Onix and Lineee; a roleplay

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zyeke nodded,

[color=blue:17l6ya9p]"True enough. Yet no one is gifted with eternal life, you cannot purse everything you want. So would it not be better to perfect yourself to the best of your abilities, as opposed to be distracted the the baser human needs? Love does not open the door to the mysteries of the universe, my friend."[/color:17l6ya9p]
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

LiNeee took a step forwards, her mind seemed to frost over- keeping the gents' ranting and raving out of her head, who needed their annoying blabbering anyway? Oh, and considering it was about her, and a bright red Onix. She shook her head, running her fingers along the whithers, the pony gave a small snort and tossed its head, LiNeee giggled and finished up patting it before turning around; catching on to what the guys were talking about. Her jaw flabbed open and her eyes shot open, [i:3rjib9yb]"excuse me?"[/i:3rjib9yb] She hissed, hands springing to her hips as they carried on- ignorning her.

[i:3rjib9yb][color=red:3rjib9yb]The gnome looks at Onix sceptically, and one bushy brow rises. "Sonny-boy, if'n I have'ta explain THAT one to ye', there ain' no helpin' ya'!" He snickers, and glances meaningfully at the drow lass. "Guess you star-farin' folk don' learn much 'bout th' ways o' women, eh? They DO teach ye' what lasses 're FOR, don' they?"[/i:3rjib9yb][/color:3rjib9yb]

[i:3rjib9yb]What lasses are for?[/i:3rjib9yb] She scoffed and tossed her hair back, glaring thoughtfully at the gnome, [i:3rjib9yb]"what we're for! How dare you mock us like that. Are you to say so effortlessly that we are only used for catergorical issues? Like what exactly, Beznik? Having children to keep the world flourishing? I'm insulted!"[/i:3rjib9yb] LiNeee said softly, though her voice was truly brashful, she was... Well, in the least to say; just a little upset. But just before she could truly yell at the gnome, she caught wind of Onixs low voice;

[i:3rjib9yb][color=green:3rjib9yb]"Look, ya old gnome, I was bred for war, nothing else. . . . ."[/i:3rjib9yb][/color:3rjib9yb] LiNeee held in her breath and turned back to the pony like she'd heard nothing, although if one were to see her face; disappointment would be the dominant emotion. The other drow was joining in, saying something about being young wasn't a base for any relationship, LiNeee rolled her eyes but instead of putting her ten cents worth in, she just walked around the pony and began walking in the direction the other drow had pointed, where his home was. Beznik , his cart- and Onix were behind her, the drow; well, God knows where.

So Onix was only made for war, she didn't quite know how to take it, one would be to back off completely, or the other... To pull him into a different world completely, where war and love could live at the same time. She rolled her eyes, foot steps perhaps a little to precise, a little to hard- her thoughts basically running a quarter mile ahead of her, [i:3rjib9yb]what if... No, no what ifs.. If we ever have time alone, just us.. We'll see then, otherwise, leave the poor guy alone,[/i:3rjib9yb] LiNeee bent her head, a little embarrased and more so confused, would she ever have the time with Onix alone? She shrugged mentally and pointedly shot over her shoulder- [i:3rjib9yb]"Zyeke, how far did you say it was?[/i:3rjib9yb] Perhaps she could run it?
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke smiled, and pointed off into the undergrowth just to the left of the path.

[color=blue:190jea3d]"Not far, just in there."[/color:190jea3d] His eyes took on the golden hue again, and using his staff to move aside the dense greenery, he waved the group forward. After a few more minutes of walking through dense forest, the group came into a hollow. The sun had set long ago, and the moon shone bright in the clear sky. The calmness that Zyeke always radiated was dwarfed by the tranquility of this place, almost as if it was removed from time.

The clearing itself was almost a two dozen feet at its widest point, and tapered off on the far ends, making a crescent like shape. In the middle stood a large tree, the branches of which reached the ground, and made a dome of sorts. Zyeke bowed.

[color=blue:190jea3d]"Welcome to my abode. I hope your stay is a pleasant one. There is clean water to drink from the stream on the other side of the tree.[/color:190jea3d] He pointed to a sapling, [color=blue:190jea3d]"You may use that to tether the horses... Oh, and I believe that there should still be some berries on the upper branches of the tree. Simply climb them once you are inside."[/color:190jea3d]

He looked at LiNee,

[color=blue:190jea3d]"I will prepare you a bed in the higher levels, so you do not have to sleep with the men."[/color:190jea3d] [i:190jea3d]Unless I should set up one for you large friend over there with yours as well?[/i:190jea3d] His fingers signed, indicating Onix.

