Onix and Lineee; a roleplay

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: Looked- and came away blind, lol!! Kidding.

IC: The gnome noticed the intense srcutiny of the drow, and the change in his eyes, and chuckled as if thinking of some private joke. "Look all ye' ant, fella- But don' blame me if'n ye' get blinded!" He lets out a loud guffaw, leaning back, and almost falls back into the cart before righting himself. Sure enough, the robe- and a strange apron tied around the front of it with several small pockets on it- along with a pair of rings and a belt loaded with more wands than the gnome has fingers all glow brightly.

"Dancing Maiden, huh? Figures. Durned Moondancers are all over, these days. Must be somethin' in the air- like catnip. Ah, hooey- wouldn' be s'prised if'n that fool bard lad was around here someplace, too. Keep bumpin' inta him e'rywhere I go..." He says, as if muttering to himself. The pony paws the ground as if impatient, and tries to move forward. He jerks back on the reins- almost falling back again- and several bottles or other glass implements in the cart clink at the unexpected jerk.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

((Actually, the player's handbook does list that as a possibility :P, but he's a monk, so lets say I dodged the light rays? I dont know...))

The gnome wasn't kidding. Zyeke had to squint his eyes, and let his eyesight return to normal, blinking a couple times to clear the tears. He quietly coughed.

[color=blue:1cz3zqtt]"Well, just making sure, you gnomes are a crafty lot. And I think my arrival to the world above was a bit before either of theirs."[/color:1cz3zqtt] He looked at the gnome with a curios expression, [color=blue:1cz3zqtt]"Who is this bard that keeps coming up in your sentences? Is he an issue in these parts, or some such thing?"[/color:1cz3zqtt]
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The old gnome shrugs. "Nah, just a minor annoyance I've met a time or three. Where he goes, trouble seems to follow. Might be he's made a few gods angry. But he's a Moondancer, like you, if'n I take yer meanin' right. Bah, almost fergot me manners. Name's Beznik Bogglewort, by th' way- at yer' service. Alchemist and mage."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke nodded and smiled,

[color=blue:2p4djlco]"Very well then. I should very much like to meet him then. Zyeke The Unwanted, as humans would call me. Monk and hermit, I suppose, although I simply call it being alive."[/color:2p4djlco] He stretched out his hand in greeting.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix turned back to the odd drow fellow right as he took off in a jog; "uhh, well I suppose I'm now here," he turned and looked back at LiNeee, and, smiling, said, "well, I'm here; wanna join me?" With that, the clone turned about and started walking off in the direction that Zyeke had took off in.

Less than a moment later, Onix recognizes a certain gnome atop his pony mount. Narrowing his eyes for a split second, the clone realizes quickly just [b:12bi246z]who[/b:12bi246z] the gnome was.

"And here I thought I had had my start of random encounters for the day."

Valor looked down at Onix from his shoulder, and replied, [i:12bi246z]I remind you that [b:12bi246z]that[/b:12bi246z] bumbling fool nearly took my beak off, his damnable concoctions anyways.[/i:12bi246z]

Onix burst out laughing at the eagle's expression; "But Valor, you might have been better off without your beak for a few moments, until we would have had to have it healed back on."

Valor turned back to the clone, giving him such an stare down([url=http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/ ... g:12bi246z]pic idea[/url:12bi246z]) that the clone almost lost his smile.

Still, Onix kept his smirk up, all the while walking on over to where his old codger friend was.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

(( Wow, so much excitement... o.o ))

LiNeee was basically just standing there like a fool, an ear-to-ear grin bathing on her delightful face. So Onix was here, with her, on a beach... In Toril. She smirked wider, [i:3aqgw2am]"you could say I am just a little suprised Onix, my dear. Although it was your entry that caught my guard off, not so much just seeing you here. Though I was thinking about you before the rain began to fall,"[/i:3aqgw2am] LiNeee said softly, adding even more so at the end; [i:3aqgw2am]"and yes, long time with no see. To both you and Valor, and hey birdbeak."[/i:3aqgw2am]Seemed the Drowess had matured a little after the Menzoberrenzan trip, no bloody wonder, considering what she went through. Her eyes followed the one other Drow here as he took off, she sighed, two lung fulls of air obviously leaving in one go-[i:3aqgw2am] "that chap, is really strange..."[/i:3aqgw2am] She pointed out, though already she was making her way after him with Onix at her side, a brisk walk but one calmly none-the-less.

