters, was brass man in chain vest that barely held his belly away from nonchalantly dropping out in sight. Despite that, gray eyes squinted sharply at the stranger, showing burning torch in his hand closer and putting fingers of other on the light crossbow at his belt.

"Halt! Identify yourself!" The young recruits at his sides clutched the wooden handles of their weapons with nervous trepidation.

[i:1pczhy7a]*It better work. It better work. It better be working, or screw you, you damned old paralyzed hag!*[/i:1pczhy7a] Thoughts raced in the head of the elf when sensitive eyes ached from sudden light coming closer. Even though the command word was sounded earlier, aside from jolt of magical energy and trust in the Ilivthrae "The Sleeper", the maker of magical trinket, there were no guarantees it would work as intended. Putting faith in the work of arcane magic, elf slowly pulled down the hood and spread the cloak wide with gracious bow.

The result surprised both patrolmen and drow herself. Image was created as intended in her mind: facial features shown pale white skin with full red lips and smile formed by them. Mid-length hairs of bluish black looked like glossy silk in the moonlight. The thin lithe frame of moon elf was clad in fine cotton shirt and chainshirt of elven artwork. Pink eyes looked over the white palms as she removed the gloves and offered a handshake. "Hi, pops! I got lost here, hunting all these darned ugly midgets your kind calls goblins. Sorry for not going on the usual trail like everyone. Can you show me the closest inn here? I am so thirsty that I could jump in the lake and dry it all out to the deeps. By the way, nice clothes! Are you working out? Oooh, this is so nice! I feel so..."

On sudden revealing of beauty usual rural folk won't see in villages, guards were stunned and the commander had his torch hand shaken for a long time before he could interrupt the chatter of the fine lass. Coughing, he resumed the stone face of the veteran and said:
"Hold the tongue, grey elf! Follow us and we will get you to the warm room with fine food and drinks."

*Brute.* Smiling, drow in disguise nodded and followed the group to the village in calm pace. The group moved closer to the trail and militia noticed the figures of the riders in the distance and halted near the watch tower. Saluting to the wardens near the post, old soldier pointed at the moon elf traveler, noting a broadsword on her backpack. "Question this woman and send her to the inn when you are done. I have to check something."

Soon three mares were running in the night, thundering with their hooves toward the farthest and most notable because of metal armor shining brightly in the moonlight.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora sniffed the air again, this time only to find that musky smell of a farm stronger than before, which seemed to overpower the original scent she picked up.
[i:3vmwxfjr]Phew; some farm trodder needs a take a dunk in a river and have his fur and skin washed properly,[/i:3vmwxfjr] the winter wolf commented to Veraka through their telepathic link.

"That is hardly a surprise, Aurora; we're in the middle of fertile farming land," the paladin retorted.

It wasn't until a bit later that Blaze neighed in agitation, and came close to halt, not wanting to move further ahead.
[i:3vmwxfjr]There is trouble ahead, my rider; and not the sort I like to have in company.[/i:3vmwxfjr]

[i:3vmwxfjr]What do you mean, Blaze?[/i:3vmwxfjr] Veraka asked his warcharger through his mental link with the horse.

[i:3vmwxfjr]I mean I don't like what approaches and it stirs me to go on further.[/i:3vmwxfjr]

In that moment Neriah commented on the smell as well; "By the ass of your god, my dear, what is that horrendous stench?[/i] The fey'ri wrinkled her nose to make her point.

Veraka sighed lightly; he could make out the odd smell as well, but he was more used to such smells. Being out on the road, especially as a paladin, required one to adapt his or her sense of smell to accommodate all sorts of foul sorts. His wife, however, being an elf, and a fey'ri at that, had her senses greatly enhanced; which as a result, was much more waspish in her tolerance of smells and how foul they could get.

However, his thoughts were broken when his daughter spoke up; "daddy, look; there's a man out there, or something."

The aaismar followed his daughter's pointed out into the darkness, which his celestial enhanced vision penetrated into to see what was moving out there.

