Test run!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Getting a dozen of whistles from the sides and three mugs of good drinks, the moon elf impostor had a very good time. Despite her disgust to the round-eared humanoids, she did not have a good drink in warm dry room for months. Long years of not having good alcohol taste in mouth were sated.
Sudden boom of thunder shook the tavern. Few visitors turned to the windows that shuddered from sudden air distortion. Old innkeeper looked at the flash of lighting and shook his bald head with a sigh.
"Strange. Farham said there would be no rains today. What by Waukeen's gold is happening?"
Pointy ears tingled at the words, pink eyes glancing outside. Finishing her drink, adventurer left gold coins with tips and moved to the old fort where she came out from. Eowiewiel hated when something was bothering her drinking.

Horses went crazy from sudden flash of light and crashing thunderclap, naying with foam on their harness. The newly initiated troops could barely hold onto saddle, let alone hold their weapons. Their eyes were full of fear and image of giant taking out a sword radiating with whatever foul magic was on and feral growl from behind did not help to that. But in one instant a rallying cry overpowered chaos.
"Troops, HOLD THE LINE!" The leader of the three handled the animal under him easily, calming it with years of experience. His gauntleted hand grabbed a heavy crossbow off the saddle in instant with speed impossible for average warrior. Soon his aim was on the dire wolf that suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Yet his furrowed gray brows were directed at the self proclaimed paladin. The two recruits had already bows aimed at good distance on their horses with good positioning, one pointing arrowhead at the wolf of the warrior, the other notched his arrow at the goliath. They were trained well, the old guard thought to himself, proud of usually aloof boys.
"Vengeance is way of Talos, imposter! You already shown your true nature, deviant. If by summoning lighting bolt you think you can prove righteousness, then your ilk is not welcome in these lands." Raising his hand with cry, commander of the patrol and his men the mares moved out to the watch tower with great speed.
Fighting here in uneven odds was suicide. Whoever the man was, his claim true or not, he was not to be trifled with. Riding at full speed, old man wondered about getting help of his old friends at the village. One of them could be of great help against the madman. Coldly considering options, veteran kicked up the animal for more speed.
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

As if the great wolf might flinch at the crossbow aimed at him, head on no less, 'twould be a truly amazing marksman that could put out an eye with that clunky bit of wood, more likely to find that lupine skull just as hard as the average bear's, but then the militiamen make their hasty escape, and for good measure, does he turn and give chase, for a few seconds, seeming as he might overtake and drop the veteran's horse, likely for supper. And then.... into the dark of the forest he vanishes, letting them escape to safety. Letting him circle back, out of sight of man and beast alike, and revert to human form, then emerge from the shadows, and return to the saddle, then resume the casual lope, then prod his horse up to a steady canter, eager to be into town to trade furs, get just a little drunk, have a cooked meal for a change, and maybe make some spare coin on the strength of his body.

There's other motives too, like perhaps in the bustle of even the small town, he might have the benefit of meeting the Winter Wolf alone, to his mind that sees the world from both perspectives of man and beast, she's a much more attractive female than any of the local dogs could be, and he does genuinely wonder, if with the company she keeps, she's ever had a mate.
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka furrowed his brow at the words of the grizzled veteran, but sheathed his sword when he knew his children were out of harms way. The aasimar sighed deeply as he knew this would only create problems for him in the future.

However, he, like any other man with a family, was not about to stand idly by while someone, didn't matter their station or importance, threatened his family. And true to his barbarian heritage, Veraka had not taken any of those threats lying down.

However, in that brief moment, a roar that was familiar to the paladin, pierced the night sky. From behind him came a great winged golden form. The aasimar widened his eyes at the sight of an old friend whom he'd thought gone from the rest of his days since his last journey that had nearly gotten him killed in order to keep his wife and son safe from their balor captors.

The great flapping form grew with each passing moment, until it was obvious to Veraka, Neriah and his children, as well as Aurora and Blaze what the creature was. The great gold dragon circled above once before dropping down in a hard bank, that brought the mighty golden-scaled wyrm down upon the small group, and with four beats of its huge wings, the giant dragon landed behind the turned paladin.
"Veraka," it addressed the platinum scaled warrior in a deep, but firm voice; "how many times do you end up letting your temper get the better of you, despite your station to our great Dragon Father?"

