Shores of Despare (part 7)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Re: Shores of Despare (part 7)

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zyzaat glanced at the new arrival, "You are a priestess? Ah good, I can drop my spell then, and then if you heal up this woman," He nudged the enspelled sorceress with his boot, "I can pick through her mind for this curse that has Cinder worried." Zyzaat knelt down next to the prone woman and raised his hands, the arcane power flowing from him in palpable waves. These energies tore into his previous spell shredding the enchantment within seconds. Blood started flowing from the sorceress's wounds as she began to return to normal time.
Last edited by NathreeDe'Shezbron on Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Suru quikely sang a healing spell so that the wizard could link with her
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Seeing the wounds knot over with fresh skin, Zyzaat sat down next to the barely conscious sorceress's head. Taking a deep breath to steady himself, Zyzaat reached for her head with his hands, but paused for a moment, "I can take some one with me, to pick through this woman's mind, if they have something specific to look for." He looked over in Cinder's direction.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

(yeah. i wasnt sayin you had it and wouldnt give it back. i was just saying. she'll ask when she can. but the blade is still imbedded in her leg sending bolts of electricity in her
if she's an agent of Lloth, its more of an alliance with someone then. didnt have any connection much that way, being she is connected with the Bitterleaf and Pyoro.))

Zarae, laying down on the stone floor unable to do anything, heard the sounds of another enter. she was barely conscious now, the electricity taking its toll even with the blood slowing is exit from the hole in her leg. her postion on the floor gave her a view of priestess and wizard helping the sorceress. She tried not to think about it. tried to not be upset that they helped the enemy first as she lay there slipping away wtih each jolt the blade released.
she closed her now amber eyes unable to keep them open any longer.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Cinder, get me to Zarae," Adian said. "Hurry....her voice is very weak."

When she bought him over, Adian's hands founf the weapon and the injury immediately despite his blind eyes.

"There will be some pain," he said an instant before he pulled the dagger free and cast it aside. The sparks hurt his hand, but he ignored it. A moment leter he set his bare hand over the wound.

[i:27lgsg2f]"Thy beauty haunts me heart and soul,
Oh, thou fair Moon, so close and bright;
Thy beauty makes me like the child
That cries aloud to own thy light:
The little child that lifts each arm
To press thee to her bosom warm.

Though there are birds that sing this night
With thy white beams across their throats,
Let my deep silence speak for me
More than for them their sweetest notes:
Who worships thee till music fails,
Is greater than thy nightingales."[/i:27lgsg2f]

Under Adian's touch Zarae's black flesh closed and the scarlet fountain stilled immediately. Her heart slowed to a more normal pace and the skin was soon rendered as pristine as it had been before the terrible wound.

"How do you feel?" Adian asked her, blindly turning his face towards her.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Hearing Zerae's thoughts Cinder tried to reasure her " Zerae i am sorry i did not get to you sooner " she embraced her friend " beleive me i was torn we are revieving the cruel witch only because she has put a terrible cures on the life within me that is of Adain and I " she paused a tear ran down her check " I am so glad you are now fine " Cinder help her to her feet
" Here you can lean on Adain and I " As Cinder and Adain walked with Zerae between them Cinder chattered nervously frantic about the danger their twins were in "

((( Beautiful writing Mr.Adain is it your own?? )))
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

(The Moon by William Henry Davies)

"Zyzaat, is that you?" Adain said.

A moment later the ceiling began to crack and small rocks began to fall.

"As much as I want to know how you got here, I'm more interested in if you have a way to get us out, wounded and all."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Turns off work and turns on [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BpKm-A35Io:a5cj8zua]The Wings of Icarus[/url:a5cj8zua]))
Veraka's rage was reaching its apex, even as he swung his blade back and forth at the infernal warrioress. He let out a howl of anger as he slashed down at her then, then launched a longitudinal hack for her shoulder.
"I need not show the world anything; I only need to defeat YOU!!" He roared back at the demoness.
What the demoness didn't know was that this darkness was apart of Veraka as he was apart of the world, as inseparable as his soul is from his body, the Berserker and him are bound.

