Onix and Lineee; a roleplay

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Onix and Lineee; a roleplay

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

(( Woo, let's get this show on the road!! If anyone else wants to join, or has potential questions... etc etc, feel free to PM myself or Veraka, Thankyou!! :) ))

The sky was once again darkening from day to dusk, the afternoon closing in to allow way for the night to take over for its shift. The paths were dim-litted, the trees moved with the creatures that fawned over the night. The surface of the ever rippling ocean was like the moons everlasting mirror, shining its light straight back at it in a distorted yet, somehow still beautiful way. Out among the rolling, azure waves of the ocean, a column of powered air, and water vapour blew out from just above the surface, followed shortly by a near six foot tall dorsal fin, black covered with a single white ‘V’ shape upon where its back meets the rear of the fin. A Killer Whale, one of nature’s most fierce predators and majestic creatures, crests the water’s surface, rolling up and over a small wave, and then diving under the surface again. Another blast of vapour and air bellows out from a different spot along the waters’ surface: A pod of Orcas, there were; all of them cresting up and over the ocean surface. Some of the great whales leaped up and out of the water, and went crashing back down into it on their backs or on their sides. Their grace and tranquillity would be a sight for any who were watching in at the moment.
Back on shore, the sand shone silver, little crisps of shells flaked it with ebon scattering shades, and at the highest most point; a dune, sat a single attire, huddled in over her knees as her crimson eyes peered out from under a hood of solid ashen black, at the waves. Her long silver hair washed down over her thighs and nipped at the sand below her, each whirl of wind taking it on different journeys as they whipped it into different shapes. It was strange for her to be alone, she was used to the company of at least two others, but they had set off for home, and she wasn’t ready to return just yet. Behind her the dirt paths and clearings were never-ending, she wondered how she even found this place after she’d split from the caravan on the way out of Menzo. She’d had a tough few weeks, well what had seemed like weeks to her anyway, and for that little urge of loneliness she felt in the pit of her gut, well she’d rather feel that than be around the depressive and still yet, excitable group. Her name was LiNeee-Niss’xae, a descendent of one of the many matrons that hovered in the under dark. Her mother was disgusting, and her father; far worse. They had that sense of superiority, but when it came to her; they had no control. Even if they did so think it, LiNeee proved them wrong each time.

Upon leaving the group, LiNeee had found herself running for half a day, where? Who knew? Wherever she could. After her feet were sore and she could no longer take a breath without coughing, she turned off the path and towards the sweet scent of salt and the sound of waves rolling in over a hard shoreline, and so she’d found this place. An undeniably beautiful shoreline just off the coast of, well she had no clue really. Time and place was inevitably distant in her mind, right now it was only the serenity and fulfilment of finally being able to rest that kept her tied down, and she wished to some higher being, that she had just one other to spend this time with, to share the beauty of the cool Spring night, and the soft sprinkles of water that kissed her face when the wind decided to pick it up. Onix, how she missed him... They’d had something; she knew it and thought about it all the time, then again, he was gone now, wasn’t he? “Oh LiNeee, you’ll drive yourself crazy thinking about him!” She chuckled to herself as she rested back against one of the many palm trees, pulling her knees closer and shrugging her hood off so the wind could capture her hair in an entwined embrace.

This beach reminded her of home, the rock formations, the trees and dunes that lined it, the animals and the practicality of no habitation what-so-ever, it just felt so peaceful. Not like home was peaceful, but you get the picture. She’d forgotten how long she’d been sitting for, she’d forgotten about the trip to Menzo, and everything that had happened there, she’d forgotten about the slaughtering’s she’d been through, it was serenity. Though time passed too quickly for some... Just as she was getting comfortable, and the slight doze was drifting over her, the first raindrops of spring fell from the sky, she huffed loudly before tilting her head back and glancing at the teardrop sized rain, she smiled... "Of course it has to rain!" She chuckled, "nothing is perfect, right?" She slumped onto the tree and pulled her hood up over her hair to keep it dry, just shaking her head all the while. There she sat, until the quiet and innocent sleep over took her, and she slowly fell sideways onto the sand.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

A russle of bushes up on a far cliff made a few deer scatter, as Theta-180, or Onix as he was starting to like to be known as, pushed his way through the shrubbery. His twin katanas hung on his back, along with his newly found, and now favored ranged weapon, a very interesting repeating crossbow. He looked back at the weapon, and laughed slightly. Across his hips ran the twin magical sabers that he had picked up in the trip into the Underdark.

