Shores of Despare (part 7)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Re: Shores of Despare (part 7)

Post by veraka »

At first glance, Sanisa looked at the wizard and caught her breath when Zyzaat opened his eyes, revealing blue flames within them.

The archangel raised a questioning brow to Zyzaat, before smiling at his bantering remark; "Zyzaat, I'm very glad you were right; for if you weren't, I'd be most disgruntled about having to blast you apart, only to have to revive you an instant later."

Sanisa then gave a quizzical glance to Suru; an elf, of all folk on Faerun, is the [b:vokbh8gh]last[/b:vokbh8gh] person the celestial expected to have vanity issues about her land and property.

"Suru; I expect an elf, especially one from Evermeet, to be less concerned about their house and more about mastery of the arcane arts? Please elaborate on how this makes you so different?"

It was then that Sanisa noted the light 'thud' that emanated from the hallway; She turned and gave a curious look towards the doorway, finally noticing Adian trying to make his way inside, or what she assumed was inside the library. The Solar strode over to the young paladin, placed her hand on his shoulder, and spoke; "Adian; do you need assistance to get to wherever you seek to go?"

==================

Veraka looked up at Zarae as the drowess stared intently at the flames dancing in the fireplace; "memories coming back?" the paladin asked, still hugging Neriah, but allowing his voice to carry over to the drowess.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

((( :lol: Adain that was a good one and it is not a tent << )))

" It is not my lands that i have vanity isues my land is but my lifes work I have spent most of my youth learning the magic i need, althow i can always find some time for it when moved to do so. I love the mountains I love the people i work with therein most of which are my family. It is my skin I spoke of and it was a joke more than anything although I am quite fond of my skin i must admit. " Suru expained a slight musical tone to her voise.
" I hope you all can some day find time to spend some time there we love to have guests." She invited. Suru stood and gave the Solor a graceful curtsy spreading the skirt of her green velvet gown. " I can't say i am like most moon elves I am one unto my own, i love my own well but I like to break the mold from time to time just to keep things interesting. " she said with a mischievous smile.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Cinder came rushing in behind Adain dressed in her winter armor and white fur boots
" I would thank you not to sneak out like that on your own Adain, I was almost ready who knows what trouble you could find yourself in " she demanded.
Cinder Curtsies to the Lady Suru and the beautiful Solor that allways seemed to leave her breathless when she came into he presants. She lead Adain to a couch and sat down with him. " What have we missed and what are you up to now Zyzaat what ritual do you speak. " Cinder said rapping her arm around Adains.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zyzaat didn't answer, instead a different voice sounded in Cinder's head, "Your friend is a little preoccupied. His recent transformation came with some complications. He felt that he needed to recover and sort things out. He sent me in his stead. Call me U-bod, I am a telepath. Now, where is that sorceress you picked up?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian remained standing now that he'd found the Solar.

"Lady Sanisa," he said. "I have a boon that I would ask of you. Cinder...[i:3ulxzcsm]our[/i:3ulxzcsm] children have been affected by something that this...evil witch did. I do not know what or how, but I beg for your help in removing this taint. I would also ask for your help with my eyesight, if I may dare. The light of that cursed crystal was so bright that my vision remains clouded even now."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae glanced up, a smile gracing her features as she pulled her boots off and set her piwafwi and belt atop them.
[color=#800000:1ynbbhuk]"yes and no. I been thinking over this...adventure I guess. I mean the sorceress' dagger in my leg reminded me of the year I was on the streets before heading to the rebel house. got into some trouble I couldnt get out of. ended up getting rescued by, oh what was her name? anyway, I was sorta remembering them and I think miss some of them. i know its been a couple month cycles, just...i dunno. its...[/color:1ynbbhuk]" looking back to he fire, "[color=#800000:1ynbbhuk]beside, it puts on a prudy good show[/color:1ynbbhuk]," she jested (about the fire). the rogue shrugged causally, "[color=#800000:1ynbbhuk]thoughts about yalls current situation[/color:1ynbbhuk]?"
==============
(([u:1ynbbhuk]feel free to keep chatting if desire as if still night or early morning[/u:1ynbbhuk]. also welcome to have a post of in the house and in relation to travel.

just posting this for those wanting to move on))

when morning came, and last things needed to be done (and what all else occurs :D) the group headed back twords the outpost. the weather was easy, the sun out and shining brightly. however the storm during their rest made the snow thick and the pace slower than desired. the group stopped for a quick bite after some grueling hours among some boulders right along the tree line.
then they were off again. the trip was relatively quiet in terms of danger, tho conversations and discussions of the cave, the sorceress, and what to do after they got back to town filled most of the time. the group found a group of trees to rest/sleep. the next day, was cloudy and windy, and thus colder.
they eventually reached the outpost, the men more than happy to see the group and hear of their success. however, no word or contact with Pyoro had been available. a snow storm arose keeping them bound for a few hours. the soldiers offered their beds for the group to stay until the storm passed.

(i'll pause here, and do another summary again in another post or two.))
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

Biot and Nix woke the next morning fully tested and got ready for the long journey.

Nix guided the group along a short cut she had heard of to the outpost. The short cut spared them at least 2 days of travel time. They just made it to the outpost before a storm hit.

Biot - Half Drow half ..... (Class: Dragonlord)
Nix - Drow (Class: Arcane archer)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka returned the smile; "You mean Lady Erelae and Lady Zarstra? I remember well, I was there too. You did what you did, and so did everyone else. Not a day goes by that I don't miss those Dark Dancers in the rebel house."

Surprising as it might be to the rogue drowess, the paladin recalls all the details in full color and recognition, even as he sits there stroking his wife's hair, and rubbing Aurora's fur with his other hand, the expression in his eyes said more than one could understand, save Zarae, who had been there when her house had fell, on the battlefield in the Underdark, Veraka had faced off with the enemy soldiers. If she could understand the feelings through one's eyes, Zarae would see that the aasimar knew how she felt; regret, sorrow, a pang of longing to see Erelae, and the rebels again.

"It wasn't just you under there, Zarae; I remember all of them, all of their faces, all of their fear, all of their joy. I miss them too, Zarae, I miss them too," the tone in his voice said it all.

"As to what's going on now, well, suffice to say, I didn't see that coming, I mean, Neriah having conceived, as well as Cinder, it really is something to wrap one's head around."

"Hey; remember, you wanted this too, Veraka.," Neriah quietly added, while stroking her husband's cheek. Aurora looked up at the two, then with a sighing 'GRUFF', plopped her head back down.

=============================

Sanisa merely listened to Adian, then gently placed her hand over his eyes; "Paladin of Eilistraee, move not one muscle." Right then, the her eyes glowed gold as divine, white energy from the heavens flowed through her.
"Lord Torm; grant me, your loyal and humble soldier, the power and grace to restore this young man's eyes to what they were. Lead him not with his restored vision, but with his heart and his soul. Let his eyes merely be the means to which he guides himself down the path of righteousness and humility," silver wisps and strands of magic encircled around Sanisa's arm, slowly making their way to Adian's covered eyes. Sanisa's command of magic was immense indeed, as Zyzaat had pointed out earlier.
"Loyal Fury, let this young warrior of the Dark Maiden see again, for not only his sake, but for those of his now conceived children; grant me this, here and now, Lord Torm." The divine magic wrapped around the Solar's hand and circled around Adian's head; the feeling was one of a tingling sensation, but with warmth and comfort all together. Sanisa then lifted her hand away from the paladin's eyes, her [i:325mb4wo]Healing[/i:325mb4wo] spell dissipating into the very air itself. Adian would find his vision restored to its original health.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" Can you see Adain !! " Cinder wispered hopfully.

Suru was at the breakfast table in the dinning room enjoying Zyzaat's lovely spread " come and sit down Cinder I think we need to have a little talk and Adain now that you can see maybe you could jion us " Suru said as she glared across the hall throw the two open doors at the young drow pladin
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"[color=#800000:h3ewpinw]Erelrae, yes that was her name[/color:h3ewpinw]," Zarae chuckled, "[color=#800000:h3ewpinw]she found me the day I was running through the streets when my house...[/color:h3ewpinw]" she paused, her eyes turning indigo as she thought about that day. It wast so much the loss of status, tho that was hard to adjust too, it was the loss of her twin brother and best friend. then to add to the pain, only to prove Lloth's curse true, she lost another friend when she and many of the others were forced to the surface glade when the rival city attack. She cleared her throat, yet her eyes kept the indigo color, "[color=#800000:h3ewpinw]I refused her the first time when we reached the gates of the house after all that mess, i wasnt thinking right, too angry, to sad, too...frustrated. Deep down I think she knew I wasnt ready, and let me go for that time. but now, I suspected she kept watch on me so she could fi...[/color:h3ewpinw]," then pausing in mid-sentance, "[color=#800000:h3ewpinw]you know, I still think its strange [i:h3ewpinw]you [/i:h3ewpinw]were there. of all places, a small city beneath the...[/color:h3ewpinw]" trying to remember the name of the mountains, [color=#800000:h3ewpinw]"Spine of the World[/color:h3ewpinw]?"

Zarae smiled at Neriah, admiring the love she saw in both of them, "[color=#800000:h3ewpinw]you might could blame him, after all, he's only a male[/color:h3ewpinw]," she jested to the fey'ri.
----------------
at the outpost during that time:

the guards brung their guest some food of their winter supplies and set it before them and welcomed them to eat. most were still uneasy about the drow, but at least this time they were tolerating them rather than being commanded to be kind. They even shared wine with the heroes, showing a big deal of respect for the drow( to them a cultural thing of honor).
those who didnt go to rest/sleep yet, a couple guards sat to ask questions, asked some of the heroes to share their stories, and even asked about this Dark Maiden that had been mentioned. the youngest still having trouble getting his mind around the fact of dhaerow redemption.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

When Adian's eyesight returned a feeling of relief flooded through him that was so strong that it made him realize how truely frightened he'd been at the prospect of permanent blindness. He sank to one knee before the Solar and kissed her hand.

"Thank you," he said with profound gratitude. "I swear I will work to be worthy of your kindness."

He turned to Cinder, a sight he'd been afraid he might never see again. He embraced her eagerly, burying his face in her shoulder and letting the tears flow.

At the guardpost, Adian was only too happy to explain about Eilistraee and her origins. He spoke with an eloquence that had been gathered from a lifetime surrounded by priestesses and followers of the Dark Maiden, and with a deep love that came from the bottom of his heart. The way his eyes shone when he spoke of her was at least as compelling as his passionate descriptions. He spoke of the hope she offered to those who had virtually none, and of the kindness he had experienced firsthand. The Dark Maiden was his first love, and it shone through in every word he spoke about her.
Last edited by Adian Novar on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

--at the outpost: --
they listened intently as Adian spoke so passionately, more than surprised at what they learned, yet still cautious to take everything at face value. as most believed, usually stories of non-evil drow were believed to be a plot to weaken defenses of the unsuspecting. yet, one of the guards, just found that rumor to be just as unlikely. in fact, several of them were before him now.

then one guard asked about the others, the non-drow of the group, trying not to sound so rude, but equally curious about a celestial giant and a demon looking elf. they had never seen one like her nor heard of her winged elves. had she not been with the (solar still around or she gunna leave for the jouney back?) celestial looking male, they might would have taken her for a demon. another asked about the obvious love between the two, the only female soldier among the group and to tell their story (how they met and came to be as their were.)
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder returned Adains embrace taking in a deep breath of releif.
She drew his attention to her grandmother sitting at the breakfast table her peircing eyes on Adain.
" How very nice " Suru said sinserly.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Nice?" Adian said. "It's wonderful! By the way...how did you find us in the middle of all that chaos down there?"

"Ah...I can't speak for my big friend," Adian said, looking to the Aassamar. "I think he'd be best to tell his story."
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Suru pulled out a chair beside her " come and jion me for breakfast I will be on my way very shortly i think we have some busness to discuss " Suru directed Adain.
Finding Cinder has become an art form for me for many years, her condition was brought to my attention I thought yourself and she might like to know. I admit my timing may not have been convenent but there you go." she admited.
" so what is your plan my young drow "

Cinder took Adains hand as he now lead her to the table and sat down
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"We...do?"