Dream Come True

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka found himself munching on the information for a bit of time, more than he would usually; [i:wqxxiv63]Something that affects only this young one, and he claims it [b:wqxxiv63]protects[/b:wqxxiv63] him. Not the most useful of information,[/i:wqxxiv63] Veraka remarked towards Aurora.

[i:wqxxiv63]And this you just found out?[/i:wqxxiv63] the wolf sarcastically remarks back to the aasimar.

[i:wqxxiv63]However, it does give insight into one key fact.[/i:wqxxiv63]

Aurora tilted her furry head in genuine confusion.

[i:wqxxiv63]We're most likely dealing with some sort of sentient, extraplanar creature now. Not many beings I know are feral [b:wqxxiv63]and[/b:wqxxiv63] can enter the thoughts and minds of other people at will.[/i:wqxxiv63]

[i:wqxxiv63]OHh joy.[/i:wqxxiv63]

The paladin then turned to Josah's father and the elder in turn, speaking up; "If the boy is making up stories for story's sake, then you people have nothing to fear; however," Veraka's viasge grew stern and inhumanely calm; "should the boy's tales ring true, there is something more than just wolves or goblins roaming these parts, and you will [b:wqxxiv63]definitely[/b:wqxxiv63] need both myself and Master Elwyn here to assist in taking this thing down or even to try and confirm it."

At Elwyn's remark of taking on the assignment for a fee, and one that would probably dry up the town of any and all coin that they had, Veraka shoots the puppet master a look that would boil adamantine in a heartbeat.

"[b:wqxxiv63]Unlike[/b:wqxxiv63] my puppeteer friend here, you shall have my services in aiding you one way or another; if this creature is a true threat, then myself, and my winter wolf," he gestured towards Aurora, "shall assist you, regardless of pay or not," the aasimar stated towards the village elder, trying to at least grant him a reprieve from the desperation of the situation. Even though he was barbarian by birth and growing up as one, Veraka still had his oath as a paladin, and he held true to that code of honor.

Then turning to Josah, Veraka gave the boy a look over, his own celestial granted vision allowing the paladin to see the boy's aura as well as those of all who were gathered around them.
Last edited by veraka on Sun May 08, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

((I am not a wizard, not even remotely. I have no spells outside of lightning bolt... And that is a spell like ability))

Elwyn shrugged dismissively at the paladin's scathing look,

[color=red:1div846d]"Unless you wish to provide my fees and expenses, I need money to craft, and money comes from jobs. I took no oaths to be a pauper, therefore I shall collect my dues, and perform to the best of my abilities."[/color:1div846d]

[color=red:1div846d]"About this thing we have to kill. If it truly is from another plane, or something made from dream stuff, my weapons will be no use against it, they were not crafted to combat those creatures."[/color:1div846d]He spoke in the drow tongue, so the villagers would not understand, [color=red:1div846d]"There is one person I could call upon, but there is only a 1/4 chance he can help us, but if he is able, he will most definitely work very well with your pointless sense of honor."[/color:1div846d]

He turned back to the villagers, [color=red:1div846d]"What month is it, I don't usually have to worry about being punctual?[/color:1div846d]
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

An uneasy lack of certainty began to filter into the thoughts of this creature, being named now by so many, 'Zahdu', and though it held no reason to not trust this new ally of equally dark skin, outside its native realm, her mind so well guarded, being able to pry her intentions from her mind without leaving a trace of the invasion was an alien situation to it. Through the forest on its usual route, Zhadu leads, and back toward a tree line near to the fences to hold in cattle, and here it pauses, reaching out to the animals beyond, planting suggestions of safety and peace, lulling them to let down their guard. The villagers, were too numerous and too alerted to strange happenings to have much lasting effect, and are left out of this. Even so, it warns, [red]~The dreamer and its kin are awake and gathered together, however their four-legged guard-beasts rest easy, for the moment. This is as far as I go, they are watching for me now.~[/red]

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

[[OOC: As for the specific month, I am not particularly familiar with FR terminology on this point, or if there is a difference, so if anyone has the FR and Real Life equivalents, that would be helpful.]]