"Beznik; crazy old codger may have been a bit too dim witted at times, but that gnome sure knew his tech."

[i:sc1l1fnr]That's because the buffoon didn't know when to [b:sc1l1fnr]stop[/b:sc1l1fnr] quacking. I swear, I'm surprise I didn't get my feathers ruffled around his half-height ideas, and over-fascination with that stuff that you seem to enjoy just as much.[/i:sc1l1fnr] Valor, Onix's Harpy Eagle and animal companion, blurted to his mind through their link that they shared.

[i:sc1l1fnr]You're too hard on the old fart,[/i:sc1l1fnr] Onix chided to the eagle, a smirk of genuine content forming on his face, despite his helmet still being on. Even after all his time on the planet, he still felt comfortable in his all-encompassing OMNI armor, though now it had a few additions to it. At Lothir's request, he had stuck to something more. . inconspicuous. He had also began a career as ranger, or at least as Lothir had described for him. For all the bards ranting on about ladies, songs and dancing, he did have a decent amount of handy advice that he had given the clone.

[i:sc1l1fnr]Hmmph-hmm![/i:sc1l1fnr] Valor chuckled through their link; [i:sc1l1fnr]Yes; Onix I do believe that you got that right on the nail; only he seems to be more [b:sc1l1fnr]explosive[/i:sc1l1fnr] than others I've seen or met of his kind.[/i]

Onix let the bird continue his rant about Beznik, it kept him occupied and off of the clone's back; all-the-while, he walked out along the cliff edge that overlooked the hammering ocean below. He scanned the area below, which eventually branched off into a beach along his left, which was still a good 700 meters away. As soon as he looked out and over the oceans waves, he spotted something that he found breath-taking.

"A pod of Killer Whales," the clone breathed, feeling somewhat relaxed. Something he had always sought to see first hand, but hadn't, simply due to the fact that he had spent the majority of his life on a space-bound super-carrier of a starship. Remembering the [i:sc1l1fnr]Nighthammer[/i:sc1l1fnr] and his squad brought pangs of loneliness washing back over the clone when he had thought to have gotten rid of them all back on his trip to Menzoberranzan.

[i:sc1l1fnr]They were your brothers and part of your life,[/i:sc1l1fnr] observed Valor, circling overhead the clone; [i:sc1l1fnr]I would be honestly surprised if you didn't[/b:sc1l1fnr] feel like this.[/i:sc1l1fnr]

[i:sc1l1fnr]It's just. . . [/i:sc1l1fnr] the clone began; [i:sc1l1fnr]sometimes I prefer being back with them, versus this life.[/i:sc1l1fnr]

[i:sc1l1fnr]And what about that young drowess you had become fond of, mmmhhh?[/i:sc1l1fnr] Jested the eagle.

"Button your beak, you over-sized feather-duster, or I'll do it for you," growled Onix to the Harpy eagle.

[i:sc1l1fnr]Ahhaa! So you [b:sc1l1fnr]do[/b:sc1l1fnr] still have feelings for her.[/i:sc1l1fnr] squawked Valor, clearly pleased by the fact that he was eliciting a 'hot-reactor' response from Onix. The clone boiled with anger at the bird.

[i:sc1l1fnr]You do realize that it is perfectly natural to remember someone such as her, don't you?[/i:sc1l1fnr] came the birds real question, this time all serious.

[i:sc1l1fnr]I'm still trying to accept the fact that she even gave a damn about me, of all people; for crying out loud, I'm a copy of, well, multiple people , form an entirely different culture than she is.[/i:sc1l1fnr]

Valor swooped in and, taking three great flaps of the wings, landed on the clone's shoulders, and looked him right in the face-plate; [i:sc1l1fnr]and that is wrong how. . . . ?[/i:sc1l1fnr]
[i:sc1l1fnr]To point out a few things about you, my over-sized, dedicated ranger friend, you are many things in one. To be frank, you're much stronger and swifter than anyone that we've encountered has counted on. So you're a damned good fighter, and even better with those nasty blades of yours. You have a deep sense of what is right and wrong, no matter what the situation. ANNNDDD, you are still but a child, by any elven standards.[/i:sc1l1fnr]

Onix looked up to the bird, his crimson eyes seeming to burn a hole right through his helmet. Even after as much violence, war, and all the shit that came along with the kind of life that a soldier led, Valor had the audacity to call him a [b:sc1l1fnr]child[/b:sc1l1fnr].

