Shores of Despare (part 7)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((no problem. it seams the summer has everyone rather busy anyway.
if yall [i:3qfecqxi]somehow [/i:3qfecqxi]figure out the trap, someone should still do the story equivolent of a reflex save to avoid the ax since the rogue is current stuck at the moment in the room))

the 30 skeletons turn around the corner and then came onto the group- the horde of them. their blank expression and complete obedience to whatever was here. blades raised and poised to strike as the front line swung at the intruders. these were not simple undead, but rather skilled fighters for being a pile of bones.
--

zarae looked to the two with her.
"we might need to head back, i dont know how much longer this spell will last. and fighting," she counted those who remained, "around 30 undead will not be easy!"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder avoided running into Adain and desided to walk a bit further behind. She could hear Zerae speaking to the others with her being still very perseptive to her thoughts.
30 skeltons and quite dangerous it sounds, I do not like this, Cinder thought to herself she looked over to the beautiful Solor " M'Lady Sanisa i fear for Zerae can we help her " she asked with concern for her friend.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian stepped forward with his sword ready to block the first of the incoming blades. He was almost caught by surprise when he came very close to discovering the hard way that these [i:33xf198a]things[/i:33xf198a] had actual combat skill.

He didn't have the power others did over undead. He simply wasn't strong enough yet. Instead he held the front line and fought defensively, trying to keep the skeletal things back while the rest of the group came up with some kind of solution.

Whatever they would do they would have to do fast. Thirty skilled fighters, even with Veraka at his side, was not a force easily stopped for long.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

(Can we do a fortitude/will save, and BLOCK the axe trap?)

Veraka, barely stepping onto the pressure plate, though with a combined weight between him and Adian, the pressure plate activated.

The woosh of air was all Neriah needed to know that a trap had been sprung and they were in very imminent danger.
"Watch out!!" she hissed to her husband, Sanisa, Adian and Cinder.

With a roar of fury, Veraka raised his shield and rushed forward, bracing his shield with his sword arm. A deafening 'CLAANNNNGGG!!" resounded Veraka's heavy adamantine shield, and the huge ax, followed by a loud grunt of pain from the mighty paladin. Veraka's shield dropped to his side, his shoulder just being dislocated from the the impact between his shield and the huge ax.

"Veraka!!" Neriah hollered from behind Sanisa, rushing forward to meet her newly wedded husband. She caught his limp arm, and held it. "Why do you always have to play the heroic fool?"

The barbarian raised paladin turned his head and smiled at the fey'ri by his side; "because you and our child are worth it."

Sanisa cleared her throat in a meaningful manner; "as lovely and caring as this scene is, we've got some undead company." The solar unsheathed her huge greatsword from her back and held it at her side offhandedly, a testament to her inhuman strength.

Veraka and Neriah looked up to see the thirty skeletons marching toward them.
"OH gods, not now;" Veraka grunted; "Adian," he said turning his head towards the drow paladin; "ready your steel; this will require us to keep those bone-head bastards from my wife."

She turned to Cinder and shook her head; "I'm afraid that what strength I could help Zarae with will have to be saved for these necromancy-filled vermin, Lady Cinder. Zarae is Ethereal at the present time and with Aurora and her spider, Shade; she will be able to manage. Besides," Sanisa grasped her mighty greatsword with two hands. "the more of these shambling bone piles we stomp to dust here, the less we have to worry about her safety. Now Cinder, keep your wits about you and your blades pointed, we've got a job to do, and I intend to see it finished."
With that, the archangel raised her greatsword and rushed the incoming skeletons, her sword glowing with shimmering energy from the slopes of Mount Celestia.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((gunna let yall discribe the battle for the most part))

many fell to the blades, but many continued to come on, spured by some power controlling them from deeper inside the cavern.

Zarae motioned for Aurora to follow. Zipping in and out of the remaining skeletons she carefully hurried twords her friends before the spell wore off. she could feel the effects weakening as its expiration was nearing.
the tunnel curve saw the end of the spell and Zarae was back on the material plane. Moonshadow and Stealthwhisper out, she vanished from sight to strike those at the end.
he crumpled to the stone floor, Moonshadow's glow flare as it struck the undead laggers. Stealthwhisper came around to strike another mass of bones.
Shade crawling along the ceiling shooting a web at another tangling him up to allow Zarae's blade to slice thru.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Despite being terribly outnumbered, Adian continued to hold the line. He swept his blade back and forth, swatting the weapons of the undead aside over and over again.

Undead, unfortunately, were tireless. It was with tremendous relief that Adian welcomed Sanisia's presence at his side.

The skeletal creatures recoiled briefly. The Celestial was anathema to them by her very nature. Adian took that brief moment to rest his arms before taking the offensive. One swing shattered a skull and sent its pieces back amid its fellows. The one collapsed like a puppet with its strings cut.