Aurora let out a cry of pain from her jaws, but stubbornly refused to let go of the infernal hound's neck; she inhaled air, and exhaled frost, her Ice Breath raining down a frozen wrath upon the Hell Hound.

Neriah searched quickly and relentlessly, her eyes scowering the area for the crystal; however, once Adian's prison was broken, she picked up on a small crystal not so conspicuous. Neriah layed a gloved hand on it, and the crystal began to glow brighter than the sun.

Sanisa was sitting in a calm pose, meditating on her actions in the recent past, when she felt Neriah's presence brush her crystal prison; The Solar's eyes flashed open, golden orbs of radiance blazing with celestial might. Energy from the heavens roiled around her as Sanisa summoned the greatest of her strength and threw it against the crystal prison. The crystal shattered, just as Adian's had, only this time, the shards became iridescent rays of light. The solar stood there, her greatsword held in one hand, her other one flaming with a destruction spell. Six angelic wings were unfurled, her mithral half-plate armor amplifying the light that blazed.

"You might have won, demon," she spoke to the she-devil that was harassing her son, tempting him to fall to his own rage; however, her voice carried over the cacophony of battle, and the raging crys of war; "had you actually attacked the paladin, AND tempted him; his rage would've blinded him, made him predictable, much easier of a target. However," her voice now carried strength and a commanding power that only the gods could rival; "you made two mistakes; the first is that you've attacked my son; and mother's know vengeance well. The second, is that your assumption that angels of Mount Celestia do not know revenge is also wrong; we simply do not act on it all the time."
White energy crackled around the Solar, a testament to the powers she held at her beck and call.

"Neriah, please assist Aurora; wolves know stubbornness as only my son does," the solar spoke to Neriah, her head turning just a bit so one of her glowing eyes would show.
The Fey'ri nodded and unsheathed both of her daggers, and leaping over to where Aurora and the Hell Hound were mashing it up.

Sanisa then raised her greatsword in challenge to the infernal warrior; "Now, back to the pit from which you came." With that, angelic woman rushed the infernal female, her blade arching through the air, it's holy light glowing radiant as it sensed the presence of fiendish blood. Sanisa's blade connected with the infernal woman's in a clash of strength and good and evil. For minutes, the angel and demoness fought each other, divine and infernal powers clashing in a roar of titans.
It was during this chaotic clash that Veraka regained his senses, saw his mother fighting his opponent, and called down twin [i:a5cj8zua]Arcs of Lighting[/i:a5cj8zua], which he charged into Marala Vharc until he needed them.

He then rushed the demoness, shield raised, sword readied, and swung ferociously at her.

Sanisa, didn't waste a second; when the demonic woman was in position, and turned her attention towards Veraka, the Solar griped her greatsword and rammed it through the demon woman's chest; "As I said, back to the pit," Sanisa growled and with her open palm, summoned down [i:a5cj8zua]Destruction[/i:a5cj8zua] down upon the evil female.

Veraka, knowing well, that his mother had things in hand with that infernal witch, scrambled over to his wife and his wolf friend; he saw the Hell Hound trying to rip Aurora's leg straight off, despite the fact that Neriah had gouged the beast repeatedly with her daggers. When the aasimar saw an opening, he rushed in, Marala Vharc leading, and plunged the sword into the Hell Hound. Upon his mental command, Marala Vharc let loose the twin [i:a5cj8zua]Arcs of Lighting[/i:a5cj8zua]. The white fury of a storm coiled and leapt around the hell hound's body as Veraka then proceeded to bash the creature with his shield repeatedly, screaming in anger for the infernal hound release his winter wolf pack sister.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

she felt the healing, mentally kicking herself for self-pity over the situation and useless thoughts over everything. Sometimes this relatively new path with the Dark Maiden was harder than she thought. a thanks sent to her and Adian went out. then she noticed the paladin's eyes.
"I am good now, but you surely aint," to Adain, then looking to Cinder and her pained expressions over everything occurring. she saw the elder drowess dealing with the sorceress along with the wizard and let Cinder lead Adain.
"we might wanna get outta here, soon! wheres Veraka, Neriah and the solar?" she asked just as the scream came from the other room. remembering the traps, Zarae didnt wait, hurried back twords the other room carefully and trying to avoid falling stone. then paused, "any chance you grab my stuff?" she asked the wizard. i might have something to help."
then one small crack and a groaning above them let in a small jet of ice water. more cracks like that were forming and soon more water would begin filling. ice cold water to fill up the cavern and crumbling of stone around threatening to bury them in a stone watery grave.

