Shores of Despare (part 7)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Shores of Despare (part 7)

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

to go here, (and be posted when i got time)
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae got to work on the puzzle, knowing the water breathing spells would not last forever and unsure of how much longer they would be underwater. she did have the paper one, or Adian did when she left the note before taking off to deal with those hunting her.
the rogue mind was working hard, thinking of the pattern possible, the seguence needed, the angles...then it clicked, like the flash of a fireball (well there aint light switches are there?)
she motioned for one of the others to come over, bubbles leaving her mouth with a garbled sound. her hand motioned to hold one at a particular angle and tilted. then she manovered the others to work around what she guessed was the key piece.
when they were fitted right and in, they glowed a dull pale blue. grinding of stone and the door began sliding open.

the room was darker, and only darkvison could see. she signaled to be on watch. the room was large and ominous. runes and stange carving decerated the walls, only seen by one able to see magical energies.
"odd," she bubbled out as well as signing. when everyone crossed the threshold and inside, the door began to seal shut. She quickly grabbed the bottom of the slab in an attempt to keep from being sealed in.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder was still hanging on to Adain when they got inside the cave she was still weak but did not know why.
( i asume there is not water in the cave and we can breath)

Finaly she could breath she took several deep breaths and looked at Adain asking if he was ok in their thoughts " you must be exosted sorry you had to carry me like that " she said affectionatly.
from her belt pouch she took out some dry spiced meat and handed it to him asking the others if they would like some. Her well made pouch for such occations, had kept it dry.
Then she sat crossed legged on the floor of the cave and rested pulling at the meat with her teeth she looked around the cave with a small ball of light that she held in her other hand after wisptering a light spell.
She suggested Adain sit down beside her to rest as well, after she swallowed the first bit of meat.
Her head was still a bit light as she glared around the cave her anckle daggers at the ready.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((if you wanna thats fine.
just remember that we have been underwater more than 30 minutes. so breath holding is out.
and if it was the water breathing spell, then you will have to react like a fish outside of water untill the spell is dismissed. unable to breath shortly. and yall also gotta deal with the sudden rush of water into the dry cavern untill it seals back up behind us.

i did plan to have the a dry area shortly otherwise...))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((just mention how she delt with it and i;ll go with that this is no water. tho the others, i don know how they will handle it till it runs out. i dont think one can just stop a scroll spell.))

(before setting camp and eating)
the water rushing over her, she didnt think about the fact that the room was water less. she gulped for air, or rather water as the spell was still in effect. activating the house emblem, she deactivated the spell allowing her to breath again noramlly. which she did, with large deep gulps...of moldy damp darkness.
what water entered had quickly drained due to the slanting floor.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka, Neriah, Aurora, and Sanisa all swam across the threshold that Zarae had indicated, Sanisa looking back when they were all through to unsure all of their safety. Seeing Cinder, Adian, and Zarae surface above the water within the odd room. However it was when Zarae lunged out and attempted to grab the now-sliding door that Sanisa realized the immediate problem as soon the as the slab sealed shut.

Veraka, Neriah and Aurora soon began to gasp as Neriah's water breathing spell was still in effect, as the three of them hit the surface, where it was dry and open.
The solar woman, knowing what effects [i:2enl82a4]Water-breathing[/i:2enl82a4] had on people, immediately cast a [i:2enl82a4]Greater Dispel Magic[/i:2enl82a4] upon the entire group. As soon as she did this, Sanisa saw that her son, his wife, and his wolf companion, along with Cinder and Adian, were all able to breath. She sighed with relief as she hauled herself out of the water and into the large room.

"Well, Lady Zarae, what is our next move; I believe that we should have a little respite from our little 'diving' excursion," the celestial woman said to Zarae, looking at the young drowess, her golden eyes looking for a sign of agreement.

"For once, mother, I have to agree," Veraka chimed in, whilst Neriah merely nodded her agreement as she began to wring her hair free of the lake's water. Aurora, being the wolf she was, merely shook herself in the most tossing of fashions, despite those who were around her.

"Aurora!!" Veraka scowled, raising an armored hand to block the white furballs drying session. "Couldn't you have waited till we were a tad bit more distanced from you?"

Neriah giggled slightly at her husbands concern for getting sprayed by Aurora just seconds after being submerged in subzero waters for a good portion of time.

Sanisa knelled down and assumed a calm pose, being content to let everyone were down on their energy levels.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder giggled as Aurora sprayed water for some distance around her as she lightened the load of her white coat. " Come here Aurora I have a peice of meat for you as well ." she reached into her waist pouch and pulled out the last of the dry meat for her.

She found the beautiful solors eyes on her when she looked over in her direction, she rapped her arm in around Adain's and leaned into him. Adain seemed very obsorbed in what dangers might be ahead or what could spring upon them as he usally was. She affectionatly coiled her finger in his silver hair. " can you sence anything? she asked.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Evil," Adian said, using his sight around the place. "Traces of very old evil...and traces of new. Not nearby. More of a vague presence. I can't pinpoint anything. It just sort of...floats in the air like the last smoke of a campfire. Something is active down here. That monster back in the cave...some of the feel of it is the same. But not all."

He shook his head to clear it, reorienting himself just in time to get very thoroughly splashed by Aurora. He sputtered a moment before giving the wolf a reproachful look.