Only 29 to go...
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder looked up and found a perch on the wall of the cave that overlooked the area. She climbed up and in a pouch tied to her belt she took out a hand full of Day pellets '' lady Sanisia can you protect the eyes of Verake and his wife i am not sure if Adain will need it i have Day pellets. She amied her sling shot in Adains direction at the undead that were upon him and fire one then another. Then quikely aimed at others coming toward Verake and his wife. some of the undead fell, quikely she aimed in the middle to try thin out the hord. Cinder moved quikely so that there was not time for a counter protection spell she knew that this would weaken the spell of the sun bursts, but if they were finally able to react at least she could weaken them.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Sanisa howled in anger as she rushed in, her angelic wings flared at her sides, her mighty greatsword virtually glowing with holy energy as she charged into the fray of skeletons, slashing with a giant horizantal sweep. Some of the skeletons managed to block her overbearing strike; many others however, were not so fortunate, as they met a fate similar to the skeleton that Adian defeated. Bones flew every which way from the Solar. Sanisa gritted her teeth together and reversed her swing, bringing her mighty blade up and over her head, driving it into another undead that was in her way. The skeleton just became dust under the might and holy energy behind her blow.

She noted Adian's fatigue, and was glad her presence could allow him some respite. The Solar knew that the undead were gaining ground on her son, and his wife, what she didn't know was how fast. However, soon, she got her answer.

[color=violet:26k28us7]"Lady Sanisa can you protect the eyes of Veraka and his wife i am not sure if Adain will need it i have Day pellets."[/color:26k28us7]

"Cinder, might I be notified of such situations before we decided to start throwing them around," the solar replied to the drow druidess.

She waited to see if Veraka, Neriah or Adian would need her assistance should they become blind as well.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian heard Cinder's warning almost too late. He closed his eyes but it only helped a little. The sudden flare in the dim hall shot pain through his skull and his sight was filled with nothing but flashing dots. His time on the surface had not been enough to adapt to the brightness of the daylight, and he was paying for it.

Fortunately for him the undead things gave way before the Solar and the bursts of sunlight. The noticeably reduced swarm of dead warriors fell back to regroup as Adian blinked furiously to clear his vision.

[i:3or7tr1q]Up![/i:3or7tr1q]

He didn't know where the impulse came from, but he raised his blade just in time to catch a skeleton's weapon before it could crack his skull.

[i:3or7tr1q]Thrust![/i:3or7tr1q]

Again he obeyed whatever instinct was coming to him and the monster before him was driven back, its weapon badly out of position.

[i:3or7tr1q]Falcon swing![/i:3or7tr1q]

Adian reversed his grip and turned his motion into an upward swing that Veraka had taught him, demolishing the skeleton. He could feel his enemy fall before him and found himself stepping forward to face the next. Something was guiding his hands and he silently blessed it...whatever it was.

"Forward!" Adian shouted, mostly out of instinct. It proved to be a good tactic. The skeletons were rallying but had not recovered entirely.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

The bursts of sunlight slowed the pace of the undead even distroying some.
Cinder knew the blinding affects would not be perminent to her friends. Her own instinct told her Adain other sences would be hightened and it was worth the gamble there was just to many of them. She sat perched and took out her heaviest arrows aiming at the undead that were surrounding Adain. She aimed directly at the bottem of the spine of one hoping to relieveof it's legs, the arrow met its mark and droppped to the floor. She climbed over head of were Adain was fighting, took hold of her crystal daggers and dropped to his side just out of his swords range and started swinging and spinning cracking bones with tremendous speed.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((skeletons dont get dazed from light do they? or is it a holy light kinda deal? i know mind effecting spells dont work. and without eyes or ears would sight or sound work?))

Zarae saw further down the tunnel the flash of lights. the others were fighting hard. Shade worked hard to net skeletons and Moonshadow continued to sneak in and cut another down. then Zarae would disappear only to reappear and strike again.
thankfully her picking off the ones in the back kept them focused on moving forward.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

(( they are pellets with sunburst spells in them...the sun burst spell can distroy the undead ))
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((ah sunflash. i was thinking daylight, the cheaper ones))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian charged at the skeletons with new energy. He could almost feel the song of his goddess in his head as he came at them.

[i:19c53k3s]Now dance.

What?

Let the music take you. Dance.[/i:19c53k3s]

He did as he was bid. Following the music in his mind he ducked and evaded the undead warriors as they struck at him, countering every chance he got. Sanisia could see that he was getting help...maybe even divine. Everything that he had learned, from his teachers in the Promenade and from Veraka was suddenly flowing together seamlessly.

It had not taken over his body. It was merely guiding him. The steps were all his own. The skeletons began to fall before him, shattering into pieces on the stone floor of the hall.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder watched Adain between the swings of her dagger
Some thing had come over him as his body gracfully danced with each powerful blow to the undead before him. The violet lights around him moved in union with each beautiful movement and his silver armor sparkeled.
She was aw struck, her heart glowed with love, for a moment she faltered and was knocked to the ground.