Dream Come True

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Postby veraka » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:15 pm

Veraka at first, turned about to see the odd human, with his drow flesh golem. The paladin narrowed his silver eyes upon the odd man with his golem. As an aasimar, Veraka was quite opposed to the use of flesh golems. Being a paladin and one of the Platinum Dragon, served to only reinforce his already deep-rooted disdain for the walking oddities.

When, however, the human summoned his walking golem, Veraka tensed a bit, placing an armored hand upon his sword, not drawing it, but nonetheless remained vigilant and stood his ground when the young boy went behind him, using him and his goliath size dragon scale armor as a shield from this newest traveler.

"Mister", he speaks low to Veraka, "what is that?"

"That, lad," he pointed towards the golem; "is a flesh golem."

What's with this one, Aurora asked through her connection with Veraka, sniffing the air as she did, then purposefully exhaling quickly, as the smell of both the new human and his golem were abhorred, to her anyways.


I'm not sure, but regardless, let's see first what his intentions are. Veraka, glanced about the human. His celestial granted vision allowed him to see the humans aura, which told him nothing that he had not already expected from the traveler to begin with.

To his question, Veraka replied "my business with the boy is as simple as keeping whatever problems have arisen in this area down; what of yours?"

At his full height, the towering aasimar looked upon the odd traveler as he revealed his desire for the reward from this community.

When the newcomer returned his creation to its origins, Veraka relaxed a bit, dropping his hand off of Marala Vharc's pommel.

"Just what is one, such as yourself, doing out here?" Veraka wasn't so much looking for what the human said, but how he said it, however, his answer would also be taken into account by the aasimar.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1259
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:13 am
Location: Dublin CA

Postby NathreeDe'Shezbron » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:27 pm

Elwyn smiled, he had to look up to see the aasimar's eyes, and if things did deteriorate into a fight, he could see so many possibilities for this huge man as a future puppet, "Well, so many questions. Very well, firstly," Elwyn took out the scroll that held his drow, "That was a puppet, THIS is a flesh golem." With a wave behind him, Elwyn commanded Gurguch to stand to his full ten foot height, and lumber over to stand behind Elwyn, "And secondly, my business is simple. I need money. A puppeteer is an expensive vocation, and I need money to create. Hence I need work. So I simply wander, in search of things to do, odd jobs here and there." He looked at the boy, "If there is trouble in your region, and money to fix it, I would happily perform a show or two for your community." He shrugged, "I do not profess some greater calling, I need money to craft my greatest puppet, so as long as you have coin, my allegiance is yours."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke

Ogrim
Traveler
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:23 am

Postby Ogrim » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:43 am

Farmers dispersing, one after another, before long in a full group of those remaining once the magical darkness vanishes, and they rediscover their fumbling fellows. The Drow is gone, the monster is gone, and for the time being they hope neither is about to return.

Elsewhere, the flight of the once-priestess is a paced one, silent as her run, save the occasional soft *whoosh* of air, as wings pulse down to maintain a steady altitude in an otherwise effortless glide, the monster to blame for these troubles, follows, and watches. Once the village is well out of sight, the pressure in the air, from its psionic presence, returns, and how heavy it is this time, pulsing suggestions of fatigue, of growing winded, of need for rest. These nagging projected suggestions, aimed at her, to slow her, to stop her... to what end, remaining to be seen, if the suggestions can wear her down.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Listening to Veraka, and this Elwyn, the boy with his red hair nods and confusedly so, as the concept of golems is new to him yet. Once introductions are done, he steps out nervously, "M'name's Josah, and if yer wantin' ta help, I guess that's just as well, but uhhh, we might have a bit o' coin ta spare if that's what yer askin' for." Still nervous he begins leading toward the village, then looks back, "Ye might want to hide yer golem thing, folks 'round here are getting jumpy at ever shadow what moves unexpectedly. Ever since Zah.... err that thing came, even the goblins ain't been botherin' us."

User avatar
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1259
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:13 am
Location: Dublin CA

Postby NathreeDe'Shezbron » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:54 am

Elwyn shook his head, "The golem stays with me. Trust me lad, you do not want a golem running around unattended. However, Gurguch is my familiar, so there is almost no chance of him going berserk. Still, better safe than sorry." He nodded to Veraka, and with a whirl of his cloak, Elwyn leapt onto Gurguch's back, "Come, i think it would be best to discuss this in the village." Gurguch slowly lumbered over, and lowered a hand that the boy could probably sit in, if he let his legs dangle.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Postby veraka » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:56 am

Little brother; I believe that the master controller of a human is sizing you up.

The aasimar turned his head a bit to look for himself at Elwyn, and then turned back towards Aurora; He could try; but I can think of one reason as to why I wouldn't go down easily.

