Shores of Despare (part 7)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Re: Shores of Despare (part 7)

Post by CinderSuru »

They reached the gate and was taken strieght to the surface, when they got there Suru had found solid ground away from the gate and was standing on a larg rock with Cinders things that were left behind at the pond. " You might want these " Suru said with a raised brow
" Still have a hard time keeping your cloths on dear " Suru laughted.
Cinder reached for her cloths and dresses she was distracted by something odd she senced in Adain it was like there was a presents there that was never there before something seemed to be infiltrating and trying to take control of his will. " Adain " she said " something very evil is at the edges of your will it is very well hidden and trying to find a way in to take control it seems but i can't be sure it is so illusive i can only see small glimses "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deep within Adain was a prob coming from deep in the distant underdark

>> Yath del Sham'aroth Vlosinssrigg <<>> Temple of Unholy Bloodlust <<

This Evil was not counting on Cinderanna's consistant persents within Adains contenance she was an unnone in the big picture and that would work to the disadvatage of the high preistess of the temple who's interest it was to end Adains life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Suru listened with incressing interest " what ever it is perhaphs we might want to find out as much as we can with out this prob knowing we are aware of it " Suru suggested " does it know you can sence it Cinder ? she asked.
" Not yet Grandmother I can bareley proseive it but there is something there and it is very evil. " Cinder answered.
" Once every one has arrived on the surface I think this should be brought to the attention of the Wizzard and the Solor with hast try to remain hidden from this presants dear. " Suru said firmly.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian couldn't remember having ever been so glad to be on the surface. Behind them the water under the frozen suraface of the lake bubbled as air was released from the caverns below.

"Are the others all right?" he asked. "Has anyone else made it?"

Then Cinder started taling about some kind of evil...inside [i:2qnbv9vo]him?[/i:2qnbv9vo]

"Would you two stop talking as though I'm not here?" he asked, unaware of what Cinder had sensed. "I'm standing right in front of you. I think."
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

"No, you are standing rite in front of me old friend, let me help you to the fallen tree over here so you can sit and rest". a Somewhat familiar voice says to Adain as he gets taken in the direction of the fallen tree. A somewhat reluctant Adain goes with this stranger.

As the stranger looks around at the tired and beat down group he can see that the ones that did notice his presence are staring at him with a confused and hostile look.

"I can see that you don't recognise me" he says. "Its me Biot... I don't expect you to recognise me, I've went through somewhat of a transformation since you last saw me. Sorry for disappearing on you, I fell asleep while keeping watch and the next thing I remember is that I was running through the woods. I must have been running for a few days when I came too and stopped. I fell down exhausted. When I woke up I was in a human house."

Just then a female drow came walking out from the woods. She was slightly smaller in stature than a normal drow with dark blue eyes and shining silver jewellery with embedded blue stones all over her face and body.

The group grabbed their weapons readying themselves for the attack. Biot stepped in between the group and the approaching drow. "And then I saw her" He continues. Making the group relax a bit, still not sure what to make of it all. "Her name is Nicolettedrathir, but I call her Nix for short. She and her father, the human that raised her, helped me back to health and helped me to overcome the daemons inside me, brought on by my father, and also helped me to find who and what I really am. Once I accepted everything a began to transform, not just inside, but on the outside as well, to this that you now see in front of you, a Dragon Lord. She came with me to help me find you all, she is an incredible tracker, so that I can tell you what I saw in the trances I was in while running through the woods."

Biot and Nix went to sit next to Adain on the fallen tree trunk. "All I can tell from the visions I got while in the trance was than I must assist Adain, because something might happen than can change everything as we know it. Only other thing I can remember is that a presstess of loth is involved and that we need to find a hidden temple."

Biot looks around at the battered and bruised companions around him. "Sorry I wasn't here to help all of you."

Biot - Half Drow half ..... (Class: Dragonlord)
Nix - Drow (Class: Arcane archer)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder now dressed in her Winter Amor trimmed in white fur. She walked over to were Adain sat and the new female drow sitting beside him. Cinder's eyes were icy steel her hands reached for her daggers " yes as a matter of fact you are here " she hissed.
The young drowess moved promply she would not make that mistake again Cinder was quite sure.

That witch we just battled put some kind of cures on the life you created inside me just in case you might have missed that Adain " she said with both a wonded and angery tone.
" Your lak of interest is touching " she snapped. " That is why we were trying to revieve her to try and find out more about what we could do about it."

And yes there seems to be some kind of evil trying to infiltrate your will probly from this high priestess of LIoth that Biot is talking about what ever it is it is very evil and very powerful she does not know we know as far as i can tell. " Cinder stared at the new female arival then at Biot. She would have to have a talk with Biot about his new friend she thought.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka lifted Aurora off of the ground, and then he, Neriah, and his mother, Sanisa, blitzed it towards the gate that was barely still open; even while running, Neriah threw a spell at the gate that held it open for a fraction of a second longer. That time was what the four needed to hurl themselves through the magical doorway, and into tho fresh air of the surface.

