[Campaign] Forward through Eternity

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

[Campaign] Forward through Eternity

Post by Cipherof3vil »

"Esperoque" The captain called. She was kneeling before him as he sat on a small throne crafted from pieces of legendary chests they'd plundered over the years. It was a mark of pride rather then comfort to say the least. She'd been called into the Throne room minutes ago and had waited, kneeling, until the Captain addressed her.
"The Shiroiryuu have killed our Ally, the Silver Skulls. You know what this means." The Captain was referring to their comrades, the SS, who have long been partners with them, the Burning Rose. They were the last partners they possessed. Meaning, they were next on the list.
"I do." She said.
"They will target us next. The Pirate King has yet to recognize the threat, as these attacks are highly localized to our sea and have only claimed four Crews now. We cannot expect aid to come to us. Our Crew has been lucky the past years. We are by no means the strongest out there, or even the strongest in these waters. We wont last long unless measures are taken." The captain sounded resigned, like a man just before playing his last hand.
"What do you wish of me" She asked.
"We must visit the Sea Witch." The Captain said blankly.
"Ca-" Esperoque silenced herself. She knew what this meant as well. The Sea Witch didn't do anything for free. A younger crew member must be given up to the witch, Rank depending on the favor. And Esperoque was the ships First Mate.
"I Understand. I'm ready immediately."

Esperoque watched her old ship sail away from the small island she now was forced to call home for what little time she may have left. The meeting was short and uneventful. They handed her over, and the witch told them they had her blessing.
"Girl." The witch called. She obediently stepped forward to the witch. No one knew what happened to the crew given to the witch, But this was for the benefit of the Crew.
"Calm your thoughts. I'm not going to [i:152xz1y4]eat[/i:152xz1y4] your or anything. We must work quick to fulfill your ships request." The witched stepped out from behind the screen that hid her. Esperoque was stunned to see not some old woman, but a younger, mature woman who's beauty was breathtaking. Snapping herself at her short lived stare, she questioned.
"Fulfill the request?" She asked.
"Of course. You didn't think I could just snap and make anything happen did you? No. Thats what I use the payments for. You. You will fulfull the request, I mearly provide the way." Esperoque couldn't stop herself from laughing a moment.
"That makes so much more sense! Damn those men and their rumors. What need I do?" she asked.
"Its quite simple really. I'll grant you with protection against Divinations to determine your alignment and true nature, your origins and your side in the war. With that, You can join into the lower ranks of the Shiroiryuu and work your way up. Gaining their training, their secrets, Stick with them and you may even get a position of power if your skilled enough. Beyond my gift and aid, you'll be on your own. And you must not openly boast or act like a Pirate of course." The Witch explained to her.
"I... You.. I'm to join the bastards?!" Esperoque exclaimed. The Witch sighed.
"Swallow your pride, Black Rose, You [i:152xz1y4]Will[/i:152xz1y4] join the Ninja or the war will be much darker for your kind, let alone your Crew." Esperoque was silent for sometime before replying. The witch was said to know nearly everything, But to know her Assigned name? A Name only uttered once by her Captain upon receiving Rank among the crew.
"I.. accept.." She muttered. And just like that the world went black.

((( Yes. The first segment of this adventure is Pirates VS Ninjas. Takes place Six years after that.)))
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

the young lythari paced around the clearing they had settled. Caught in the midst of a war they had no part of. But as such was to happen it spilled over onto the small isle he Silver Shadow Clan had called residence.
the clan leaders had tried to bring peace bewteen the feuding parties. But neither would listen. Now they sat and discussed the next course of action. Should they leave this world? should they continue efforts to stop it?