"And hello to you to, Jormungander" Veraka said, with low bow to the great golden wyrm.

"courteous to those whom share you faith, yet more brash and ill-tempered to those whom are imposing to you, hmm?"

"More [b:25t9j2ta]assertive[/b:25t9j2ta] in my point that no one may threaten my wife and children and pretend that they can get away with it," the paladin retorted, more stern than anything else.

"Even myself, if I had chosen to?" Jormungander asked with a raised scaly brow.

This remark drew an even expression from the aasimar; "even you, if you so do choose to test those waters."

"HAA!" the dragon bellowed, then turning its blue eyes down upon aasimar paladin; "good, stubborn and adamant in your stance, no matter you adversary;as you should be, given your bloodlines and ties to the heavens."

The gold dragon looked the young warrior over, then spoke; "so, what brings you here, now; and what predicament have you strangled yourself into this time, hmm?" the questioning look from the huge wyrm was nearly enough to make the paladin take a step back.

The aasimar grew stern; "I find myself, yet again, being threatened for my wife being of her demonic heritage that she has, out of presumed fear and ignorance, not questioned fact and intelligent conversation."

The gold's visage turned to a frown; "ahhh the franticness of village folk and their militia." The dragon let out a sigh of resignation, then turned closed his mighty wings in around himself. "Cover your eyes, paladin."

Veraka, and his family did as told; a blinding light enveloped the golden winged lizard.
"Ahh much better," came a cool and collect male elven voice. Veraka turned to find himself staring at a tall, lithe sun elf, with golden skin and the same blue eyes as the dragon had.

"You know, Jormung, if you keep doing this, you honestly might end up being mistaken for one of [i:25t9j2ta]Tel'Quessir[/i:25t9j2ta]."

The dragon-in-elf skin gave off a hearty laugh, and looked straight at the paladin. "Well, my young warrior, now what should we do, hmm?"

"Well, I was planning on going straight through town, but now I'm not to sure about that."

"Hmm well, perhaps a roundabout route might be more efficient and less problematic hmm?"

"Perhaps, for now, I wish merely to got around this town."

Jormungander inclined his head; "indeed."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

Just as the situation seems to improve, by Mephistopheles's beard, it gets worse all over again. To gamble on Neriah's empathy of having Lower Planar heritage and the usually criminal life most Tieflings are forced to stoop to to survive, not to mention the natural predisposition to the crafty ways of a rogue, might have worked in convincing the paladin to not turn him over to the nearest city with a bounty on his head, it would even be a mercy to return him to the wife he married under the influence of some pretty exotic liquors (and ran away from when the hang-over passed.) But, this dragon, this gold dragon, he shuddered to imagine what sort of poverty he'd be put into to hope to sway such a creature to mercy.

And then, a few words, like sweet music strike his ears, and with a debonair grin, does he step out of the forest, keeping his hood drawn to hide bloody red hair, and pronounced horns, [color=darkred:32qo4m9r]"Greetings my friends, long has it been since we crossed each other, en route to that lovely City of Spiders. I couldn't help but overhear that you need to get past the town ahead, perhaps without going through? I could be of some help with this, in exchange for a map and an idea of where I am upon it."[/color:32qo4m9r] In his own subtle way, and admission to being lost.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Jormungander turned his elven-featured head to regard the newest arrival that mentioned something of an excursion with Veraka to the City of Spiders.
"So," the golden elf turned his head towards Veraka, "friend of yours from an excursion before we met, ehh?" The edge in his voice was evident, however, only just.

The paladin nodded in response, his own silver orbs locking onto the tiefling that he'd crossed paths with before. While Veraka would've been inclined to hog-tie him and deliver him to the nearest city with a posted bounty, he had two minor issues to deal with that took precedence over that. One was his situation with the damned guardsmen and their impudent display of ignorance, and number two was that his lovely wife was the descendant of an infernal creature.