"Well, now that was an interesting venture, to say the least," Sanisa exclaimed, getting onto her feet and surveying their surroundings. Cinder, and her grandmother, Suru, were standing nearby.
"And who is the person I have to thank for keeping that gate open long enough for me son and his wife, as well as Aurora and myself, to get through, hmm?" the Solar asked the group around them, taking keen notice of both the new female drow and the odd male that had arrived as well.

"And who's hide do I need to flay for kidnapping my wife and unborn children?" Veraka growled, as he laid Aurora on the ground so the wolf could nurse her wounds.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((in the forest, again. remember, winter and lots of snow. so i would expect everyone to be at least slightly cold as some of our clothing is wet.

decisions to be made here also, IC: camp for the night? travel now? look for the body of the daughter's husband? the sorceress? and of course the small things occuring between Adian and Cinder, and the Solar and Neriah.

and OOC decisions: since its near the end, do yall wanna write the travel back or after the IC decisions are made, me give a summary of us getting back and then move to getting the reward and finishing this RP?))

When the injured were through, Zarae followed, stepping into the forest they had spent the previous days in. her wet underclothing suddenly brung a deep chill to add with the soft new dusting of snow following. she immediately dropped her bag to throw on her warm clothing, only to be surprised by the arrival new people. dagger before her but relaxed, slightly as they talked with Adian. Zarae dressed quickly, finished with buckling her belt, bracers and boots.
she then walked over to the sorceress that was laid down on the snow bound and gagged and eyes covered. she wiggled in the thick snow but soon gave up.
She motioned over Veraka and his family to the bound woman, allowing Adian to deal with Cinder and the two new guys, unless a threat was about, in which she guessed the solar would know before her.
even if the woman and man conveniently showing up unnerved her and made her uneasy.

Zarae carefuly searched the sorceress making sure to look for dangerous tricks she might had done. "does she not have a similar looks to the cleric back in town?" Zarae asked Veraka, but then remembered he hadnt joined up back at the village but in the forest also.
she wrapped her piwafwi and winter cloak around her still shivering form as the rogue stood thinking as she searched. they had to travel on foot again to get to the outpost where they could get their horses again to ride the rest of the way back. but what would they do about this sorceress? kill her? take her back? someone else take her? Then she remembered the body of Kyahel's husband they were to look for also to bring him back.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

When everyone had exited the cavern, Zyzaat stumbled through the door. His clothes were soaked up to the waist in water, and the winter cold was doing nothing to improve his mood. The drow was shivering uncontrollably, so much so that he was unable to control his fingers or tongue to cast a spell. His fingers fumbled through his pack, and when he withdrew his hand, in his palm rested a miniature model of a tent. Zyzaat flicked his wrist, sending the model flying through the air. As it traveled the representation grew larger, expanding many times over. By the time it landed on the ground the tent had expanded many times, standing more than twice Zyzaat's height at its peak. "H-How ab-bout we go inside and war-rm up-p. This weather is hardly g-good f-or-r trav-veling." He stuttered out from the cold, "W-we c-c-can travel la-later, af-fter war-rming up-p"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian stared in Cinder's general direction. The sorceress had done [i:38wv1fo9]what?[/i:38wv1fo9] His head was spinning. Too much was happening at once and the blindness wasn't helping. Then Biot And Zyzaat showing up, long with this mysterious Nix...and on top of this it sounded like the sorceress had survived. Nine Hells...and now Cinder was mad at him. Again. Over something that she had said while he'd still been disoriented by the light and the explosion.

"Zyzaat is right," he said. "We need to rest...sort all this out."

If something bad [i:38wv1fo9]had[/i:38wv1fo9] been done to Cinder's and Neriah's children, surely Sanisa could undo what some mere mortal had done. Couldn't she? He'd have to ask when they were getting warm and dry.

(I'm more or less rolling with it. I have little to no idea about Adian's next adventures. For now, we should probably tie up loose ends and then head back quickly for the resolution of the adventure.)
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

Biot and Nix looked around at the group and realised how cold and hungry they must be. They started to make a fire from some dry wood they picked up along the way through the forest. They took 5 rabbits and 3 loaves of seed bread. Nix prepared the rabbits and added some herbs for taste and roasted them over the fire while she cut the loaves of bread, that got heated up next to the fire.

"[color=#400080:eelfeyu8]Here you are, I made the bread myself[/color:eelfeyu8]" Nix said in a soft angelic voice, as she handed the slices of bread out to the group were they sat in the tent.

