Time to Go to School

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((still no word? or deciding to not do this one anymore?))
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

((Idk where he went... OK with a retroactive removal? Lol, actually I'm just going to do that.))
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((your DM...))
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((Hmmm... well I guess that's that. If he wants in again, he can hop in again...))

Elwyn and Inrii manganed to secure a pair of cammels. Now the two made thier way across the desert. The how of the appropriation was something that was left to Elwyn, and he never cared to elaborate on it.
Before the sun had risen above the horizon the two had already made fair progress, traveling a mile or so, the pace leisurely, to conserve the animals' strength for the day time portion of their trek. Elwyn would occasionally glance in the direction of the sorceress who had so impressed him. She seemed hardly over 20 years, but for the drow she could very easily be over 200, and to the human eyes of Elwyn she would look no different.
Despite the earliness of their departure, it seemed as if she seemed none the worse for wear. About two hours later, the two passed the skeletal remains of a caravan. The wagon had been mostly stripped of all goods, only a small box remained, the bandits either missed it, or assumed it was not worth the effort. The sides of the wagon itself had also been removed, wood being such a rarity in the desert, only the supporting timbers were left, too bulky for the light traveling bandits. Elwyn, however, signaled a halt, deciding this was as good a place as any to rest and have a short water break. He lithely hopped off, and turned to Inrii, offering her a gloved hand.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((taking a break from study, but i'll be slow this week, finals week.
can say he had something come up for them to deal with or got captured. as either of us wouldnt care to rescue.))

the sorceress remained rather quiet, despite the trouble that the desert was. she was not use to the warm climate of the far south. half way thru, she had used a spell that protected against extream temperatures (resist energy i think). but there was little she could to about the brightness of the sun hitting the sand and reflecting into eyes made for the darkness. her hood stayed over her face to provide shaded relief the whole time.

the distance was something, tho the possibility of seeing a mirage was real. drawing closer proved otherwise. she hopped down, not needing his help, landing rather quietly as only an elf would. a few motions to dust herself off before pulling a dagger. the windy curvy blade might remind one of a sacrificial dagger, tho it had not the typical designs of a priestess'. instead it was of mixed metals in a swirly pattern with a simple wrapped black clothed hilt, the wave in the blade's edge made to do maximum damage than for ceremonious purposes.

Looking around she was careful for tricks, but moved to investigate the wreckage. kneeling down to check the box, she did a quick search for traps as well as what could be seen (in true seeing).
"rather desperate for [i:3cw97n9p]wood[/i:3cw97n9p]. thats not something one sees often."
the wagon must not have been from the city they left, but a trader, visitor, or refuge.
a broken chuck of rusted metal was lifted with the edge of Dancing Shiv. just then a side-winder struck at the hand close by. Inriia's quick reflexes saved her from the poisonous fangs, the metal moving up then caught as its head returned back closer to its body. the young drowess smiled, tempted to 'play' with it.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Inrii's search only revealed the most basic of wards, a simple spell to lock the box, and another to blind the person who opened it, if there was no key. As to the contents of the box, it seemed as if nothing could be gleaned. Inrii's spell failed to confirm or deny whether the box was full or empty, much less the nature of the item.

[color=red:dyl3drnl]"Indeed they are. Look around, do you see a forest? Wood is a rare commodity in the desert, believe you me."[/color:dyl3drnl] He pointed at the box, [color=red:dyl3drnl]"I doubt that is anything of importance."[/color:dyl3drnl]

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

((Alright... I'm just jumping in, rather blindly I might add. Using Psionic Hespa rather then Mix. There are some significant changes between the two. feel free to give me a heads up if you don't like the character or something.))

Hespa saw the town in the distance, It was as dried up as she heard. The Oasis it was centered on dried up literally overnight sometime ago. The people were sluggish, most of them unable to afford passage out, it was far from the aid of other towns or cities. Dipping into the ethereal plane, she made herself invisible as she flew down into the center of the town. Her dragon form wasn't exactly gargantuan, But it was big enough she would have had to navigate carefully or she'd work up some disturbances in the sand or surrounding booths if she was not capable of ethereal shifting.
The Town was only worse up close. Several people were laying motionless in what little shade they could find and few parents could be seen with small portions of water they managed to store before the oasis dried up.
Now, Hespa knew what these people needed right now. And she had only two Water powers.
[i:2ceug0cn]I'm sure these people don't want water enough to drowned in it[/i:2ceug0cn] So the obvious choice was her clerical ability. Moving to an abandoned allyway, She reverted back to her Drow form. Unfortunately, that would stand out too much here, Using Metamorphisis, she changed herself into a common human. A few manifestations of True Creation, and she had herself a cart full of jugs. With a single casting of Create Water she was able to fill eight gallons of clean water. Pleased with herself, she wheeled her cart into the Square. Three heads already turned to the sound of the sloshing liquids. Rolling to a stop, she called.
"Water! Come get a clean cup of water, fill your waterskins, fill your buckets! Line in an Orderly fashion, please! Theres plenty!" She wished she knew Suggestion, for a moment she thought she'd be attacked. That wouldn't have ended well. But thankfully, the people were still sane enough to run forward, pushing around to form a line carrying buckets or goatskins. Some didn't, like enthusiastic kids. But a few under the table castings of Creation solved the problem. It was a long while since she last felt such Hope and Joy in thanks.
She was glad she came. Not far off was a raised plateau.. She might have use for that later in her quest to turn this town around.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((welcome!))