"Alright, Vailintin; what brings you all the way out here, and why the offer, besides the fact that you might be in need of one of these," the paladin grabs a small map from his belt and shows it to the thief, before tucking it back in its pouch.
"And besides trying to trick us into a con, why, and more importantly, [b:3a1a165i]how[/b:3a1a165i] could you help me circumvent this town, ehh?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

Such questions, such lack of trust, Vailintin clasps hands over his chest, and puts on a practiced dramatic expression of being hurt, [color=darkred:1kkx9kt4]"You wound me, haven't I always delivered on my promises?"[/color:1kkx9kt4] A defeated sigh, all part of the actor's dramatization, and back he pushes his hood, revealing some paling of the skin and dulling of his hair,[color=darkred:1kkx9kt4] "Much as I loved having an employer that had less conscience than I about the elimination of competition, and freelance wealth redistribution, I found the lack of appreciation for everything but my heritage and exemplary demonstration of a male staying in his place in Lolthite society, rather boring. I'd decided it was due time to return top-side, even in light of the risks involved."[/color:1kkx9kt4]

[color=darkred:1kkx9kt4]"That is what brings me, however, I'd been below ground so long, I fear I had lost track of which exit led where upon the surface, I confess, I was hoping to find myself near to Luskan, but the lack of salt on the air, I'm clearly off course. Still, assuming your friend does not mind using more subtlety and less flair, I recommend a roundabout route off the road, we just need something to cover up all that shining armor, before it attracts anymore attention."[/color:1kkx9kt4] All that said, he glances between both Paladin and dragon-turned-elf, up to Neriah, and back to Veraka, [color=darkred:1kkx9kt4]"If you would rather insist on collecting on my capture though, could I have the mercy of a good meal? I've not eaten in a week."[/color:1kkx9kt4]
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

In the fort, when the old sergeant came back, whole place was in uproar. Count of sentries was doubled and order to watch the territory was issued. Unfortunately for the guards, their initiative was taken away with law by which the lord of Harrowsmith must be aware of the situation in his domain to give command to act. Pacing in his chambers and listening to the reports of the sentries, he was trying to calculate the needed forces and efforts to capture and interrogate the Veraka Orden (if that was his true name) and his demonic concubine. Waiting for the messenger from the Lord's mansion without any right to take action in his own hands was unbearable.
The issue of rugrats present with the strange pair was disturbing his calm demeanor. It could mean many things: imps in disguise, sacrifices, hostages... They could be truly his children. But that changed little. In the end, the visitor shown his aggressive intent on the attempt of arrest. And now this beast shriek... It looked like Beshaba was having fun with this village. Mayhap it is a good thing the Harrowsmith was a resting place for some retired adventurers... Maybe...
"Commander! The bright light of magic was seen from the tower."
"That's it!" the veteran growled, turning a table over. "Gather messengers to the tavern. We collect freelancers and mercs for job. Out."
"Sir? There is a disturbance at the outer gate."
"What is it this time?!" Feral rage in gray eyes shown to the second messenger that if his news won't be good, he is bound to be torn apart.
"A...An elf, sir. The woman demands audience as mercenary."
A somewhat relieved sigh came from words of the youth when he heard the reply.
"Let her in. I am ready to hear her out."

When Eowiewiel came into the courtyard, she expected the enchantment to wear off any minute under some kind of wards hidden in the walls. Instead, she was glad to see that this time magic was holding, not feeling any disruption of dispelling wards, if there were any.
"You again?" A somewhat rude and surprised snarl came from the human she encountered some time ago. "Ya' better tell me you are bounty huntress of fame. I have no time for hero-wannabes."
"Bounty huntress?" Fake polite smile curved moon elven features of her face. "Why, yes! I do that from time to time. What ails you, good sir?"
*Damned human. Damned law enforcers.* Angry thoughts swirled in her mind as she spun the silky words.
"Culprits running on the roads. One warrior, possibly a wizard. Demon-blooded elf woman. Expect wolves and other beasts that he may have. And there are children."
"U-huh..." The bold answer brought confusion to the twisted mind of dark elf, especially the last words.
"It is a complicated matter. I do not expect you to do something. You are not skilled enough, I presume."
"Umm... What exactly happened?" Taking an overturned chair, drow-in-disguise took her place in it, expecting a long explanation.
*This could be fun story to tell.*
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Save the act, rogue," Jormungander rebukes sharply to the tiefling thief;"we are both in need here, yourself wanting a map, and my paladin friend needing to move around this town. If you want dramatization, I suggest you look into the thespian world, they are always in need of new talent."