The soft burbling of the stream was barely audible in the stillness of the grove, not even the sounds of wildlife could be heard.
Last edited by NathreeDe'Shezbron on Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[color=blue:3muy8l96]Just ain't neither of 'em come out 'n quit beatin' 'round t' bush yet."[/color:3muy8l96]

The clone turned around, eyeing the old gnome; "you want beating around the bush; I'll show you beating around the bush," the clone was both flustered by the gnome and the monk.

[i:3muy8l96]Uhhh-ohhh; now you did it, gnome; made the lumbering fool do something very rash and in a bull-headed fashion,[/i:3muy8l96] Valor said out loud through his thoughts.

The eagle was right on the dot about the clone as Onix turned about, calmly walked up to LiNeee from where he was, spun her around to face him, and brought her beautiful face up to his, his lips locking onto hers in a kiss that would've given Lothir and Vala a run for their money. He held LiNeee there for a few moments, not wanting to let go of her. However, finally, after some of Valor's nagging he let the young drowess go from his brash display of rash action.

"Looking down at LiNeee, the clone gave a wry half-smile; "I don't know, LiNeee; kids sound like a good way to keep the world flourishing, hmm?"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke couldn't keep himself from laughing.

[color=blue:1g9c5t1r]"Yes, I think you and I will be spending the night in the upper boughs of the tree."[/color:1g9c5t1r] He nudged the gnome with his elbow. [color=blue:1g9c5t1r]"Or more likely I think I will be trying to find a quiet corner of my copse where I can meditate, since I cannot easily leave here."[/color:1g9c5t1r]

Shaking his head, Zyeke wiped away the tears that welled up from his laughter,

[color=blue:1g9c5t1r]"Ah the brashness of youth..."[/color:1g9c5t1r]

Zyeke
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

LiNeee, deep in thought and also trying to keep her feet on the right path, smiled as Zyeke explained, and offered herself and Onix another room. A seperate one. She shook her head, letting a laugh jingle through her lips, [i:1ngtuuwp]"don't be silly Zyeke.. Not like Onix and I are together or anything."[/i:1ngtuuwp] The slight sigh afterwards, was obviously one to do with that, perhaps she wished for more than just friendship with the giant supersoldier. She was back in deep thought when Onix told the gnome; [i:1ngtuuwp][color=green:1ngtuuwp]"you want beating around the bush; I'll show you beating around the bush,"[/i:1ngtuuwp][/color:1ngtuuwp] LiNeee chuckled, well at least Onix was sticking up for himself, he didn't need the others telling him what to do and how to act, and what [i:1ngtuuwp]what[/i:1ngtuuwp] was for.

However... When she was suddenly spun around, and her eyes met the deep pools of Onixs, she almost cried out in suprise. Her face was flushed with warmth as he brought her face up, she was dumb-struck, yet was still able to react, never in a million years would she miss this willingly. As their lips touched, her arms swung up and looped around his neck, holding him ever so closely as her lips acted back, moving in [i:1ngtuuwp]sync[/i:1ngtuuwp] with his.. But before she knew it, it was over.

She stood completely still before him, her arms hanging at her sides, she was awe-struck, she was in shock... She wanted him just so much more. [i:1ngtuuwp][color=green:1ngtuuwp]"I don't know, LiNeee; kids sound like a good way to keep the world flourishing, hmm?" [/i:1ngtuuwp][/color:1ngtuuwp] She froze.... And then, smoothly; [i:1ngtuuwp]y-yeah, l-like a b-beautiful lilly...."[/i:1ngtuuwp] That was a flower right? She smiled softly, stepping closer to lean against him, but then, she turned around and followed Zyeke into his humble abode... Silently...
Li Neena~

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix felt somewhat. . . [b:2dkeoqht]shocked[/b:2dkeoqht] by his own actions; he'd never acted out so . . . so [b:2dkeoqht]carelessly[/b:2dkeoqht]. [i:2dkeoqht]Oh well; when you get tossed over board don't fight the current, ride the rapids.[/i:2dkeoqht] He told himself mentally, repeating the words of his former squad member Pyro. The clone took a deep breath inward; he sure missed his squad.

[color=violet:2dkeoqht][i:2dkeoqht]y-yeah, l-like a b-beautiful lilly....[/i:2dkeoqht][/color:2dkeoqht]

Onix nodded toward the young drowess when she spoke those words, and then made her way into Zyeke's home.
He was sure within that small instance when the two of them had met each others lips, that his desire to be with the drowess [b:2dkeoqht]hadn't[/b:2dkeoqht] been fake; quite the contrary, it had been as real as their first encounter.