What approached made the paladin jump off his mount and stroll out to where he was in-front of Blaze and his family. The oddly dressed man kept moving forward on his mount. He was clearly as big as Veraka, if not bigger, which didn't give the paladin anymore reason to trust him. However, Veraka was not one of the stiff-necked types of holy warriors. He was well aware of the consequences of striking first and asking questions later. He would only attack if attacked first.

Back atop Blaze, Neriah threw up spells to deflect incoming magical and arrow attacks. She may have been a sorceress and demonic blooded one at that, but one thing she would NOT tolerate, was someone trying to harm her children. She readied herself for the worst, keeping some of her reagents close at a hand, should she need to use them in a hurry. However, her keen elven hearing picked up the trodding of incoming hooves.

"Veraka! We're going to have more company soon."

Her husband nodded, and kept his shield readied on his bracer, his hand not far out of reach from his bastard sword.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

That strange man approaching, probably really could use a bath, traveling alone, one does not have much opportunity to indulge in such pleasantries on the road, it simply does nothing for one's survival to be caught unarmed in a river, while goblins ransack one's campsite. Still, at least he and his muscular beast of a horse do not seem threatening, approaching at a leisurely lope, comfortable for the great black charger, in the dark of night, but almost boring for the rider.

When the figure in shining armor dismounts and approaches, this odd man leans forward in his saddle, patting his horse on the neck, muttering something, then prods the great hose up into a canter, to finish closing the distance, coming up a couple meters short of the large paladin, calling down to him, "What yer doin', stopped in the middle of the road?! Get yerself lost perhaps? Keep yerself on the road, an' ye'll be findin' folk that can give ya directions. Lucky fer ya, that I happen tae be headed the same way." A glance to take in the large white wolf behind this large body in armor, he adds, "Good on ye, takin' in such a fine lass, I envy ye the company."
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Three riders came from the road that led to the village, the horses stopping with a loud naying and steel reflecting the dim light of commander's torch. This time they were armed better, chainshirts donned and heavy crossbows with quivers strapped to the saddles. Coming closer, the vigilantes' attention moved toward the two giants of men. One rider and another on his feet. Both looked menacingly enough to be considered threat to the peace of the village the old man cherished so much. Square firm jaw opened with words issuing command to both travelers. The one in silvery armor looked like champion of justice from fairy tales or paladin from bards' poems, but noticing the movement of his hand to the arms instilled anger that fueled the demand, making the freshman to his right to raise his halberd from sudden burst of air.

"You two! In the name of militia of Harrowsmith, I command to raise your arms away from the blades and clubs and state your intent."

Raising his torch, the grizzly veteran looked over the two, holding his hand away from urge to touch the handle of heavy crossbow at the saddle. He glanced to the other horse with female figure with children, noticing something strange, but ignored it for a moment, watching the disturbance.

Somewhere else, after answering the simple questions and presenting some loot from the little beasts she in truth encountered, elf woman moved under watchful eye of the militiaman to the doors of the drinking establishment.
*So far so good.* Thought occurred in mind of shapeshifted drow as her tongue licked the lips. What she wanted now after long wait is to enjoy the good brew without spears and arrows pointed at her. Going in fearlessly, girl moved to the old wooden bar stand with yawning men turning their attention to the moon elf, who entered and asked double mug of best ale it could offer.
*So far so good.*
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

To the burly man's words, Veraka responds, "lost? In these woods, hardly. More just going along the trail, if that, for a simple scouting is all. To answer your question, my large friend, I was stopped on the road simply because my furry friend here, picked up your scent, and gave me a heads-up about you. Now that I see you in plain sight and am talking with you, I find that my initial inclinations were off." Despite his better judgement, something about the man threw the paladin off, his way of speaking about Aurora was odd indeed, unless he was ranger or druid.

[quote:3opa20i6]"Good on ye, takin' in such a fine lass, I envy ye the company."[/quote:3opa20i6]

Aurora cocked her head to the side; [i:3opa20i6]A 'lass'?! I'm a wolf!! Little brother, would you tell this ruffian what he's implying.[/i:3opa20i6]

[i:3opa20i6]Aurora, I think that he [b:3opa20i6]is[/b:3opa20i6] talking about you. Take it for what it is, and enjoy the attention.[/i:3opa20i6]

[i:3opa20i6]Hmph, so says the two-legged one,[/i:3opa20i6] the winter wolf retorted with a snort.

