Shores of Despare (part 7)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

without thinking, she stood a little straighter, and in a rare time, she had that proud noble essence on her, "I'm a female, I'm never to weak."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian stared at her for a moment.

"That is not even vaguely what I said," he said in the same voice he used when standing up to his sisters. "And you know that very well."

He was about to say more but another chill made him look around. His eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"Is there a cold breeze blowing through here or is it just me?"
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder was comforted by the great wolfs presant she was not sure what was causing her faitness but she did not like it much her friends needed her to be alert and ready. Cinder mummbled as she strooked Auroa leaning on him slightly.

She noticed Adain was distacted by a brezz of some kind she did not feel it and she was right behind him " What is it Adain?" she asked looking around.
Althow she was alert to some degree she was some what liken being displaced ... there but not
She was taking a small clay pot with a cork in it out of her pouch as she walked. She drank some of the contents and popped the lid back in place and stuffed back were she got it. It was the juise of a strong root that helped the light headedness she felt.
She was trying to think of how she might protect Zerae if she was going to go ahead with her idea.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((V said he's been prudy busy, so if things move and he aint able to reply, I might have us sorta get seperated to explain lack of action with wraigths and them being holy type folks.))

the girl shrugged, then went quiet as she sensed it also, albeit differently. SHe sighed to be preapared to cinder and Adain, assuming Veraka, Neriah, and the celestial sensed it and was readying for it. Zarae moved into the shadows and to the door where the skeletons were. working quickly, she moved her hands until shadows formed btween them. within a minute they became humanoid in shape. sending a mental command, she sent the shadow to the warded door.

the wraiths continued on twords the party. their unearthly screeched into everyone's inner parts as they turned a corner and saw their targets.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian whipped out his hly sword with an oath when the wraiths shrieked. He stepped forward to intercept them before they got to the rest of the party...but normal tactics were unlikely to work on things that weren't corporeal at all.

"Shine the light of the moon upon my eyes," Adian prayed. "And cast your silver flame into the hearts of my enemies..."

He really hoped that his blessing would give them at least a shred of an advantage. Against wraiths the group would need all the help they could get!
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder snapped to attention hearing the shears
she looked up top the roff of the care and saw a ledge that would hold her ... she climbed the wall and jumped onto the ledge landing fermly on her feet she reached for the pellets in he pouch and grabbing hold her sling shot swifty belted out a few , then reached for her bow and the arrows that bursts into flams on target. her aim was stead and strieght at the mark at the back of a creature that was heading for Adain.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora padded on over to Cinder as the drowess requested and allowed her to lean on her furry shoulder, despite not wanting to stop for whatever reason.

The winter wolf looked to Cinder as she stroked the great wolf's fur, her ice blue eyes saying what they could for the drowess.

Sanisa, on the other hand, eyed Zarae when she composed herself and, in that all-powerful, matron-style posture, rebuked Adian for his suggestion that no one drain their strength in fear of another fight.

"Zarae Zyne," the Solar spoke; "if we are to survive here, then you might be wise to drop the drow matriarchal attitude and focus on the here and now. We are in here to find out what is causing these disappearances, NOT to display and show off our strength to one another. Therefore, I ask you to know that you are an equal here among everyone else, nothing more, nothing less. I believe that the Dark Dancer speaks [b:2jxewqrx]Defend and aid all folk, promoting harmony between the races.[/b:2jxewqrx]"
The celestial woman let her words sink in before continuing; "by keeping such pride and arrogance close, you are bereft of these exact words spoken by Eilistraee."

Sanisa did not like scolding Zarae such, but the young drowess had shown some of her true colors, despite her upbringing and change of heart, Sanisa would not tolerate such words of arrogance among the group. Even if only meant as a statement, Sanisa knew from a millennium's worth of experience that such traits led to ones downfall, either by the sword or by slow death.

Veraka, along with Neriah, looked at Sanisa in utter astonishment; however, Neriah regained her composure quicker than her husband, and quietly put in; "well she IS a solar of Torm, makes sense how her sense of law and justice work. Kinda like yours, hmm Veraka?"

The aasimar rolled his eyes at his wife, knowing full well that the words were a jest from her. While he was aware of the fact that Neriah loved to play the jokes on him, she sometimes went for the overkill on some of the them. He shook his head at his wife's crude humor. So was the path he had accepted when he'd taken Neriah as his beloved wife. However, that thought quickly washed away as his divine senses tingled with an unearthly feeling.

As soon as Adian had his own sword whipped out, Veraka had Marala Vharc unsheathed and crackling with a storm's fury. The wraith that attacked Veraka or Neriah, would quickly learn that electricity affects incorperal creatures, for the paladin's blade flashed once, then again, in an arcing path, cutting through the Wraith like nothing. As he withdrew his blade from the wraith, Veraka howled in anger, shoving his madness down to make room for his sword, which came crashing down on top of the ghost creature.

"Zarae, Cinder, Adian!!!" He barked out into the darkness, hoping that she heard him; "Shield your eyes!!" With that, he unleashed [i:2jxewqrx]Daylight[/i:2jxewqrx] upon the area that had quickly become a battleground, and followed the sun blazing light spell, with an energizing burst from [i:2jxewqrx]Holy Smite[/i:2jxewqrx].
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian covered his eyes just in time. Unlike the Solar's energy burst, this light [i:341iohvv]could[/i:341iohvv] blind and sting him. He felt his skin tingle at the sudden flare and even saw a bit of red through his eyelids

As uncomfortable as the flare was for him, it was worse for the wraiths. They were dark things, shadows of unlife that hated the light and everything that came from it. They immediately moved to swarm the source of the light...and one of them was obliterated by the paladin's smite.