"Sometimes, bird, I swear. . . . " Onix said, giving a sigh of resignation. However it was in that moment, that Valor looked up and about, his eye tracking something off in the far distance.

[i:sc1l1fnr]Seems as if Tymora has given a smile to you, Onix; for I believe that that certain girl is present here, on this shoreline, and not aware of our presence.[/i:sc1l1fnr] Valor said this to the clone right as the whether decided to take a turn yet again.

[i:sc1l1fnr]Ehh. . . and here I thought my feathers would be dry by this tomorrow; so much for wishful thinking,[/i:sc1l1fnr] Valor commented on the rain.

Onix turned about, and zoomed in to where Valor was looking; "By god, you're right," Onix breathed, hardly believing LiNeee was here. A drow on a sandy beach wasn't that hard to pick out. The clone knelt down on the cliff's edge, and just looked out into the distance toward that drowess on the beach, even through the rain. Onix wasn't sure what, or more importantly, [b:sc1l1fnr]why[/b:sc1l1fnr] she was here, but he didn't pass up the chance to gaze down upon her form. It felt. . . reassuring to know that he really wasn't alone out on Toril.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zyeke leisurely jogged along the waterfront, his breathing slow and steady, despite the ten miles he had already run. His staff, a piece of calcified mushroom stalk, was slung across his shoulders, held in place by his braid, the only hair on his shaved head. He loved running by the ocean, his mind would always drift in tune with the whooshing of the waves, and that always calmed the drow. Besides the ocean air smelled crisper and purer than the air of the forest.
His concentration was such that he didn't even notice as he jumped over the slumped form of someone until a few steps later, when he stopped his run, and sat down crossing his legs. His consciousness further sank into his meditative state before it registered in his mind. Zyeke opened his eyes, and looked over at the slumped form. He stood up, and walked over, kneeling down to make sure the person wasn't injured. He paused a moment, when he noticed the dark tint to the skin, along with the pointed ears, marking the woman as a drow, like himself. He smiled when he realized that she was just sleeping, and taking off the cloak he used as a tunic, tossed it over here sleeping form. With that, Zyeke went back to his normal meditation spot and once again crossing his legs let his mind fall deeper into meditation, his breathing synchronized with the lapping of the waves and the light breeze that blew across his bare chest. Soon his breathing became even shallower and slower, and within minutes, it seemed as if he was nothing more than a stature carved from black marble, his staff set across his lap. Zyeke had his hands together, fingers making an oval.
Last edited by NathreeDe'Shezbron on Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

(( :3 ))

She was mesmerised, struck... In awe. The beasts before her were outstanding in every form of the word, their mighty tails and the amazing way that one could simply throw itself out of the water... She found herself; [i:16s3ie7p]woah-ing[/i:16s3ie7p] and [i:16s3ie7p]ahh-ing[/i:16s3ie7p] almost every leap. A smile stayed etched on her alabaster, raven features, those pointed fangs barely grazing her bottom lip in the surreal moment, of... Well everything. As it started to rain, and the clouds rumbled and rolled in over-head, LiNeee was still off in her little world of candy-canes and lollipops, completely unaware of a snoopy eagle and it's giant companion; Onix. Course, if she was paying attention she might have felt him close to her, or even heard a little of the ranter him and bird-beak shared between their link. But for now... She was poised with the ocean.

She leaned back a little and lifted her rear from the sand, pulling her cloak so it was tight against her, holding most of the wet off her skin, she folded her arms over her front, pulling the cloak like a collar around her neck, the hood sliding down to protect her face from the stinging rain- however not so much as to block her view of the gentle yet, oddly; scary giants, and the new image of a jogger along the lit shore. An eyebrow rose and LiNeee tilted her head in confusion- she wondered how she must have looked just vaguely running through the forest not too long ago, she was the only drow out on Toril, it was strange. Well, until she caught the feint glow of this beings skin, the ebon tinge of his surface. She sucked in a breath, [i:16s3ie7p]another drow? Impossible...[/i:16s3ie7p] But it was nothing but truth, for indeed, the running figure was a drow. From where, well who the hell knew. Things just seemed to get more unique and strange by the second.......