"If you are going the same way, my large friend, why is it that my stallion, Blaze, here can sense something odd about you, as well as Aurora?"

It was right then that the three guards arrived, their sergeant clearly not pleased.

[quote:3opa20i6]"You two! In the name of militia of Harrowsmith, I command to raise your arms away from the blades and clubs and state your intent."[/quote:3opa20i6]

Veraka, not wanting to anger the veteran guard anymore, slowly retracts his hand from his weapon, but nonetheless, keeps his visage stern and disciplined.
"I am Veraka Orden, paladin and Storm Warrior in the service to the Platinum Dragon, Bahamut. This is my wife, Neriah, and my children, Dante and Alasse."

Back on the black, armored warcharger, the winged elf inclined her head, though her eyes spoke a warning in and of themselves. Should the guards so much as raise a finger towards her precious children, she'd unleash a firestorm so powerful, it'd make the Demons of the Abyss look like puppies.

Veraka then continued; "I come this way in search of new premises that my battalion might use as a base, as our current one is now stretched to its capacity." The look on the veterans eyes was more than enough for the paladin to understand what he needed to say next.
"I am commander of a battalion-sized group of elite soldiers, known as the [i:3opa20i6]Tempest Vanguards[/i:3opa20i6]. This force of paladins, clerics, fighters and other such individuals of skill and ingenuity are located up in the Thunder Peaks, near Highmoon. I am out here, with my wife, scouting out a new outpost that we could possibly turn into a base of operations. It so happens that your small town of Harrowsmith lies along my predetermined path, good sir. That is my reason for being out here."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

Out from under that bear skull helm, a faint grin is issued as he is questioned about the oddity that both wolf and horse sense about him, but not long after, orders to keep his hands from his weapons, raises them out to the sides, answering in return, "Hey now! I've not a weapon 'bout me person, just two sturdy fists, an' some furs ta trade! Cannae go wrong with a bear pelt tae keep ye warm in the winter..." then a smirk is directed at Veraka, as he lowers his voice, "...or the mountains."

Business stated, he offers in a lower voice meant only for those close enough to hear, "Why yer horse feels tha' way I cannae say, me own doesnae seem ta mind, perhaps it's the smell o' the bear I wrestled fer his fur. Perhaps it's them druid folks that advise me on what ta grow, in exchange fer me extra food-stuffs."

Still there is that odd sense he gives to animals. Not his horse, however, accustomed to, or trained to disregard that strange presence about his rider. He glances again to the Winter Wolf and holds the gaze unitl he can make eye contact, speaking then, "Aurora is it? Ya suspect I'm fer causin' ya trouble? Come huntin' with me some time, an' I'll answer anything ye want ta know. Even show ye to a cave I found havin' Telthors inside." Now what may be strangest of all, is what she would hear that others do not. Though it is the same thing, 'tis as if she were being addressed by another wolf, or someone at least knowing their way around the art of speaking to animals, normally a Druidic art. Perhaps, if she tried, he may understand her in the same manner?
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

(OOC: Last time I used this character I got a bit overboard and probably killed the RP. I'm gonna try again, and try not to overdo it.)

Amidst the darker places, off the beaten path, and never upon the safety of a well-worn road, striding amidst the greener terrains with a practiced silence that few other than Drow, or the exceptional rogue could duplicate, comes upon the gathering on the road, an odd pair of companions. A man, whom only for those of mundane senses or poor observational skills, could he hide his true nature, and a sword, that enjoys spilling blood more than its owner. This pair are not about to reveal themselves, when there are so many well-armed persons, and a paladin all in one place. With neither a map or sense of where he's gotten to, the rogue in the shadows, can't risk that he might be anywhere between Calimshan and Neverwinter, or that these village folk might actually have any semblance of good relations with any minotaur tribes. Of course there is that woman again, Neriah, he recalls a past encounter quite well.