Adian lashed out with his own sword and to his surprise felt it bite into the ectoplasmic "flesh". The thing howled horribly as it turned on him...and its surprise was complete as its fingers found themselves unable to touch Adian's flesh through his enchanted armor.

Adian felt the terrible chill of the monster but faced it while supressing his natural fear. He hacked at the thing with his own weapon, chasing after it as it shrank from pain it hadn't felt since it had once breathed.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae raised a snowy brow to the woman in confusion, more in the fact that she just gave the girl a scolding she realized. it was strange to get one that didnt end in a slap across the face or a threat to be turned into a drider. it was only the shock that kept her from smarting off, her usually reaction (as she did with her mother or sisters).

about to laugh at it all (just becuase she was scolded), the entrance of enemies change the atmosphere. Zarae jumping into the darkness of the cavern tunnel and pulling her cloak up to shield her eyes. 3 were done for but two were left to strike at the weakest.

the shadow triggered the ward in the other room and the skeletons turned to face the enemy, one they had trouble finding. Zarae sent a mental nod of approval and the shadow lead many of the skeletons out of the cavern down another tunnel.
Zarae levitated while hidden, Moonshadow's holy glow hidden but the effects were bothering the wraiths who seamed more agitated than before, if that was possible. holding her breath and praying it worked, she let the wraith get into a spot, dropped the levitation, sword leading to strike.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder looked around the roof and walls of the cave for other small alcoves she could stay out of sight or at least aim from, she spotted a few one that had a small vine growing from it, that could be usefull she thought. In her bag was a black sarf she reached for it and rapped her long white hair into it much of her clothing was black so she hoped she would blend into the cave. Cinder jumped over to the other alcove where she saw the vine, trying to stay out of sight.

Adain had suggested telepathicly that she bless her weapons, so praying to Eilistraee she asked her blessing upon her weapons as well as the group, also she drew from the abundant vioelt light surrounding Adain that most did not seem to see as the light reached her hands she moved them over her weapons wilst saying her prayers to the dark maid, all the wile not taking her eyes off of Adain.

She saw he was ingaded in battle with one of the beastly things and another was on it's way to jion in. She moved swiftly a pellet fond its way to the things scull and burst.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the sunflash pellet weakened another wraith, his cries of agony sending shivers down backs. he searched for the source (cinder; i'll let you decide if he sees and comes after you as im not sure just how high your hide skill is, and that you did an action)

Moonshadow bite incorporeal flesh, its holy glow flaring just as it did. the attack at (its heart?) caused the being to convulse and fling the rogue off and send her into the air sailing. Moonshadow stuck inside the wraith fell to the cavern. Zarae tried to focus on getting her levitation back and prepared for a collision into the cavern wall.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian saw that his enemy was retreating straight back into the wall. If it made it then the creature would probably escape to strike when they weren't ready for it. He didn;t dare let it get away.

"Eilistraee," he shouted. "Bring me your light!"

A surge of power went through his arms as he struck and his blade glowed silver as it swung at the thing's head. ([i:nzl6psjb]Smite[/i:nzl6psjb]) Its eerie keening was instantly silenced as his sword passed through it jist a few inches below its red, glowing eyes. A moment later the eyes winked out and the creature was sent to its final rest.

Adian felt a brief song of victory flare in his heart at this. This was no minor accomplishment...and he had done it himself!

With renewed vigor, Adian turned to help his companions, rushing to the aid of the most vulnerable--Cinder and Zarae.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder caught sight of Moonlight and Zerae being flung into the air she quickly sang a spell and the vine over her head sprang into growth as quikely as the spell was sang, Cinder flung it over to her friend instructing it to wind round Zerae to catch her fall.
As the pellets hit the wraith it was instantly blinded, it's screech echoed throw the caves.
Cinder called to Zerae once the vine cought her fall " climb up here there is room for the two of us and i can give you some of my pellets I was just wondering how i could stick some to my arrows maybe your spider pet can help" She cringed as she asked. " Maybe the more we get in the air the harder it will be for them to see." Cinder added
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((*phew* 500 pages in 2 days...my brain is hurting.
anyway, just to remind myself, under a frozen lake far north, the caverns are not natural, but very smooth, slanting downward twords a center. branches, doors, and a cavern in the direct center. the cavern the skeletons were in, has only a few (most are chasing the shadow around). on the otherside of the warded door is our target.

now i cant remember everything decided thru the RP, the deal with the crystals in particular.

soon we will head into that room! whoot whoot. anything i forgot, sorry. gunna let V get a post before any thing major.))

her hands clapped in amusement again. oh she was loving these audious and brave adventurers. they didnt disppointed! never had she such fun, or anything worth her skill. now she would let them come, the grin on her face remaining. curious how they would get past her door, she continued to watch the show in her scrying.

((what kinda vines? simular to entangle spell?))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

(( yes lets say intangle ya just have to climbe up a bit ))
Cinder continues to sling pellets at the creatures wil holding out a hand to Zerae to help her swing up.