Things had been crazy, LiNeee was mostly ashamed of the way she'd acted in Menzoberranzen, she had been a little selfish, especially around the time of her kidnapping, but who could blame her? She was going to be turned into an eight-legged, abomination from hell! LiNeee chuckled under her cloak and folded her knees up to her chest, wrapping herself up like a snake would, the chill of the air barely bothering her, yet she liked the warmth and comfort of the soft coat. The figure on the beach had changed his course, now heading right for her, she let her eyes fling shut, her body becoming still and silent as- [i:16s3ie7p]did he really just jump over me?![/i:16s3ie7p] She almost cried out as sand flung at her face and neck, though she tried to keep her body immobile as possible, if he thought she was asleep, he’d leave. But no, of course not- the figure walked back to her and knelt beside her, passing a sort of blanket across her “sleeping” form, the warmth was nice, but the fact that he walked a few feet away and started... Meditating, well what she thought must have been anyway in his serenity- she suddenly felt a flash of anger, and jealousy.

LiNeee lifted her head only a little so she could peer at the stranger subtly, her crimson eyes picked up his movements, even in the dark.[i:16s3ie7p] “What are you doing?”[/i:16s3ie7p] She whispered, straightening where she sat and throwing the hood back off her head, letting it fall between her back and the tree, her hair escaped in a tendril of what looked like mist, floating on the wind behind her. [i:16s3ie7p]”Don’t you know it’s rude to sneak up on someone like that? You got sand in my hair.[/i:16s3ie7p] She was grinning widely, but her voice was to the depth; serious. She waited for his reaction, with a slight tip of one eyebrow, her teeth glowing as the moon hit them and ignited the ivory against the ebony. She would soon see that she wasn’t the only one that adored this beach... Not even close.
Li Neena~

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke heard words. His meditation had just started, but he supposed that it was for the best, before he got lost in the depths of his own mind. With a silent sigh, he stood up, his breathing returning to normal. He looked around, seemingly unsure of where he was. Then a soft chuckle escaped his lips.

[color=blue:m10r4vox]"My sincerest apologies. I thought you were sleeping. I meant no offense by sneaking up on you in your sleep."[/color:m10r4vox]He scratched his bald head, confused, [color=blue:m10r4vox]"In all honesty, I was simply jogging, and lost myself."[/color:m10r4vox] The drow spoke just as fluently in his native tongue as LiNee did, however his voice was much quieter.

He waved at the ocean, [color=blue:m10r4vox]"This place has always been so calm and constant, I always come to meditate at this spot, so much so that I don't always pay attention to where my feet go."[/color:m10r4vox] He chuckled once again, obviously unused to talking to a woman.

[color=blue:m10r4vox]"Forgive my staying here, I was concerned for leaving a person to sleep on the beach alone. Some of these scars have come from the occasional thief trying to take something of value from me."[/color:m10r4vox] He waved over the crisscrossing lattice of scars that covered most of his visible skin. Zyeke bowed, [color=blue:m10r4vox]"Oh, forgive my rudeness, I am Zyeke... well, simply Zyeke as I had no home to call my own since birth. Pleased to make your acquaintance."[/color:m10r4vox]
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix continued to watch LiNeee from his perch up on the cliff, also making note of the second drow who came jogging up along the shoreline. The fellow nearly stumbled over LiNeee where she had settled down to sleep.

What followed made the clone study the situation more intently between the odd drow, and LiNeee. It appeared that the two had engaged each other in a conversation of some sort; though what it was about he couldn't tell.

[i:1e3hjxag]And you're just going to [b:1e3hjxag]let[/b:1e3hjxag] this happen?!![/i:1e3hjxag] came Valor's astounded reply to Onix's inaction to the situation.

[i:1e3hjxag]For the moment; I'm more interested in that fellow on the shoreline; he is drow, yet he does not strike me as the type who is a stereotypical drow.[/i:1e3hjxag] The clone responded to his eagle friend.

[i:1e3hjxag]He seems to be your stereotypical drow to me,[/i:1e3hjxag] came Valor's reply towards the unknown drow male.