Onix followed the drow monk into his home, his four swords clinking against his armor while a massive Valor swooped down and landed quite silently atop Onix's shoulder.

[i:2dkeoqht]You do realize that you just proposed to mate with the girl, do you not?[/i:2dkeoqht] The massive eagle asked Onix, beginning to pace from shoulder to shoulder, his massive talons keeping balance among the massive clone's shoulder blades.
[i:2dkeoqht]This is stupendous; not only do I see my dear boy become a [b:2dkeoqht]true[/b:2dkeoqht] supersoldier,[/i:2dkeoqht] the eagle jested towards Onix, still pacing back and forth on his shoulders, tail-feathers raised as he did so.

The clone looked up to the bird, his dark brow arched in surprise; "Valor, I can't believe me mind; you giving me a compliment. Toril is truly coming to an end."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke rummaged around in his house, and managed to find three extremely threadbare and dusty cushions for his guests to sit on.

[color=blue:2gwm82zt]"Forgive the disarray, I don't usually entertain guests. Now, I realize that the two of you are itching to... air out Onix's armor, as the gnome so aptly put it, but first I would like this question answered, what is your business on the surface."[/color:2gwm82zt] He looked at Li'Neee, [color=blue:2gwm82zt]"It seems your clothing was made in the Underdark, so you cannot have spent much time on the surface? Are you running from a Matron Mother?"[/color:2gwm82zt]

Zyeke
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

LiNeee had come to a stop near one of the many outlets of the bough, it was a strange place to live in, especially drow- from under the ground to above surface level, she found it quite funny. She was given a pillow, and she took it gladly, placing it by one of the walls, or things that looked like walls, and took a seat- resting her back against it. It was a nice little place to live, LiNeee liked it quite alot, but she'd never choose it off the top of her head, she wanted a more isolated place to live, somewhere where everyone and everything couldn't just stop by and say hey. She gave Zyeke a smile and muttered her; [i:22tz35x3]"thanks,"[/i:22tz35x3] quietly summing over the whole situation in her head.

[i:22tz35x3][color=blue:22tz35x3]"Forgive the disarray, I don't usually entertain guests. Now, I realize that the two of you are itching to... air out Onix's armor, as the gnome so aptly put it, but first I would like this question answered, what is your business on the surface." He looked at Li'Neee, "It seems your clothing was made in the Underdark, so you cannot have spent much time on the surface? Are you running from a Matron Mother?" [/i:22tz35x3][/color:22tz35x3]

LiNeee glanced towards Zyeke with a curious, and yet rather shy, smile. Her cheeks had grown hot, way too uncomfortable to deal with; so she turned away from the others and closed her eyes. [i:22tz35x3]"Please don't mistake us for a hot heated couple, Onix and I are still yet deciding on where our paths will meet, or part... Until then, don't assume something that isn't even in existance yet."[/i:22tz35x3] She said quietly, but her words were pointed at Zyeke even though she remained sitting with her eyes closed... She continued; [i:22tz35x3]"My clothing? Could have been made anywhere, Zyeke, seems after the caravan and I split- I just havn't been able to find time to actually change them, sorry for the inconvenience it causes you, or if it makes you unsteady."[/i:22tz35x3] Her words were cropped, she was getting a little annoyed, [i:22tz35x3]"my business on the surface is another question, you seem to ask alot,"[/i:22tz35x3] LiNeee jested pointedly, finally letting her eyes slide open and her head turn back to Zyeke where she glared.

[i:22tz35x3]"I have no [b:22tz35x3]business[/b:22tz35x3] of the surface world except to become a part of it, and yes, if you must so pointedly know, I am running from a Matron Mother, my own mother to have precision in my argument. I couldn't cope with rules and standards, plus all the stone walls were making my eyes ache,"[/i:22tz35x3] LiNeee smirked in the direction of Beznik. [i:22tz35x3]"Anymore questions I can answer for you, boy?"[/i:22tz35x3] She asked Zyeke, once again falling into silence with a face that was plain unreadable.
Li Neena~

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke smiled,

[color=blue:2egla06i]"I personally do not care as to where exactly your clothing was made, however when I came to the surface in my Underdark garments, they were mostly tatters by the end of a week. Something about the sun makes the fibers fall apart, I suppose.[/color:2egla06i] He shrugged, [color=blue:2egla06i]"Just something for you to consider."[/color:2egla06i]

He stood up, rubbing his hands together,

[color=blue:2egla06i]"Well, I suppose with that I shall bid you all a good night. I am going out to finish meditations. Anyone is more than welcome to join me."[/color:2egla06i] He walked to the wall, and pushing aside some branches turned around and smiled at Li'Neee, [color=blue:2egla06i]"You are still a few centuries too young to be calling me boy."[/color:2egla06i] He told her with a wink.