LiNeee was just about to ask questions, where he went after Menzo, how he was, how Valor was and Lothir.. Oh and Luexana! Well... Before she heard that bumbling bafoon of a Gnome ranting away in his strange chider, Beznik...

[i:3aqgw2am][quote:3aqgw2am]"And here I thought I had had my start of random encounters for the day."[/i:3aqgw2am][/quote:3aqgw2am]

Onix was saying as LiNeee finally got her eye-sight back, it was strange how her moods just swung past like a rope swing, happy-sad-furious. One after the other. A smile etched across her face, she looked over at Onix and rolled her eyes, under her breath she mumbled; [i:3aqgw2am]"you're telling me..."[/i:3aqgw2am] Without hesitation however, LiNeee looked up at the crazed gnome and inclined her head, [i:3aqgw2am]"Beznik, how nice to see you. What brings you to these parts?"[/i:3aqgw2am] She looked over his shoulder into the back of the cart, hands on her hips and mocking smile, [i:3aqgw2am]"what? No Lothir? Thought you two were joined at the hip."[/i:3aqgw2am] She laughed, but her smile was still sweet, nothing...Well, evil about it. LiNeee used to call her mother that; evil, could have sworn she really was!
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The gnome nods to the drow, and drops down from the cart- getting half-tangled in the reins on the way- then gets himself unencumbered and proceeds to toddle over and shake his hand. "Eh, nice ta meetcha', I's'pose. What's one more knife-ear, anyhow?" He shrugs, with a "why me?" expression. "Least if'n they're dancin' nekkid under the moon, they ain't stabbin' folks in the back!"

He turns to Onix, and gives him a slight smile. "So how'r the new blades workin' fer ya? Din' think I'd be seein' you again so soon, ye' tin can. Don'cha EVER take that stuff off?!" He says, as if annoyed to see Onix in his armor as usual. "Might wanna' let it 'air' once in a while, if'n ye' know what I mean!" He guffaws again, laughing so hard he nearly falls to his rump.

At LiNeee's comment, he makes a slight grimace. "Don' insult me, gairly- I can only stand so much o' that prankin' songbird 'afore I wanna stuff one o' my egg bombs down 'is fool throat. Ne'er cared too much fer singin' clowns. "Sides, just cause I run inta th' feller a few times don' mean we're hitched. I'll leave th' hip-joinin' to th' dragon-lass he's with!" He gives a small "hmph", and starts back to his cart, struggling to get up on it, and even slipping a couple of times.

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

LiNeee let out her very own giggle as the gnome told Onix to air his suit of armor, she had a few ideas to maintain his body while it... Aired. Her cheeks flushed red, invisible under the darkness, but she still felt the warmth, her eyes closing tightly. [i:13s5em73]Hey Onix, I know what-[/i:13s5em73] She was cut off as the gnome went off;

[quote:13s5em73]At LiNeee's comment, he makes a slight grimace. "Don' insult me, gairly- I can only stand so much o' that prankin' songbird 'afore I wanna stuff one o' my egg bombs down 'is fool throat. Ne'er cared too much fer singin' clowns. "Sides, just cause I run inta th' feller a few times don' mean we're hitched. I'll leave th' hip-joinin' to th' dragon-lass he's with!" He gives a small "hmph", and starts back to his cart, struggling to get up on it, and even slipping a couple of times. [/quote:13s5em73]