Onix shook his head and shrugged; "regardless let's get down there, eh?"

The harpy eagle looked at the clone with a dumbfounded look; [i:1e3hjxag]And just [b:1e3hjxag]how[/b:1e3hjxag] do you intend to do that?[/i:1e3hjxag]

"Watch and learn, my avian friend," Onix said in a cocky tone, turning around and taking a few steps back away from the cliff's edge.

Valor took flight, extending his massive wings to lift himself into the air; [i:1e3hjxag]do tell,[/i:1e3hjxag] Valor shot back, in his usual sarcastic voice.

Onix merely stopped \, turned about, and, engaging his armor into its speed mode, blitzed it toward the cliffs edge. Reaching the cliff's edge, Onix launched himself off the cliff edge, sailing through the air with a speed not normal for one his size.

The clone felt gravity quickly take over as he went down, down towards the oceans surface. Crossing his arms over his chest, the clone felt the exhilaration and euphoria of falling through the air at near break-neck speed. Within seconds, he slammed into the water with a such a force that the resulting splash effect got the attention of one of the orcas in the pod.

LiNeee and the odd drow on the shoreline might notice one of the dorsal fins deviate from the pod and make a B-line for where Onix had splashed down.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The background crashing of the waves almost overpowered the noised of something massive flying through the air. Almost, Zyeke just managed to turn his head to see some human sized blur vanish in a column of water that was as tall as Zyeke. He blinked his eyes a few times to make sure he wasn't seeing hallucinations or an illusion, though those things should have no hold over his eyes and mind. Raising a hand to forestall LiNee's response, Zyeke sprinted to the waves, covering the dozen feet in the blink of an eye, his centuries of physical training enhancing his speed like nothing else. Zyeke dived into the sea, the cold water not bothering his naked chest, and swam towards where he hoped the thing had landed, for no living creature could survive the fall from the cliff, he was certain. He swam deeper, and saw the figure almost a dozen feet under the waves, also he saw the blurry form of some large shark like thing. Letting out a minute bubble of air, Zyeke allowed the peace and calm in his mind flow out from him, (calm emotions aura), and he felt the curiosity of the young whale subside, and it's speed slowed slightly.
Zyeke put on a burst of speed, and reached the strangely clad diver before the orca did. Grabbing him by the scruff of his armor, Zyeke kicked with all his might, free arm sweeping wide arcs, all the muscles in his body tensed and working to their mightiest. Within a couple seconds Zyeke broke the surface, along with the human looking diver. Putting the man on his chest, and wrapping his arm around the man so his face would be above the water, Zyeke began to swim back to shore, calling out to the woman for help.

Zyeke
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

[i:2vnvte7t]Well, he does talk alot...[/i:2vnvte7t] LiNeee thought softly, shrugging off her cloak and the blanket so it fell to the ground behind her. She was [i:2vnvte7t]just[/i:2vnvte7t] about to shoot back one of her usual, sarcastic comments- the ones that always got her in trouble, or yelled at- when something caught the other Drows attention and intervened. [i:2vnvte7t]Well... Thank Eilistraee for th-[/i:2vnvte7t] she suddenly froze, something hit the water, causing a rather huge splash, enough to obscure the attention of one of the Orcas. Her eyes wide, LiNeee went to get up, that couldn't be who she thought, hoped, it could be, could it? But before she could react, the Drow; Zyeke, took off down the beach with some abnormal speed, LiNeees next actions made her mind up for her....

She looked up, and there, where she expected; was Valor. He'd taken flight, obviously; when Onix jumped. It had to be Onix! LiNeee got up, a grin on her face as she took steps slowly, down the beach, in no rush to save her supersoldier, lover. Or... Lovee. She left her cloak on the sand, considerably- not bothered with it. Zyeke was swimming out now, LiNeee found herself giggling, [i:2vnvte7t]Valor.. Can you hear me? If so, and it [b:2vnvte7t]is[/b:2vnvte7t] you, come to me...[/i:2vnvte7t] She whispered through the link she'd hoped to open between herself and Onix's bird.

[i:2vnvte7t]Zyeke, is going to get a mouthful...[/i:2vnvte7t] She thought suddenly, saving a supersoldier, what a bad idea.