"Lord Jormungander," Neriah butts in, "if I may, acting or not, he still has knowledge of the area and how to navigate it. Might I suggest that we follow his advice of moving around the village." She turns her head to gaze directly at the tiefling; "perhaps he might even be willing to show us the way around. I'd rather that than walk blindly into a trap, wouldn't you, Vailintin?" Her crimson orbs locked onto his eyes, a silent promise to him telling if he did as she instructed, she would do her part in getting him his map.

"And what if he should decide to make a run for it, hmm?" Veraka put in, his tone even, not betraying his thoughts one way or another.

"And just where would he go, my husband. Without a map, he would likely be running aimlessly in circles for a very long while." Neriah shot back, her glare enough to stop a charging herd of bison.

Jormung scratched his chin thoughtfully, chewing on the fey'ri's words; "You realize, my friend, that your wife has just outspoken herself in this matter?"

The paladin shook his head with a slight smile on his face; "tis one of the many reasons I love her."

Neriah remained in her calm state, her mouth barely showing a hint of the smirk behind it; she'd not survived the first 300 years of her life on charity and support. No, she had found it through stealing what she needed, killing those whom would have used her or abused her, and also in using her rivals to her advantage whenever it suited her purposes. Then she'd met Alya, and had been in a very profitable partnership for a while until that paladin clad in platinum armor, had barged into town with those two drow and turned her entire operation upside down, and had left her at the mercy of that blasted Baelnorn. Then, unexpectedly had given her a chance at redemption barely a day later. Traveling with that certain paladin proved to be interesting in its own right for her.

However, she now had two more reasons to be cautious of Vailintin, for the last time they'd met, she had been but a lover to her husband. Now, she was a mother of two very young and beautiful children, [b:2d8w30b6]her[/b:2d8w30b6] children. And, by every god, goddess, and demigod, she'd protect them, and should anyone wish harm upon them, she'd give them a new reason to fear fey'ri and demons alike.

"Now Vailintin," she turned to the thief, "will you or will you not guide us around this gods-forsaken village, or do I have to let my husband do it for you?" Her question was also her threat to him.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

A flat expression, then faint smile hinting at restrained laughter, met Jormung's suggestion, and then a crow arches toward Neriah as she speaks up, and by the time she poses her first question to him, already he knows this is the gamble he hoped to play off of, answering briefly, [color=darkred:2zh7go1k]"I prefer to avoid traps, blind or not."[/color:2zh7go1k]

Then more conversation ensues, and he shifts his stance, keeping an eye down the road, and a hand rested upon his rapier, just getting a bad feeling that this chat needs to be finished soon. To the children he glances, and flashes his debonair smile and charmer's wink, but without missing a beat he returns his attention to these three arguing over his fate, and answers, though speaking quickly, not seeming to like being out in the open this long, [color=darkred:2zh7go1k]"Lord Veraka, Master Jormungand, Lady Neriah... you have no reason to fear my betrayal, where would I go that a dragon would not find me? Or your wolf would not track me? Or for that matter, what's to stop a sun elf, from telling the fort about me hiding nearby? By Mephistopheles Beard, I'd rather take my chances keeping my word, than angering any of you. Now could I recommend we get off the road and into some cover, we're easy targets for archers and mages out in the open."[/color:2zh7go1k]
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

Nearing the fort, even as the alert goes up for demons, wizards and monsters, that strange fellow, dressed in his piecemeal leather armor, bear pelt cloak, the claws of which are fashioned into a necklace, the skull serving as his helmet, rides unto the gates upon his large sturdy Shire, calling up to the guards, "Allow shelter fer a woodsman come ta trade his furs? Yer to be needin' them if ye mean to face down that lot down the road, an' perhaps i can make fer ye somethin' to protect ye from the wolves. Wee little family secret 'tis, makes the natural ones think yer kin."