At mention of payment for services, the little farming community gave only a little pause, as they didn't have much to offer in way of coin, but if they could be rid of this pest, more than willing to offer spare lodging, and free meals to these two guests in exchange for their services and protection. Throughout the discussion between Veraka and Elwyn though many were the silent listeners who hung on every reply and retort between the two. One among them, from the recently thrashed hunting party, while not understanding, recognizes a few of Elwyn's choice words in Drow, and murmurs of concern begin arising, until the elder puts in, "Please, Master Elwyn, Sir Veraka, we haven't much to spare fer wealth, but we can provide ye both lodging and meals. And Master Elwyn, please do for me a favor, an' refrain from speakin' other languages, it does ye no credit given how the village is already uneasy. 'Tis midsummer, the solstice is nearly upon us now."

Around this time, is when most of the village's dogs begin in unison dozing off, and sent the same impression from beyond the distant tree-line to relax and sleep, Aurora is targeted with the same brief telepathic suggestion. And at the same moment Josah's father speaks up, "Whatever ye two are gonna do, if yer fer takin' me boy fer this matter, I'll be havin' yer honored words, he'll be kept safe!"

Also this is the point, with the assistance of some of his closest aids, the elder has the villagers disperse and begin returning to their own homes and farms. Some suspicious of Elwyn now as well, and unwilling, but in due course, they too are cleared out. The elder once more addresses the pair of would-be heroes, "Take good care of our young Josah, it's a rare thing out here, for a young lad so full of dreams of adventure t'have good role models, rather than the rogues and bards we normally see come through."

((To Veraka's gaze, the boy may not be as purely good as the paladin, but even for a young man, Josah's goodness, is decidedly much more strongly evident, than most boys his age, as for the other moral spectrum of law and chaos, he yet resides in a neutral place here, not quite a criminal but most young men are given to being rebellious now and then.))

((To Elwyn's, there's no evidence of magic upon Josah, enchantments or otherwise, he shows neither any obvious signs of sorcerous ability.))

((The only thing out of place, could one perceive it, is a [b:2wfkfs01]second[/b:2wfkfs01] astral cord tethered to him, or in the very least through him. Like looking at a length of twine threaded through a hole in a closed door.))
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn waved a hand dismissively,

[color=red:2t7wab3w]"I am no role model, I am here on a job. Nothing more. I require no trust, just give me the payment at the end, whatever it may be. The boy will not come to harm, as I am fairly sure that will decrease the payment."[/color:2t7wab3w]

Elwyn pulled out a small scroll, barely the size of his hand, and writing a few words on it that promptly vanished, he nodded, satisfied.

[color=red:2t7wab3w]"He says that he still has time on his... contract. He will arrive later this afternoon. So then boy, where did you first see this thing of yours?"[/color:2t7wab3w]
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the ex-priestess, following quietly, pauses kneeling down, scarlet cloth gracing the ground, and her rapier resting across her squatting knees.
"[color=red:33xx0odq]this is [i:33xx0odq]yours [/i:33xx0odq]to do[/color:33xx0odq]," she says at first a bit of anger in her tone, thinking he plans to use her for his own agenda. "[color=red:33xx0odq]I will do no more than a distraction,[/color:33xx0odq]" she sent bluntly, even if she might have wanted to wipe some of those rivvil off. Rushing into battle without planning or knowing what she was getting into was stupid, even if she didnt fear death itself.

((sorry, not to sure what to reply. still recovering from finals))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

((Not available to do much for awhile. In hospital recovering from appendicitis))
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((Aw, that sucks. Hope everything went well. :) ))

Zyeke
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((thought i posted on this...maybe it never went thru...
anyway, get better! ))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~