She stopped just before halfway, the Orca was still going towards the men, LiNeee was actually a little curious as to what it would do. Though Zyeke grabbed at Onix, she figured he'd never be able to drag the clone through the water, she knew he was heavy, she wondered how he stayed afloat in the water... Maybe he could breathe underwater? [i:2vnvte7t]Strange thought LiNeee...[/i:2vnvte7t] She told herself, as if scolding for using her imagination, she shook her head, Zyeke was calling her for help. She just laughed at him, shaking her head like one would to a child who had just asked to play hidey, though LiNeee would probably oblige.

She was hoping, Valor would land beside her, or on her- if she held her arm out in time. She'd always loved the little sarcastic bird-brain, she hoped he liked her too.
Li Neena~

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[i:9epgqc2g]What [b:9epgqc2g]ARE[/b:9epgqc2g] you doing?!![/i:9epgqc2g] Valor thought to Onix right as hit the water, full force.

The great eagle dived along the rock face of the cliff, hugging the surface with barely a few inches between his feathery surface and the rock outcropping of the cliff's wall. He weaved in and out, over and about different rock formations to get down to the surface of whatever was in his path, he just blazed a trail down the cliff face, a blur of feathers and wings.

[color=violet:9epgqc2g][i:9epgqc2g]Valor.. Can you hear me? If so, and it is you, come to me...[/i:9epgqc2g][/color:9epgqc2g]

Valor nearly doubled over in a twisted barrel roll as he caught wind of LiNeee's voice. [i:9epgqc2g]By Selune's Tears; am I going deaf?[/i:9epgqc2g] the bird thought to himself.

[i:9epgqc2g]Nope, I think you can hear things just fine, bird brain; just the slight fact that I'm not sure if she can hear you in return.[/i:9epgqc2g] Onix's voice penetrated his mental barrier with such ease that the eagle nearly flew straight into the water.

[i:9epgqc2g]What are you doing awake, you ignorant, overly-zealous walking behemoth?!! You splashed down with more force than I care to know, and not to mention, I don't think that that drow fellow pulling you can outrun that over-sized fish coming your way.[/i:9epgqc2g] The eagle screeched to his large friend in the ocean.

After that was said, Valor swooped down over the rolling waves, using the air currents to lift himself up and over the oncoming shore waves. Seeing the young drowess where she was on the beach, the great bird flew down near her, and opened up his great wings when he came just a few feet from LiNeee. With several great flaps, the giant eagle would settle down a top the young drowesses arm, though his 20 lbs frame might prove a little constraining for LiNeee. However, it was more of his size that had Valor worried, for when he landed on the drowesses arm, she would fine her arm, from wrist to shoulder, taken up by the mighty claws of the eagle.

When he latched onto LiNeee's lithe arm, Valor let out a eagle's screech toward Onix, spreading his wings open and into the air as he did.

The impact into the ocean's surface had sent shock through the clone's frame when he had first hit, but had quickly subsided in lue of much more real problems. Shaking his head slightly, despite being underwater and in his full armor, the clone decided to not try and fight the odd-feeling that he was getting in his body.

Onix, though being tugged by the odd drow fellow, knew that his massive frame, coupled with the sheer weight of his weapons and armor, would slow their speed tremendously. However, instead of trying to slow down his odd friend in the ocean with him, Onix gave a massive kick with both of his legs, propelling his body further through the water with the aid of the assistance from Zyeke. Rather than trying to fight his situation, he decided to try something different.

The clone simply expanded his awareness of his situation, similar in many respects to how he had first met Valor, and looked out to the approaching Killer Whale. The clone knew many things about the creatures, among them was how much one could eat and NOT be satiated. However, it was not that fact that concerned him, it was the fact that there were [b:9epgqc2g]two[/b:9epgqc2g] lives in danger.

It was a more than a slight use of his effort, but Onix managed to connect with the approaching Orca.

To his surprise, a powerful and firm feminine voice blasted through his mind; [i:9epgqc2g]What manner of creature are you?[/i:9epgqc2g] The whale continued to gain on the two despite both of them treading the water as fast as possible.