Save it for whatever trouble this thing is stirring up around here.

Veraka merely nodded; the Berserker wasn't something that could be controlled, or for that matter, killed. It just existed, as much in himself as he did on Faerun's surface.

Veraka looked again to Elwyn, then to Josah; "very well, then, Josah. Lead on; the sooner we find out what's been the trouble around here, the sooner we can put an end to it."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

Ogrim
Traveler
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:23 am

Postby Ogrim » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:32 am

<OOC: For now, this can progress a bit without, whilst we wait for Zarae's post>

Unsure, Josah looks at that hand, and shakes his head quickly, the patchwork thing looking like a zombie from the telling of bard tales, "I think I'll walk." And still favoring Veraka's company, he takes up the lead back toward the village, but not without giving that big white-furred beauty a scritch between the ears, "Oooh, an' yer a big one! Bet you'd make a better tracker than them two hounds our closest neighbor has. Definitely look better doin' it too!" On he leads then, and back to his village, slowly though his pace begins to pick up as he sees the men of the village filtering back in from the forest in a bit of a hurry, "Oh no! Something is wrong." He groans then announces it.

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Postby Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:58 pm

not fearing death, yet not wanting to be sishcabobed she ran, then paused in her pace. the canine creatures, that was odd. but then she felt the presence from earlier. she wasnt sure what exactly the heaviness was, the sensations was tiring.
she stopped, disguised by the darkness to figure out the...thing. it wasnt a mind flayer thats for sure, and a good thing. but what monsters/things did the surface have? the rambling words of the priestess back in Arach-Tinilith was all she had to base it on. other sounds, large heavy steps in the distance was heard. she tried to discern, but with no walls to bounce sound it was like relearning the simplest skills all over again. she cursed to herself and her stupid reasons for coming to this cursed lands of light.

she still had her drow magic and abilities as a former noble, so discretely cast detect good as the presence was so near (the others drow spells wasnt as useful at the moment.)
Image
signature made by Larlan

~Character~

User avatar
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1259
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:13 am
Location: Dublin CA

Postby NathreeDe'Shezbron » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:01 pm

Elwyn squinted his eyes, but could see nothing amiss. Nonetheless, he supposed it was natural for the boy to be concerned. Elwyn stood up, and reaching behind his cloak, pulled out a larger scroll. He flicked his hand, and it unfurled. The scroll was as long as Elwyn was tall, and when Elwyn tossed it on the ground, a sharp beak appeared out of it, follwed closely by an eagle's head that was a good four feet long. Soon, a gargantuan eagle, a roc, stood just in front of Elwyn, its feathers ruffling in the slight breeze. Elwyn hopped off of Gurguch, and landing on its back, looked towards the village, "I can probably get there faster than our heavily armored friend. Should anything be amiss, I will try to contain the situation until you arrive." He turned to Veraka, "Your wolf, tell it to follow." Lightning crackled between his fingers, and the roc spread its wings, and with a great beat, took off towards the village.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Postby veraka » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:25 am

The mighty aasimar nodded towards Josah and begins to walk alongside him back to his village, noting how Aurora enjoys the light attention from the lad.

At the boy's surprised and concerned reaction for his village, both Veraka and Aurora turned in the direction of the village, but didn't see anything wrong.

Hearing Elwyn's words, Aurora gives the puppet master a blank stare before he takes off on his huge eagle.
He obviously lacks the common knowledge of Winter Wolves, little brother.

Veraka chuckled lightly, then turned to Josah; "me and Aurora will follow your lead; I'm not about to see something happen to your village or any."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

Ogrim
Traveler
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:23 am

Postby Ogrim » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:46 am

The attempt to detect alignment is not without merit, for the presence bears an inkling of goodness in it, faint, but there, however more neutral than otherwise, and when its quarry heeds its urgings, the source comes upon her, the 'heavy steps' coming louder, and heavier, and more frequent, until the very leaves in the trees rustle at its coming. The approaching thing does not however arrive by land, and the rushes of air as the beast's wings slow its descent before landing, give away at the last moment, from which way it comes. Up in the shadowy boughs of an oak, a thing like a gargoyle lurks, with great three digit hands and feet, made for grasping and claws fit for cleaving stone, a long tail not unlike a dragon's in shape, and that face, a blunted wedge, with no discernible mouth, and slender, long, and acute ears. All matte black hide and eyes without pupils yellow and aglow.