"I don't think it knows we're here," Adian added. "But considering the nature of our group, things won't remain that way for long. I'd feel a little better if we got farther into this place...away from that door."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"I agree," the rogue applied. she didnt sense evil the way the paladin did, but there was [i:3iem8vie]something[/i:3iem8vie]. thats about all she could say at the moment. the sword pendent from the chain was pulled off and activating the magic within, Moonshadow appeared. a soft glow of whitish light radiated from it. if anything evil was around, they would find it uncomfortable as well as the sword sending a warning.
"yes, lets pause a few minutes and dry off before we continue."
the others sat down to rest a few moments, the freezing water still having taken alot from them. and now that they were in dry area, it didnt change the fact they had all been soak thrually. now was the time to dry off. she;d get going within the hour she surmised.
setting her pack down, she slipped off her piwafwi, then began squeezing water out of her shirt. thankfully the protection against the freezing water was still in effect or else everyone would be chilled to death.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Looking at a drenched Zarae, Sanisa got up to her full height, and strode over to the young drowess, despite her mithral half-plate armor that seamlessly moved with her as she walked.

"Do you think we could use a tad bit of heat?" the archangel asked Zarae, arching an eyebrow in a questioning manner.

[i:3o8ki24r]Not to be the complainer of the group, but a fire would be [b:3o8ki24r]very[/b:3o8ki24r] nice,[/i:3o8ki24r] came Aurora's voice, whose fur was now puffed out like a giant static mop.

Neriah nodded in agreement, though the spell of cold resistance still hadn't worn off yet, she still preferred to be dry over wet.

Without further hesitance, Sanisa waved her golden hands through the air, calling upon her god's divine power to flow into her. First, she cast [i:3o8ki24r]Control Winds[/i:3o8ki24r]((Spell [url=http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/contro ... m:3o8ki24r]Control Winds[/url:3o8ki24r])). An area of about a meter and a half in the center of the chamber began to swirl rapidly as the air around it suddenly began to form into a vortex, forming a miniature tornado, however the group would not find themselves affected as the only real threat came from [b:3o8ki24r]inside[/b:3o8ki24r] the vortex.
Sanisa, then cast [i:3o8ki24r]Firestorm[/i:3o8ki24r] within the vortex; the tornado suddenly became a raging cyclone of burning rage, as the Firestorm[/b] got swept up into the tornado. Veraka, as well as Neriah and Aurora, found this more than a little disturbing, whilst Veraka's mother simply sat down less than a couple feet from the raging swirling inferno. She looked to her son and his wife, tilting her head in slight confusion at them.

"Veraka, Neriah, what are you staring at?"

Veraka cleared his throat; "Mother; you just created a swirling, raging vortex of ifre, and you're not the slightest bit concerned about us?"

"Not to mention that the spell you just cast was a high level clerical spell, one that literally turns any foe to ash, milady?" Neirah added in, her voice slightly on edge.

The celestial woman smiled back at the two; "my son, Neriah; if I could not control such spells to begin with, do you honestly think I would have even bothered attempting to cast them to begin with?"

Aurora seemed convinced by that logic, as the great winter wolf padded over to Sanisa and plopped down next to her. The heat was that of a campfire. Sanisa waved the others over to have a seat. Veraka along with Neriah, seeing Aurora now comfortably laying down, trotted on over and seated themselves next to Veraka's mother.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"well, i reckon. I didnt intend to stay long," squeezing more water out, "just long enough to get semi dry before the spell wears off."
the cave sent chills down everyone's spine.

Zarae watched as the small fiery tornado appeared, her eyes mesmorized on the flames.
"that works," she replied aloud. her piwafwi as dry as she could get it at the moment, she began working on her oversized shirt, slipping it off and squeezing the water from it. there was a large puddle at her feet now.
she looked over to Adian and Cinder have some time between the two (to explain their quietness for now). the rogue shook her head, the odd ball here between the two couples. She just shrugged it away with a soft sigh and slipped her shirt back on, buckling the belt and readjusting her the crimson cloth before heading to join at the fire.
"now, if you could teach me that, I could have some fun..."

tho not mentioning that she never did pick up on the ways of the clerical spells during those early years with her older sister. a noble daughter of the Matron who would never be a priestess. it should have shamed her, tho the girl cared little at the time, and never thought of it much; if she had been skilled in divine magic, how much easier would the Spider Queen find her?

Sitting on a small outcropping of rock, she tucked her knees under her chin and just watched the dancing fire before her to finish drying off.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian was pretty sure there was some hole in the celestial's logic, but couldn't possibly say for sure where.

He shook the thought off and let himself dry by standing next to the controlled firestorm. Goddess, but that felt good! As he stood there he opened his senses again, trying to reach out a bit farther...trying to detect any nearby hostiles. At the moment there didn;t seem to be any.

"Neriah," Adian said. "Do you have a spell that could hide Zarae completely? I mean from sight, sound, smell...the rest. If we use her as a scout again, we should prepare her better than we did last time."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the rogue perked up from staring at the fire hearing her name.
"I am rather...practiced at stealth," smelling her clothing, "i dont think I stink," smelling again, "what are you thinking?" she replied looking to both of them now.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"You were attacked when you were alone," Adian said. "And many guardians have exceptional senses...such as smell. You might not be able to smell it, but a wolf, for instance, can. I'd rather you be hidden from potential enemies as much as possible before sending you ahead of us...if that is the plan. I'd prefer to stay together myself...strength in numbers. But I cannot deny the usefulness of proper scouting."

He could fgeel the potion beginning to wear off and the residual chill of the water already being counteracted by the fire. Thank the goddess.

"All right," he said. "Veraka and I could lead, with the others as support for combat, or Zarae could scout ahead of us. I guess it comes down to what you're willing and able to do, Zarae."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the rogue considers it a moment. then, vanishes from sight (hide in plain sight) moving over to behind the group before speaking.
"i will scout ahead. it seams best to have an idea of what we might be facing anyway."
her own spell fading, she felt the chill of the damp cave. the air, suddenly more foul.
"I'll take Shade as well. besides, it was the smallest bit of metal that rust monster sense," she replied, a hidden smirk.
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Fri May 06, 2011 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~