Without waiting for a reply, he went outside, the "door" closing behind him. Suddenly the branches above their heads rustled as Zyeke climbed the tree, heading up to the very top.

Zyeke
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke sat on a cluster of branches that formed a more or less stable and comfortable balcony. He looked up at the full moon and sighed, [i:3ve6268u]Hopefully I will not be gone from this place for long. Not that I have much of a choice.[/i:3ve6268u] he silently mused. He loved the grove, a place given to him by Eilistraee after he had traveled with the first group of drow to have made the trip from Menzoberranzen to the surface, over 500 years ago. It was this place that kept him alive far past the normal life expectancy of a drow.

His life had certainly been to his contentment, living in the seclusion of this grove, but playing host to the group below had awakened the wanderlust ever present in his soul and the joy he got from seeing other living beings apart from the small swallow he had befriended to some extent.

Zyeke was about to start his meditation when he heard the soft sounds of someone moving about, so he turned to the trunk of the tree, and rapping on it sharply with his knuckles, the branches on the tree shifted, making an easily climbable spiral staircase of sorts, leading from the lowest floor to all others, including the balcony where he sat.

He turned his attention back to the moon and closed his eyes, falling into a meditative state. He sat perfectly motionless, his breathing so shallow he barely drew breath. A few seeds sat in the palm of his hand, an offering to possibly entice the swallow to fly over to Zyeke's part of the tree. Sure enough, a small black feathered form fluttered over and began to peck at the seeds. The swallow had a small silver hued spots around its eyes in the form of a crescent moon.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix walked into Zyeke's humble home, Valor still pacing about on his shoulders, babbling on about him and LiNeee and what not.

The clone shook his head; "the bird just never quits," he mumbled to himself, walking over to one of the cushions when a pillow came sailing out of nowhere right at him. His reflexes, honed from well over 40 years of warfare and the constant threat of danger, snapped the clone into his 'fight or flight' moment, though this time, it was 'fight'.

Snapping his arm outward, Onix knocked the pillow away from himself and to the left of his body. Valor let out a squawk of surprise as he lifted off of the clone's shoulders and took off out of the house.

Onix let out a small sigh, and then went about getting the pillow and placing it back where it was.
How was he supposed to even make it on this blasted rock; something about him was different, he knew that. However, it wasn't from being on Toril as long as he had, it wasn't even that he missed his brothers.

The clone glanced over at LiNeee; [i:2o9kxwqf]It's her[/i:2o9kxwqf] he thought to himself, looking over her smooth form, his crimson eyes going over every inch of her skin, admiring it for the beauty that both she possessed and had been given. A lump formed in his throat.

"I'll be around the back, if you need me." he said to LiNeee, just before depositing his twin vibro-katanas against the wall, and placing his repeating crossbow down on the floor next to his other two magical swords.

With that the clone simply walked out the door, turned a corner and went around the back. [i:2o9kxwqf]Is it fear on my part, worry, hate, anger, what?!1[/i:2o9kxwqf] the clone mentally asked himself as he walked out into the greenery of the area around him.

Hell, he almost wished LiNeee would come out and ask him what's wrong; [i:2o9kxwqf]might put in the spot to say my mind instead of contemplating [b:2o9kxwqf]what-ifs[/b:2o9kxwqf].[/i:2o9kxwqf]
Onix sat down on the probably one of the most nature-shown pieces of land he'd ever seen. Taking a deep breath in, he just laid back on the cool grass, letting his eyes just look at the stars.
"If only life were so simple," he said to no one in particular.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

LiNeee fumbled around, she'd had a backpack with her, but she'd forgotten where she'd put it down. [i:e77g73en]The beach...[/i:e77g73en] She thought glumly, she left it there with her cloak, her warm, old and tattered, but absolutely marvellous cloak.. She sighed, brushing hair away from her face delicately to let it roll down her back in a spiral of fibres, that was when she caught Onix looking at her... For the upteenth time, warmth flushed her cheeks and made her eyes want to shut, to hold the moment for memory, for the future. LiNeee chuckled when she spotted the pillow several feet from the clone, well he was still uber-fast, she wondered how she'd go against him, a good spar... The thought vanished as soon as it came as Onix told her he was going outside, her face must have shown shock cause she sure did feel it, something was wrong with him. He vanished back out of Zyekes home, going [i:e77g73en]round the back,[/i:e77g73en] where ever the hell that was.