There it perches, and from there it glares, wary, unwilling to trust... yet. Focused and intent on the new creature before it, that telepathic pressure begins attempting to probe and dig within her mind, searching for something, though in so doing, leaves vulnerable a sense of its own emotions, fear, confusion, disorientation. It does not seem to belong here.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Josah blinked at the antics of Elwyn, jaw dropping open at the bizarre man's new mount, and could only watch helplessly, shaking his head, and holding his forehead, wondering how this man has not been lynched yet, calling random monsters out of scrolls into the midst of frightened villagers. He looks back to Veraka with that same concern, then nods, "Would that I could run fast as you Sir Knight, I never seen them come runnin' back from chasing the creature off in such a hurry, and I fear this Elwyn will make matters worse if he keeps throwin' monsters around."

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Postby Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:52 pm

watching the thing, the heavy footsteps in a soft rolling rumble in the distance carried to her keen elven hearing. it came from twords the village. the emotions were, strange to her. she felt them once or twice, even what lead to her downfall from Lloth's grace (so to speak), but it wasnt like she understood them. her rapier still in hand. she felt it trying to probe, but it would learn quickly that it couldnt get far, and what it would get was just as confusing. a specialty her brother thought her for scrys added with the benefit of the small top gem in the choker she wore. (it confuses scrys/probes with false/fake info).
not appreciative of the probing, she pulled out a ceramic wand discretely. she hated to use it, considering she had only a few charges left. (hold creature) she sent a mental warning and word about what he wanted aiming the wand at it. if he was still attempting, he would pick up on the messages quickly.
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
signature made by Larlan

~Character~

User avatar
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1259
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:13 am
Location: Dublin CA

Postby NathreeDe'Shezbron » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:59 pm

OOC: If she's that far off, she wouldn't have heard my roc flying. She might have seen it, if she had been specifically looking for it. MAYBE.

IC: Elwyn's roc made the distance to the village within just over a minute, and with a great beat of its wings, that created a horrendous downdraft, the huge eagle landed in the field just past the village entrance, the only place large enough for it to safely land. Elwyn hopped off, and his eyes scanned the surrounding area. Even with his magically enhanced vision, Elwyn could see nothing amiss, except for the missing villagers, but a group had run off into the forest. He sighed, tracking was a pain, and he wasn't particularly good with this puppet. He pulled out a scroll tied with a band of fur, possibly dog or wolf, and untieing it, unfurled the scroll. With a snarl, a normal sized wolf burst out of the scroll, and began sniffing the air, searching for any nonhuman scents it could find. The wolf spun and charged at the roc. With a silently mumbled curse, Elwyn regathered his concentration. It whirled around and froze in place. "Gods take you, blasted animal." He cursed. With a sigh, and a grunt of frustration, Elwyn went back to his roc, and hopping on its back, his fingers flashed with lightning, and the dog joined him. With a look of complete disgust, Elwyn took out a dagger, and opened his puppet, looking at the inner workings, and mumbling with frustration, started moving things around, taking things out, and thoroughly cursing out the entire pantheon while he was at it.
Last edited by NathreeDe'Shezbron on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke

Ogrim
Traveler
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:23 am

Postby Ogrim » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:14 am

[[Draw a map? Sure, sounds good to me. -- While waiting on V, let me post on your end.]]

Not far, and yet the most private parts of the mind, far from the target was far enough,even as the creature's probing attempts let up, recoiling from the wall of disciplined mental barriers, the last thought brought to mind, is those most basic things that identify her, what she is, and why she has come.

A soft hiss of a heavy breath escapes the thing, a sigh? Then comes another press on her mind, gentle and noninvasive, a rush of garbled emotion, impressing a sense of disorientation, as if not just the terrain but the very laws and fabric of reality make no sense, sensations too of fear, pain, and then there's an image of a human boy with red hair, and a feeling of betrayal so profound, as if the treachery seemed impossible.

For one so experienced, it may be known these be the thoughts of that thing in the tree, else there could easily be confusion over whose thoughts are whose.
Last edited by Ogrim on Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Postby Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:23 am

((could do what i do, use paint program and draw it. there not the prudiest but they work. if u need an example, i can PM one.

well, it took me a while to realize that yall edited previous post. as for what Zilvtree heard, i thought there was a golum/golum sized being. so she would hear those steps right. but as for proximity, yeah i wasnt sure how close either so its not a rumbling. i'll change that part.))
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
signature made by Larlan

~Character~

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Postby veraka » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:58 am

The aasimar looked toward Josah and sighed, then looked at the boy and replied "alright, lad. I'll go and make sure that Elwyn doesn't stur up too much commotion within your village. Aurora let's go."

With that, the platinum armored aasimar and huge winter wolf took off towards Josah's village, making both excellent time and distance as they raced across the ground that separated them from where Elwyn was.

((Honestly, don't know what else to post, sooo. . .yeah))
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix


Return to “Roleplaying”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron