Time to Go to School

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((hiya. im up for it, tho its zazzt's and still waitin on him to post))
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

((Lol, the more the merrier :D ))
Elwyn back flipped out of the burning building. He sighed, and with a snap of his wrist, the two puppets flew out of the burning building. Their clothing was mostly tatters, and burns that would have probably killed a living opponent abounded on their bodies. But they still retained their earlier range of motion.
Just as the storm of ice descended upon him, with a flick of his fingers, Elwyn once again vanished under a curtain of writhing iron sand. The ice that hit hit shield cracked and splintered into a soft snow that quickly melted in the heat of the desert. The iron sand writhed and twisted, its shape changed into a whip. His eyes scanned the surrounding buildings, looking for the talented drow caster. He chuckled, "You wizards and your love of running." He sighed and kept on speaking in the drow tongue, "Tracking isn't my strong suit, but I think I can spare some time to play this game of cat and mouse. I should warn you, I hardly play fair." A wicked smile creased his face, and with a grand sweep of his arm, the whip of iron barreled through the houses surrounding Elwyn. With a creak of wood, those houses crumpled to the ground, leaving Elwyn at the epicenter of a 5 foot clearing, his eyes continuing to scan around him.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii was on another building out of range of the collapsing one. a wicked smile, they were gunna destroy this human city at this rate. oh what fun! another less cest pool. and she could take credit for the most part.
Near the city wall, she stopped and put on the black velvet half mask on as he called out.
fair? ha. what was fair. She was drow after all.
"t'yin xuat ulu fallkip, jaluk." throwing her voice as well as sending it more to his mind than anything.
she pulled out tiny tarts, throwing them at the wizard and waved the small feather while speaking the words of Hideous Laughter.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn heard the voice in his mind, and felt the magics pricking at his mind. He shrugged them off with hardly a thought, but still laughed, "Oh you wish to be amazed then?" His laughter grew into a roar of mirth, and his eyes gleamed with a wicked light. The few remaining inhabitants of the area decided that it was best to not push their good fortune any longer. They scurried off as fast as possible into their various shelters. Elwyn hardly paid them any attention. There were a pair of people who didn't run, but Elwyn barely spared them any thought apart from their strange behavior. Perhaps they were allies of that ever elusive sorceress, but with that fleeting thought, his attention turned back to the fight at hand.
He was pleasantly impressed, he had not expected to meet anyone who was so able to go toe to toe with him. He was confident that this sorceress would prove invaluable in his mission. Besides, if he was lucky, she might also have a few trinkets or spells that allowed her to locate a specific person. He shrugged, but his train of thought was interrupted by the clank of armor, and the hiss of drawn steel behind him. The city guard had finally made its presence known. Nearly two score armed guardsmen clambered over the rubble, rage in their eyes, and scimitars and khopeshes gleaming in their hands.
Elwyn only sighed, and his fingers twitched, the puppets that stood idle by his side leaned forward slightly. "Peace brothers, I am simply protecting myself." He spoke in the desert tongue, "A drow attacked me, a powerful sorceress. She hides in some buildings in this area."
His efforts seemed to have little effect on the angered guardsmen, one stepped forward, "You are under arrest, for causing a major disturbance-" The rest of the sentence was lost, as the iron sand wrapped around his neck, and crushed the man's windpipe, and snapped the vertebrae like a twig. The man dropped like a sac of stones, and in a flash of lightning Elwyn vanished, only his two puppets standing inert amidst the guards.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the clamor of the city guard, the young drowess rolled her eyes. she wondered when they'd finally show up and add to the game...which is what this was to her. and what more fun to add more pieces?
a large tower along the city wall with only a few guards was spotted.
'[color=green:jr2p0k3y]perfect[/color:jr2p0k3y]'
scaling the stone with ease and still in her invisibility, she scrambled across to the tower leaping up into it and landing in perfect silence. 2 guards stood leaning to watch the scene below and their distraction was perfect. Serpents Sting, her most recent acquisition, came up, a quarrel already in the chamber. a click and it found it place in the neck of the first guard. his body slumped, the sleep poison already working. the other, seeing his partner fall turned but only caught a bolt in the shoulder. His own body falling unconscious atop the other.
seeing down into the cleared area and the guards closing in, the sorceress conjured up a fireball and released in among the guards and wizard.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn's eyes traced the path of the bead of fire as it soared out from a guard tower just above where he hid in the shadows. He used no magic, but he was more than confident no one could find him. He smiled, and with a complex motion of his fingers, the elven and drow puppets leapt up into the air, narrowly avoiding the blast that proceeded to roast the vast majority of the guardsmen. Elwyn mentally applauded the radius of the blast, and silently nodded, "Oh yes, she will definitely prove useful." He thought to himself. His fingers continued their dance, and the puppets flew towards the tower where Inrii hid. Through their eyes he saw the unconscious guards, but otherwise he couldn't see where the ever elusive sorceress had vanished. With his other hand, Elwyn's halfling puppet silently scaled the guard tower, its dark form all but invisible against the shadows cast by the now setting sun. Alarms and shouts rang out throughout most of the district, if not the city. Obviously this game was becoming costly, and soon the militia would be summoned. Indeed, to someone from a high vantage point, parts of the city seemed as if a flowing river of drawn steel. Continuing this fight any longer would only result in the deaths of hundreds, if not thousands, of innocent city folk. Most importantly, it would also probably result in their being captured and most likely paraded throughout the city streets before a slow an painful death in the dungeons of Memnon.
The jaws of the two puppets opened, and Elwyn's voice clearly rang out from their mouths, "Well done, Dark Mistress, I see Lolth has you in high esteem. You have more than impressed me, and while I would indeed enjoy a continuation of this, I fear that it would not be in either of ours best intrests. Your spells must have been sorely depleted. I would be honored if you would assist me in recovering what was taken from me."
While Elwyn spoke, his gaze never left the two humans (I mean Baravar's characters), and how they had not ran from this obviously dangerous fight, perhaps they too might prove useful. Though they too would also be tested.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii crossed her arms seeing the puppets coming to do the human's work of course. Below the chaos and confusion and trouble growing.
[quote:gkvjwcwz]Well done, Dark Mistress, I see Lolth has you in high esteem. You have more than impressed me, and while I would indeed enjoy a continuation of this, I fear that it would not be in either of ours best interests. Your spells must have been sorely depleted. I would be honored if you would assist me in recovering what was taken from me." [/quote:gkvjwcwz]
The first statement, again as before, erked her more than anything. her fingers itching to set the puppets on fire. if the human knew anything of the drow religion, the mask on her face signaled she was [i:gkvjwcwz]not [/i:gkvjwcwz]a follower of Lloth. ((since this is very early in her life, before Vale of Shadows, she slightly more faithful in religion/worship. but not much))[/size:gkvjwcwz]
"call me a spider-kisser again, and I will release every spell on your sorry hide," she said in the common tongue so there was no confusion or mistake. "I have plenty more forthcoming. now, if the rivvil wants to speak of a truce or job, tell him to come himself and not his lacky."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The puppets chuckled, though this was Elwyn's laugh.

[color=red:2s7q7j8n]"Hm, I do so enjoy a wizard with a sense of ego. Very well, you wish to speak to me, and I suppose you have more than earned that right." [/color:2s7q7j8n]

A flash of lightning stuck the ground behind Inrii in the tower, and grew into a door, through which Elwyn stepped.

[color=red:2s7q7j8n] "Greetings, milady. Your skills with spells have greatly impressed me." [/color:2s7q7j8n]

He bowed, and with the same motion, his fingers twitched, causing the three puppets he had summoned to disappear in puffs of smoke. He straightened, and looked at the drow sorceress, despite her invisibility, due to his necklace of true seeing.

[color=red:2s7q7j8n]"You know, I am very glad that the rumors of the magics of the drow hold true. It will be a great honor, should you help me in my affairs with my clan."[/color:2s7q7j8n]

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

The young drowess turned as the magical energies gathered behind her for the dimensional door (right?). tho her arms were in the crossed neutral position, her hand was on the hidden blade in her bracer/glove.
her foot tapped, not caring about impressing him, just waiting for him to get to his point. (she's gunna be a tad bit "upset" about calling her a spider-kisser for a while).
"get on with it," she replied to the bow.
[quote:fj3m07v2]"You know, I am very glad that the rumors of the magics of the drow hold true. It will be a great honor, should you help me in my affairs with my clan." [/quote:fj3m07v2]
"and? whats in it for me? why should I help you rivvil?" still speaking in his tongue.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn raised his hands in a jovial manner,
[color=red:unfji1m8]"Well, I suppose there is the possibility of treasures from the ancient lands of Netheril, and Shoon that can be plundered from the various tombs we will probably have to trudge through." [/color:unfji1m8] He shrugged, [color=red:unfji1m8]"However, I had thought the the promise of intellectual discovery would please a scholar such as yourself on its own."[/color:unfji1m8]

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the young drowess thought it over, intrigued at the idea. She had been told to wait in the stinking city, but for what she didnt know. maybe this was what Mayindia had intended? She'd need to leave a note of sorts. a stop by a Jaelre ally would work well enough, tho finding them would be slightly harder. no doubt the slums were a large place and the thieves' guild difficult to find.
"Alright," she started, "I might consent to this, rivvil. what's the catch? to ask clearly implies a catch."
her ears were listening to the shouts below of guards and confusion. shouts to find the trouble makers. the guards on the floor would be out for a while, so Inrii wasnt concerned for the time being.
"and second, I suggest you learn the differences between us ilythiiri. not all follow that spider queen," said spit with contempt, hatred twords Lloth clearly obvious. "Today, I am in a slightly forgiving mood."
'[color=green:3ceedu76]as long as he is useful,[/color:3ceedu76]' she thought to herself.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn chuckled.
[color=red:3b0lswe1]"Why thank you. Your mercy surprises me"[/color:3b0lswe1] He hopped up to squat on the wall of the guard tower, [color=red:3b0lswe1]"Well, it should be fairly obvious that my experience with drow is fairly limited."[/color:3b0lswe1]