Onix felt his brow shoot up in surprise; [i:9epgqc2g]I am Onix, mighty wave-rider. In both arrogance and ignorance, I have intruded in your domain. In humility, might I ask you a boon; please lend us your speed and strength, as so we might make the shoreline before our own reserves ebb?[/i:9epgqc2g]

The Orca did not reply, but the sense that Onix was picking up from the approaching whale was not one of hostility or anger.

Though the drow whom was tugging at him continued to persist, Onix let him, for he knew how stubborn the race was as a whole and knew how much energy it was worth to attempt to try and correct something with them in it.

Instead, he merely let the massive Orca gain distance until it was right upon them. Reaching out with his nearest arm, the clone latched onto the majestic creature's dorsal fin, and was pulled at near double their speed through the water, heading straight for the shoreline. Whether or not that drow held on, Onix refused to let go of him, so both of them were drug through the water by the powerful Orca.

When they reached within about 20 feet from the beach, Onix let go of the creature's fin, and pushed off, swimming towards the shoreline. When he reached, the beach, Onix trudged up onto the shore, water dripping from his armor as his boots dug deep gouges into the wet sand.

Turning around, the clone looked back at the Orca, which was now swimming back out to sea; [i:9epgqc2g]what is your name?[/i:9epgqc2g] He asked the mighty female whale.

[i:9epgqc2g]Among your tongue, I have no name, but you may call me Kimuka.[/i:9epgqc2g] With that said, the Orca blasted a breath of vapor and air into the air, and dived under the waves.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

(( Aww V, that was gorgeous. ))

LiNeee smiled as she saw the mighty form of Valor heading in her direction, the bird was amazing, huge and yet so agile. She held out her arm, being a warrior, she could hold him at least for a little while. He landed as softly as she bid to think, though his claws sliced at her arms, non-intentional. [i:32megd6w]"Valor,"[/i:32megd6w] she whispered, smiling up at the mighty bird, [i:32megd6w]"oh how I've missed you!"[/i:32megd6w] She cried, her other hand coming up to pet the eagles chest, how she would love to have a companion as mighty as this. However, when he let out a mighty screech, wings flailing up. Perhaps Onix was in real danger?

LiNeee looked out over the ocean waves, where was he? Her eyes darted around until the form of an Orca dorsal fin, and a clinging Onix and the Zyeke guy she'd met before, came into view. She walked towards the shore, Valor able to fly off if he wanted, if she ever held him again, she'd have to ask him to put one foot on either side of her shoulders, only way she realised she'd be able to hold him safely. For them both. As Onix climbed ashore, he looked out towards the ocean, as if he were talking to the Orca, maybe he was. She let him be, for a moment, until it seemed like the conversation, or whatever it was; had ended.

[i:32megd6w]"Onix..."[/i:32megd6w] She whispered, stepping closer to the huge form before her. She was confused, how was he here? Why... She just couldn't believe her eyes, so she rounded him, walking to stand infront of him, her eyes trying to find his. [i:32megd6w]"How can it be true.. When I was only just thinking about you..."[/i:32megd6w] She mused, a smile tinging her dark lips with a white smile, her eyes a softer red than they'd ever been, more a light pink.
Li Neena~

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The effort of pulling both himself and Onix was almost as bad as the strength training Zyeke had to endure while in the monastery he had been raised in. But when the fellow he was rescuing also started kicking, and especially when he grabbed onto the orca, Zyeke found their situations reversed. He hadn't expected the sudden increase in speed, and so it was Onix's grip that kept the monk from being tossed off by the speed of the whale. Before Zyeke had realized what was the cause of this sudden increase in speed, he found himself almost on the shore.
He stood up, and rubbed the water out of his eyes. Blinking a couple times, Zyeke took a deep breath, and let it out slowly. Seeing the person who was supposed to be unconscious at the very least, Zyeke's eyebrows rose.

[color=blue:7g8m2yzw]"You, my friend, are a very resilient sort of fellow, aren't you?"[/color:7g8m2yzw] Zyeke smiled, [color=blue:7g8m2yzw]"That would be a feat not even one of our order would readily attempt."[/color:7g8m2yzw]

Hearing LiNeee's reaction, Zyeke turned to look at her, and were drawn to the huge eagle on her arm.
[color=blue:7g8m2yzw]"I take it you two are friends?"[/color:7g8m2yzw]

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[quote:bkgl0sor][color=blue:bkgl0sor]"You, my friend, are a very resilient sort of fellow, aren't you?"[/color:bkgl0sor] Zyeke smiled, [color=blue:bkgl0sor]"That would be a feat not even one of our order would readily attempt."[/color:bkgl0sor][/quote:bkgl0sor]

Onix looked over to the drow fellow, and nodded his helmet in return; "Born and bred that way, my friend. Besides, sometimes you just have to take a few chances without second-guessing yourself."

