Shores of Despare (part 7)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Adian Novar
Champion

Re: Shores of Despare (part 7)

Post by Adian Novar »

The sorceress gasped in pain and surprise at the stabbing, and she fell away from the rogue. She snarled as she faced the dark elf, knife in hand and ring gleaming.

"And now I will have your skin on my wall," she snarled. "You should have fled when you had the chance."

She was hampered by her wound, but the fire in her eyes made up for it. She spoke a word and arcs of electricity sparked over her blade.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

[hope all yall had a good time this weekend!]

"Your concern fills my stomach with flapping bats (think fluttering with butterflies, only a drow way of saying it)[/size:3pycmitd]," she mocked as she pulled the poisoned blade out, "shall I extend you the same curtsey?"
Zarae jumping back from a strike of the charged blade of the sorceress. then again calling on her abilities, she stepped back twords the wall and vanished from physical sight (hide in plain sight)[/size:3pycmitd]. as the sorceress struck at air, Zarae worked her way to get behind the woman, careful to avoid any swipes coming forth. the rogue even ducked, the blade swiping over head where she just was. moving behind silently, she did a hand stand, in one movement, wrapped her feet around the sorceress' neck and then lifted herself up to stab the dagger into the neck of the sorceress.
the woman did not expect that, and was stunned long enough for the blade to hit in the side of the neck (aimed for the vein). then with reflexes, struck the rogue in the leg with her own blade.
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

To her credit the sorceress had learned to fight with a knife somewhere. It just didn't do her any good. She grabbed at her neck and collapsed, her eyes wide with shock and pain. The blood flowed freely from her neck wound and simply putting her hand over it wasn't nearly enough. She was in serious trouble and she knew it.

She smiled, emitting a raspy, wet laugh.

"Go ahead," she said. Finish it. I've already had my revenge. But you won't find out what it is for another year or so! Oh, what lovely little packages those sows are going to deliver!" She continued to laugh with sadistic glee even as her voice became weaker and weaker. She fell to her knees and the her hand didn't have the strength to stay in place. She was bleeding like a small fountain now. Death was not far away.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

((( had a great weekend Z full of screaming kids I just love christmas <<>> not )))

((( flapping bats <<>> LMAO Z i will be rembering that one <<>> ok Mr Adain SOW humfff!!!!!!
<>> Neriah and I will have to start getting nasty maybe Adain likes getting spanked ya think<<<<<>>>> he's cruizin )))

The warmth Cinder suddenly felt was short lived when she heard the words of the evil witch.
Cinders head snapped in the direction of the women as she spoke her final words her eyes blazing ... " WHAT HAVE YOU DONE YOU SLIMMY WITCH !!!! " she looked back at Zyzaat
" Did you hear what she said Zyzaat she put some kind of creepy spell on our unborn don't let her die Zyzaat " She called out to him.
Cinder tryed to maintain some kind of control without much success her thoughts realed in confussion she tried to sort out some kind of spell to keep her alive wile the pull to Adain grew stronger she felt him but the feeings were obsure she could not move as she called out for Adain tears ran down her face once more.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((well, elf 'bun in the oven' takes 2 years to 'cook'...so i wonder...
you didnt put sleeping pills in the cookies? lol))

Zarae loosened her legs, falling off as the sorceress fell beneath to land on her side onto the stone floor. a knife embedded in her leg, and sending volts of electricity thru her body. the shock waves didnt allow her to move much, even to lift up and pull the stupid blade from her leg.
worse, as the sorceress began to die, the cavern around them shuddered. every labored breath weakened the ward holding back the water. her so called death would allow the place to fall apart and crumble the chamber around them.

the tunnels they had come thru began collapsing, effectively blocking those ways back. the glass around the gems (the room were the two are imprisoned and V is fighting) shattered dropping shards all over the floor and trying to impale anyone around. the gem's glow grew brighter, and anyone caught looking into it would become just like those on the shore of Teardrop Lake.

the wards of the prisons were weakening, yet not fast enough.

(someone not trapped) heard a hush whisper in their mind, not to look yet destroy the crystal. and quick before it grew too powerful.

Back in Bitterleaf, Pyoro the cleric spent praying each day for the success of the group who had departed. since they entered the lake, any scrying attempts had been lost. as he sat beneath the tree, something deep within himself stirred. a soft trobbing pain in his chest, then grew in intensity, taking the wind right outta him. he collapsed to a knee, hand on the tree for balance until the wave finished and he was normal again. Pyoro hurried to the scrying bowl and chaned the words to view the lake. soft rumbles beneath the earth could be felt for those sensitive to the minor tremors.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Back in the chamber, as the battle between Veraka's family and their infernal counterparts raged, the crystaline dome that imprisoned Adian began to glow ever more brightly. An odd sound began to come from it, a kind of ringing whine that increased in intensity. The crystal began to vibrate and crack, fragments falling to the floor.

Suddenly the dome seemed to explode. Shrapnel shards were cast all around the room in a brilliant flash of light. In the middle of the wreckage stood Adian...alive. At his feet was the crystal prison of the killing light...now grey and fractured in a hundred ways. The young drow stumbled and fell, his hands flying out to catch himself from hitting the ground. He remained on his hands and knees, disoriented as the last of the light from the deadly crystal faded out.

