Time to Go to School

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn nodded at the information, it was impossible to tell whether he was pleased or not with the news. He simply crossed his arms, and turned around, cloak flapping in the desert wind.
Inrii could detect no magic from the hieroglyphs on the pillars, they seemed to be simple carvings on the stone, her true seeing did, however, reveal a small seam in the column, like a door, or a cover piece. But before she could take any action, the fake stone slid down, revealing a small cubby where two men sat. Both wore masks over their face, making their identities impossible to catch. One turned to look at Inrii, but his eyes focused on Elwyn. His fingers twitched, and the second man leapt into action. Elwyn barely had time to turn around before a pair of chain wrapped around his body, and with horrifying cracks tightened. As the chains loosened, Elwyn slumped to the ground, like a puppet with its strings cut.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

(( so.. whats going on... I thought Elwin and Hespa split from Z and I.))
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((No no, we are all in the general area of the ruins. And Elwyn just got pwned... I'm letting you guys write before Zyeke does nything))
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

(( Have you read Hespa's sheet? There have been several things that should have went differently based on items on the sheet. such as Danger Sense in this case.
Granted few dms would WANT to pay attention to all her permanent effects. ))
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((There was no danger to her.... or something like that... this is mostly for Elwyn, not Hespa))

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((well when i read the last post before, there was little for Inriia to react to. but i see now that it was edited and more add...))

the sorceress had her magical protection up as the human was nabbed up quickly by chains. She had an offensive spell on her lips just ready to cast should they attack her. but their interest seamed more to the human who was now slumped on the ground.
"should I ask who you ticked off now?" she said in the human's tongue still ready to strike if their was any hint of danger to herself.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"I wouldn't travel with that human, he will only lead you to your deaths." The chain weilding man made his way back to the pillar, moving slowly.
"Has he even told you what it is you four are trudging through the desert for?"

The masked man laughed,

"Well, I suppose it's too late now. You fools are all going to die!"

His arms rose again, fingers dancing, and the chains now leapt in Hespa's direction, attempting to wrap around her body.

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

Hespa was amused for a moment. But when they decided to go after her, Hespa lost that bit of entertainment.
Before the eyes of everyone, Hespa split in two as she shot out of the way as the other went the other way. In mirrored, practiced movements the two equally real Hespas turned gray, their bodies transmuting into hard metal yet perfectly living. Meanwhile her Psicristal went straight forward in a charge, It rippled and twisted and in a few moments a large Iron Golem was flying towards the newcomers with the momentum from when it shot forward as the small, speeding psicrystal.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((Newton just turned in his grave, and Einstien is having a party... Or crying... no one really knows with him... ANYWAYS))

The man raised his hand, and with what seemed like a supreme effort shifted it to the left. In response, the golem shifted ever so slightly, and ended up barreling past the column and into the sand just behind it.

The man continued laughing

"You fools, you don't even know what you are dealing with. All of iron is our playthings, now DIE." He spat the last word out, and directed his puppet to attack the Hespa that was closest to him. It raised a massive arm, and a trio of knives flew out of its palm, streaking for the drow.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((your gunna have to give a note when you edit. b/c i am so sure that when i read that before it was not attacking...and now its after Hespa...and im sure im not totally losing it that much))

Inriia realizing they were about to turn hostile and thus likely to attack, released a globe of impenetrable darkness between themselves without much of a thought.
Levitating up by the cover of the darkness spell she waited, the fireball still prepared and ready to go.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((Ah.. sorry, I usually edit right after I post it up. Seeing as I usually post while doing other stuff :P))

The man's head snapped towards the direction of the sound of casting. One hand came to point in the direction of the sound, and the other man suddenly split in two. One half kept pursuing Hespa, and the other flew towards Inrii, its legs flailing wildly, spikes erupting along the lower limbs.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((no problem.
and since darkness and levitation is a racial spell i dont think it would have sounds since verbal commands aint needed.))

the chains aimed for her fell short by grapling underneath her. it was enough for her to decide to release the fireball, the quick words rolling off with ease.
the small beads of energy flew from her fingers and became a large fireball hitting the area around the attackers.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((You cast a fireball spell... right? Or am I just seeing stuff?))

The fires of the spell immolated the puppet. The wood burned away to cinders withing moments in the blast of flame. The man gasped in shock,
and reflexively pulled back, just then realizing that he was in a cubby. The remnants of the fireball washed over him, igniting the clothing he wore. The man's screams tore through the desert wind. The part of the puppet that pursued Hespa fell useless to the ground.

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

(( Sonofa, I can't believe I forgot... I of all people *facepalm*:
You know Iron Golems are[i:1t68xz44] Immune[/i:1t68xz44] to magic right? In case your thinking, or this was, Psionics, Its been defined already that Psionics and Magic are blurred here, as with the True Seeing VS Meta ))
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((This is physics: iron is iron is magnetic. Physics trumps magic.))

As the flames cleared in the cubby, the extent of the damage to the man's body became clear. Almost all of his clothing had been burned off, and it seemed a miracle he was still able to breathe, as the skin on his chest had been almost totally burned away.

Zyeke carefully walked towards the assailant, wary of traps, even though his eyes told him it was no illusion, but after fighting Hespa his faith in his abilities had been slightly shaken.
Placing a hand on the man's chest, Zyeke poured ki into the man, hoping to seal at least some of his wounds, and stabilize the man's condition. Yet it was obvious that the monk wasn't skilled enough a healer to assist the man in any major way.

Shakily the man raised his head, the brown eyes already beginning to lose their light.

"Despair, you fools. I am not the last you shall fight, nor am I the strongest. Hound our master at your own peril, the sphinx's guardians are more powerful than I, and you have already lost your guide." The man fell into a fit of coughing. Taking a deep breath he mustered up the last of his will, and weakly spat in the Inrii's direction. Then he slid down the wall of the cubby, obviously dead.

Zyeke