Leaving the snake along, she placed the debris back. "that was a rhetorical statement," she said dryly re-sheathing Dancing Shiv into its place. her searching saw the box, and the wards. before doing anything, she pulled her waterskin out drank some of its fresh cool water. She wasnt sweating yet, tho the all black she decided wasnt going to work very well much longer. a quick disguised spell, and she was dressed for the desert, simple light clothing of a sandy color, and a turban (i think its called) to protect her eyes.
"possibly, tho someone went to some trouble to seal it up."
just because, she cast a quick dispel on the box and out of curosity watched what happened. of course, she was good at disarming traps (a rogue can use disarm on wards, tho they have a penalty generally in doing so), assuming she cared enough.
"this location, am I to know more of it?"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((uumm ok then..))
The magical energies of the other spell washed over her, a spell meant to paralyze the target, but it was fairly weak, and Inrii shook it off with hardly any effort.
Elwyn didn't realize what she was doing and shrugged,
[color=red:2fjyn39v]"This place has no importance in and of itself. Simply a trade route between Memnon, and an outskirt village. That is where we are headed. They have an oasis there where we can rest during the noon hours, and proceed once the sun is not as hot."[/color:2fjyn39v] He was acutely aware how strenuous it was to travel during the noon hours, suffering the full blast of the sun's heat.
[color=red:2fjyn39v]"Are you ready to continue on?"[/color:2fjyn39v]
Last edited by NathreeDe'Shezbron on Tue May 10, 2011 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((well, i hadnt actually opened it, just dispelled magic dealing with the wards.))
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The village was in an uproar, in response to Hespa's cries of clean water, almost every available container was brought out, expecting to be filled. Children did their best to beg extra out of this stranger. After the initial uproar died down, Hespa noticed a single figure who had stood to the side of the whole ordeal, his dark skinned hand gripped a white staff, the very ends of which seemed to turn a duller gray. As the lines thinned, the man stepped forward, his hood was up, but he spoke fluent drow, his inflection clearly of Menzoberanzir origin,

[color=blue:3u286c0i]"What do you think you are doing? Consider yourself fortunate this did not turn into a stampede, for humans have certainly killed for less."[/color:3u286c0i]

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

(( True Sight or something (or his he simply of drow origin and that wasn't meant to be a "I KNOW WHO YOU ARE" sorta semi-threat)? Assuming a Cleric 5, druid 7, sor/wix 6 level spell could break a ninth level metamorphosis power. I believe he would actually see Hespa as a Dragon. Atomic dragons look much like [url=http://windows7themes.net/wp-content/ga ... g:2s0nrttx]this[/url:2s0nrttx], besides color, not a drow. Wait! pbp here run similar to tabletop, so I guess that means your DM. okeydoke))[/size:2s0nrttx]

"It would have been fine. I'm not doing this completely blind. I still remember the time I tossed a gold to a particularly needy beggar. He was instantly slain by his friend who ran off. That was before I could revive the dead of course. That 'Friend' is living detained twice over in his mind, and in a cell." She stopped her reminiscing to pour water for a little girl who came up to the side. When she ran off she continued.
"So yes, I know many creatures can kill for less. Such unlawful behavior, I would not stand however." Hespa leaned against the side wall just behind her cart, satisfied when the last customer came.
"Do you disapprove of me bringing water to this village? It was only a matter of time before someone else came who required payment. Now THAT would have been cruel. Support should come from the cities within a few weeks or so anyway."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((Well, I'm not sure about psionics, but TS gets through all illusions and what not... I would have to look up how it would go with psionics... and those pictures would scare children away, and the villagers would brand you a demon consort and drive you out with... hmm, what DO villages in the desert have...?))

The man waved his hand,

[color=blue:175k8owa]"No such thing, if I had magic, I suppose I would be doing much the same thing. The best I could do was contact the leaders of Memnon and alert them."[/color:175k8owa] He slightly raised the hood of his cloak, his elven nature becoming apparent. Couple with his dark skin, he was clearly a drow.
[color=blue:175k8owa]"Besides, I am surprised these these humans so readily accepted water from an outsider. They were wary of... well, I suppose they are still wary of me."[/color:175k8owa]

He chuckled, and bowed,
[color=blue:175k8owa]"Oh yes, forgive me, my name is Zyeke."[/color:175k8owa]

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

((There are optional rules that mesh Psionics and Magic. Otherwise there are different countermeasures for both. Such as "Null Psionics field" rather then "Antimagic field". Also, Shapechange/Metamophisis (Basically the same, just magic vs psionic) aren't illusions but actual change. thats why they both can tap into all the abilities of the creature they change to. However, TS can see the original shape of transmuted objects, so it would normally effect an altered shape. However, its that TS is a mid level spell while Shape/Meta is a level Nine spell/power.

What pictures?
Desert villages... have sand? wells. Sandy looking buildings... sand... more sand... ooh and camels!))[/size:m58yird1]

Hespa chuckled. "[i:m58yird1]Most[/i:m58yird1] people are wary of Drow. Having lived in the underdark myself for a while Its obvious why. So its only natural that when a hum- I don't mean to be racist - when a human comes in with water to quench their thirst they'd jump to the opportunity."
[i:m58yird1]A male drow. Who's rather nice at that. And here I was thinking I only escaped the drow mindset because of my blood.[/i:m58yird1] Hespa thought.
"My names Hespa. I'm a Cleric, if you didn't guess."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke smiled, she seemed civil enough.

[color=blue:3vz6a194]"I am a monk of Eilistraee. And that is the reason I live on the surface. I too am less than impressed with my bretheren. However, I was one of the few fortunate ones to have made it out alive.[/color:3vz6a194]

He waved over her wares,

[color=blue:3vz6a194]"The amount of water you have created is quite impressive, your god or goddess must hold you in high esteem."[/color:3vz6a194]

Zyeke