[Panic Button of Escaping (Complete Scoundrel). 750 GP. One-shot item, dimension door up to 30'. If you're not wearing armor, can be activated in your square as as swift action.][/size:1xz04wyy]
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

The demoness had been so sure, so confident that the berserker would lose himself in his rage that she hadn't noticed Neriah at all...and so it weas a complete surprise to her when Sanisa was suddenly released in a blaze of glory.

"No...NO!" she shrieked as she was confronted with the Celestial. The paladin was the one she was here for, not this!

The Solar and the Infernal hammered hard at one another, the demoness roaring in fury and hate no mortal could fathom. Sanisa, however, was fighting for her family. The end of the battle was almost a forgone conclusion. Sanisa's blade impaled her, and the demoness was suddenly unable to lift her arms, almost unable to breathe. She could do nothing as Sanisa rained blazing doom on her, ending her time on the mortal plane in a shower of light and glory.

The hellhound growled without letting go of Aurora's leg, keeping it in a death grip despite its wounds. Only the full might of the paladin's sword made it let go, and even then only because it had finally been beaten and electrocuted into broken bones and burned meat. Aurora's mangled leg came lose from its jaws as it finally sagged to the ground in death.

At the same moment Adian's prison exploded and the sorceress was fatally wounded. They had little time to savor their victory as the walls began to fold and crack, shattering mirrors and sending shards everywhere. Water began to seem into the room through the cracks at a steadily increasing flow. Freezing water was coating the floor and getting deeper by the moment.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyzaat reached into his pack, the enchantments placing the items he picked up at the top. He tossed the gear to Zarae. Zyzaat placed his fingers on the forehead of the sorceress, about to delve into the mind of this woman, however the quick deterioration of the cavern made him change his mind. Raising his hands, Zyzaat chanted a quick spell, and thrust a hand forward. His magic opened a small rift in the fabric of the world. Jerking his hands apart, Zyzaat widened his door, and through it was seen the trees of the woods above the cavern. The magic in his necklace enhanced his voice into a roar, "Time to go, everyone."

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

When Zerae wondered off on her own Cinder was able to focuse on leading Adain as she focuse on him, her mind settled as she had only one concern to get him where he needed to be everything else fell from her mind she had every confidence in the combined abilities of her trusted friends. With the strong conection shared between Adain and herself no words need be said his will alone guided her Cinders mind focused on the task at hand all her troubles vanished.

((( WOW that is one great writer Adain hola hola I will have to look him up )))
((( I love words :) )))
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae caught her stuff preparing to rifle thru everything when the wizard opened up the teleportation door to the snowy forest back near shore. "well he beat me to it," putting her pack on (since everything happen to shoved in anyway..[/size:126n1okz]. ;) )[/size:126n1okz] "do we take her?" asking about the sorceress as another crack sprung a leak. (not sure what cinder's family is doing about her)[/size:126n1okz] by now an inch of water was filling the cavern the group was in, additional help from the underwater tunnel overflowing into the room.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyzaat nodded, "Aye, take her with you. If nothing else I wish to pick through her mind and look for her item cache. Obviously she has rare artifacts, maybe even a few good spells." A sheen of sweat coated his brow, as Zyzaat fought with the natural forces which tried to close his door, "That crystal alone would be something I could put to good use." His eyes darted around the cavern, keeping track of the rising waters.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"I'm afraid it was destroyed," Adian said in Zyzaat's general direction. "At some cost. And the world is better off for it. Direct me with your voice," he added. "It's still too bright in here."

Hardly. The place was collapsing faster now, with the flow of ice-chilled water steadily turning from mere leaks to fountains. If anything the remaining light was vanishing fast as the sources were destroyed. He and Cinder stumbled in the direction of Zyzaat's gate as the sound of collapse became louder and louder.