So, naturally, LiNeee followed. When she found him in the darkness he was laying on the soft grass, looking up at the moon and stars, she couldn't help but to glance up and admire the sparkling sky, how she'd always loved the stars... [i:e77g73en][color=green:e77g73en]"If only life were so simple,"[/i:e77g73en][/color:e77g73en] she caught Onix saying, he wasn't talking as if to Valor, more to himself, she let her head fall back down so her eyes could come to lay on his form, he was so mighty, so strong... Heat, cheeks, affection. She sighed in adoration, [i:e77g73en]"life gets better, Onix.."[/i:e77g73en] She whispered, taking a step forwards so if he looked up, he'd see the large mane of ivory hair and LiNeees face in the middle of it, [i:e77g73en]"tell me, mighty supersoldier, what's on your mind... You look... Well, not yourself.. I've always got an ear to lend to you, sweetling..."[/i:e77g73en] She gave him a large smile, her eyes melting like pools of lava, though this time they seemed to shine brighter than before when they dulled to a pink.
Li Neena~

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[color=violet:th0vkows][i:th0vkows]"life gets better, Onix.."[/i:th0vkows] She whispered, taking a step forwards so if he looked up, he'd see the large mane of ivory hair and LiNeees face in the middle of it, [i:th0vkows]"tell me, mighty supersoldier, what's on your mind... You look... Well, not yourself.. I've always got an ear to lend to you, sweetling..."[/i:th0vkows][/color:th0vkows]

Indeed Onix did look up, only to find himself partially smiling at the drowess whom stood over his prone form.

Not even sure what to say, he simply nodded to her, appreciating the fact that LiNeee had come out to check on him.

"What's on my mind? Simple enough, I suppose. The question that has been egging me on this entire time that I've known you, and just recently resurfaced." He looked LiNeee square in the eyes, making sure that she was fine with what he was about to say.
"You know who I am AND [b:th0vkows]what[/b:th0vkows] I am. You also know that I have an attraction towards you, which I find a little. . . . . well, oddball, when I first started to feel such emotions. But enough of my ramblings. What I am concerned about is us together." He stopped after those words, letting them sink in.

The clone looked the drowess in her eyes, his crimson orbs locking onto hers. "What has me worried is myself, my instincts, my . . . training, for lack of a better term. When you tossed that pillow at me, despite it being as a fun and games type of thing, it made me remember something; no matter how much I try to fight it, I was trained since the day I could walk to do what I did to that pillow. My reflexes honed to sharpest reaction speed possible, my strength and stamina toughened to beyond most human standards. My instincts, razor-edged and serrated. What if I were to do something like that to you?" The clone looked over, staring into the dark forest, but knowing that it would do nothing to comfort him.

"I don't think I could live with myself if I did such a thing to you, accident or not. [b:th0vkows]THAT[/b:th0vkows] is what is bothering me. If I ever, EVER had children of my own. . . " Onix stopped mid-sentence; [i:th0vkows]children of my own; woah, if the squad could hear me now,[/i:th0vkows] he mused to himself in that split second moment; then he continued to talk to LiNeee; "if I did such a horrendous action to them. I could never forgive myself, let alone atone for it. That's what I'm worreid about LiNeee. I was created to be a living weapon; how do you turn a weapon into a person. How does one just [b:th0vkows]become[/b:th0vkows] someone else?" His voice had a ice-cold edge to it as those last words came out.

Onix then looked back up into the sky; "I was created to keep others from dying; however, when those whom created me and my brothers did so, they didn't care about the fact that their clone supersoldiers would live for damn near 7 centuries. How long is it to just fight, and fight and . . . " he stopped there, sensing that he'd gone to far with his words.

"No one has even told me that I was meaningful to them in anyway but my brothers; and now that I'm alone, by myself on this rock. . . . it doesn't make things any easier for me." The clone's voice hid many things, but a certain tone of . . . [b:th0vkows]betrayal[/b:th0vkows] ebbed from his words.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The swallow was so focused on the eating the seeds from Zyeke's hand that it didn't even notice the new people, but with the seeds happily pecked away, it heard the unfamiliar voices and its natural curiosity pushed the swallow to fly off and land on some branches hanging over Onix.

Cocking a curious eye at the two, especially the thing that looked like the squishy tree it had had eaten from. Hopping closer to Li'Neee it turned its head, the smells it got from her were very different than the ones it was used to. Giving a few chirps it flew off the branch and landed on LiNeee's shoulder, turning its head to look at her out of one eye.

Zyeke