Up is pulled the hood of his Assassin's Cloak, as he presses against a tree, the cloak's enchantment causing it to take on the appearance of being another part of the trunk, whilst with another enchanted item, his ring, brings forth a 'Darklight' spell, no more brighter than the shadows and dark of night, but affording him a surreal illumination to his surroundings, and hiding him from Darkvision. All senses but that wolf's nose, and the woman's sense for Lower Planar beings, deceived from knowing of his presence, the crafty Vailintin, settles in to watch from the tree line off the road. Though he says not a word, there comes the prodding of his sentient vampiric rapier, [color=red:27xb8pv6]<<Better hope they don't remember your attempts to endear yourself to the Lolthites, that paladin will probably be happy to parade you up and down the Sword Coast, and turn you in to every city with a reward for your capture, and decline payment too.>>[/color:27xb8pv6]

Without payment? It is the one thing about paladins he could never figure out, why do something so difficult at all, if not for payment? Paladin virtues! How they annoy him! Still, he's not to last many more nights of travel, without a map and better provisions. A warm bed, and hot meal would be nice too, the reddish shade of his skin had been getting a bit pale, surviving and keeping his strength up by feeding the rapier so much, in effect becoming much alike to a vampire, just without the nearly-immortal undead part. Not lacking for coin though, he just had to find someplace he's not known and could spend it. Luskan would be a safer place to be, but he knows yet not, his location in relation to that splendid city where the real power is the Pirate Captains, any of whom he could surely find safe employment under. For this... he still needs a map.

[color=red:27xb8pv6]<<Perhaps the paladin's lover will be sympathetic to our situation, surely she knows what it is to suffer the ignorance of those who attack one such as yourself, on sight, because of the horns.>>[/color:27xb8pv6] Another sound idea, but for now, Vailintin would have to wait. Wait and see for an opportunity to reveal himself.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Lowering his chin in nod, the leader of the patrol pointed at the lights of the nearest watch tower from where he came from. The camp of the militia near it was fortified with palisades and hard wooden walls. Few details could be seen from the torchlights of men standing on guard.

"Move to the post and repeat there what you told us 'ere. If when I check there will be differences in what you told, beware, traveler. Off you go." Leather glove waved at the giant dismissively. Still, pair of eyes gave last suspicious glance.

Turning his head to the paladin in gleaming scales, guard lowered his chin in nod. "I see. Follow us and we will check the details of your tale. Both you and your wi-..." He was cut short by nervous yelp of freshman at his right, who was pointing shuddering finger at the woman on the horse. "Demon! Bloody demon, by my ma's hand!" Sturdy hand stopped the halberd of the youngster from raising it at her.

"Halt, ya undisciplined maggot!" Harsh voice stopped panicking troops. Waving his hand to be on standby, old soldier moved his horse closer for his torch to illuminate the female visage. Seeing distinguished horns, leathery bat wings and pointed tail, he growled and gave one short yell on which the blades of two polearms were pointed in the face of the goliath. "You have much to explain, 'paladin'." The last word was spoken in disgust, like a spit. "Follow us and make no sudden moves. If you, the girl or the dog of yours will attempt somethin', no mercy shall be given."
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

((Oh goody, a Cad, a Rake in the trees.))

Told to move ahead, the large man on his large horse, prods the dark Shire up into a lope once more, continuing along, cutting a wide path around Veraka and his horses and wolf, the latter of which though his eyes linger on for some time, until the effort to stare back at her is bound to make his neck sore, and down the road he continues making no haste at all, not without an immediate threat.

The commotion over the half-demon woman, he doesn't pause for, but does pause and peer back, setting awkward in his saddle, when the wolf is mentioned in what could be taken as a threat. Why this fascination with her, he's so indifferent over the others in trouble, but he'll take affront when a wolf is threatened. Surely she can look after herself, but perhaps these militiamen have made a bigger mistake than they know. For now, he remains watching over his shoulders.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora stares strangely at the odd man, as she was able to pick up his words through her telepathic link she shared with Veraka.
The winter wolf, good-aligned as she was, could not begin to fathom how such a person could communicate with her. She knew about Veraka's ability., but that was due to his celestial heritage and being the direct descendant of a Solar.
She locked her ice blue eyes to the man, and opened up her own link with him, whether or not he heard her was up to him.
[i:7n28f8xl]Who are you; and why are you here. Enough with the facade; like my kin, and my pack, I have little patience for jokes of the lame sort, or trivial talk. More importantly, [b:7n28f8xl]How[/b:7n28f8xl] can you speak with me?[/i:7n28f8xl]

Right after she had sent out those thoughts of hers, the commotion started.