Her eyes opened slightly, and she gave the gnome a dumbfounded look, had he really just gone down that street? She cocked an eyebrow at him and stepped forwards to give him a hoist up onto the cart, [i:13s5em73]"you little people, all the same. Grumpy, wise, and considerably clumsy."[/i:13s5em73] She got him up to his seat and let out a breath, as if exhausted, [i:13s5em73]"it was a joke, Beznik, don't get those trousers in a twist!"[/i:13s5em73] She chimed, giving him a small smile as she took a step back from the cart and folded her arms, her eyes drifting to the pony out front, she had always had some little appreciation for the animal, they were so beautiful...
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[color=blue:1acxfyy9]"So how'r the new blades workin' fer ya? Din' think I'd be seein' you again so soon, ye' tin can. Don'cha EVER take that stuff off?!" He says, as if annoyed to see Onix in his armor as usual. "Might wanna' let it 'air' once in a while, if'n ye' know what I mean!" He guffaws again, laughing so hard he nearly falls to his rump.[/color:1acxfyy9]

The clone tilted his head toward the gnome, and chuckles; "Ya know Beznik, in all this time, I thought I would be needing more of my already numerous count of knives on me. However, I think these blades have been pulling it through for me."

At the remark of airing out his OMNI armor, the clone merely looked at the gnome with a raised brow. "Do I take this armor off, yeah, occasionally, when I'm alone and near a decent source of water, yes."

[i:1acxfyy9]And by that, you mean whenever you have the chance to think back to when you and LiNeee were together alone as well,[/i:1acxfyy9] Valor quickly added in.

Onix felt his cheeks suddenly heat up as blood rushed to his face, his face acquiring a new hint of redness behind his pale features.

"VALOR!!" the clone shouted, launching an open hand after the bird right as he took off from the clone's shoulders; "I'm gonna flay you alive, smart ass!"

The eagle merely soared off into the air, squawking in laughter all the way up.

Onix turned, flustered, back to LiNeee and Beznik right as they got done with their little debate, only to find himself flushed with anxiety at the gnome's suggestion. "That bird, I swear sometimes," he growled under his breath, both from the humiliation that Valor had caused him, and from the mere thought of what the bird was referring to.

"Besides, Beznik, what would I do anywho if I were to let my armor 'air' out, as you so aptly put it, ehhh?"
However, the clone then quickly remembered a few words that he'd caught from LiNeee a moment earlier. He looked over to LiNeee and found himself staring right at her, gazing over her form as she admired the small pony of Beznik's.

[i:1acxfyy9]AHAA!! Caught in the act, you [b:1acxfyy9]sight-seeing[/b:1acxfyy9] supersoldier;[/i:1acxfyy9] jested Valor, his timing becoming ever-more precise.

[i:1acxfyy9]Would you shut [b:1acxfyy9]up[/b:1acxfyy9],[/i:1acxfyy9] Onix shot back at the bird.

[i:1acxfyy9]Dear boy, she is a [b:1acxfyy9]drow[/b:1acxfyy9]. I need not remind you on how open their species are to such ideas.[/i:1acxfyy9]

[i:1acxfyy9]Yes, but that doesn't mean shit if she doesn't feel the same way about me,[/i:1acxfyy9] the clone retorted.

Valor circled about above in the air, and landed on a close tree branch not far from the small group; putting a wing up over his head, the eagle grumbled in his thoughts; [i:1acxfyy9]Are you that blind, you fool, or do I need to fly over and push you on top of her to prove my point? [b:1acxfyy9]Oorrrrr[/b:1acxfyy9] if you really need convincing, then when we come to a decent stop that is not this beach, try 'airing' out your armor and watch her reaction; you'll see my point soon enough.[/i:1acxfyy9] With that said, Valor closed their link, leaving the clone to his thoughts.

Onix looked back over at LiNeee, not completely disregarding Valor's idea; "crazy bird, anyways," he muttered to himself.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The gnome looks at Onix sceptically, and one bushy brow rises. "Sonny-boy, if'n I have'ta explain THAT one to ye', there ain' no helpin' ya'!" He snickers, and glances meaningfully at the drow lass. "Guess you star-farin' folk don' learn much 'bout th' ways o' women, eh? They DO teach ye' what lasses 're FOR, don' they?" He shakes his head, as he picks up the reins.