Ariali as much as she herself abhorred violence she didnt think the answer was to run. there were so few of them left. Movement paused the girl in her steps. the soft crunch of leaf barely detectable. waiting, she didnt smell what it was. In her wolf form the girl lunge at Ariali. One of the leaders youngest daughters then popped out of the bush to tackle Ariali. with a warm smile she caught the girl both falling to the bed of soft meadow grass.
"You know you cant sneak up on me."
"One day, by Selune, I will," she replied shifting back to her elven form.

the hours passed as the meeting continued. Ariali was becoming nervous. Never before had the elders gathered so long. It was nearly dusk when Ariali's mother approached. the young lythari stood up, her face clearly concerned standing up as her mother walked over to her.
"its still decided" the elder woman spoke almost sadly.
Ariali sat down, her head resting in her arms. It wasnt the right thing. It couldnt be.
a few tears formed in her golden eyes. She knew what she had to do. it nearly broke her heart even thinking about it. This was her clan, her family. they were everything to her.
a deep sigh, she shifted, a large black wolf, and ran in hopes of clearing her head and strengthening her resolve.

((hope that works. if not let me know))
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Tak-tha felt the tension in the air. The old and bent man who sat next to him would occasionally cough, and wrap himself tighter in the large cloak he wore. Despite their proximity to the volcano the man still felt cold. Tak-tha was always amazed by this quality in humans, after a certain age their bodies gave out to amazing amounts. But he owed the man a great debt, and so he came when he received the summons.
His mandibles clicked impatiently, and the claws on his hands rapped out an irregular staccato on the stone of the mountain,
[color=darkred:3h9v0br3]"If you had reason to summon me, I would very much like to hear it before you keel over and die, old man."[/color:3h9v0br3] Tak-tha hissed out.

Another series of coughs shook the old man's frame.
"Still as impatient as ever, bug. Very well. The Shiroiryuu have gone to war. The Ebollizione Nebbia cannot openly support them, but support them we must." The old man cleared his throat, and spat on the ground. "We must not allow the pirates to wipe them out, lest we too cease to exist. To that end, 4 of our masters have been sent to them already. Now you too must join them. Consider this the fulfillment of your debt Tak."

The hunched figured turned to face the man, its head tilted quizzically. The mandibles clicked in an excited manner, and the bug nodded. Without another word, it jumped high into the air. Landing on a tree a dozen feet away, and a few feet down the mountain, Tak made his way towards the Shiroiryuu.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

The Shiroiryuu. Rulers of the ninja, unspoken commanders of the shadows. Greatest enemy to the Pirates.
And Esperoque was a part of them. The thought still, to this day, made her want to stab herself for her betrayal. The witch had lied. Her crew fell just weeks after she was chosen from the streets to be raised as a shinobi. The witch's magic was strong. when she awoke she was younger, at least ten years old in appearance though she retained muscle build and was just as effective as she was before. The ninja took her in. She didn't know how she did it, but the witch was able to place her in the right place at the right time. And just like that she was chosen....
Her life had been hell ever since. Training at each waking hour, little time to herself. When the word spread that her crew, The Burning Rose, had fallen there was nothing she could do. If she tried to run, which was nearly impossible at the time, they'd just find her and kill her off. If she showed grief for her loss, she could be killed at the mere suspicion. Ever since then she'd trained only harder. Pushing herself in an attempt to help smother the possibility of discovery. It wasn't about the Crew anymore. It was live a hard life, or die painfully. She'd seen the punishment for traitors to the Shiroiryuu. She'd even dealt the punishment once. Which was only days after she was promoted to a spot where she could more easily run due to less watch and missions carried out at distance.
Life didn't slow down much even after promotion into the Jounin. It someways it was better, but in other ways it was more stressful. Her missions were harder, but more spread out. When she wasn't away on missions however, she was watching over lesser ninja.

*not done yet, but I gotta go.*
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Tak-tha had been welcomed with open arms into the Shiroiryuu. At least to a much greater degree than he had expected. Obviously the old man had notified whoever was in charge of this group of his arrival. For the obvious reason of not causing a disturbance, Tak had started off as a new recruit, but after much "hard work" he now found himself in a suitable position as a Chuunin. The other 4 who had been sent from Ebollizione Nebbia were constantly pressuring him towards becoming a Jounin like them, but Tak had no intention of doing so. While the missions might have been more fun to the bug, Tak hardly cared for the other responsibilities.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