Right as the twin halberds were raised, Veraka roared at the top of his lungs; "ENOUGGHHH!!!"
A blinding white light struck down right in front of the aasimar paladin as he summoned down a [i:7n28f8xl]Lighting Bolt[/i:7n28f8xl] from the heavens. The white hot bold of crackling energy came sizzling down from the sky, spiting the air around it with a crack 'BOOMMM!!' of thunder so great is shook the ground beneath everyone's feet.
The paladin had his shield arm raised to the sky, electricity crackling around his hand and forearm like a snakes slithering along a surface. His other hand had grasped and drawn his sword, Marala Vharc. The adamantine weapon crackled with the power of a storm.

Veraka's silver orbs radiated a fury that rivaled that of any celestial in the heavens or on the Prime Material Plane, his visage showed barred teeth about. He lowered his shield arm, and raised his sword to where he had the tip of the blade pointing at the three guards.
"Know where you tread, [b:7n28f8xl]guard[/b:7n28f8xl]," he growled back, his voice all acid, no sign of that calm demeanor that he'd had an instant before; "you threaten me, that I will tolerate; but turn [b:7n28f8xl]ANY[/b:7n28f8xl] weapon against my children, and I swear to you, I will bring down storm of vengeance upon your sorry ass so great in fury, there will be nothing but charred husks left by the time I'm finished. And if [b:7n28f8xl]THAT[/b:7n28f8xl] isn't enough [b:7n28f8xl]proof[/b:7n28f8xl] of my station as Paladin and Storm Warrior to the Platinum Dragon, then you need to understand more about Bahamut before making pointless accusations."

He drew in a breath, long and hard, then let it out slowly.
"My wife, Neriah, is a descendant of demonic blood, yes; does that mean she is willing master mind of mayhem, I think not. It is not healthy to raise children in the midst of such a parent. Now, if we're going to continue to have squabbles over my choice of a mate, then I may be inclined to introduce you all to the pommel of my blade, Marala Vharc; for I would be [b:7n28f8xl]more[/b:7n28f8xl] than happy to make such arrangements if you can't pull your stereotypical, prejudiced heads out of your arses, and see the facts for what they are."

Aurora had her teeth barred and was issuing low growls at the three idiots of guards that had just threatened her little brother, his mate, and his pups.
Last edited by veraka on Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

Forgotten, if only partly, amidst the commotion, the flash of lightning, briefly showing him dismounting, and then leaving no sight of him when eyes that pierce darkness easily, only his mighty charger tied to a tree, decides maybe he owes Aurora an explanation, but just her. If his presence disturbed horses before, now even those beneath the three militiamen would have their nerves tested.

None had seen the change, nor would know what comes next from the man trading furs, but from the rear flank of the militiamen, threatening Aurora and her 'pack', comes a second growl, deeper, thicker, for what lurks behind them, with fur dark as the night, with the size of a draft horse, what the folk of Faerun dub, a Dire Wolf. This one, however only differs, in that it hasn't the spikes on its back that most do.

[i:wsueomc1]I have no pack, but nor will I ignore the threat to yours, I can't let just anyone know about this. Even the most patient of priests, is quick to judge when one speaks of foreign gods, and the mortal children of the anathema god-wolf, Fenrisulfr.[/i:wsueomc1] This, the words, the explanation, unspoken but given to Aurora, from one wolf to another.
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

((Shhhh! Don't tell them about that, the DM will hide all the impressionable young ladies. Then who is Vail to rescue?))

This does not look like a good time for heroics, of any sort, so what's a wanted rogue do in a situation like this? Sit tight, and wait for troubles to subside. He could not hope to make things any better at this moment, and prays for a peaceful resolution. Mind that he prays mostly to his mother, but since she's in and from Hell, he's sure to include good reasons to want a peaceful outcome.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)