"Well, where you folks headed? I might join ye', since I'm, er- movin' me shop again. Know any quiet towns 'round these parts?" He looks a bit uncomfortable for a moment about something, and glances back at the small amount of goods packed into the cart. It appears to be mostly baskets of herbs and cages with various small, strange animals inside, and boxes of some sort of goods. Strangely, several of the boxes bear scorch marks, and some of the creatures appear singed. There is a travel pack under the driver's seat, and a metal chest in with the rest of the items, which seems to bear several scorch marks, as well.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((Unless someone has an interesting event planned on this trip, I'm just going to skip ahead to Zyeke's home.))

Zyeke shrugged,

[color=blue:197mmrrg]"Well, for the time being, my house. After that I know not. Wherever the Dancing Maiden points my feet."[/color:197mmrrg] He pointed in the direction the gnome came from, [color=blue:197mmrrg]"Its not far in that direction. Only a couple miles or so. I fear I might have to expand, if I am to accommodate all of you."[/color:197mmrrg]

Zyeke nodded, [color=blue:197mmrrg]"Indeed, I think you have already passed it, in fact."[/color:197mmrrg] He waved his hand dismissively, [color=blue:197mmrrg]"In any case, I think it would be best if we got underway again."[/color:197mmrrg]

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((OOC: this little bit of post first takes place before we go to Zazzt's place, whereever it is))

Onix gasps and scrunches up his brow; "Beznik, YOU'RE agreeing with bird-brain?!! I . . " he stopped and took a slight breath quickly and then released; "Look, ya old gnome, I was bred for war, nothing else. . . . ." He retorts to the old gnome, walking up to the cart where Beznik is located.

"But, now that you mention it," the clone turned about and gave LiNeee a good look over, admiring her form in every way possible; "I can't say 'no' to her," he said in a low tone to the gnome, not minding the idea of him and the drowess together when he might let his armor 'air out'.

"Alright, fine, small-fry; I'm just not used to, well, talking about things like that," the clone said to the gnome; "also, yes we are trained in knowledge of the female species from where we come from, just not the 'how-to-romance' them aspect."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Beznik turns the cart around and follows the monk, as Onix walks alongside it. "Lad, ye' might be bred fer war, but yer' BORN ta be a man, first n' last. If'n ye' ain't figgered THAT out yet, you got problems!" He gives the clone a smirk, and chuckles. Guess that's one thing I ne'er did git right, meself. Just ne'er seemed ta have th' time fer ladies, y'know? Then look at me now- old, set in my ways, got nothin' a gal'd want nohow- Don' make the same mistake I did, sonny-boy. Ye' gotta go after it while yer still young 'nuff ta ENJOY it!"

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke couldn't hide his smile at the gnome's simplistic way of thinking, and slowed his pace so as to allow the two to catch up to him.

[color=blue:1lib44c4]"Granted I know nothing of the history between those two, but succumbing to one base desire shall only lead to falling into darkness."[/color:1lib44c4] He nodded in LiNeee's direction, [color=blue:1lib44c4]"Simply 'goin after it' because you are young is hardly the way to start a relationship."[/color:1lib44c4]

He shrugged,

[color=blue:1lib44c4]"But then again, that way of the world is one that I adhere to, and one that I know is not for everyone. Some have said that I simply love myself more than my fellow human, and simply use this as an excuse to avoid the world at large."[/color:1lib44c4] He laughed, [color=blue:1lib44c4]"Who is to say if they are so wrong?"[/color:1lib44c4]

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The old gnome blinks at him, and gives him a funny look. "Well, if'n ye don't go after what ye want, how ye e'er gonna GET it? Moonin' o'er some pair o' pretty eyes an not e'er sayin or DOIN' nothin' 'bout it ain't gonna git the lad nowheres!" He jerks his head back toward LiNeee, and chuckles. "Asides, any fool can see she wants th' same thing. Just ain't neither of 'em come out 'n quit beatin' 'round t' bush yet."