Esperoque, or Kasumikin as she was called here. "Gold Mist", Was at the door before the knock came. When it did she let the sannin in. Herusanbai was one of her Kage's personal units, He always wore white, which stood out against his easterner looks of bright blue eyes and unnaturally blonde hair that put Kasumikin's to shame, or so she though. They were as friendly as ninja of the Shiroiryuu ever got. That is to say, they talked once in a while and didn't often think of ways to kill each other. Even smiling on occasion.
The section they worked in was closest to the High Station where the Genokage himself resided. So they trained the hardest, and kept the most fierce appearances. Here, there were many death penalties and harsh punishments. Ninja who thought they were treated rough in the outer Stations of the Shiroiryuu would surly kill themselves when pushed into this life.
"Sumi" Heru started using her shortened name that only he ever used to address her. "I've received some troubling orders."
"I wasn't aware there was such a thing for ninja of the Shiroiryuu" 'Sumi' replied in the standard 'Shiroiryuu is so superior' act. Heru may be lighter with her then.. well, all the others. But she always retained her aloof short tempered position.
"While that may be true, this message does bring unwanted news. It would appear theres a spy among the Shiroiryuu. Our Station has always been renown for our loyalty. So the Genokage has asked we deal with it. Us Sannin will be leaving to supervise the other stations. Were told to bring along a jounin with us as backup." He put emphasis 'Jounin' and looked into her eyes as he finished.
"You're saying you want to take me with you to babysit another station." Sumi said it in her direct, factual manner of speaking she'd developed over the years here.
"I am! How do you do that?" He asked sarcastically. Sumi didn't know how he found time for things like that within the structure and strict nature of their station. Then again she never saw him do so in front of others. Maybe this was his true face.
"Were to leave as soon as possible I presume?" She said, making him frown.
"You aren't going to ask where were going? I should have expected you to be so cold." This man wasn't quitting the playfulness. He never did unless they were in the presence of others. Sumi closed her eyes and refrained from sighing.
"Where are we going then."
"No, I don't think I can tell anymore." He said looking away.
"Fine! I didn't need to know in the first place" She snapped reddening much to Heru's amusement.
"Ashmole. Some island to the east that rains ash, doesn't that sound thrilling? Raining ash. I just had to choose it. It use to be island home to a band of pirates before we eradicated them. 'Burning Rose' or something." He said. Sometimes it seemed these people knew her origins despite the witches promise, wouldn't be the first she broke.
"Were to live on the same island a bunch of.. filthy.. pirates.. use to inhabit?" She said with as much false disdain as she could manage.
"Isn't it wonderful? Maybe they left behind some artifacts the sweepers missed. We leave in the morning." And he disappeared out the door and away.
Last edited by Cipherof3vil on Sat May 28, 2011 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The knock on Tak-tha's door was surprising but not wholly unexpected. The rumors of a traitor amongst the ranks had filtered through all levels of ninja at the headquarters. As outsiders, albeit from a sister clan, Tak-tha had become a natural suspect. He assumed that the other 4 sent with him would also most likely get "assignments of the most important nature." He was presented with a sealed scroll, and told to give it to some woman called Kasumikin or a Sanin Heru. They were due to depart for Ashmole today. Ever the dutiful chuunin, Tak had no choice but to accept. Gathering his few travelling possesions, Tak closed and locked the door to his room. Silently screeching and mumbling to himself, Tak made his way towards the room that had been told was Kasumikin. He looked at the seal on the scroll, and realized that it was one that would paralyze the opener if it was not one so designated.

Several seconds later, Tak-tha stood in front of Kasumikin's door, and knocking twice waited for a reply.
Last edited by NathreeDe'Shezbron on Sat May 28, 2011 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

her mother shook her head, the sadness still there as Ariali ran off. She knew to let her daughter run it off. So she turned back to the group of elders gathering the whole clan.

Ariali ran for miles till she reached the coast. Not out of breath but stopped at the edge of the water. the Moon had now risen, its light reflecting of the calm blackness of the expanse before her. the lythari returned to her elven form. The coastal breeze blew with a soft chill in the warm night. Eyes closed, her toes dipped in the small crashing waves. her burgandy hair a mess blowing around her. the wrap skirt loose around her thin frame flapping.
A prayer was on her lips for courage and strength. the high tide was coming in now around her ankles. A soft word spoken to her mind, a cryptic message.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya