Shores of Despare (part 7)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Re: Shores of Despare (part 7)

Post by Biot-Savart »

Biot and Nix takes a seat at the table next to each other and see that no one is eating the rabbit meat they so thoughtful hunted and prepared. Not being accustomed to people waiting on them Biot and Nix each had their fill of the rabid and bread they brought. They were a bit uncomfortable being in such a big mansion, not ever being in such a place before.

"[color=#4000BF:12bsirq4]Thanks for your hospitality Zyzaat[/color:12bsirq4]" Biot says, while pouring himself some water from a jug.

While finishing her plate Nix edges herself closer to Biot and Whispers something in his ear and he nods back. "[color=#4000BF:12bsirq4]Nix says that she knows a short cut to the outpost that will take a 2 or so day of of our trip.[/color:12bsirq4]" Biot says while finishing his water. "[color=#4000BF:12bsirq4]But before we go, all of you needs to get some rest, Nix and I will take watch outside just to make sure everything is peaceful while you rest.[/color:12bsirq4]"

Biot - Half Drow half ..... (Class: Dragonlord)
Nix - Drow (Class: Arcane archer)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

(Lets just finish up. There doesn't seem to be much to do :P)
Zyzaat shook his head, "No need for that Nix and Biot, only the people I invite in can find the door. And we are in no particular rush, the sorceress is bound and very much helpless, I would consider this a fairly complete victory."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

"[color=#400080:nkfynede]Glad to hear that Zyzaat, I don't want to go out into the cold if I don't want to, and it seems like a storm is brewing outside.[/color:nkfynede]" Nix says while making herself comfortable close to the fire.

Biot goes to sit next to Cinder and Adain. "[color=#4000BF:nkfynede]So you are having twins? I knew there was something strong between the two of you, even long before I left! Congratulations! Hopefully we can find out what the sorceress has done to them, before its to late. I will help where I can.[/color:nkfynede]"

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyzaat followed Suru into the library and walked to a shabby looking cabinet in the back of the very extensive study. He opened it just enough to reach in with one hand, and feeling around inside pulled out a what appeared to be a very thick and heavy tome. It was wrapped in heavy cloth and Zyzaat carried the tome very carefully to a desk that stood in front of the cabinet. When the drow wizard placed the tome on the table and began to unravel its wrappings, an aura of palpable evil rolled through the room.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" It seems your rabbit followed you in Biot " Cinder teased. A plate appeared with the roasted rabbit piled on it . Cinder reached for the rabbit meat and some mushrooms looking around for some greens. " Thank you Biot " Cinder answered. " I am still in somewhat of a shock over the hole thing " Cinder explained " Adain here's brain is still slightly numb over his ordeal and the blindness just a bit more than usual " the drowess giggled taking a sip of the lovely wine Zyzazt provided.
" Zerae here did a beautiful job of well almost ending the Evil witches life only to have Zyzazt revieve her to try and find out what more about this curse. I am so very greatfull I fear that something awfull is happening to the twins at this moment " Cinder said holding back tears.

Suru sat in a comfortable chair looking throw a book of curses hoping to find something helpful when Zyzazt came in and found something that seemed to evoke some kind of evil.
Suru waved her hand and sang a small spell to protect herself and the others.
" what do you have up your sleeve now Mr Zyzzat " Suru asked curiously.

(( oops sorry Zerae forgot lets just say Meldrinus is with them then ))
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyzaat took off the cloth wrapping on the grimoire and glanced at Suru, "Sometimes, one lifetime just isn't enough. That curse of Adian's is just proof that magic takes more than one life time to master and explore. My mentor has had a millennium to poke and prod at the Weave and Mystra's laws, and still he does not know all." The drow opened the tome, lifting up the iron cover, and rifling through the leathery looking pages. The text in the book crawled across the pages, painted in a dark reddish-brown ink very reminiscent of dried blood. Obviously the book held dark magics dealing with the powers of undeath, "Tell me Suru, what do you know of liches?" The drow's red eyes held a dark gleam of mischief and excitement in them

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Thank you, Biot," Adian said. "And nothing will happen to them, Cinder. I won't allow it, blind or not. The Dark Lady will protect us, through her touch or by my blade.

"So the witch is alive," Adian said. "Somewhat unexpected, truthfully. If we can get her back to Bitterleaf then so much the better. We need to make it on foot to the outpost and then ride back...what was that?" Adian sensed the evil of Zyzaat's book even from where he was sitting. He looked around sightlessly for the source. "What is this? I thought it was over."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Since everyone is nice and cozied in, I'm just gonna keep the ball rolling.))
Veraka was not taken aback this time when Zyzaat threw down his tent.
Veraka, Neriah, Aurora and Sanisa entered the dwelling, only to find themselves shaken beneath their feet; "going for the old mages mansion he is," Veraka chuckled to himself about Zyzaat's magical tent.

The group accepted the bread from Nix and Biot, giving them their thanks and eating the food up swiftly. Neriah went over to Aurora, who was plopped down by the fire, and stroked the great wolf's fur, whilst Veraka marched over to Adian and Cinder. Sanisa took her leave of the room and joined Zyzaat and Suru.

========================

[quote:i3dj7wvh]"I am so very grateful I fear that something awful is happening to the twins at this moment "[/quote:i3dj7wvh]

Veraka overheard Cinder just long enough to decipher that much from her; "It will not only be the Dark Maiden that will answer those prayers. Bahamut will also fight alongside those whom need his aid." The paladin stepped up to Adian, noting thte fire in the young drow's eyes. "Plus, if anyone is going to be cursed here, it's me, as far as I'm concerned, and I aim to keep it that way."
"So long as I draw breath, no curse shall be permanent in its creation."

=========================

[quote:i3dj7wvh]"Tell me Suru, what do you know of liches?" The drow's red eyes held a dark gleam of mischief and excitement in them.[/quote:i3dj7wvh]

"Liches, hmm?" Sanisa asked, strolling into the room, a calm about her that was unnaturally powerful; "some of the strongest undead, very powerful; also very predictable, if you possess their phylactery, or know where to find it. Also, that most of the liches that I fought in the over several millenniums have been those wishing to attain a power that was either to strong or too wild for them to control." The clank of her mithral half-plate armor was rythymic, matching her strides perfectly. The Solar knew much about the undead, and had even more knowledge to give about them.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

"[color=#4000BF:181nwovx]I also feel something amiss.[/color:181nwovx]" Biot says seeing Adain's reaction. "[color=#4000BF:181nwovx]I wonder what they are up to in the library.[/color:181nwovx]"

Biot got up and walk to the door leading outside. "[color=#4000BF:181nwovx]I'm going to look where Zarae is. She has been outside a while and the storm is almost upon us.[/color:181nwovx]" As he approaches Zarae he hear her singing a beautiful song. "[color=#4000BF:181nwovx]I don't mean to overhear, but what is the song your singing and what is it about?[/color:181nwovx]" He asks Zarae.

Meanwhile Nix takes of her silver gem in crested bow and sheath of arrows and starts to clean them and examines them for any abnormalities while warming up in front of the fire. Just as she feels the energy coming from the library some of the gems on her bow starts to glow in a pattern. She tries to hide the bow and softly says. "[color=#400080:181nwovx]honglath harl b'luthyrr, olt er'griff Zyzaat lu' l' byrren bein xuil folbol[/color:181nwovx]". The bows glow slowly starts to fade.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyzaat nodded at the solar in greeting, "Hmm, for some that is true. But not for all. And liches are not the culmination of that journey... not by a long shot, although that has little to do with this particular tale. Oh, and it is good that you are here, Lady Sanisa, I would like your honest opinion about this idea of mine." Zyzaat stood the book up, turning it to face the solar. In the cover was embedded an actual human skull, although it had been magically shrunk to fit inside a slot for a jewel. "There are, in fact several categories of lich. Truthfully, most are the garden variety power hungry wizards too stubborn to lie in their graves peacefully. As I said before, the lich is not the end of that ritual. There is another step beyond that, called demiliches, and their lists of accomplishments will rival your own." Zyzaat looked at Sanisa, "But that is far, far beyond me. No, my interests lie in another branch of that family. An equally rare subset of liches become undead in order to guard, teach, or for some other such reason. Now then, those liches are called archliches, and they manage to hang on to their moral compass, such as it may be, and I need the tears of a solar as part of the ritual. Or I suppose a feather can serve as a replacement."

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

[quote:33ub30x7]Veraka overheard Cinder just long enough to decipher that much from her; "It will not only be the Dark Maiden that will answer those prayers. Bahamut will also fight alongside those whom need his aid." The paladin stepped up to Adian, noting thte fire in the young drow's eyes. "Plus, if anyone is going to be cursed here, it's me, as far as I'm concerned, and I aim to keep it that way."
"So long as I draw breath, no curse shall be permanent in its creation."[/quote:33ub30x7]
Adian's blinded eyes turned up to the big paladin and he reached out with his hand to try to take Veraka's.

"Thank you, my friend," he said. "You have no idea how comforting it is to hear you say that. I hesitate to ask your mother for a favor, but perhaps she could do something to help us."

This was going to be harder than he thought, Adian realized. The light from the terrible crystal had been one of the most agonizing he'd ever felt, even from looking up at the sun for the first time. How long was he going to be like this? The first bit of worry entered his mind as he began to realize how badly he would be hampered in protecting Cinder and their children.
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

Nix took out some herbs from her bag and started to mash them in a bowl she got from the table, adding a little bit of water, mixing it all together. After finishing she goes to where Adain and Cinder are sitting. "[color=#400080:2zktvo1l]Hello Adain, I hope you don't think I'm intruding, but this mixture of herbs should help a bit for your eyes. My father used them on me when he found me as a baby and I couldn't open my eyes in the sun. Within a few days, he said, I could open my eyes as normal in the sunlight. So this might help you a bit, even if its just to help with the pain. Just lay down your head on Cinder's lap, close your eyes and let her put the paste on you eyes. The longer it stays on the better.[/color:2zktvo1l] "

Nix then went back to sitting in front of the fire, keeping to herself.

CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" i know you will do every thing to protect them Adain and i have every confidance in you and our friends " She asured him. " This is all so new to me it is a bit overwelming "

Cinder smiled at Biot as he handed the herbs to Adain. " Perhaphs after dinner we can go to your rooms Adain and rest by the fire i can try Biots herbs on your eyes. "

Suru reached into her pouch and pulled out a dimond twice the size of her thumb nail and walked over to her new friend dropping it into his hand. " well now a lech i would rather not have to tangle with, unlessn I have to of coarse. I know this they are undead and can be very nasy indeed. "
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyzaat looked at the gem, turning it over a couple time in his hands, "What is this for?" His eyebrow raised as he looked at Suru, "Although this could make a rather nice phylactery... If Sanisa consents." A warm smile creased his face, "Without the help of a solar, or other celestial power, the ritual would likely fail, and I would be in a rather nasty pickle."

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" My great grandchildren are in that oven " Suru winked. " I know that dimond dust does not come by one easily " she streightend the front of her dress then returned to the comfortable chair. "I have a very successful merchant ship that frequents many ports, I have a speical place in my heart for the gem market. " Suru rised her right brow with a slightly hidden giggle. " My husband was quite the sea faring adventurer in his day rest his wily soul "