Adian looked around, but his eyes were unfocused, unseeing. His pupils were a milky white, burned from the intensity of the illumination. He had been rendered blind by the blazing light.

How he had survived, how he had destroyed the thing, was a mystery...one not likely to be answered as the caverns started to quake and crack.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

>>>>>>>>>>>> http://youtu.be/QdB3msFJWyM

Suddenly a bright light exploded throughout the room it blinded Cinder for a few moments but as her sight slowly was resumed she saw Adian he was still alive as she could only have hoped a rush of relief came over Cinder.
A chard had skimmed her leg but did not inbed itself. She rushed to Adain her sight was still a blurr but she could see that his eyes were milky white as she helped him to his feet.
" Can you hear me Adain are you allright " She asked holding him as the room was starting to crumble around them she spotted a alcove that offered some protection and lead him to it.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Cinder?" Adian said, his head turning towards her quickly. "Is it dead? I can't see, it's too bright in here."

She could now see that his right hand was smoking slightly. The gauntlet had been removed and was resting in his left hand, and his palm was the source. In the middle of his palm was the scarred-on image of Eilistraee's symbol...the image that had been burned into his hand when he'd used his holy symbol on the demon a few days back.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zyzaat saw the crystaline prison shatter, feeing Adian. He let out a sigh of relief, one problem was dealt with. Now he somehow had to stop the sorceress from dieing. Zyzaat hurried back through his created door, and knelt over the bleeding sorceress. He wasn't a cleric, and had no healing spells. He had only one spell that might work. Reaching into his pack, Zyzaat pulled out a small pouch, barely the size of his of a small coin purse. He pulled open the drawstring and emptied the glittering diamond powder over the fallen enemy and began chanting the long incantation for a spell to slow down time for her, a spell of temporal stasis.
Last edited by NathreeDe'Shezbron on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((the sorceress is more human looking than a drow, but oh well. lol
when V gets a chance to respond, then i'll move the RP on a bit more. or by next weekend.))

Zarae fought trying to get to the pulsating electric blade in her leg, "your gunna heal her after everything?" she manage to spit out between shocks of pain, not sure what the wizard was about nor what abilities he .
the blade held back alot of the blood, but the floor around her was still slick with it.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((Oh sorry :P I changed it :P))
Zyzaat completed his spell and shook his head, "This spell isn't meant to heal, it will only keep her in a magical cocoon of stasis. She shouldn't bleed out for a day's time. However I can't cast this spell again, the components are devilishly expensive, and hard to come by."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder held her hand gently over Adains smoking hand giving him some releif then both hands over his eyes her healing abilities were limited and Adains eyes were quite damaged. "It may take me a wile to heal your eyes Adain if indead i can you seem to be blinded from the blast of light your eyes are milky " she said affectionatly
" This crazy witch seems to have put a spell on our unborn as well as Neriah and Verakes I am not sure if she is dead Zyzaat is trying to revie her so we can try and find out what she has done " Cinder lead him to the other room were Zyzaat stood over the evil women. " perhaphs he can link with her mind to extract what she has done Oh Adain i am so frightened she said that when they were born ... " her words trailed off and she begain to cry into his chest as they both stood beside Zyzaat.

((( I will be there next post Zerae it looks like i am the only one around to help heal your wounds or do you have healing for got now ... what level are you ? )))

Happy new year ya all
http://youtu.be/vEBvo8Y4ZIY>>
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyzaat chuckled "Ahh... no I can't link with her mind... or do much of anything to her really. That spell practically takes her out of our time and just about out of our reach. The best I could do would be to dispel it, but then she would be dead soon. Now we could easily lash her onto the back of our paladin friend..." Zyzaat looked around for Veraka, and kept talking, "The good side effect of this particular spell is that while she is so incapacitated..." He drew his sword and made a wild swing at her neck, the blade bounced off with a metallic clang, "There really isn't much that can hurt her."

Zyeke
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((You can ask for it, you know... I don't want it.))
Zyzaat sheathed his sword, and stood up, looking around, "Is our paladin friend still fighting that she-devil? Last I checked he was pretty angry. Isn't that a bad thing for one in his vocation?"

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Yes I think it could be detrimental to him Zaz maybe someone should try calm him befor he gets himself into trouble. Cinder held the amulet around her neck summoning her grandmother with in moments a swirl of blue lights appeared Lady Suru stood there as the lights subside.
In an istant she read Cinders thoughts and knew what the summon was about. " Go heal your friend Cinder leave me to this witch " I will be back for you Adain Zeara is bleeding seriously Suru is here beside you. " Cinder wispered in his ear. Take this my dear Suru tore a peice of her shift handing it to Cinder " now hurry before the girl bleeds to death. " Suru looked at Adain tearing another piece of her shift she handed it to him cover your eyes my son I will be a moment with this viel creature.
She moved her hands over the womens body " she is an agent of a Ilothian high preistess she tor off the sleve of the womens gown there on her shoulder was a tatoo she is from the far north. I will have to do some research on this creast. That is all i can tell you she said to Adain standing there in some kind of dazz.
She stood up and tide the cloth around his eyes then placing her hands over his eyes she sang out a healing spell. " You have had some serious damage done here Adain if you do regain your sight it will take some time. "