The cloth mask obscuring his face fluttered with his laughter, [color=red:3b0lswe1]"There is no catch, per se. Rather the need for haste. I have lost something of importance to me, and I would very dearly like it back."[/color:3b0lswe1] He picked at his fingernails.
[color=red:3b0lswe1]"However, it will be fairly hard for a single person to retrieve. Any other trinkets we may chance upon are yours, unless it catches my fancy. In that case,"[/color:3b0lswe1] He looked up, his green eyes sparkling with mischief.
[color=red:3b0lswe1]"I would be more than happy to fight you for it. Honestly, it has been quite a while since I've had that much fun."[/color:3b0lswe1]

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

The young drowess shrugged a 'whatever'.
"I need to stop at the thieves guild in the slums and drop a message."
She waved a hand to imply her willingness to get moving. Then casting the spell again, her skin took a brown shade (disguise) as she looked back down at the confusion and chaos below.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((Hmm... I give Baravar 4 more days... I figure if he doesn't post within that time... lets just pretend he has the ninja skills of Jesus, and has managed to tail us, should he come back))

Elwyn nodded, and waved her forward.

[color=red:j0gm20sb]"Fair enough. Though I must ask, what guild. I fear we might have some trouble with the guild responsible for this area..."[/color:j0gm20sb]

He pointed down into the rubble of the buildings they had destroyed. The Inrii's fires had spread, and now raged throughout the rubble, if they werent put out soon, the whole city might very well burn down, in the dry desert air.

[color=red:j0gm20sb]"Although I had wished you could have avoided setting fire to the place. Not much water to control a blaze, and sand can only do so much, you know."[/color:j0gm20sb] He raised his hands, [color=red:j0gm20sb]"You... uh... might want to get out of this place, the guard will be swarming all around here, after what I am going to try."[/color:j0gm20sb]

His hands wove in circles, and the iron sands in his gourd became a small whirlwind. It flew out of the tower, and began to smother the flames, covering the blazing wood, cutting off the oxygen. Then it would move on to the next building. Obviously, this drew some attention, and the abnormality of the situation was further assured by the duo of puppets, standing in the middle of the blaze without a move, as the skin on their limbs slowly but surely burned off. However, before it became too obvious, they both vanished in puffs of smoke, along with Elwyn's puppet on the wall.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the young drowess let a smirk creep on her face at his question. The guild itself was a cover for what was really going on. But all that didnt matter anyway.
"Night Mask," adjusting her own mask slightly, "Small inconspicuous group in the slums. It wont take long. As for trouble, I'm not all that worried."
She was already in a spell, vanishing from normal sight with a small laugh- almost crazy. Inrii then was moving, out of the tower with a jump, when the human began his spell. Activating her levitation she landed softly among the crowds and was off in seconds.

The slums were not active as normal. One or two passed the invisible girl, but it was nearly quiet. the busiest place was the small 'well'. a few woman were gathered filling up large clay jugs. many of the buildings were dilapitated, barely together. a small marketplace stood in a large clearing, piles of rubble all around.
Away from the majority of the problems, Inrii turned down the alley, tween two run down buildings. the shade of the building as well as cover was perfect. hidden in the darkness she saw it, the slightest marker showing her she was in the right place. The door was hidden, but her keen eye spotted it. Looking around to make sure none spotted her, she knocked an irregular pattern softly. a small tiny window in the door slid, an emerald iris peeked. spotted the girl and the velvet across her face, then closed the window. the door creaked slightly asking for a password.
Inrii crossed her arms, tapping her foot. then she held up her hand showing a silver band. She then turned her hand, palm upward fingers curled.

Inside, four armored men, two humans, 1 half elf, and one cloaked elf.
"ah, princess," the dark rapsy tone sarcastic, "you grace us with your presence. I revived word to expect someone sometime. tho you are early by my calculation."
"I wont be long. I just need to leave a message. But he sends his greetings to you as well. This," pulling a small bag out of her own pack and handing it to the elf, "is yours."
opening it to look, he remained silent. then quickly closed it and handed it to the half elf who took it and departed.
"satisfied? Theres more, but he will deal with it personally. They will be ready in 4 days."
"very well princess. I am sorry your visit cant last longer. I an starting to really enjoy this," he replied stepping closer to her. Inrii narrowed her crimson eyes, her fingers ready. He turned to circle her, a hand brushing her hair to smell it. It look every bit of discipline not to react, to not attack for touching her. Her mind was on edge of panic mixed with rage and growing hatred. it had been over a year since the incident. but she still hadnt gotten over it.

She wrote the message in her tongue and left it with the the heavily armored elf. He took it and slid it into a pocket in the armor then bowed to the drowess.
Inrii exited the building less than 10 minutes later. and headed to the tents of the marketplace, a deep scowl on her face.