Not a hint of deceit in his voice, honest and boasting to the last, or so it certainly sounds. What better premise to pass about his lycanthropy infection in the form of a potion, than helping a bunch of anxious soldiers feel better prepared for what they think to be a coming battle?
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

The gates were opened, a moon elf in white cloak running out on the horse without a hint of smile on her face. She ignored the man on the horse, too intensely concentrated on her thoughts. A contingent of twelve guards moved out, surrounding the feral-looking man with various weapons in their hands, mostly long iron pikes. One of them moved closer on five feet to the rider, iron discipline in his gait.
"We do not drink on duty. We suggest to follow us for questioning."

In his office, commander of the keep was meeting an old friend. An old foe he hoped he would not ever meet or need. Perhaps he was to hasty with this. But he did not trust the elven mercenary. And there was matter of children and foul beasts in these lands. He had to call [b:19g7z660]him[/b:19g7z660].
"I see you finally agreed that something happens here? I said the evil will come here, frie..."
"Do not call me that, Garilance! I have strict orders for you."
"My sword belongs to church, little guard."
"You will ignore demons without orders?"
The green eyes on the face that would better fit devil than inquisitor flared, fire of obsession came.
"Talk."
Last edited by Rainbow Prism on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

Apprehensive, but not so much fearful the 'feral' man regards the pikes aimed at him, calmly pushing one aside, "Oh, I'll come answer yer bleedin' questions, but if this is the way yer fer greetin' merchants, I'll be for warnin' every other one I meet on the roads ta stay away from here. How long can ye survive without any outside commerce I wonder. Now if yer quite done bein' a rude lot of sissies, get yer sticks outta me face, and show me to whoever has questions fer me." So bold, so confident, his voice commanding obedience, his gaze, that of a leader, a leader of nothing it would seem, but it is a cold gaze, slicing right through false confidence, laying bare any inexperience in any who might be they, surrounding him.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Dante and Alasse both looked at Vailintin as he gave them his best roguish grin. Despite the thief being in such close proximity to the thief, the two younglings were quite content to be where they were to the tiefling.

When Neriah heard the words from Vailintin, she nodded her head in agreement.
"That is always a wise and practical logic."

Jormungander nodded in agreement with Neriah; "I must concur with your beloved lass, this time, my friend. We are here to get you out of here, not to start a squabble over our pragmatic brigand here. To answer Master Vailintin's first suggestion," he pulled out a small bag from around his back and dropped a lithe elven hand inside, removing from it, a cloak of decent quality. He turned it over to Veraka.

"Your armor does stick out like a soar thumb among Selune's light."

Veraka was weary of Vailintin, but was not as concerned about him as to avoiding unnecessary battle for the sake of his family. The paladin took the large piece of fabric and slung it over his armor, winking out that ever gleaming platinum armor from view.

"Very well, now I must agree with our tiefling friend here, off the road would be much better than on it," with that said, Veraka grabbed Blaze's reins and led the warcharger off the road, and into the thick of the forest's trees, Jormungander and Aurora following suit, both making sure they had an eye on the thief all the while.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

After hearing every detail of the situation, Garilance Oaks understood that it was a sign. For years he was tested by Helm and now, it was a final test - to slay his enemies, deviants who dared to corrupt paladin and seduce him to the cause of evil. To protect the village in the name of all-seeing eye of Helm.
In three steps away from him, hearing cackle of the zealot, old soldier regretted his decision. Even if that cleric was a talented demonfighter, exorcist and saved life of his troops in desperate times, he seen what he has done. Perhaps...
Messenger barged into the room, sweat dripping from his face. It was a heavy day for him, running through the keep to communicate the orders.
"Sir, the barbaric man matching the description you gave us appeared at the gate."
Sergeant was glad to turn his attention away from fanatic and nodded to the youth. "As I thought. It was suspicious enough for me to not encounter him on my way back and see no sign of him. It seems he maybe somehow related to the self-proclaimed paladin. My men are getting him in?"
"Yes, sir. The best men who were trained under your guidance are seizing him at the moment."
Blissful smile on the face of the inquisitor changed to enraged snarl in one moment. Heading to the stairs, earthly robes and unkempt black hair flashed near the boy who barely avoided collision in time. And rightly so. For the faint clanking sound from under seemingly simple robes hinted at something sinister. Confused and not knowing what to make of it, the boy turned to his leader to get only tired sigh and shake of a head.
"Let him go. They say that they are never wrong. I really hope the lad is really paladin, otherwise he and the lass are doomed."