However, it was when LiNeee walked up in front of him that the clone took a slight step back, albeit a little surprised by her appearing right in front of him like a ghost. However, Onix merely brought both of his hands up to his helmet, and brought his helmet off, revealing his pale white face, his own crimson eyes staring back into LiNeee's slightly own pink colored orbs.

"Surprised are you?" he said towards LiNeee, a small smile forming on his face; "long time, no see."

Hearing Zyeke's question, the clone turned towards the drow monk and nods; "you could say that; we met a little while back right before me and a good friend of mine, Lothir E'terrin'Dar, made our way down into the depths of the Underdark, to Menzoberranzan, in an effort to guide what drow children we could find away from the Spider Queens clutches, as well as any wayward drow whom didn't know what or where to turn to. LiNeee was with me and a the party that went down there. It was, unique, to say the least."

The clone then realized he had forgot something; "And where are my manners; I'm Onix, wanderer of these lands and ranger to any who must know. This feather-head," he indicated the Harypy Eagle, who by know had lifted off of LiNeee's shoulders and landed on top of the clone's; " is Valor, my eagle friend and trusted winged writer of dry wit almost all of the time.

The massive bird ruffled its feathers at the comment; [i:bkgl0sor]That's [b:bkgl0sor]master[/b:bkgl0sor] winged writer of dry wit to you, you walking statue,[/i:bkgl0sor] came the birds voice through his thoughts.

"Yeah, yeah; keep dreaming light-weight," the clone remarked aloud to the bird, whom then turned his head away from Onix and gazed out into the ocean.

Onix turned to LiNeee and said, "oh and by the way, Valor says 'Hi'."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke chuckled,

[color=blue:1jltegza]"Ah, Menzoberranzen... yes, that does bring back memories indeed. Well, I suppose your quest was a success? In any case, I think we should get out of the chill air, seeing as you are completely drenched, and I can't really cure any illness you might catch in the cold air."[/color:1jltegza] He walked over to LiNeee, and picked up his staff. Tying it back up in his braid, Zyeke waved his hand, and started jogging back the way he came.

((Its a ten mile run, great time for introductions and what not.))

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

It didn't take long before he ran into an obstacle- a lone cart pulled by a small pony, with a wizened old gnome in spectacles and a flame-red robe at the reins. The gnome looks startled at the sudden appearance of a drow jogging on the trail, his wrinkled face scrunching up as he squints in the late afternoon light.

"Eh? What's this?! Another durned black-skinned knife-ear?! I tell ya', it's gettin' so's a fella practically trips over one e'ry ten paces! First that warblin' bard, now what we got here?" He sounds mildly annoyed to see a drow jogging toward him, his balding head shaking as if in mild distain.

The pony whickers, tossing its head, and the gnome looks past the drow, to the figures behind him. "And a durned FEMALE one, too! Hmph, guess yer all gettin' tired o' starin' at cold stone walls in the dark, eh? Eh, is that Onix? And that LiNeee lass?! Well I'll be a halfling's uncle!!"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke stopped his run, staring at the strange gnome. He could hardly understand anything apart from something about a knife in his ear, or so it sounded. At the mention of his two new acquaintances, he shot a quizzical look in their direction.

[color=blue:2ecbr4xw]"Well I suppose you could say that. Although I tired of the stone walls a very long time ago."[/color:2ecbr4xw] With deft movements, he untied his staff, and whirling around, caught it before it could fall more than a couple centimeters. He leaned on his staff, an innocent smile on his face.

[color=blue:2ecbr4xw]"My my, I've lived in these parts for almost a century now, and never have I seen so many travelers... the Dancing Maiden must have some sort of task for me still."[/color:2ecbr4xw]

Zyeke's eyes took on a distinctly golden hue, as he looked for any illusions or hidden magic on the gnome's person or in his cart, ever wary of their tricks.

Zyeke