Biot came in with the roasted rabbits and put them down in the centre of the tent on a piece of cloth so that everybody can have their fill of the meat. [color=#0000BF:eelfeyu8]"You can use this to cut of pieces for yourselves[/color:eelfeyu8]" he said as he put down his knife next to the roasted rabbits. "[color=#0000BF:eelfeyu8]Nix shot these with her arrows just a hour or so ago on our way here, so eat up all.[/color:eelfeyu8]"

Biot - Half Drow half ..... (Class: Dragonlord)
Nix - Drow (Class: Arcane archer)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

(It's a mansion, have fun making up rooms)
Zyzaat stepped into the tent, and making sure everyone was accounted for by doing a quick head-count, including the two new drow, the mage snapped his fingers. Everyone felt a sudden jerk, and the inside of the tent was much much larger. In fact, the group was no longer in a tent and instead the group sat in the dining hall of a large mansion around a huge table made from the stalk of a fossilized mushroom. The chairs were made of the same materials, a common substitute for wood in the Underdark. At one end of the room stood a hearth with a roaring fire in it, spreading warmth throughout the entire room. Zyzaat sat at the head of the table, right in front of the hearth. His shivering had stopped Zyzaat made a beckoning motion with his hand, and spare set of clothing floated to his side. He cleared his throat, "Welcome to my home. Make yourselves comfortable. Some rothe meat, fried mushrooms and wine will be brought out." Bowing quickly, Zyzaat left the room to change. When he came back, he wore a new robe, very ornately decorated. Plates with steaming meat and mushrooms floated out to the table, carried by barely visible servitors, along with several jugs of wine, and glasses for each of the party members. Zyzaat sat down in his chair and wasted no time digging into his food.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Try as she might Cinder could not find Adains excuse unreasonable.
Worming her self by the fire she gave the newly arived drowess a glare just to be sure she understood to keep her distance from Adain.
"It is so nice to have you back Biot I am glad to see you well. Sounds like you had quite an ordeal."
She reached out her mind looking for Meldrinus, Meldrinus who was chewing on some pine bark, he headed in the direction of Cinder once sumon, the other horses following closlely.
Suddenly they were in Zyzaat's warm and luxurious mansion. Cinder reached for Adains hand under the table " I have been dreaming about this place since we entered the underground cave " she said to Zyzzat " thank you once more for your hosoitality " Cinder smiled reaching for a plum with the other hand from one of the bowls of fruit sitting on the table.
Suru's eyes widen when she found herself sitting at the magnificent table.
" Well now! " Suru raised her brow smiling as she looked around " Mr Zyzaat may i say you have wonderful taste " she said making herself comfortable in the fossilized mushroom chair she sat in. When he returned dressed in his worm dry robes she snapped her fingers and was dressed in a emerald green velvet gown her blue hair coiled in braids on each side of her head. " There that is much better i thought I would follow suit " she said taking a glass of wine from a pleasant servant standing beside her with a try of drinks.
" I hope you have a not so comfortable dungon of our most unpleasant guest " Cinder added.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

[t:3gy5tz4q]Zyzaat winked in Cinder's direction, "Indeed, this is a rather nice place, although it does require rather extensive preparation. The sorceress is right there." He nodded at the sorceress sitting in a chair at the far end of the table, and took a sip from his wine glass. "Magic can make a feather into a blade, so her comfort is hardly an issue." He leaned back in his chair and put down his fork and knife, "Besides the fight is over, tie her hands together so she cannot cast magic and let her eat too. The measure of a man," He paused looking at Cinder and Suru, "or woman, lies in how they treat their captors. This sorceress has undoubtedly wronged you, but that does not mean we must sink down to her level and take pleasure in her undue suffering." He smiled, and with the shadows painted across his face by the fire that smile seemed to twist into a feral grin, "Although that does not mean that I shall be gentle in my search of her memories." His glass was refilled by a waiting servant, and Zyzaat caused it to float to his waiting hand with a cantrip, "Although I cannot claim to be an authority on curses... My talents lie in the more combat applicable uses of magic. My mentor could certainly prove more knowledgeable about it, but I would advise strongly against turning to him, he could very well be worse to your health than that woman."
Zyzaat pointed to a door at the far end of the room, "I have access to some of his books, feel free to peruse at your leisure."

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" Humm! " Cinder sighed scratching her jaw " you are genorous Zyzzat but of coarse you are right "

>>>>>>> http://youtu.be/Eq8nQOhZ3u8 <<<<<<<<

Suru looked over to the many shelves of books " Oh What a dear you are Mr Zyzzat I think i shall be quite busy this evening. I was going to take my leave after sharing this lovely meal with My granddaughters good friends your book but becon me to stay " Suru said with delight as she looked over the large collection from her set.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyzaat nodded, "Indeed, feel free to browse as long as you wish. This place will still be here after we leave."

Zyeke
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((horses are at the outpost, but welcome to have your mount be around.))

objects on the sorceress were pocketed and the woman taken by the wizard. Zarae entered and headed straight for the warm fire hand over it to warm up. once her shivering slowed down she relaxed a bit more, still chilled but at least not freezing. Zarae's stomach then reminded her to eat with a growl. she headed over to the table to grab a plate of rothe and mushrooms and dig in, followed by gulps of wine.

She watched as the couples were together discussing things between them and the whole deal with the sorceress. when she was fully warmed Zarae headed back outside to see if she could find the body of the human. the fur cloak tight around her, she walked back twords the lake to look among the pile of bones, and happy to see no lights coming up to disinigrate her. she gave a soft thanks to the Dark Maiden for getting her through this mess as she look across the serene waters. a glance around to make sure none were about to hear, she tried a simple song she heard from before leaving the rebel house as she looked among the remains.

after a good rest, something they needed badly, the group could head back twords.

((not sure if yall answered, but go ahead and summarize and get to the end or keep going as is?))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~