Listening to the 'trader', the closest of the guards cocked his head to the side. Few of the men had lost the nerve to the stare and words. These men were not the usual farmboys in armor, but well equipped fort soldiers, some of them having old scars on open faces that were seen from light of torches. The field leader raised his pike and issued in practiced monotone voice: "You are under arrest as suspect in the incident that occurred outside. Do not make it harder on yourself, woodsman." Movement of his arm was a signal for movement. The pikemen circled the rider in disciplined harmony, raising their spears and blocking way to retreat.

Eowiewiel rode out in the field to the road, following directions which were given by the human soldier. One horse and measly two hundred silver coins so far were the only payment she received for attempt to investigate the matter. Nearing the tree, priestess was not surprised to see no sign of them. Here she could be stumped, having no way to track the marks. But the dark elf had. [casts Summon Monster I]
Jumping down from the saddle, drow-in-disguise started chanting prayer in old elven dialect which was barely remembered to many. Each word made the air crackle with power, distorting the matter and summoning a small rift. Out of it a creature jumped out, barking and wagging it's tail. The silvery hued fur of the celestial dog gave glossy shimmer on the moonlight. Pointing at the tree, elf smiled and ordered: "Take a lead!" The hopes risen when the summoned canine moved to the tree, sniffing it. And they crashed when instead of searching and tracking the target, the dog raised it's lap and marked the wood with it's odor. Facepalming, drow groaned. "So much for guidance." Coming closer, the elf's voice raised the tone, pointing at the animal. "Alright, boy. I suppose you were sent to me for a reason, if I am not played for a fool. Track the men who were here and I promise I will get you something tasty."
Who knows what was on the mind of the animal? Hearing the words, dog sniffed the earth, moving in rounds and darted to the side, in direction of the forest. Before following, the woman sat on the ground, taking out set of marked sticks and bones, yet again chanting. [casts Augury] Ending the incantation, dark elf shook the ornaments in hand, throwing them on the ground. Looking at them, pink eyes had cloudy swirl in them. Sighing and taking up the materials, invoker laughed at all this. Already sitting in the saddle and running after the tracking mutt, Eo wondered if getting bad omen for a third time is not good for health.
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

Off the road, where torch light has less expansive reach, and ranged weapons were less useful, albeit, not useless. He did not know the forest here that well, but it's a forest, and much like all forests, there's trees, undergrowth, and if you know what you're looking for trails that weave through it all. 'Tis no trouble for him to take point, though those using any measure of Dark Vision at this point, will be surely surprised to see him suddenly vanish from sight. Even still he calls back in an even conversational volume, [color=darkred:ipkdwf4c]"Keep close and adjust your eyes to normal light."[/color:ipkdwf4c]

Odd thing to do at night in a forest? Perhaps, but for those following his instruction, he becomes visible again, and whilst he and an area which this group could fit within, if just barely, on account of horses, are illuminated, there is no actual light per se, still this 'light' gives a surreal look to their surroundings, those within its reach. Those not within though, without aid of their own light, see little or nothing, dark vision or not. Aside to Neriah he comments, [color=darkred:ipkdwf4c]"Dark Light, handy for one who does their best work in the dark."[/color:ipkdwf4c]

Far off barks of a dog, catches his ear though, and he groans a bit. Over his shoulder asks to Aurora directly, though knowing an answer will need to be relayed, [color=darkred:ipkdwf4c]"Any suggestions to throw that dog off our trail milady?"[/color:ipkdwf4c] In his mind his own 'companion', that rapier sheathed at his side, speaks to him, [color=red:ipkdwf4c]<<How uncharacteristically unlike you, caring about the safety of those children. I hope you're not going soft one me Vail, it's difficult to find people of both skill and a stomach for my benefits.>>[/color:ipkdwf4c]